• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
It's 2020 and we're still seeing multiplatform games that aren't Japanese that DO skip Xbox. The new Amnesia game. I watched a trailer, looked great and then I only see PS4 and PC.

Sigh

Jan 4, 2018
It's 2020 and we're still seeing multiplatform games that aren't Japanese that DO skip Xbox. The new Amnesia game. I watched a trailer, looked great and then I only see PS4 and PC.

Sigh
Has it been confirmed it's not releasing on Xbox?
When a game has a marketing deal with a platform owner the ads don't mention any other platform than PC and the console they have the agreement with usually

Jun 22, 2018

Sigh
Yeah, it's usually games made by smaller teams that just don't have the resources to do both. At least not right at launch.

So, they choose the platform with the biggest number of potential customers.

Makes sense from a business stand point. Still sucks, though.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Yeah, it's usually games made by smaller teams that just don't have the resources to do both. At least not right at launch.

So, they choose the platform with the biggest number of potential customers.

Makes sense from a business stand point. Still sucks, though.
This will always be a thing with smaller sized devs no matter the strides Xbox makes.

Oh so it's a small team? Yeah that sucks. I believe the other Amnesia games never hit Xbox, did they?

But yeah, it's probably still gonna be a thing even with next gen. :(

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
I just realized i can download ori on my pc and play with my controller... now i never used my pc much for my "console type" games, but now it's all changing until i get my series X.

blessed be thy name of Game Pass Ultimate.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Oh so it's a small team? Yeah that sucks. I believe the other Amnesia games never hit Xbox, did they?

But yeah, it's probably still gonna be a thing even with next gen. :(
They came late, like Soma did and I would bet an Xbox announcement will come not long after this game launches. Frictional has a stronger relationship with Sony and probably stronger sales on Playstation.

Edit: the inverse will also happen. If MDHR goes full multiplat in the future, they will likely prioritize Xbox over Playstation.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
They came late, like Soma did and I would bet an Xbox announcement will come not long after this game launches. Frictional has a stronger relationship with Sony and probably stronger sales on Playstation.

Edit: the inverse will also happen. If MDHR goes full multiplat in the future, they will likely prioritize Xbox over Playstation.

MDHR?

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The same may occur for Moon Studios ARPG.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018

nah

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019

I don't expect a team that goes multiplat to favor the previous platform. They are going multiplat to reach new markets. So they will want to tempt the new market. Look at Remedy.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
I don't expect a team that goes multiplat to favor the previous platform. They are going multiplat to reach new markets. So they will want to tempt the new market. Look at Remedy.

Yeah, this. I kind of think that's why Destiny had a load of PS4-exclusive guff; they needed to build a base on PlayStation and just figured their Xbox base would follow them no matter what.

(Obviously that deal would've been mainly driven by Acti, but I'd be surprised if Bungie had no input on it at all. And even then, it would also have been in Acti's best interests to cultivate a base on PS4, given they were the ones footing the bill)

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone know Phil's email?

"I want to make Scalebound, email Microsoft" Hideki Kamiya

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone know Phil's email?

"I want to make Scalebound, email Microsoft" Hideki Kamiya

oof - if this did happen, i personally think it needs to be restarted from scratch. the current build they showed off scapped tbh. none of that carried over and they do it with a fresh pair of socks one might say. specially built with next-gen in mind. gamepass and all that jazzerific stuff

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

Smaller indie teams don't always have the resources to do every platforms at once, so they have to chose. Generally, if no one has offered them money to chose one over the other and all other things like revenue split and time to certification being the same, they'll chose the one you have more experience with or the one with the better / bigger audience for your game, or some combination of the two. Then if the game does well on the first platform, you can try for the other one.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Hopefully rasist pricks that call English-speaking people insects would not get the funding they ask for.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
oof - if this did happen, i personally think it needs to be restarted from scratch. the current build they showed off scapped tbh. none of that carried over and they do it with a fresh pair of socks one might say. specially built with next-gen in mind. gamepass and all that jazzerific stuff
I agree. I wonder if perhaps the game was just too ambitious for current gen?

I always thought this game looked cool, but I was never crazy for it. But, if it did get restarted, I'd love to see what they could do on next gen platforms.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
mspoweruser.com

Xbox Series S Price leaks at just $300 - MSPoweruser

The Xbox Series S price has leaked at a remarkably low price, somehow lower than the current-generation Xbox One X. But can we trust this leak?

m.mydrivers.com

微软Xbox Series S主机曝光:性能超One X、起步价300美元

除了已经揭晓差不多的Xbox Series X主机,微软被曝还在准备“Xbox Series S”,内部代号“Lockhart”。国外爆料人透露,微软很快将首次介绍“Lockhart”。据

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
twitter.com

神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya on Twitter

“Really fed up with insects which never read my posts/header pic and just keep posting . THAT’S WHY I’m telling u not to post me in languages other than Japanese. If u break rules, that means u r brainless insect and will be blocked immediately. BE CAREFUL. https://t.co/FXlUj9gceN”
Yeah, i never seen that before nor use twitter. Wow... Yeah . i wouldn't want involvement with PG now. Considering their current "excuse" about 101 port for xbox, everything is starting to make a bit of sense to me. So if we dont ask questions in his language we are considered lower to him and labeled as insects. welp.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
So are you guys ready for Gears of War...The Card Game?

Gears of War®: The Card Game offers an inmmersive way to enjoy Gears in a brand new format. In this story-driven campaign style game, the decisions you make in each narrative scenario will have serious consequences on the battlefield in those that follow. Strike at the right moment, making your cards work together, fight together, and stand together – and, if necessary, die together.

Do you know if this is going to be a physical game or a video game? Reading that page, couldn't find the right info.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
twitter.com

神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya on Twitter

“Really fed up with insects which never read my posts/header pic and just keep posting . THAT’S WHY I’m telling u not to post me in languages other than Japanese. If u break rules, that means u r brainless insect and will be blocked immediately. BE CAREFUL. https://t.co/FXlUj9gceN”
Eeeh. That's a stretch.

Personally, I read it as him describing the people who don't follow his rules as insects.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Eeeh. That's a stretch.

Personally, I read it as him describing the people who don't follow his rules as insects.
here are his rules:

Rules:
•Check my log/profile before you tweet http://twilog.org/PG_kamiya
•No repeated questions
•No advice
•No tagging me in your conversation
•No request or asking about games which are not mine/our IP. No Bayo2. No MGR.
•No shit posts MY BLOCK BUTTON IS BIGGER THAN EVER.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's a racist clown for this smh

I don't think that's the point at all. The point is he has rules for interacting with him on twitter, and if you break those rules, he doesn't like you and will block you. IIRC He used to not mind people tweeting in English until it became evident that a lot of the English tweets were degenerate and trolling. Don't think this has anything to do with racism.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
I don't think that's the point at all. The point is he has rules for interacting with him on twitter, and if you break those rules, he doesn't like you and will block you. IIRC He used to not mind people tweeting in English until it became evident that a lot of the English tweets were degenerate and trolling. Don't think this has anything to do with racism.

Perhaps racist is not the correct word. Vile garage of a person maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.