• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
MS isn't new to bringing out new controllers during a generation. Do you think they will incorporate gyro/motion if flick stick takes off?

It's insane to me that it's been two whole generations since motion was introduced in gaming and the adoption rate for titles and even console manufacturers is still too low. Especially now that it's clear that it will stay.
If Sony actually gets to implementing gyro (& flick stick) into more of their games, it'll basically be a domino effect for the platform. More third-party games will go on to add gyro aiming (& flick stick) to their games, thus forcing Microsoft's hand.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
My bad ... I watched that when it was 3AM here so I kinda forgot his right words. Strong I guess is something good but not big, right?
I mean you literally just said you would not consider Sega joining Game Pass "big", so with such a expectation stance you are only asking to be disappointed.

Why can't we just ... You know ... Wait for them to announce things? Every new game coming to the service is great news.

Shinobi already did the expectation management on this. Everything coming to Game Pass only strengthens the line-up even more and if we are looking at a small or medium publisher adding even more stuff to the library — awesome, that's a strong announcement.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
This is how disappointment begins. He didn't ever used the word "big". The correct quote is: "strong announcements to come about things … that'll be coming to Game Pass." This is a confident wording yet not implying whatever unrealistic scenarios people here suggest again.
What's the difference between a "big" announcement and a "strong" announcement?

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
User banned (2 weeks): Ignoring staff post, platform warring, conspiratorial rhetoric
Ok so this place is getting...."interesting" over the past few months we've had
  • DF guys chased off threads
  • Devs chased off
  • Poster who went against the Craig meme chased so hard that he requested a name change, all posts deleted and a perm ban
  • And now dusk de-modded
What's the common theme on these.... 😜

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
  • Devs chased off
  • Poster who went against the Craig meme chased so hard that he requested a name change, all posts deleted and a perm ban
  • And now dusk de-modded
If you dont have news people dont want to hear, you have nothing to gain by sharing it.

When was Dusk de-moded?

tbassett

Jan 8, 2019
  • Devs chased off
  • And now dusk de-modded
I really don't like this theme. Take the good with the bad. The github leaks were not allowed to be mentioned and low and behold that was accurate. You think lessons would have been learned.

Dodger

Banned
May 30, 2020
Just focus on the positive. The XSX looks like to be a great console performance wise and from the sounds of it all the major third party games will look and perform better on it. Games Pass is great and expanding all the time and while it probably never will be for major third party content day 1, it gets great "indie" content day 1 and a lot of great third party content down the line. If what some of the X1 enhanced games were able achieve is any indication, having 4 generations of games available and upgraded will be amazing as well.

Don't dwell on the Sony negativity, the XSX has a lot going for it, and the first party content will come. The XSX is hardly doomed just because Halo got delayed.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
He was a hero with the Silent Hill rumour and now he's a villain haha.
G07SRjv.jpg

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Just focus on the positive. The XSX looks like to be a great console performance wise and from the sounds of it all the major third party games will look and perform better on it. Games Pass is great and expanding all the time and while it probably never will be for major third party content day 1, it gets great "indie" content day 1 and a lot of great third party content down the line. If what some of the X1 enhanced games were able achieve is any indication, having 4 generations of games available and upgraded will be amazing as well.

Don't dwell on the Sony negativity, the XSX has a lot going for it, and the first party content will come. The XSX is hardly doomed just because Halo got delayed.
Amen! Very excited for the XSX and the future of Xbox.

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so excited to Battletoads and Wasteland 3, that alongside Grounded makes august is a great month.

Oct 28, 2017

I agree. The QoL improvements, backwards compatibility, and Game Pass are well worth getting a XSX for.

Shempts

Apr 29, 2018
Saw that Shadow of the Tomb Raider is on sale. What kind of backwards compatibility enhancements should I expect if I wait to play it on the Series X?

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
1) If you could show me how to, I'd add it in a heartbeat
2) The banner is for Age of Empires but the description Is for World's Edge. Still waiting on Pelochoman to see if they want to update that banner.
3) I'll add that in later today

I am actually not sure. When I create a new thread, I see an option to add a "prefix". That's where you can tag the thread title with "OT". But I don't think it's possible to add a prefix after a thread had already been created

Jan 4, 2018
Brennecke confirms that bees and mosquitos are on the way in a "later update", as well as other flying insects. Future updates might also include things like swimming – Brennecke says the new systems will mean "more things to do in the water and elsewhere".

www.pcgamesn.com

Grounded’s first major update launches this month

Monthly updates are coming to Grounded, and Obsidian's got a few hints about what's in store

giphy.gif

CostlyOccasionalAfricanporcupine-size_restricted.gif

Spiders and now mosquistos... It just needs some centipedes and wasps too and we're done. This backyard is going to become pure hell on earth lol.

This game has such a potential, I'm glad it will have monthly updates.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
He was a hero with the Silent Hill rumour and now he's a villain haha.

In the defence of the situation, I've seen at least one other insider cast some doubt on the Silent Hill rumors recently. Not outright saying Dusk was lying, just that they reckoned some bad information may have been shared. That could have contributed to Dusk being demodded along with the resolution talk.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
In the defence of the situation, I've seen at least one other insider cast some doubt on the Silent Hill rumors recently. Not outright saying Dusk was lying, just that they reckoned some bad information may have been shared. That could have contributed to Dusk being demodded along with the resolution talk.
Wasn't it a different insider that started the SH rumor?

Mar 19, 2020

Grubb also saying xboxing day has shifted to September. 2020 is a timeline in which time just cycles through a nightmare in which you can never make real progress.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Wasn't it a different insider that started the SH rumor?

Oh yeah, you're right, Dusk was the Resident Evil leaks, and I remember him saying he was something like 60-80% on the Silent Hill rumors being true. It was another insider who said they weren't sure about those rumors anymore, but I feel like then saying it was mostly ignored.

More things we've been waiting to finally hear the truth of all frigging summer hah.

Jan 4, 2018
With the delay of Halo, I wonder if Turn 10 is able to go back in full force to Forza Motorsport? One of the rumors was that T10 stopped or a lot of the team stopped working on FM to support Halo Infinite. There was also a rumor that FM was suppose to be a launch title, but that MS felt Halo should be more than enough and they pulled T10 to work on Halo to make sure it hits launch.

MS still needs Halo ASAP though. Maybe their new target is a Spring or early Summer release and they still need all hands on deck.

Though I guess that some people could go back on developping Forza now that the November deadline no longer exists (if Turn 10 was really helping 343).

I don't know if Forza could have been a launch title. In the last Forza Monthly, they said that they started production in August 2019 or later (Iirc).

Mar 19, 2020

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting Microsoft to pull out of gamescom. What do they even have to show? I doubt they'll show Halo now. Lockhart moved to September.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
I'm so excited to Battletoads and Wasteland 3, that alongside Grounded makes august is a great month.
I am so excited for the games. Right now I'm still having fun with Kiwami 2! I'll be finished in a couple of days which is perfect timing for a battle toads playthrough then really digging my teeth into wasteland 3. Its crazy that 2 -3 months of pretty extensive gaming only cost me the 15/month sub,

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
Oh yeah, you're right, Dusk was the Resident Evil leaks, and I remember him saying he was something like 60-80% on the Silent Hill rumors being true. It was another insider who said they weren't sure about those rumors anymore, but I feel like then saying it was mostly ignored.

More things we've been waiting to finally hear the truth of all frigging summer hah.

I think Dusk got some bad rep because he claimed that the Medium was supposed to be a Silent Hill game originally and then he backed up from that for some reason (I didn't read the whole thing, sorry). His Resident Evil contact seem to be very legit, but I wouldn't be absolutely sure about anything else, since I don't know his track about anything else besides that.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
User Banned (1 week): Ignoring staff post, console wars
  • Devs chased off
  • And now dusk de-modded

Have they turned on Grubb yet?

Deleted member 29157

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So I haven't had a whole lot of time to spend in here as of late, so sorry if I missed it but has there been any rumor about Halo Infinite having two different versions or there being turning point during development where the game changed completely?

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I think Dusk got some bad rep because he claimed that the Medium was supposed to be a Silent Hill game originally and then he backed up from that for some reason (I didn't read the whole thing, sorry). His Resident Evil contact seem to be very legit, but I wouldn't be absolutely sure about anything else, since I don't know his track about anything else besides that.

I remember the Medium thing. He said it, then within a few hours quoted the post and said it was a lie that he'd posted to test a source. I can't remember if he revealed it as false before the developer commented on it, but it was pretty quick.

Im not saying Dusk is the source of truth for sure, honestly at this point I'm not saying anything other than a timeline about him.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I haven't had a whole lot of time to spend in here as of late, so sorry if I missed it but has there been any rumor about Halo Infinite having two different versions or there being turning point during development where the game changed completely?

They were considering launching it in pieces, the campaign and multiplayer, but decided against it.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do we have reason to believe we are getting anything related to Xbox for Gamescom? We don't usually get a whole lot but there is a new console on the horizon. I remember when the Xbox One came out the first year or two there was a decent showing.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
So, what's the ultimate plan for xcloud?

Right now we have mobile android beta, with confirmed upgrades to 1080p coming.

It's easy to assume, but have we heard through official channels the goal is to have it on browsers, PCs and console?

When can we expect to utilize streaming on PC? Are they testing it?

I have so many questions. Seems like it's taking forever to find out more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.