• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2018
3 games I would love to play with Enhanced BC is:

Sunset Overdrive ( 4K, 60 FPS, HDR)
FH5 ( 4K, 60 FPS, HDR, RT)
Gears 5 ( 4K, 120FPS, HDR, RT)

What about you guys?

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
It's hyperthreading by a different name. WIth SMT enables you get two threads per core. So eighth cores, two threads each with it off you get 8 cores one thread each.

Basically let's you do more tasks per core at the same time, but requires more optimization that game engines often don't have. Hence the two modes, run the game on whichever performs better for your engine.

It was billed as something as a BC feature but may have relevance to different devs even for new GameStop depending on their engine.

cool

Aug 26, 2018
🤔

This is not a 👀 I am glad I actually don't know what it means. :D

Maybe not relevant to Xbox game studios but I have always been curious why games like Battlefield haven't opted for a yearly cadence like COD. I know I might get some flak saying COD doesn't innovate etc. but it is the best selling game 8 out of the last 10 years.

Can you shed some light on this elenarie ? Is it the dev tools? Organisation Setup? Engine Development?

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
Maybe not relevant to Xbox game studios but I have always been curious why games like Battlefield haven't opted for a yearly cadence like COD. I know I might get some flak saying COD doesn't innovate etc. but it is the best selling game 8 out of the last 10 years.

Can you shed some light on this elenarie ? Is it the dev tools? Organisation Setup? Engine Development?
Doesnt COD have 3 big main developers that cycle production so they can release one game every year? Thats probably the main reason cod is so frequent

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Yep, looking at the specs it seems the SSD is where Sony has the edge. We'll have to see how significant though.
from my limited perspective on speed and what Cerny talked about - we will see load time differences within the seconds since MS's application is already really fast.
the full utilization of the 5.5 G/s probably will be limited to exclusive games. I am guessing world building for 3rd party games will be made in mind with the 2.5g/s and could not essentially scale down or build down loading areas from 5.5 to 2.4. Again, just a guess on how it will be applied.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
giphy.gif

lol

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
The image on Xbox will be somewhat sharper and the framerate somewhat smoother. Compare eg. PC games running side by side on RTX2060 and 2070 and decide for yourself if differences are noticeable and important to you.

Interesting, because even now with One X and Pro comparison videos I have a hard time noticing differences, especially when it comes to small resolution differences. But I'll go see if I can find some comparison videos of those two graphics cards.

Bigfellahull

Prophet of Truth
Mar 6, 2018
Do you think we'll hear anything about price soon or is that something we'll see near release?

MS looking strong but price and the quality of launch titles are going to make a huge difference. If MS can offer the Xbox at a competitive price and launch titles like Halo turn out to be amazing then Xbox has a real chance to make up on loss ground this gen.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Agreed. They nailed everything this far. Price is only thing they can fuck up and i dont believe they do it.

Eh, I'm still worried they might go for over 499, but we'll see. I don't think they will (especially with the way the economy is going to be in the next months), but there's always a chance.

Many thought the Xbox One X would price match the Pro at 399, but it came out at 499.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MS looking strong but price and the quality of launch titles are going to make a huge difference. If MS can offer the Xbox at a competitive price and launch titles like Halo turn out to be amazing then Xbox has a real chance to make up on loss ground this gen.
Game Pass with access to 100's of games that are enhanced by XSX with some having specific XSX upgrade patches at launch will make a major impact.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Eh, I'm still worried they might go for over 499, but we'll see. I don't think they will (especially with the way the economy is going to be in the next months), but there's always a chance.

Many thought the Xbox One X would price match the Pro at 399, but it came out at 499.

499 and they take small loss. 549 is max.

Lockhart 349 and PS5 most likely 449.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
For a second I thought it meant October, then I released it's American Thanksgiving.

November would match the holiday date.

Status
Not open for further replies.