• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Man those Halo Wars 3 concept art showing space battles is crazy, I really want it to happen too, but I don't know if the Global Publishing team has enough support for it, since there are way more internal studios now.

HW3_Space_Concept_4.jpg

HW2C-Space.jpg

i mean, they are also giving more support to global publishing in this renewed first party

i don't think halo wars 3 will happen, though

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I think these games will eventually get ported to Xbox along with Octopath Traveler.

It's absolutely possible Phil was talking about this earlier this year when he tweeted out that he had seen/played announced and unannounced Japanese games. I'm guessing they are keeping that for E3.

Honestly I just don't care about lockhart, it's time to show the games they've been working on, come on, let me fucking see Halo Infinite and Fable

Same here. There is no reason for me to get excited about a inferior system when they are bringing such a powerhouse. I understand why they are going to introduce it, but as someone who wants the best possible Xbox....meh.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
It's absolutely possible Phil was talking about this earlier this year when he tweeted out that he had seen/played announced and unannounced Japanese games. I'm guessing they are keeping that for E3.

Same here. There is no reason for me to get excited about a inferior system when they are bringing such a powerhouse. I understand why they are going to introduce it, but as someone who wants the best possible Xbox....meh.

You are reacting to something that hasn't even been announced yet nor have all of the facts for yet. Don't let the naysayers or debby downers push any negativity on something you enjoy Pidgey. We got your back and i think you should be glad there is more spotlight in getting gamers in the Xbox ecosystem. More success is a WIN for us.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I don't see how making a sequel to a video game unfires employees from 10 years ago
If I remember correctly, no one was fired. They even supported the new studio in its creation.

Though Microsoft will close the studio, Ensemble has plans to soldier on. As part of today's statement, Microsoft said that Ensemble's "leadership team" will form a new, independent development house and has already entered into an agreement with the publisher to continue supporting Halo Wars post-launch, "as well as work on other projects with Microsoft Game Studios."

Commenting on the reason for the closure, Microsoft said, "This was a fiscally rooted decision that keeps MGS on its growth path. While the decision to dissolve Ensemble was not an easy one, Microsoft is working to place as many Ensemble employees who do not move to the newly formed studio into open positions within Microsoft as possible."

www.gamespot.com

Confirmed: Microsoft closing Ensemble

Publisher affirms rumors that it will dissolve Halo Wars dev upon game's completion; leadership team to form new studio that will "work on other projects with Microsoft Game Studios."

If you would know me, it's important for me to show a very dev friendly stance, so whatever you implied there wasn't meant like you interpreted it.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
If I remember correctly, no one was fired.

www.gamespot.com

Confirmed: Microsoft closing Ensemble

Publisher affirms rumors that it will dissolve Halo Wars dev upon game's completion; leadership team to form new studio that will "work on other projects with Microsoft Game Studios."

Yea, and then they made Robot Entertainment, who made age of empires online and Orcs must die.
But Robot Entertainment was an independent studio right?

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
You are reacting to something that hasn't even been announced yet nor have all of the facts for yet. Don't let the naysayers or debby downers push any negativity on something you enjoy Pidgey. We got your back and i think you should be glad there is more spotlight in getting gamers in the Xbox ecosystem. More success is a WIN for us.

Oh don't get me wrong, it's absolutely a great thing for the people that don't want to shell out 500 bucks for a console and I bet it will prove to be a success for MS, if they price it right, but I think they will.

I just that I want more on XSX, still wondering what was meant with those Lion King gifs here. Guess I'll have to be patient. :)

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Oh don't get me wrong, it's absolutely a great thing for the people that don't want to shell out 500 bucks for a console and I bet it will prove to be a success for MS, if they price it right, but I think they will.

I just that I want more on XSX, still wondering what was meant with those Lion King gifs here. Guess I'll have to be patient. :)

When you say what i bolded, what do you exactly mean?

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if there will ever be an e3 presentation/showcase in my life that actually lives up to the hype
People hyping fable, halo, new IP's... perfect dark... this and that
just sets me up to be disappointed

and least for the first time in a decade there is no hope of a new banjo kazooie game being talked about so I don't have to be sad there

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Saw the new trailer of Trials of Mama and I'm like, fuck SE, why do you insist on just not bothering with Xbox at all when it comes to your JRPGs? More and more Japanese games are heading towards Xbox, we recently got Yakuza 0.

Do they not realize that plenty of Xbox owners also grew up with SNES and are familiar with the Mana games? Hope to see a day that all these games including Dragon Quest just release in Xbox as well.

SE is really strange when it comes to platform choices. The 'draw a rabbit from the hat' analogy has been used quite often and I find it pretty fitting for them. Even their Minecraft inspired Dragon Quest Builders hasn't hit Xbox...

DidactBRHU3

Oct 17, 2019
Fortaleza - Ceará

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if there will ever be an e3 presentation/showcase in my life that actually lives up to the hype

and least for the first time in a decade there is no hope of a new banjo kazooie game being talked about so I don't have to be sad there
Simply lower your expectations or try not to have any at all so you may be pleasantly surprised and not set yourself up for disappointment.

It's worked for me for years.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise

2018 exceeded my hype, personally.

I think this years, along with Gamescom, X020 and XSX preview events/press will be filled to the brim with good stuff.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
i hope this time when they annouce games it has a Realistic graphics don't want those cartonish look

it's just not my and many people type of games

Aug 26, 2018

This gen, it was MS's E3 2018(Halo, Gears, DMC5, Cyberpunk2077, 5 Studios) & Sony's E3 2015( The Last Guardian, FFVII Remake, Shenmue 3, UC4) were the most memorable for me.

This is definitely the year where a "HUNGRY", "AGGRESSIVE" Microsoft will be at Full force( Infinite, Fable, Perfect Dark, Lockhart & some other surprise) will blow minds I'm hoping.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
He is being sarcastic guys. Or i least hope so. Because of that thread was made after Everwild was announced and Grounded lol.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
i will never, ever understand this kind of stuff

edit: confused the game in your avatar, but i find it a weird stance nonetheless
you don't have it's my Opinion

what about my avatar?

I understand this feel, but it is far more important to have a diverse portfolio, which it is exactly what they are doing.
yeah i know but not most of your games see X019

Not every game is made for you, simply disregard them if you don't like how they look. It's what I do with online multiplayer games.
yeah that's why i only played QB ,FH4 and Gears 4&5 and OWs

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Saw the new trailer of Trials of Mama and I'm like, fuck SE, why do you insist on just not bothering with Xbox at all when it comes to your JRPGs? More and more Japanese games are heading towards Xbox, we recently got Yakuza 0.

Do they not realize that plenty of Xbox owners also grew up with SNES and are familiar with the Mana games? Hope to see a day that all these games including Dragon Quest just release in Xbox as well.

Seems like Microsoft is actually making a lot of progress, especially with Square. I think we'll see most of Squares franchises make it to Xbox over the next two years. Maybe a few holdovers that were paid for by platform holders or whatever, but especially with Square this won't last forever. They've got too much international appeal and too big of a name to not branch out.

I consider studios like Falcom and Level-5, and the rapidly growing independent Platinum bigger fish. If one of them started showing a meaningful level of support for Xbox I'd be really excited.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
I don't like how Minecraft Dungeons looks but not liking cartoony graphics as a whole seems limiting. I am interested in Everwild and a lot of the X019 announcements, it would be a bummer to write them off.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Hmmm, was still kinda hoping for something at the AMD show, but also specs wise we don't have the details yet on the CPU, RAM and SSD. But that could be a thing they'll just randomly drop or maybe at E3.
ooh, i thought you were going to refer as in the xsx is held back by lockhart and the reason for why you want more from sxs because of the comments here on era. I just want to bring the light forth and show you the optimism that next-gen holds for us! :)

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
They are spreading the announcements, see Hellblade 2, the more realistic looking games will be shown to sell the Series X on it's own event. Even at X019 they had Wasteland 3, Flight Simulator and later Gears Tactics and Hellblade 2 at the TGA, not "cartoony"games at all.
Hellblade 2 isn't new ip and they set the bar high with first game (graphics) especially with a little budget (AA) so they will set the bar high again they can't make with BE
I actually like the artstyle to Sea of Thieves. If only there was an epic, story driven, cinematic, single player campaign to play.
i know you skip it coz it's mp pvp game

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I just played Kingdom Hearts on my phone over console streaming in my house, and I noticed that my Xbox didn't wake from sleep, not a huge deal, but a nice touch.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
A bit unrelated, but for all the flack Crackdown 3 gets, it runs like a charm on Xcloud. On my school's 20mbps at best, sub 10 at worst wifi, it runs with limited hiccups. Same can't be said for most any other title. At home on my 200mbps, Xcloud runs great for all games, but kudos to MS and Sudo for making Crackdown not just playable but thoroughly enjoyable on lower speed networks.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Man those Halo Wars 3 concept art showing space battles is crazy, I really want it to happen too, but I don't know if the Global Publishing team has enough support for it, since there are way more internal studios now.

HW3_Space_Concept_4.jpg

HW2C-Space.jpg

I wish I had never seen this, now I need it.

I'm ready for XSS some crazy design like the XSX. A cube.

Yeah I thought a cube would be cool too back when they showed XSX, but now I'm expecting a slab. Something more "normal" for the mass market.

The expectation is that the Series S will be spec'd to run the same games at a lower resolution, so assuming they accomplish that there wouldn't be much to show.

Personally, I'm still not convinced of a couple of things.

1) I'm not convinced Lockhart/Series S comes out before holiday 2021. They will want to focus manufacturing on cranking out as many Series X's as possible, not splitting those precious resources between two models - one of which is essentially a budget option. Plus, it runs the risk of muddying their focused next-gen messaging by immediately having two models with nothing but a letter to distinguish them.

Lockhart was also believed to have been mothballed by Microsoft until roughly fall last year, and I'm not sure how you'd have a console in mothballs ~16-18 months before it's supposed to come out.

2) I'm still not convinced Lockhart is what we think it is. This 4 TFLOPS rumour seems to have taken root, but strikes me as skirting very close to the line in terms of the power required to reliably translate Series X games to something like 1080p or 1440p. There was a more recent leak suggesting it could be closer to 7 TFLOPS, which I think is more realistic.

No, if they only show games on XSX and then also say "by the way we have Series S coming," people won't be convinced that Series S can actually run next gen games well. My point is that when they reveal Lockhart, they will also show games running on Lockhart to dispel the concerns. I'm expecting something like a big game reveal (Halo, Fable, whatever) and then "oh, by the way - that was running on Lockhart. Here's the XSX version..."

1. No way Lockhart launches up to a year later. Maybe a few weeks or even a couple months at most. Remember that the "insiders" were all wrong - it was never mothballed. And why does producing Series S units prevent them from producing Series X units? There's no connection there.

2. No idea what the final specs are but I wouldn't bet on 7. The rumors of 12 for XSX were exactly right. Why do we think 4 for Lockhart from the same source is wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.