• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
The last thread lasted a month. Do you think we'll know the price of the consoles by the next time we create a new thread?

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif
lol. This gif gets me everytime. she is currently one of the contestants in the ongoing BB 2020.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I know Shinobi said Xbox may push an announcement back to next month, but I wonder if that's the console announcement or the Game Pass partnership announcement or something else. I could see them pushing that partnership announcement back, in the wake of Infinites delay, to try and throw some money at more publishers and see if they can announce two partnerships instead of one, or g try to expand the scope of the one they were going to announce.

I guess its also possible they're going to try to shore up the launch lineup, but it seems awfully late to try and make any exclusive deals. I guess we'll see.

Icky Thump

Oct 30, 2017
New thread. Now no one will be able to reply to my smashing pumpkins comment that I thought was so clever.

Deadly Serious question: Someone point me to the rumor of why there is Akira artwork in the Initiative part of the OP.

KodiakGTS

Jun 4, 2018
I know Shinobi said Xbox may push an announcement back to next month, but I wonder if that's the console announcement or the Game Pass partnership announcement or something else. I could see them pushing that partnership announcement back, in the wake of Infinites delay, to try and throw some money at more publishers and see if they can announce two partnerships instead of one, or g try to expand the scope of the one they were going to announce.

I guess its also possible they're going to try to shore up the launch lineup, but it seems awfully late to try and make any exclusive deals. I guess we'll see.

I do really think they're playing a game of chicken with Sony regarding the pricing of PS5 DE and the announcement/pricing of Lockhart. I think they want to have $150 difference between the two, and are prepared to go as low as $250. I think they'd prefer to have it at $300 so are waiting to find out if Sony will price the DE at $400 or $450.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Does anyone else hope they do a limited Anaconda edition like they did for the Scorpio One X?

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
MS isn't new to bringing out new controllers during a generation. Do you think they will incorporate gyro/motion if flick stick takes off?

It's insane to me that it's been two whole generations since motion was introduced in gaming and the adoption rate for titles and even console manufacturers is still too low. Especially now that it's clear that it will stay.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
MS isn't new to bringing out new controllers during a generation. Do you think they will incorporate gyro/motion if flick stick takes off?

It's insane to me that it's been two whole generations since motion was introduced in gaming and the adoption rate for titles and even console manufacturers is still too low. Especially now that it's clear that it will stay.
If Gyro happens, it's probably a third party controller. Would be nice if the system had the option at dash/OS level, just in case we do get controller upgrades.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019

They've added Gyro controls to xCloud, so it's definitely a possibility if one of their studios pushes for it. But I think MS is still gun-shy of controller gimmicks after Kinect.

Mar 19, 2020
This is the OT where we react to the Xbox mic drop moment, right? PLEASE let this be the one where the mics drop like mad...

I'd settle for Sunset Overdrive now runs at at least 1080p 60fps with retrofitted HDR...

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Full interview and it's really great. Love Gary's format and interview style.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Three issues:
  1. Is it possible to have the OT tag on the thread title?​
  2. In the OP, it lists one studio as "Age of Empires". They are called World's Edge​
  3. I believe the Xbox Global Publishing section is missing the game As Dusk Falls

RobitFarmer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried xcloud yesterday(Horizon 4), I think my internet must suck. It was pretty unplayable.
I actually think that Game Pass servers are getting hammered. I have been in the Beta for months and as of yesterday my connection went from perfect to unplayable on a 1Gbps down 1Gbps up connection. I flipped over to Stadia and I was not having any issues. I think that MS is likely needing to scale the service a little faster to meet the demand of people joining in now that it is open to mostly everyone.

Hilbert

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific Northwest!
I actually think that Game Pass servers are getting hammered. I have been in the Beta for months and as of yesterday my connection went from perfect to unplayable on a 1Gbps down 1Gbps up connection. I flipped over to Stadia and I was not having any issues. I think that MS is likely needing to scale the service a little faster to meet the demand of people joining in now that it is open to mostly everyone.

That makes sense. I thought I had decent internet.

Dodger

Banned
May 30, 2020
Probably but my excitement to day 1 both consoles on launch went from 11/10 to like 3-4/10 lately. The XSX won't have Halo, and it looks like the PS5's main game will be Spiderman, and I just didn't care for the PS4 game so that's not doing it for me either.

Honestly, I'm more excited to see upscaled this gen games and decreased load times then I am any of the games that will be available at launch.

I was going to make some comments on what I see happening in both OT's, but I don't want to get banned so nevermind.

OP
OP
Figments

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
Three issues:
  1. Is it possible to have the OT tag on the thread title?​
  2. In the OP, it lists one studio as "Age of Empires". They are called World's Edge​
  3. I believe the Xbox Global Publishing section is missing the game As Dusk Falls​

1) If you could show me how to, I'd add it in a heartbeat
2) The banner is for Age of Empires but the description Is for World's Edge. Still waiting on Pelochoman to see if they want to update that banner.
3) I'll add that in later today

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This is the thread where shinobi tells us announcements got pushed by a month again.
I don't know why anyone in here needs a dreamcatcher. Just print out an avatar of shinobi and hang it over your bed.

That apple/epic thing might help Xbox? They could end up losing fortnite, and maybe calming their audience down with a little gamepass instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.