• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Well, i definitely wanted to see a singleplayer Fable by Lionhead without Molyneux but sadly they had to make Legends.
Fable-The-Journey

You can thank me later.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Well, that's enough for me to engage with them once again, although it's far from last month (wich I have to admit I though it was pretty bonkers as I earned almost 3000 points with them)

You forgot Wasteland 3 wich also releases before the summer.

I also keep thinking they should add Solitaire, Sudoku, Minesweeper... to the Game Pass or xcloud app (it's still not here so I'm not sure if they are 2 separate apps).
That would give them lots of MAU and they can use it so you can play something when there's no internet connection (and thus no xcloud) or you could play while xcloud is loading/connecting
That's not really Xbox Game Studios publishes so didn't include it. I get if you want to include it since a MS studio developed it, but it's being published by another company

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So just in theory. An next-generation $299 - $349 Xbox might give you:
  • Hardware DirectX Raytracing
  • 4 TF RDNA2 GPU
  • Zen 2 / 8 cores, 16 threads CPU
  • Custom SSD
  • 8 - 12 GB GDDR6 RAM
  • BC with 3 generations
  • A few weeks/months of Game Pass
Explain to me how this will not sell like hotcakes, especially if cleverly marketed as a "Next-gen Game Pass value" device.

Last edited:

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
  • 4 TF RDNA2 GPU
  • Custom SSD
  • 12 - 16 GB GDDR6 RAM
  • BC with 3 generations
Explain to me how this will not sell like hotcakes, especially if cleverly marketed as a "Next-gen Game Pass value" device.
I can't see a 4TF GPU getting away with raytracing though.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
  • 4 TF RDNA2 GPU
  • Custom SSD
  • 12 - 16 GB GDDR6 RAM
  • BC with 3 generations
As an entry to the xbox ecosystem for casual consumers and hardcore gamers (as a second console) that would be an absolute win win.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
  • 4 TF RDNA2 GPU
  • Custom SSD
  • 12 - 16 GB GDDR6 RAM
  • BC with 3 generations
Because It will hold back next gen!!
Horizon ZD2 on PS5 will look better than Fable on Xbox Series X, even if PS5 is 4 TF weaker, all thanks to filthy Lockhart, a guy in the next gen thread told me.

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
This is all very interesting.

• 4 TF RDNA2 GPU
  • Custom SSD
  • 12 - 16 GB GDDR6 RAM
  • BC with 3 generations

I can't explain how it won't, because I think it will for sure. Exciting times.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's not really Xbox Game Studios publishes so didn't include it. I get if you want to include it since a MS studio developed it, but it's being published by another company

I somehow completely missed that Wasteland 3 was being published by Deep Silver. For some reason I thought it was either Microsoft publishing or self-published.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
  • 4 TF RDNA2 GPU
  • Custom SSD
  • 12 - 16 GB GDDR6 RAM
  • BC with 3 generations
You rang?

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Because It will hold back next gen!!
Horizon ZD2 on PS5 will look better than Fable on Xbox Series X, even if PS5 is 4 TF weaker, all thanks to filthy Lockhart, a guy in the next gen thread told me.

Haha. Tell him that's not how technology works.

Almost everything MS has been designing over the last few years, from hardware to services, has absolutely nailed it. It's been almost a decade since their last bum note.

They know what they're doing.

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • 4 TF RDNA2 GPU
  • Custom SSD
  • 12 - 16 GB GDDR6 RAM
  • BC with 3 generations

Probably will sell a lot on the casuals and those who choose to have it as a secondary console. It may receive biased scrutiny cuz "reasons", but other than that, it can be very successful.

Just that it will do nothing for me, and I hope it doesn't influence on the pricing of SX. If they overprice the SX just because they're offering a cheaper and weaker alternative, well...

Aug 23, 2018
  • 4 TF RDNA2 GPU
  • Custom SSD
  • 12 - 16 GB GDDR6 RAM
  • BC with 3 generations

I can't think of anything bad to say about the 2 SKU strategy MS is likely going with because I think it's great. Ever since it was first leaked (maybe by you?) in late 2018, early 2019 I thought it was brilliant and the only way they'd be able to compete with the PS5 head on if they wanted to keep the power crown.

I honestly am more interested and excited by the Lockhart reveal than anything even though I'm likely to buy the series X (unless it's more than $500....which it won't be). I'm fascinated to see how MS engineers are able to offer up a true next gen experience on a "budget" console.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
  • 4 TF RDNA2 GPU
  • Custom SSD
  • 12 - 16 GB GDDR6 RAM
  • BC with 3 generations
and i believe more bullet points will be added once more is revealed for the consoles. Insiders have already hinted that there is MORE to come. The bullet points are what we can confirm or have a good idea with high probability. ;) in short, i am REALLY Excited!! Get the X for me and the (Lockhart Series S) for my kids.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Sorry, Psychonauts has been delayed a year. Double Fine's Hummingbird Cam is taking up all of their development resources atm. They know a winner when they see one.

Phil and Booty giving the devs too much freedom, confirmed.

AOE3DE is another game flying under the radar. I hope they give it the same pristine treatment they gave AOE2.

On AOE2, it's currently having its biggest tournament in twenty years! 50k prize pool with a who's who of AOE2 legends. Top 8 seeds were picked by the pros themselves, and then another 32 top players have been duking it out in qualifying rounds to get seeds 9-16.

The amount of skill required to play this game at a high level is insane. Some of these guys, like DauT have been playing seriously since the original game released. The gulf between someone like that and a scrub like me is laughable.

DidactBRHU3

Oct 17, 2019
Fortaleza - Ceará
Phil and Booty giving the devs too much freedom, confirmed.

AOE3DE is another game flying under the radar. I hope they give it the same pristine treatment they gave AOE2.

On AOE2, it's currently having its biggest tournament in twenty years! 50k prize pool with a who's who of AOE2 legends. Top 8 seeds were picked by the pros themselves, and then another 32 top players have been duking it out in qualifying rounds to get seeds 9-16.

The amount of skill required to play this game at a high level is insane. Some of these guys, like DauT have been playing seriously since the original game released. The gulf between someone like that and a scrub like me is laughable.
Man I am really happy that AOE is thriving, AOE4 and everything. I just hope for Age of Mythology: DE and then MS is redeemed for closing Ensemble.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Saw the new trailer of Trials of Mama and I'm like, fuck SE, why do you insist on just not bothering with Xbox at all when it comes to your JRPGs? More and more Japanese games are heading towards Xbox, we recently got Yakuza 0.

Do they not realize that plenty of Xbox owners also grew up with SNES and are familiar with the Mana games? Hope to see a day that all these games including Dragon Quest just release in Xbox as well.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Saw the new trailer of Trials of Mama and I'm like, fuck SE, why do you insist on just not bothering with Xbox at all when it comes to your JRPGs? More and more Japanese games are heading towards Xbox, we recently got Yakuza 0.

Do they not realize that plenty of Xbox owners also grew up with SNES and are familiar with the Mana games? Hope to see a day that all these games including Dragon Quest just release in Xbox as well.
I think these games will eventually get ported to Xbox along with Octopath Traveler.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Kind of non-1st party talk buuut i hope they open up more with POE on console. or even kb/m support and enhancements with series X. Especially when POE2 comes out.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly I just don't care about lockhart, it's time to show the games they've been working on, come on, let me fucking see Halo Infinite and Fable

Status
Not open for further replies.