• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hilbert

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific Northwest!
I keep telling myself I will go back to State of Decay 2 eventually. I played it around release and just got too stressed out. But they keep added to the game, it probably is way different than it was back then. I am very impressed by the level of support!

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
I keep telling myself I will go back to State of Decay 2 eventually. I played it around release and just got too stressed out. But they keep added to the game, it probably is way different than it was back then. I am very impressed by the level of support!
Same. I found at launch I was just maintaining my base but not making progress and found it to be frustrating. I think I'm going to start a fresh game w/ the new updated version and see how it's changed.

papahefe

Apr 29, 2018
Phantasy Star Online 2, State of Decay 2 Juggernaut Edition, Bleeding Edge, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Yakuza 0, Call of Duty Warzone, Bless Unleashed, and still playing Sea of Thieves. Cyberpunk later this year, Halo Infinite, good lord...

Can video games just take a year off? Maybe we can all grind thru backlogs and play all the games that are already out/coming out super soon? Pleaseee? Noo?.... :/ ooook...

Skedaddle

May 3, 2019
Europe
Is there anyone else who enjoyed Crackdown 3? Because i did.
The E3 demo opens with some scruffy, flannel-clad white male traipsing through a forest in the Pacific Northwest. The texture work on his model is unparalleled and the heaviness of his animations are the thing that makes true gamers raise a glass. The sounds of birds chirping and the flapping of wings fills the air. The player looks up, and you see raytraced sunlight pouring through the canopy of leaves overhead before dreary gray clouds deny the Microsoft Theater of that 12 TF RDNA 2 greatness. A lone guitar note plays. The player moves onward, vaulting over a downed tree, rusty axe in hand, leaves rustling underfoot.

Suddenly, a pair of deer dash by, quickly followed by the sounds of a multitude of birds flying away. The camera slowly follows each in turn. As our protagonist steps out into a clearing, the camera pulls back, slowly revealing a TV screen, a game console, and Bottles the Mole holding a controller. "This looks dreadful," Kazooie remarks, annoyance visible on her 12 TF bird face. "How much did you pay for this new game, bug breath?" she asks, clearly having had enough of this. Before Bottles can answer, Banjo bursts through the door. He's in a panic. "Did you hear that we're getting a new game?" he asks, his day one Game Pass release fur responding to the breeze coming in through the doorway. "We already got a new game," Kazooie mutters, motioning to the TV. The main character on TV is in a QTE prompt, with Bottles furiously mashing the star button to help the protagonist feel emotion. "Ew," Banjo says disapprovingly.

BANJO-KAZOOIE

I liked it but it felt like a worse Agents of Mayhem in a lot of respects.
Microsoft needs to create some first party studios that can concentrate on the likes of Banjo-Kazooie, Blue Dragon, Conker, Crackdown, Crimson Skies, Fable, Halo Wars, Killer Instinct, Lost Odyssey, MechAssault, Perfect Dark, Phantom Dust, Project Gotham Racing, ReCore, Shadowrun and Viva Pinata.

Such important IPs for them and sad if they don't support them :(

tbassett

Jan 8, 2019
Phantasy Star Online 2, State of Decay 2 Juggernaut Edition, Bleeding Edge, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Yakuza 0, Call of Duty Warzone, Bless Unleashed, and still playing Sea of Thieves. Cyberpunk later this year, Halo Infinite, good lord...

Can video games just take a year off? Maybe we can all grind thru backlogs and play all the games that are already out/coming out super soon? Pleaseee? Noo?.... :/ ooook...

Boy this is an accurate statement. I started Yakuza 0 and I had no idea it was this long of a game. Wow. I'm only on chapter seven and have probably 25 hours into it

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020
A random Redditor on r/Forza claims they've heard rumours of an expansion 3 for FH4. I know that listening to randoms on the internet is pointless, but I would so love it to be true. I'll take a London expansion please, Playground. Let me tear through my home city at high speeds.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft needs to create some first party studios that can concentrate on the likes of Banjo-Kazooie, Blue Dragon, Conker, Crackdown, Crimson Skies, Fable, Halo Wars, Killer Instinct, Lost Odyssey, MechAssault, Perfect Dark, Phantom Dust, Project Gotham Racing, ReCore, Shadowrun and Viva Pinata.

Such important IPs for them and sad if they don't support them :(
Fable and Perfect Dark are likely being worked on. Killer Instinct, Phantom Dust, and Shadow Run have potential for games being made in the future. The rest will probably remain dormant with a slight possibility of a Banjo-Kazooie 1 and 2 remake bundle.

Skedaddle

May 3, 2019
Europe
Fable and Perfect Dark are likely being worked on. Killer Instinct, Phantom Dust, and Shadow Run have potential for games being made in the future. The rest will probably remain dormant with a slight possibility of a Banjo-Kazooie 1 and 2 remake bundle.
Maximilian awarding Killer Instinct the fighting game of the decade means they should build on this momentum and support this as a pillar franchise.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Does anyone have the apparent encrypted data? I can't seem to find it in the thread and at this point I figured I'd give it a shot. Maybe all those cyber security classes and certifications I took won't go to waste after all.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maximilian awarding Killer Instinct the fighting game of the decade means they should build on this momentum and support this as a pillar franchise.
I don't know about a pillar franchise, but there's likely to at least be a sequel for next gen. Personally I would like to see a big budget crossover that would make a big spalsh with either Killer Instinct vs Mortal Kombat or Killer Instinct X Darkstalkers.

Skedaddle

May 3, 2019
Europe
I don't know about a pillar franchise, but there's likely to at least be a sequel for next gen. Personally I would like to see a big budget crossover that would make a big spalsh with either Killer Instinct vs Mortal Kombat or Killer Instinct X Darkstalkers.
Iron Galaxy Studios having recently worked on both Darkstalkers Resurrection and Killer Instinct that would be an amazing idea to do a crossover between them both!

Skedaddle

May 3, 2019
Europe
IG already stated that they are not working on KI2 tho. 😔
I am hoping Game Pass changes Microsoft's approach to taking chances on sequels. Maybe if GP was around in the past we might of got sequels to the likes of Alan Wake and Sunset Overdrive. Hopefully they start to support games with potential like Killer Instinct and ReCore with a sequel :)

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I am hoping Game Pass changes Microsoft's approach to taking chances on sequels. Maybe if GP was around in the past we might of got sequels to the likes of Alan Wake and Sunset Overdrive. Hopefully they start to support games with potential like Killer Instinct and ReCore with a sequel :)
Maybe. But the budgets would probably also have been smaller. Which might have not been a bad thing either. Phil told Ted Price that Alan Wake was originally supposed to be episodic until everyone got cold feet about the business model. Game Pass may have allowed episodic to succeed.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Finishing A Plague Tale on Game Pass with one single material missing to get every upgrade and 100% achievements is... Hard. Oh well, it shouldn't matter, I guess. All set for Ori now.

Plague Tale was a great game. Sure would like the sequel to be a tiny bit more open, and finally make good use of the multiple potions. Feels like we barely have time to experiment in the game.

I'm really curious if Microsoft tried to buy the studio or not!

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020
Does anyone have the apparent encrypted data? I can't seem to find it in the thread and at this point I figured I'd give it a shot. Maybe all those cyber security classes and certifications I took won't go to waste after all.

hmqgg posted 656120313564 on Twitter. I believe there was a follow up tweet saying that this was encoded 3 times using different types of ciphers or algorithms, possibly with some clues for what each type was, but I didn't see that tweet myself before they locked their account. Perhaps they'll shed some light here.

It's not always pointless :)

:D

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Cant help buy eyeroll when "They need more cinematic 3rd person games" gets trotted out. To some its the only genre of game and everything else is a non event.

Anyway looking forward Ori tonight (or is it tomorow?)
My daughter ropped me into Roblox (some chicken egg collecting game)so we've been spamming that while we wait for Ori.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
hmqgg posted 656120313564 on Twitter. I believe there was a follow up tweet saying that this was encoded 3 times using different types of ciphers or algorithms, possibly with some clues for what each type was, but I didn't see that tweet myself before they locked their account. Perhaps they'll shed some light here.

It's almost certainly futile, but I'll try a few things. Thank you. If anyone has the other tweets for clues please do post.

Status
Not open for further replies.