• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Sadly it's a narrative we'll have to get used to...apparently only the PS5 has an awesome SSD and 3D Audio solution.

It's ridiculous but what can we do...

Let's not down play the fact that the SSD is a huge advantage for the PS5. The XSX still has its own pluses over the PS5. This is much better than this generation, where the Xbox One was prohibitively weaker than the PS4.

The XSX's SSD is still quite good, and provides a generational leap over the X1 generation. We'll still see changes in game design here, too. People on this forum are acting like the XSX has a hard drive lol.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Let's not down play the fact that the SSD is a huge advantage for the PS5. The XSX still has its own pluses over the PS5. This is much better than this generation, where the Xbox One was prohibitively weaker than the PS4.

The XSX's SSD is still quite good, and provides a generational leap over the X1 generation. We'll still see changes in game design here, too. People on this forum are acting like the XSX has a hard drive lol.

I'm totally impressed with Sony's SSD solution but I don't know exactly yet just how big of an advantage it'll be, I think both SSDs will be awesome.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
True.

I hope they don't get over-confident.

Price it at 499$ and come out with great games like the 360 model. They need a strong launch lineup as well as a strong roadmap.

First 12 months:

1. Halo Infinite
2. Battletoads
3. FM
4. Hellblade 2? (Fall 2021)
5. Fable Reboot ( Fall 2021)
6. AoE4

Hopefully some good surprises with Banjo, KI2 as well.

I have faith they won't.

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I'd like to know who those devs were. It's clear as the sun which console commands more graphical power here. Especially when it comes to Ray Tracing, which nobody seems to be addressing in the other threads.

I get it, its targeting a different thermal envelope, that's fine (and I hope it has a nice elegant design). But the downplay seems desperate in those other threads, it's unnecessary. We're getting wildly improved consoles to play. Everyone should be happy.
Tbh I've seen a lot of downplaying from those looking forward to the XSX.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Speaking of Bleeding Edge releasing in one week...

...the Bleeding Edge OT will go up on Monday the 23rd which is four days from now :)

AkxKM8c.gif

That's an excellent trailer, damn.

I really like how prominently they're placing the comradery between these characters. In comparison to something like Paladins/League/Overwatch, the universe usually revolves around several factions who fight each other because they're the opposing faction. BE being simply about some modding enthusiasts who want to battle each other to see who's the best fighter is just such a refreshing take on the whole character-focused multiplayer genre.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Worlds Edge its real logo

ETeP5scUEAQ-0GI

twitter.com

BladerSoul(블레이더영혼) on Twitter

“@klobrille Hello, I'm BladerSoul of Korean XBOX Series X Console Game Biginner. We will send you a special photo today ^^ ;; XBOX Today, on the main page of Game Studio, it was confirmed that the Logo of World's Edge Studio(Age of Empires Studio) appeared:)”

Oct 26, 2018
Can we talk about how we just got two fp games releases this month in ori and bleeding edge and another ( timed?) Exclusive in blessed unleashed ...on ONE MONTH

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Just to be clear on this...series X will be full on BC with all Xbox One games, right? So take RDR2 for example (still have barely begun with it, sigh), I buy Series X as soon as it's available here in The Netherlands, I can play RDR2 right away?

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019

The XSX SSD is leaps ahead of current console tech. The PS5's is even further.

End of the day, this is largely fodder for fanboys and tech nerds. There's not a chance in hell you aren't going to have a good time on either console, unelss you choose not to (which a curious number of people seem to achieve...).

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Just to be clear on this...series X will be full on BC with all Xbox One games, right? So take RDR2 for example (still have barely begun with it, sigh), I buy Series X as soon as it's available here in The Netherlands, I can play RDR2 right away?

Interestingly, Xbox One hardware / Controllers is also supposed to be compatible with the Series X, so this could include games that require special controllers like Rock Band for the first time.

Only thing I'm not sure of is if Kinect will be compatible with Series X (if so probably with the adapter), Kinect games are the only wild cards now as far as I know.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
It's so good to see Phil make good on his promise regarding services, hardware and 1P. XGS will deliver on so many levels next gen. MS hardware team is top notch, their BC/live teams are in a league of their own and we have no idea what new features these guys have planned then we got the amazing 1P studios. It's going to be an amazing gen.

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
You know, I've always knew this place would get rough after both consoles specs reveal. But I never dreamed of it being THIS bad.

I've seen it all: secret sauce (hello power of the cloud), the use of american muscle car (brute force) v European sport car (elegant and sophisticated) as metaphor for the new consoles, a journalist, who should be impartial, acting like a fanboy.

That's just disgusting and tiresome, honestly.

Oh well... Anyway, we're 10 pages shy of OT 8! Nice! OT7 was the first time I participated in this forum, even though I always lurked here. Here's hoping for more OTs and a bright future for Xbox and us!

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
i LOVE the look of this game, but it just ain't for me :(

I would have been down for it if there was a PvE mode with cool "stages" of sorts, but 4 vs 4 combat sounds too bleh for adult me. I mean I will still try it out, but I haven't been dazzled by online gaming since I was a teen. I'd vastly prefer some sort of solo experience for a game with those cool aesthetics

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
It's so good to see Phil make good on his promise regarding services, hardware and 1P. XGS will deliver on so many levels next gen. MS hardware team is top notch, their BC/live teams are in a league of their own and we have no idea what new features these guys have planned then we got the amazing 1P studios. It's going to be an amazing gen.

It really is! :)

Laver

Banned
Mar 30, 2018
These people are indoctrinated. I give up on them.
Not indoctrinated, people are simply emotional thinkers. They are emotionally attached to the Playstation brand and hold the belief that everything Sony does has to be by default better than the competition. Hence the dominant thinking that every "insider" climing the Github leak was wrong was necessarily legit and that PS5 would be superior in terms of raw horsepower.

Now that the reality collided with their preconceived notion, you can witness a glorious display of cognitive dissonance.

You know, I've always knew this place would get rough after both consoles specs reveal. But I never dreamed of it being THIS bad.

I've seen it all: secret sauce (hello power of the cloud), the use of american muscle car (brute force) v European sport car (elegant and sophisticated) as metaphor for the new consoles, a journalist, who should be impartial, acting like a fanboy.
It's hilarious to witness how bothered Schreier is that someone could conceivably perceive XSX as more powerful.

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
It's hilarious to witness how bothered Schreier is that someone could conceivably perceive XSX as more powerful.
Similar to this, its amazing how much tom warren's tweets piss off the playstation thread. Dude knows his stuff but when he tweets something that doesnt look great for playstation they jump on calling him biased/pushing an agenda/ in Microsoft's pocker

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
It's crazy seeing so much bs online but it is expected.. downplaying or ignoring won't change anything.. specs are out there for all to see. XSX takes the performance crown a faster SSD won't change GPU and CPU performance.
what makes it more funny it's coming also from those people who also have knowledge of video games industry...

it's embarrassing....

i got it you like Playstation and that's fine but stop downplaying what Xbox Team has done with the XSX it's really beast (and i'm not talking about PS Devs here)

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Y
Similar to this, its amazing how much tom warren's tweets piss off the playstation thread. Dude knows his stuff but when he tweets something that doesnt look great for playstation they jump on calling him biased/pushing an agenda/ in Microsoft's pocker
Haven't seen Tom Warren's tweets, but the reality is if you have an opinion, you have a bias to some degree. Anyway, this period of discussion about specs without anything to show for is so meaningless and boring. Both systems appear to be a huge overall upgrade over last generation with their own strengths in certain areas. Ultimately the only thing that will matter is real time results that people can notice. Xbox seems to already have an advantage with their BC program.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Removing my post because I was simply misinterpreting what Phil and others had said publicly, and was not trying to say anything new which hasn't already been announced. I already posted other messages clarifying this but people were still linking to this one.

Last edited:

Munki

Apr 30, 2019
User Warned - Antagonizing other members
hilarious to witness how bothered Schreier is that someone could conceivably perceive XSX as more powerful.
It's unbelievably unprofessional. He is the prime example of why gaming journalism is seen as such a a joke, a rabid fanboy is sheep's clothing.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Every single game you can run on an Xbox One will also run on Xbox Series X. They will also run better by default. Just like Xbox One --> Xbox One X. Some may get even further enhancements like automatic HDR or resolution bumps, depending on what the compatibility team is able to pull off.

No "boost mode", no variability. Everything just works, and works better. Every back-compat original Xbox and Xbox 360 game, and every single Xbox One game.

All of the controllers you bought for your Xbox One will also work on Xbox Series X, and will get a firmware update to take advantage of dynamic latency input too
giphy.gif

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
Schreier is not acting like a fanboy lol. He is just talking about how badly Sony messed up their messaging.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Couple of developers messaged Schreier and said that the PS5 is the superior console overall technically. I don't understand this stuff lol.

Whatever the case, with this Corona stuff going on and the economy not in the greatest place it makes me think. If the consoles do launch this year, no way either console can go above 499 in price. But also I wonder if one of the consoles or both take big hits and launch at 399 to compensate for people in general not wanting to spend as much due to the crisis. On top of that, does this make something like lockhart an even better proposition than usual? Interesting times ahead.

Can't make this shit up, wow. How? Everything in the XSX, except the SSD is better than PS5. Sure it's not a ridiculous difference but it IS a difference, an advantage. Yet PS5 is superior? Yeah I am done here. I guess logic and common sense goes out of the window as soon as Xbox is on top with something.

Status
Not open for further replies.