• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DidactBRHU3

Oct 17, 2019
Fortaleza - Ceará
Yeah, it sounds like Xbox Series S is getting revealed next.
giphy.gif

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
It sounds like some info on SOMETHING was given like... today. Because we have four separate people in the games industry teasing something fun within an hour of one another.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
it would be weird if they announced it outside of an event

so imma just guess it'll happen on a random monday (break of dawn) or friday (after market close) if it's done outside of an event... but I guess MS really really really wants their conferences to be just games
Oh yeah true. I am still waiting on a console focused event. Who know when that will be at this point :(

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck what they are teasing, I know for a fact that Ori is coming next Wednesday. GAME OF THE GENERATION.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
anmerkung2020-02-1021sxj7q.png

LIONHEAD STUDIOS LIMITED filing history - Find and update company information - GOV.UK

LIONHEAD STUDIOS LIMITED - Free company information from Companies House including registered office address, filing history, accounts, annual return, officers, charges, business activity

giphy.gif

Just playing around ;)

Obviously Playgrounds second studio is announcing their Fable game, along with the announcement of their new name, Lionhead.

Im joking and i also hope this doesn't happen

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
He said he was excited for his kids to play it... I don't think id be excited for my kids to play fable it famously has a lot of prostitutes and stds

Nvm i read these posts wrong lol. Regardless I cant wait to see next gen fable I imagine it will look and play amazing

Last edited:

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
What is the significance of tomorrow?

we have rumors that AMD might be using Forza Motorsport (raytracing)/Forza Horizon (120 FPS @ 4K) as demonstrations on their investor day call, which was mentioned in their earnings to be when they'll share more information about their upcoming RDNA2 lineup. At the time I just assumed this was about maybe giving a timeline on when they'd announce stuff outright but jury is out

tom warren made a tweet that said 20-5-3=12 or something before deleting

and that's about it

we don't really know if anything will actually be presented or not... or if there's something else MS is announcing tomorrow

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I love how hype everyone gets haha.
I'm just really excited for Ori and the gaming scene in general. Just downloaded Unity again to play around and make some games, I love this industry.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
LOVE the hype in here! I'm thirsty for a big juicy press conference! I hope MS has something planned before E3. So tough to predict though.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hmm the Xbox Series S is about the least exciting news possible to me. I'm not going to buy the weaker system. Booo, show more Series X stuff!

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
we have rumors that AMD might be using Forza Motorsport (raytracing)/Forza Horizon (120 FPS @ 4K) as demonstrations on their investor day call, which was mentioned in their earnings to be when they'll share more information about their upcoming RDNA2 lineup. At the time I just assumed this was about maybe giving a timeline on when they'd announce stuff outright but jury is out

tom warren made a tweet that said 20-5-3=12 or something before deleting

and that's about it

we don't really know if anything will actually be presented or not... or if there's something else MS is announcing tomorrow

More about Tom Warren's tweet. The words were "On my first fleet. 20-5-3 = 12."
"Fleet" is what Twitter is testing with tweets that disappear in 24 hours. https://www.theverge.com/platform/a...il-fleets-ephemeral?__twitter_impression=true

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Don't lock yourselves into thinking one way. I mean Lionhead Studios? Oh dear lol.

Anyway, I don't have the heart to tease further.
Lock heart. That definitely seems Lockhart related. It does seem weird for Microsoft to reveal Lockhart so early if they don't talk about its supposed best feature--low price--so that makes me think Lockhart is more than just a cheap Xbox. That rekindles my hope that Lockhart might be a switch-like device with a handheld function, which would be its selling point.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Maybe they just heard about invites sent for a Series X reveal set for early april.

And in the invite it says to get ready for unannounced games, and the first live Halo gameplay. Ugh, I wish.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
Lock heart. That definitely seems Lockhart related. It does seem weird for Microsoft to reveal Lockhart so early if they don't talk about its supposed best feature--low price--so that makes me think Lockhart is more than just a cheap Xbox. That rekindles my hope that Lockhart might be a switch-like device with a handheld function, which would be its selling point.

even though it's what i'm hoping for, you shouldn't get your hopes up too much for it

would be really cool but still expecting just a 4TF+ device to do 1080p... but it would be awesome if they had a best of many worlds type of device family. MS is the one of the very few console manufacturers to never make a handheld.

But holy hell would they have such a strong incentive. Imagine all the current Xbox/360/One games moving forward to a handheld? While playing all modern MS/3rd party games?! It would be an amazing system... especially with how MS handles games through XBL. Unlike switch, they wouldn't have 3rd party issues as porting over would be stupidly easy.

And if you own an XSX or have good internet while away you could play games over Xcloud or local cloud (for better IQ / raytracing)

I really hope it is :( because it would shake the industry up as unlike pretty all handhelds under the sun... no game would be left behind. there'd be no poor software support. there'd be things like netflix, twitch, amazon, spotify and a web browser available right away.

Man

I sure hope it is.

Jan 4, 2018
I'd bet that the new Forza won't be named Forza 8.

Forza Infinite?
If they plan on going the GaaS route I'd simply call it Forza Motorsport (the "original" Forza Motorsport has been delisted for a long time, so no risk of someone mistaking it)
Keep saying Xbox community is sleeping on InXile. Some of their recent hires, including the former WOW lead, indicate the studio isn't making a little niche game. Fargo has some of the best connections in the industry and pulled in amazing talent while running Interplay. Now he's in one of the most talent rich territories in the world with Microsoft bags to help him him recruit.

Wastelands 3 looks phenomenal considering it started its life on Kick Starter. They won't have to Kick Start the next game.
Wasn't the story something like he "discovered" first Blizzard and then Bioware?
Hmmm, interesting. Can be something, can be nothing.

Maybe Playground second team is becoming "Lionhead Studios".
That's what I thought too, but Idk what sense would it make or see any reason they would want to do it.
Unless they REALLY want to go back to 360 days
If they really want to troll Sony nothing is preventing them from saying how much Series S will cost but not Series X for now hahah

SublimeAnarky

Oct 27, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
Wasn't there a point some time ago, when thomasmahler spoke about how the next Ori would be industry changing or something to that effect? And a lot of us speculated on a switch launch?

With Ori out next week - could this be related? Gamepass on Switch via xcloud?

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
If they plan on going the GaaS route I'd simply call it Forza Motorsport (the "original" Forza Motorsport has been delisted for a long time, so no risk of someone mistaking it)

Forza Motorsport Forever. FMF.

If they really want to troll Sony nothing is preventing them from saying how much Series S will cost but not Series X for now hahah

That would be some top-shelf mind games.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Wasn't there a point some time ago, when thomasmahler spoke about how the next Ori would be industry changing or something to that effect? And a lot of us speculated on a switch launch?

With Ori out next week - could this be related? Gamepass on Switch via xcloud?

If Game Pass were coming to Switch imminently, I don't think he would really be in a position to know. He was probably just excitedly talking up the game.

That said, I do think xCloud comes to Switch at some point. It would add a lot of longevity to the Switch hardware for Nintendo, and it would open up a large new customer-base for Microsoft. Cement the deal by having Rare partner with Nintendo on a new Banjo-Kazooie that comes to Switch and Xbox.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
I really hope it is :( because it would shake the industry up as unlike pretty all handhelds under the sun... no game would be left behind. there'd be no poor software support. there'd be things like netflix, twitch, amazon, spotify and a web browser available right away.

Man

I sure hope it is.

Yeah that would be revolutionary if they managed to create a 4TF handheld that can play all third party and Xbox games. Man, we're just setting ourselves up for disappointment hoping for it... I'm trying so hard not to hope for it.

I don't know, that would still diminish Lockhart's relative attractiveness if they can't say "Xbox SX is $599/$499 but you can buy XSS just got $399/299." Everything is comparative, and XSX's price can be pretty easily determined from Lockhart's if it's announced (I think there's little point of Lockhart if it isn't $150-200 cheaper than the XSX--unless it's a handheld too).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.