• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Yes and also on Amazon and 3rd party retailers, sorry for the confusion. Never mind, almost all 1st party games are like this. Crazy, I always bought from 3rd party retailers.

Why do you think so many first party titles have not yet come to Steam. Is it resources?
Yes thats why HW2 is not going to Steam or not soon. As active development is stopped for that game. And bringing a game to Steam isnt like a press of a button.
FH4 and SoT are possible if we look only that way.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes thats why HW2 is not going to Steam or not soon. As active development is stopped for that game. And bringing a game to Steam isnt like a press of a button.

I imagine development on the next Horizon game is underway, and perhaps with licensing it's not worth releasing FH4 on Steam. When next gen rolls around, if SoT gets a next gen version or when W10 store sales start to wane, we'll see a Steam release I'd guess.

Aug 26, 2018
yes, very much so. SOT will probably hit Steam at some point. Doubt many older titles after that will.

HW2 makes some sense since the last one didn't do stellar numbers.

I can imagine its all hands-on deck with the new console. Still think outsourcing to THQ Nordic , Sumo Digital etc. would have really helped bring those games to Steam.
We can easily imagine FH4 would sell 5 Million on Steam. SoT would be a big deal on Steam if it was priced at 30$. Easier said than done though :)

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
HW2 makes some sense since the last one didn't do stellar numbers.

I can imagine its all hands-on deck with the new console. Still think outsourcing to THQ Nordic , Sumo Digital etc. would have really helped bring those games to Steam.
We can easily imagine FH4 would sell 5 Million on Steam. SoT would be a big deal on Steam if it was priced at 30$. Easier said than done though :)
All XGS games moving forward will release on Steam. Past games that developers are still working might get Steam releases such as FH4.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
twitter.com

Xbox Support on Twitter

“We understand some users may be experiencing errors with sign in or matching making on Xbox Live, and are currently investigating. Please check back here for details.”

Jfc, I barely play my Xbox but this seems to happen ALOT!

As someone who plays his Xbox most days of the week this is factually incorrect though it has been down twice in the past three days but I suspect that's because they are getting hammered with everyone at home.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

giphy.gif

lol

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
If those rumors are true about Sony acquiring Silent Hill, Castlevania and Metal Gear....damn,that is rather crazy. It would surprise me because I thought actually was going to introduce even more new IP but buying three franchises isn't what I expected. Not gonna lie, I want to see all of these in Xbox too but if this is how it is, so be it.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
I haven't paid any attention to these rumours (beyond seeing the one where Sony were apparently co-developing Silent Hill), but I would think if there was any truth to it, it'd be licensing (for video game use), rather than outright purchasing IP. AFAIK, Konami still make pachinko machines etc based on those properties..?

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
[QUOTE = "Steelyuhas, post: 29912479, membro: 19004"]
Probabilmente ci sono diverse opzioni sul tavolo, molte cose in corso in questo momento.
[/CITAZIONE]

Will hear more info next week, right?
No idea, I would assume every planned announcement is getting a "Is this the right time, maybe we should revaluate in a few weeks?" pass at this point in time.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If those rumors are true about Sony acquiring Silent Hill, Castlevania and Metal Gear....damn,that is rather crazy. It would surprise me because I thought actually was going to introduce even more new IP but buying three franchises isn't what I expected. Not gonna lie, I want to see all of these in Xbox too but if this is how it is, so be it.
I doubt it's true. but if it is then like you said, so be it. I think the rumors of two Silent Hill games Sony are licensing and funding are more likely to be true.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I haven't paid any attention to these rumours (beyond seeing the one where Sony were apparently co-developing Silent Hill), but I would think if there was any truth to it, it'd be licensing (for video game use), rather than outright purchasing IP. AFAIK, Konami still make pachinko machines etc based on those properties..?

That's a good point. Or could it be a deal that Sony buys the IP so they can make games of it while Konami still is able to make Pachinko as well?

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
Man I cant wait for the ios version to get more games lol

Does the iOS build have fewer games, then? I didn't know that!

That's a good point. Or could it be a deal that Sony buys the IP so they can make games of it while Konami still is able to make Pachinko as well?

I guess that'd mean Sony buying the IPs then licensing the non-video game rights back to Konami, which seems needlessly complicated to me. But I admit, I know next to nothing about this stuff!

On another note, I wouldn't be mad if Sony were looking to license and co-develop a new Silent Hill. Obviously I'd rather it be available on everything, but if it's a choice between never getting another Silent Hill, or getting one that's exclusive to Playstation, I'll take the latter deal all day long.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
If Sony is gonna open Pandora's Box of buying IP, then I want to see MS buy or license Fallout. Obsidian and InXile could do wonders with it if on board, and honestly, Bethesda is super busy with Starfield and TES.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Is yours not working either?
yes
The majority of people are sitting at home due to the virus

could be the case

tbh it's ( too good to be true) but maybe it's true

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
If Sony is gonna open Pandora's Box of buying IP, then I want to see MS buy or license Fallout. Obsidian and InXile could do wonders with it if on board, and honestly, Bethesda is super busy with Starfield and TES.

Not a bad idea at all, but didn't BGS or Bethesda Softworks say they wouldn't let anyone else develop a Fallout anymore? I really recall them saying something along those lines.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London

Ooh, imagine Obsidian making another New Vegas while InXile make a proper Fallout 3.

Never gonna happen :'(

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Yikes

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
Supposed image leak of upcoming games lists Titanfall 3 among other surprises. Also sets the date for the release of the Xbox Series X on November, 15th 2020. 👀

Oct 27, 2017
Licensing an IP is one thing, but outright selling them is kind of beyond dumb and I doubt Konami even if they aren't using them are going to sell their IP.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
It wouldn't surprise me if they did, but they are definitely a lot busier now + humbled by 76.

I would be for it, otherwise we won't be seeing a proper SP Fallout for many, many years. First let's see what Starfield is gonna be like. For a brief while I thought seeing it at E3 this year could be possible, until they canned E3. Still can mean they'll reveal it during some online stream but.....doibt that.

If the Sony rumors are true it'll mean they will have added three rather huge franchises to their offerings and you can bet these won't be small scale games. That's what I hope to see from MS in the future too. They have a lot of studios, but it's gonna take time to see some real big projects I'm sure, and these studios will need time to grow. But I look forward to it.

Actually, I hope they are not done yet with adding studios to XGS. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.