• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

papahefe

Apr 29, 2018
so that's universally understood as the best character in the entire game now, correct? correct, ok cool. just making sure. <3

Jan 4, 2018

Ok yeah, it's awesome hahah

That said, leaving aside that they promote the game as a 4v4 melee mp game yet there's now 3 ranged characters, I can't help but think it won't be really good in-game though.
Here's my reasoning: Being a ranged character means you're supposed to play from a certain distance away from the enemies. BUT your teammates are very likely to be close combat characters.
What that means is that you'll be playing further away from the enemy than the teammates you're supposed to protect, wich seems far from ideal, or you'll have to play sticking close to the enemy and your teammates, and in that case I don't see what's the point of being ranged.
It only seems to be ok if you're tanking for Gizmo and/or ZeroCool as they'll hang out in the back too most of the time too.
Maybe I'm wrong and it has abilities that nullify my arguments, I'm curious to see if that's the case
Edit: Forgot about Kulev and Maeve. That's actually a lot of ranged characters for a brawler I think 😅
Also seems Mekko might be viable based on this

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
I have to say, this is really the first character design that feels interesting to me. It's super original. Sells me on the game way more than anything I've Seen of it.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
InXile is my favourite XGS studio.

They will have transformation masterclass live in front of the industy in Tier 1 studio.

Personally I'm feeling inXile more as true Black Isle successor than Obsidian. If they do Tides or Wasteland Open World AAA game or any new IP it's gonna be game of the generation - for me, personally.

I enjoyed all their games. They all have something magical in them, something that's very hard to replicate. They bring my attention to the loot and systems and to the whole world and charachters at maximum level.

And now, oh God they are attracting very very high class talent.

Fargo for me is equal to Miyamoto, a true industry legend with insane charisma. If I was gaming developer I would feel best to work with such legend, among others in the team !

I'm of the same opinion, really do think InXile will become one of the best RPG teams in the next generation.

tenor.gif

Oh welcome back !

DOUBT.
4TF is not enough for 1440p and next gen graphics, its 1080p and next gen graphics or nothing. Targeting 1440p with such a weak GPU would be a HUGE mistake.
Thats just my opinion after playing in the middle ground of PC Gaming for almost 10 years.

You do know scaling / dynamic resolution is a widely used implementation for resolution right? Devs can target whatever they feel is correct for their pipeline.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DOUBT.
4TF is not enough for 1440p and next gen graphics, its 1080p and next gen graphics or nothing. Targeting 1440p with such a weak GPU would be a HUGE mistake.
Thats just my opinion after playing in the middle ground of PC Gaming for almost 10 years.

I was skeptical, but the DF video about this very topic made it seem entirely within the realm of possibility.

Jan 4, 2018
Are we all going to ignore the cheeky echo the dolphin reference or am I old? (Mekko = echo)
Mech+Ecco
It would be perfect if the biography says something like "20 years ago helped protect fellow sea dwellers from an alien species and that's when it managed to get the mech tanker"

It's really cool. I saw it but hesitated to post since it's not gaming related but they deserve props for it.
Every once in a while they come up with things like that. Like when Amazon and Google were opposed to a law proposal asking them to help fund affordable housing in the Seattle area (there's so many big tech companies that prices have soared, making it almost impossible for a teacher or other professionals not as well paid to buy a house) and MS decided on its own to pledge 500millions to it.

Skedaddle

May 3, 2019
Europe
Already 3 Xbox Game Studio releases this year! Wasteland Remastered, Halo HCEA PC, Microsoft Sudoku on mobile.
Now next week we have Ori and State of Decay 2 remastered.

In next few months we have Forza Street mobile, Grounded early access, Bleeding Edge, Gears Tactics, Minecraft Dungeons, and probably Halo 2 PC all before the summer
So, release date predictions for XGS titles coming this year?

Confirmed release dates aside (for Ori, Bleeding Edge, Wasteland 3) I'd guess:

June:
  • Tell Me Why (start rolling out episodes weekly/fortnightly)
July:
  • Psychonauts 2
August:
  • Battletoads
  • MS Flight Sim
September:
  • AOE3 DE (release date announce at Gamescom)
  • Crossfire X
October: (I'm predicting XSX launching late October)
  • Halo Infinite
  • Forza Motorsport 8
What about you guys?
Are the likes of Age of Empires IV, Everwild, Project: Mara and Senua's Saga: Hellblade II most likely 2021?

Even though these two will be Global Publishing hopefully we will see The Falconeer and Tunic in 2020.

Worth mentioning Space Engineers comes out on April 15th which is currently console exclusive to Xbox. KartRider: Drift also currently console exclusive to Xbox and think it is maybe Spring or Summer (?)

Oct 25, 2017
Are the likes of Age of Empires IV, Everwild, Project: Mara and Senua's Saga: Hellblade II most likely 2021?

Even though these two will be Global Publishing hopefully we will see The Falconeer and Tunic in 2020.

Worth mentioning Space Engineers comes out on April 15th which is currently console exclusive to Xbox. KartRider: Drift also currently console exclusive to Xbox and think it is maybe Spring or Summer (?)

Tunic and The Falconeer are not Global Publishing. Tunic is being published by Finji. Falconeer has some help from XGX but it's not published by them, afaik.

Also, yes, AOEIV, Everwild, Mara and Hellblade 2 are probably 2021+ projects. I think that Flight Simulator will also end up releasing in 2021 tbh.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017

I would think so yes, they seem like games that are further out than the others and likely why MS revealed them so early to show subscribers what's coming (which I think was a smart move).

The real surprises will be at E3 for sure.

Putfire

May 12, 2018
This lack of news about battetoads makes me wonder if the game can't be going through something similar to the Sonic movie that changed the look by not pleasing fans. The look didn't please, a move to something more classic like Streets of Rage 4 would be interesting.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
This lack of news about battetoads makes me wonder if the game can't be going through something similar to the Sonic movie that changed the look by not pleasing fans. The look didn't please, a move to something more classic like Streets of Rage 4 would be interesting.
Hopefully not, the art style is awesome.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
I doubt it since there are some people that actually liked the design. This makes me sad though as I was really looking forward to getting my hands on battletoads sometime soon. =(

Skedaddle

May 3, 2019
Europe
Tunic and The Falconeer are not Global Publishing. Tunic is being published by Finji. Falconeer has some help from XGX but it's not published by them, afaik.

Also, yes, AOEIV, Everwild, Mara and Hellblade 2 are probably 2021+ projects. I think that Flight Simulator will also end up releasing in 2021 tbh.
My mistake in regards to The Falconeer and Tunic. With them being talked about as console exclusive I just assumed they were being published by Microsoft.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Yeah I'm guessing they went back to the drawing board tbh. Really wasn't getting much positive feedback at all.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017

Flight Sim is pretty much a lock for 2020. Its been in testing with real players since 2019.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Having tried it a couple of times, my main issue with it was that it was too easy to lose track of your character on screen, when many sprites got stacked in very crowded situations. And the bike sections were pretty much unplayable, overly difficult. They definitely need to improve in these areas.

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
It's really cool. I saw it but hesitated to post since it's not gaming related but they deserve props for it.
Every once in a while they come up with things like that. Like when Amazon and Google were opposed to a law proposal asking them to help fund affordable housing in the Seattle area (there's so many big tech companies that prices have soared, making it almost impossible for a teacher or other professionals not as well paid to buy a house) and MS decided on its own to pledge 500millions to it.

Nice, never heard about this Seattle thing.

I was hesitant to post it too, but I saw some folks from Xbox/Gaming team saying they're working from home for a while, so I guess it's the whole company and it's subdivisions.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Just got hit with a 60gb stunner of an update to MCC. Is this real or am I having some external hdd issue?

Edit: I was playing online just last night as well so I had all updates up till last night

Jan 4, 2018
Nice, never heard about this Seattle thing.

I was hesitant to post it too, but I saw some folks from Xbox/Gaming team saying they're working from home for a while, so I guess it's the whole company and it's subdivisions.
That's the original story
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...ffordable-housing-in-seattle-and-on-eastside/

While searching it I found an update:
https://blogs.microsoft.com/on-the-issues/2020/01/15/one-year-later-affordable-housing/
They have pledged an additional 250 millions

Status
Not open for further replies.