• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
Currently no Halo game has had a longer than 10 hour campaign looking at howlongtobeat. If you're expecting 15+, get ready to be disappointed.
No Halo game has taken this long to make either. I am allowed to have my expectation. Raide has the right idea. Its been five years since the last one. 5 was the first Halo game I never finished and also the first I haven't played multiple times over.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
Halo multiplayer needs to be separated from its single player offering and go f2p. That would hopefully allow them to get the main game out on time. They could put the Mp in early access.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
No Halo game has taken this long to make either

A new engine takes time to make, as well as developing it multiple consoles + PC.

This is being developed for the Xbox One family, Xbox Series X, and PC. Yes, games can scale but making sure everything runs smoothly on every system, and has the feature set expected for that platform isn't always the easiest thing. I believe the audio on Halo Reach PC still isn't fixed.

On top of that, you might not care about multiplayer, but that doesn't mean 343i doesn't care. They are going to spend time making levels, working on Forge, other game types, etc.

I am allowed to have my expectation

I never said you weren't allowed to have expectations. I just said no Halo game has ever been 15 hours long.

Hell, very few FPS are that long.

Call of Duty? Nope. Battlefield? Nope. Bioshock? Nope. Metro Exodus? Nope. Crysis? Nope. Half-Life? Nope. Doom? Nope. Titanfall 2? Nope.

Probably the two I can think of are Far Cry 5 and Prey 2.

But more development time =/= longer game. And longer game =/= better game/experience.

But yea, you're allowed to have your expectation.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Wow, I just noticed NIS America published La-Mulana to Xbox One. After they had cancelled the RPG maker for Xbox, I was really surprised seeing this in the store. Must be the first NIS America game on Xbox at all.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Is anyone having an issue when hitting rb to move a tab over on the Xbox menu and it goes 2 spots sometimes or is something wrong with my elite controller

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
A new engine takes time to make, as well as developing it multiple consoles + PC.

This is being developed for the Xbox One family, Xbox Series X, and PC. Yes, games can scale but making sure everything runs smoothly on every system, and has the feature set expected for that platform isn't always the easiest thing. I believe the audio on Halo Reach PC still isn't fixed.

On top of that, you might not care about multiplayer, but that doesn't mean 343i doesn't care. They are going to spend time making levels, working on Forge, other game types, etc.

I never said you weren't allowed to have expectations. I just said no Halo game has ever been 15 hours long.

Hell, very few FPS are that long.

Call of Duty? Nope. Battlefield? Nope. Bioshock? Nope. Metro Exodus? Nope. Crysis? Nope. Half-Life? Nope. Doom? Nope. Titanfall 2? Nope.

Probably the two I can think of are Far Cry 5 and Prey 2.

But more development time =/= longer game. And longer game =/= better game/experience.

But yea, you're allowed to have your expectation.
I know multiplayer makes up a bulk of what makes Halo Halo. I don't care about it because I don't play multiplayer. Even so I want them to make a kickass multiplayer because I want Halo Infinite to be a success. Its just that I have waited more than 5 yrs to play a solid Halo campaign again so I want it to be meaty and memorable so I can replay it over and over. Gears 5 last year had a really good campaign but it wasn't long and sort of ended abruptly. Had to hold up replaying it until XSX. So you see, the games I truly enjoy are few and far between and if I have to wait this long I want it to be worth it. And yes I know that part of the time it has taken is for them to build the Slipspace engine.
So yes I am well aware of the situation surrounding Halo Infinite and the Slipspace engine and I am well aware that Halo games are usually ~10hrs long, still, I want them to deliver an experience longer and more memorable than any Halo game before.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I am well aware that Halo games are usually ~10hrs long, still, I want them to deliver an experience longer and more memorable than any Halo game before.

Well hopefully they deliver.

I genuinely just hope the game is good and packed with content. Not a fan of being drip fed and having to wait for more content (Looking at Halo 5 and Modern Warfare).

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know multiplayer makes up a bulk of what makes Halo Halo. I don't care about it because I don't play multiplayer. Even so I want them to make a kickass multiplayer because I want Halo Infinite to be a success. Its just that I have waited more than 5 yrs to play a solid Halo campaign again so I want it to be meaty and memorable so I can replay it over and over. Gears 5 last year had a really good campaign but it wasn't long and sort of ended abruptly. Had to hold up replaying it until XSX. So you see, the games I truly enjoy are few and far between and if I have to wait this long I want it to be worth it. And yes I know that part of the time it has taken is for them to build the Slipspace engine.
So yes I am well aware of the situation surrounding Halo Infinite and the Slipspace engine and I am well aware that Halo games are usually ~10hrs long, still, I want them to deliver an experience longer and more memorable than any Halo game before.
What you want and what they deliver ultimately doesn't matter. The only thing that will matter is overall quality regardless of campaign length. I don't get why people constantly set themselves up for disappointment by expecting things that wasn't promised.

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
Well hopefully they deliver.

I genuinely just hope the game is good and packed with content. Not a fan of being drip fed and having to wait for more content (Looking at Halo 5 and Modern Warfare).
Yeah I hope they deliver too. Halo is pretty much number one in gaming terms for me. Don't enjoy other games in quite the same way. I want 343 to get both aspects right even if I don't care about multiplayer.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Robin Beanland is a genius.

Also: I'm blown away by both the Seabound Soul & Heart of Fire Tall Tales. Can't recommend them enough. If you are looking for a narrative Sea of Thieves experience, it's right there. Including goosebumps.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol ok. If you say so. I am pretty sure I wasn't even conversing with you in the first place so...
This is a forum and the whole point is comment on each other comments. However it's all love in this Xbox thread, so just sharing how I felt about the situation. I don't want you to set yourself up for disappointment but instead simply look forward and enjoy the Halo Infinite campaign as it is regardless of campaign length. However definitely please provide constructive criticism after playing it.

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020
The article is based on a pastebin. You should insult your friend for sharing that rubbish with you and never visit that website again.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
anyone have a link to that tweet that was up a while ago where the guy had a video of water sim demo and said he was targeting high end PC's and Series X specs?

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
This was posted by a friend on Facebook. I dont believe this rumor, and never heard of this website but I figured I should post it anyway.

techplusgame.com

Microsoft Buys All Konami IPs Including Metal Gear, Silent Hill & More for Xbox Series X - Rumor TechPlusGame

According to reports, Microsoft could have bought all Konami IPs including Metal Gear, Silent Hill and more for its new console of Xbox Series X.

Reports. Remember the days when a report was a very detailed analysis of a certain event or activity or experiment that were grounded in the real world?

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reports. Remember the days when a report was a very detailed analysis of a certain event or activity or experiment that were grounded in the real world?

"According to reports, which is really a single report, which is also really just a pastebin from an anonymous source..."

Good rule of thumb is to only pay attention to known reputable sources and VHS tapes filmed in a barn

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
I know there's another Ori plushie coming, but who here is #TeamMokiPlushie like me?

Specifically, I want one of the moki in the hat.

#TeamHatMokiPlushie

Knottian

Banned
Mar 5, 2019
A lot of bad takes in Halo in here.

Couldn't agree more. I've been a fan of Halo since it was supposed to be a Mac game from the guys who made Marathon. I've read almost all of the books and consumed all the trans media that's out there because I love the Halo universe. I would absolutely consider myself a diehard fan, and I personally have loved most of what 343 has done with the story (I'd argue Bungie didn't really bring in the elements that made Halo unique until ODST and Reach) and I absolutely have loved what they've done with the movement and gameplay of Halo. For example, I have yet to hear a good argument for why it makes sense that a super soldier with a state of the art, nuclear-fusion-reactor powered suit should move as clumsy and slow as the pre-Reach titles; it makes absolute sense for the movement systems of Halo 4 and 5 to be the standard, for any Mjolnir suit of armor.

I also must profess that I despise when people assume Halo fans are a monolith, especially when that assumption is coming from the toxic Halo "elite" as if you're a heretic for not idolizing every design/narrative decision Bungie made.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Didn't Brad Sams say all the way back in 2017 (prior to the first Slipspace Engine reveal, and even the subtitle reveal) that Halo Infinite would be split into a multiplayer and singleplayer experience?

Edit: double-post, rip

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
No Halo game has taken this long to make either. I am allowed to have my expectation. Raide has the right idea. Its been five years since the last one. 5 was the first Halo game I never finished and also the first I haven't played multiple times over.
I remember reading that part of the reason the game was delayed was because they wanted to avoid crunch as much as they could.

I'm not expecting too much from the extended development time, though I still expect the game to be a blast to play.

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
I remember reading that part of the reason the game was delayed was because they wanted to avoid crunch as much as they could.

I'm not expecting too much from the extended development time, though I still expect the game to be a blast to play.
I hope so. Hopefully we get to see it in the next 2 months or so, whenever MS holds their digital XSX showcase. That's going to be Halo Infinite's coming out party. Along with other FP titles I imagine.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
Am I going crazy or are there a lot of concern trolling posts happening recently regarding MS IP? It seems now that the box itself is above reproach and the consumer value is the best in the industry with gamepass we have moved on to talking about every game like it's a tanked and wasted effort in continuing the IP

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
Am I going crazy or are there a lot of concern trolling posts happening recently regarding MS IP? It seems now that the box itself is above reproach and the consumer value is the best in the industry with gamepass we have moved on to talking about every game like it's a tanked and wasted effort in continuing the IP
Theres been a LOT of posts like that about bleeding edge. just look in the review thread and theres a bunch of drive by posts saying stuff like "Dead on arrival" and the like. Its a bit annoying but thats what the ignore button is for

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Loved Ori, finished it a couple days ago. Surprising ending, for sure. I was not prepared for the overall story, so maybe I didn't like it as much. But, it was fun. Potentially, there may have been too much stuff? But it was still very engaging and well-designed. The performance issues really did pile up. Maybe just because I was playing for several hours straight, but they got to be damn near constant. I was getting hitches all over the final few chases and the final boss AND EVEN IN THE FINAL CREDITS. Pretty bad.

Overall, very very, very good game. Def one of my favorite XGS games ever.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't really kept up but I know there's been rumors the past year or two. But any news on Perfect Dark and if it's still in development?

Status
Not open for further replies.