• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Where did the that PS5 preorders and price would launch today come from?
Just a random person on Twitter. Not much to the rumor.

www.resetera.com

Amazon Australia puts up pre-order pages for PlayStation 5 consoles, games, and accessories.

Looks like pre-orders may open sooner than we think. These aren't placeholder pages, but full-fledged product pages, just that the products are unavailable to pre-order currently. Courtesy Reddit. Hardware Console Digital Edition Dualsense DualSense Charging Station Media Remote Camera Pulse...

indosmoke

Oct 30, 2017
France
This may sound dumb, but I just took a look at the games I've played so far this year. 11 out of 15 I've played on Xbox were all part of Game Pass!

Not gonna lie, that makes me more tempted to get the Series X on day one. I have a feeling I might not buy and play as many games otherwise.

What about you folks? How many games have you played this year and how many of those titles were through Game Pass?

Game Pass is the real killer app (and the keystone of MS' endgame, aka xCloud).
I didn't count them but yeah, most if not all of the games I played this year were on GP. I don't think I have bought a single game this year - even last year actually...

I can totally understand why it doesn't suit everyone, but the whole point is to have options (a fully "locked" Game Pass machine would not interest me on its own). And as far as I'm concerned, taking into consideration my gaming habits the past few years, GP is currently the perfect option.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
news.xbox.com

Microsoft Flight Simulator Set for Launch on August 18 for PC, also with Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) - Xbox Wire

Start preparing for take-off. Xbox Game Studios and Asobo Studio are thrilled to announce that Microsoft Flight Simulator launches on August 18, and you can pre-order on Windows 10* or pre-install with Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) today. We have been thrilled and humbled by the support and...
wtf

A Living World –
Earth is vibrant and ever-changing and so is the world of
Microsoft Flight Simulator
which includes live traffic, real-time weather and animals.

Highly Detailed Aircraft
– Hone your pilot skills in a variety of aircraft from light planes to commercial jets with comprehensive flight models. Every aircraft includes highly detailed and accurate cockpits with realistic instrumentation.

Dynamic Weather
– The new weather engine enables users to switch on the live weather mode to experience real-time weather including accurate wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, rain and more.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
That date is crazy! I thought for sure it'd be much later in the year. They will add on to it though so it's not surprising!

Them announcing now makes it seem it won't be featured in july's event. Unless it's in a sizzle reel with Gears Tactics for Series X.

Last edited:

DaeJim

Founder LifeisXbox.eu
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Console release for Flight Sim is likely 2021.
Hopefully the game does well, its on XGP so pretty sure many will try it.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I'm a little annoyed by the inconsistency in Microsoft's releases regarding platforms.
- Battletoads didn't have a PC confirmation, no online multiplayer
- Minecraft Dungeons didn't release on Steam, doesn't support cross-play and cross-progression
- Gears Tactics didn't release simultaneously on PC and Xbox
- Microsoft Flight Simulator isn't releasing on Steam and Win10 at the same time

Like, why not communicate this properly? It's becoming a bit of a mess tbh.

Scarecrowe

Apr 9, 2020
I don't have concrete informations, but perspective is 1st/3rd person in target. (I don't know maybe they will drop one of two, but for now it is both)

Also development is targeting only Xbox Series (X)/PC with Unreal 4/5 and compatible tools.

If they will decide at later phase to outsource it to other studio for adaptation to XBOne I don't know but right now that's not the option.

Info that I'm getting is focused on reactivity with environments and enemies - that's very important and part of their research at this phase. Destruction will have special focus and also there will be Boss enemies and encounters.

-----

Edited: also, Fargo's surprise with easy/full approval of the project was more in line: "do you know guys how expensive is to develop this kind of project?".

Yeah Phill and Matt know how ambitious is the project and they green-lighted it at full scale. We're in for a real treat, but we'll need to wait for it a little bit longer than usual.
Sponger didnt you say inexile has the highest budget? I kept trying to tell ryan from ign but he didn't believe me

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm a little annoyed by the inconsistency in Microsoft's releases regarding platforms.
- Battletoads didn't have a PC confirmation, no online multiplayer
- Minecraft Dungeons didn't release on Steam, doesn't support cross-play and cross-progression
- Gears Tactics didn't release simultaneously on PC and Xbox
- Microsoft Flight Simulator isn't releasing on Steam and Win10 at the same time

Like, why not communicate this properly? It's becoming a bit of a mess tbh.
Pretty sure everyone of these questions were properly communicated since we have an answer for all of them

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
This may sound dumb, but I just took a look at the games I've played so far this year. 11 out of 15 I've played on Xbox were all part of Game Pass!

Not gonna lie, that makes me more tempted to get the Series X on day one. I have a feeling I might not buy and play as many games otherwise.

What about you folks? How many games have you played this year and how many of those titles were through Game Pass?
About 75% of my active library is Game Pass, I hadn't noticed before but when they updated the UI with those Game Pass logos it became clear, I was a bit surprised.

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
As far as I know MS isn't going to release all their games on steam day 1, they will be pushing game pass and MS first

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
About 75% of my active library is Game Pass, I hadn't noticed before but when they updated the UI with those Game Pass logos it became clear, I was a bit surprised.

I think that's what made it more clear for me as well! I look at the games I currently have installed and see about 75-80% have Game Pass logos.

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
news.xbox.com

Microsoft Flight Simulator Set for Launch on August 18 for PC, also with Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) - Xbox Wire

Start preparing for take-off. Xbox Game Studios and Asobo Studio are thrilled to announce that Microsoft Flight Simulator launches on August 18, and you can pre-order on Windows 10* or pre-install with Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) today. We have been thrilled and humbled by the support and...
This will be the first FS I've ever played, but I'm looking forward to it for sure.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
news.xbox.com

Oh wow, well if they're announcing the release date now, pretty much guarantees no AoE at the show, wonder if they'll even announce the console release dates for this and Gears: Tactics.

Also somewhat mystified why they're not releasing this day one on steam as well, this would make absolute bank.

Scarecrowe

Apr 9, 2020
Oh wow, well if they're announcing the release date now, pretty much guarantees no AoE at the show, wonder if they'll even announce the console release dates for this and Gears: Tactics.

Also somewhat mystified why they're not releasing this day one on steam as well, this would make absolute bank.
Pushing games pass and windows store probably will go later

jobbe1978

Jan 18, 2018
Italy
Don't mistunderstand me, I don't want to complain and all but, again, localization in Europe and especially in Italy is still a big missing point for Xbox.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Just got a laptop that can run Flight Sim. So fucking pumped. Gears Tactics is also amazing. Hope both come to console soon.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yes they will likely be on steam, Not sure about on day 1. Halo will be a huge game pass driver , I see them stagger there games since the audience will always be there
They will be day 1

edit: I am not trying to imply I have any knowledge but anything not launching on Steam day 1 wouldnt make sense. Unless it's a smaller dev team or something

Status
Not open for further replies.