• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, i was just thinking about ForzaTech with Raytracing and now i can't fucking wait for Forza Motorsport 8.
Imagine Forza Vista like that:

giphy.gif

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Honestly a PGR-type game would be great and help give the Forza's some break (although I suspect we will get a XSX patch for FH4).

Cars always sell new systems and doubly so if there is locations in there people can relate to.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I think Microsoft should do just one Forza Motorsport next gen and use it as a live service game with frequent expansions and improvements. It doesn't feel satisfying to restart from scratch and do basically the same thing over and over with each new entry in my opinion. Forza Horizon works being bi-annual or whatever since it's a fresh new setting every time.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Am I the only one who really likes Halo Wars? Grew up on StarCraft and thought console RTS would be terrible, but it really works once you get used to it. Obviously doesn't have the crazy micro potential but completely captures the "attention as a resource" tension of the genre.

Anyway I'm maybe 1/3 into Halo Wars 2 after finishing HW1 last year and now I'm gonna be sad if we never get another one. Though actually it's not really about Halo... Maybe World's Edge could do console-specific Age game? Or I'd be up for Gears in that format.

Also love the new dashboard, reordering the rows is a lifesaver. Finally no need to see Mixer when I just want to get to the store!

Ffog

Feb 5, 2018
Hey.

I´m mostly a Nintendo gamer but I´m just passing by to say that I really hope Microsoft has some great new exclusive games ready (or in development) for the next system. They deserve to be succesful and have many many players. Phil´s efforts are many and the desire of making a great videogame system is clear. Xbox Series X is looking like an amazing system from a technical point of view (I think Microsoft is really good at it), so we hope games follow. Competition is always good for us all.

Cheers fellow players!
Hello friendly reasonable fellow game enthusiast! It's great to see people who are fans of other consoles appreciating the progress Xbox is making! I have been looking at jumping onto the Switch wagon recently. Just struggling to justify money and time of owning more video game consoles when I already struggle for time with what I have and with XSX pretty imminent

Jan 25, 2020
The original PGR's had multiple cities to play in across Asia, Europe, and North America. They should double-down on city street racing for a potential 5th. Differentiate it from open world Horizon games and simulation Motorsport games.

Doesn't need to be Forza in name to be successful (looking at you Forza Street), just a quality racer.

Real question would be who could develop it? I'd say Sumo could potentially (assisted with multiple Forza games) or get a team from Codemasters to work on it.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018

Saci do PXB

Nov 12, 2017
If this game isn't the poster child of next gen next to halo / fable / everwild I will be very angry with Xbox marketing 😡

I think they're being cautious, because it's a PC title first, and there isn't a estimated date to launch a console port. If you talk to much about it, it put pressure on the team, which focus now is to deliver a beast of a simulator on PC.
Not in the same league, but seems like they're doing similar with Gears Tactics.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Flight Sim on my TV, but I'm really not the target of this. I'm just curious and want to "play around", not invested in simulation.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Flight Sim on my TV, but I'm really not the target of this. I'm just curious and want to "play around", not invested in simulation.
Same here. Very curious, but I can't see myself investing many hours in a flight sim (intended as a proper sim and not a "gamey" sim).

Moreover, after having tried it at X019, I really don't know how they could make it work on a standard console controller. Maybe adding an easy mode with lots of auto aids.

Sandbox

Jan 28, 2019
I don't know if anyone watched Brad Sams last video , Because I found something interesting in it .

During the video Brad talks about the future of the cloud and He had heard that Microsoft is working on a service that allows you to play PC games via the cloud like geforce now .

He does not know any details, but knows that the announcement of the service is soon

Star from 3.40

youtu.be

What's Next for xCloud

Curious about where xCloud is headed next? Here's what you need to know.Full Writeup: https://www.thurrott.com/games/xbox/230851/the-road-ahead-for-project-x...

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Same here. Very curious, but I can't see myself investing many hours in a flight sim (intended as a proper sim and not a "gamey" sim).

Moreover, after having tried it at X019, I really don't know how they could make it work on a standard console controller. Maybe adding an easy mode with lots of auto aids.

Is it pretty much unplayable you think without a stick/controls/etc?

That'd bum me out, def. wanna play it on the Series X.

Jan 4, 2018
I don't know if anyone watched Brad Sams last video , Because I found something interesting in it .

During the video Brad talks about the future of the cloud and He had heard that Microsoft is working on a service that allows you to play PC games via the cloud like geforce now .

He does not know any details, but knows that the announcement of the service is soon

Star from 3.40

youtu.be

What's Next for xCloud

Curious about where xCloud is headed next? Here's what you need to know.Full Writeup: https://www.thurrott.com/games/xbox/230851/the-road-ahead-for-project-x...
As I said in the thread, they announced xcloud coming to PC this year (in my opinion, to allow OG Xbox and 360 BC games to be played on PC, because almost every other game has a native PC version already) so it made sense they do it the other way around since they support kb&m and there's also games released on PC with no console version.
That would allow them to offer the same games to everyone, be it a PC or console player.
I wonder if they'll take advantage of the situation to introduce kb&m only games on Xbox since they'll have the "excuse" that they'll be PC versions

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

Yeah, I've been wondering the same thing. I wonder if they'll include some kind of arcade mode that cuts out a lot of the simulation layers. As it stands hardcore flight sims are pretty niche, it'll be a good showcase of graphical prowess, but I don't think it'll be a holiday Series X bundle or anything unless they sort that out.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017

Star from 3.40

youtu.be

What's Next for xCloud

www.resetera.com

Brad Sams: Microsoft is working on a feature to allow you to stream your PC games across xCloud.

Microsoft is apparently working on a feature that will allow you to stream your PC games trough xCloud. It's going to be something similar to GeForce Now, and it's expected to be announced soon. I sure hope Microsoft have a better plan than Nvidia in order to keep publishers on this service...

Probably just a solution to stream games from your windows 10 pc over LAN/WAN. Not them actually hosting PC games. All we have heard about Project xCloud is that it uses xbox hardware, which they have said will be coming to Windows 10 this year, but that will be console games streaming to PC.

Probably easier for them to just get the console versions of games to support M/K and have cross save support with Steam versions etc.. than to build out PC hardware for xCloud which would run a limited library of games since their PC Game Marketplace is almost nonexistent.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
There may be a tactical reason to limit XCloud servers to Xboxes, as if X Cloud is highly successful it would encourage PC only developers to port to Xbox.

I guess the problem therein is then they'd either all have to support controllers, or Xbox would have to allow Keyboard and Mouse only games.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Didnt visit that Xbox Series X thread for a couple of days but i see it turned out being a second next gen thread lol.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I've owned every Xbox console since the beginning. I wasn't very thrilled with the Xbox One in the beginning but ever since Phil Spencer took over, they really reinvigorated the Xbox brand.

I am incredibly excited for the Xbox Series X. The hardware and feature set looks top notch and I'm very excited to see what next gen games we can look forward to from Microsoft.

Still hoping to see stuff like Banjo-Kazooie but the Fable and Perfect Dark rumors are also exciting!

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
It was so detailed I could hear the "Ladies and gentleman, please welcome... the Head of Xbox, PHIIIL SPENCEEERRR" voice in my head

I have to admit, it was so long I didn't read it. I'm sure I have novels on my shelf that are shorter.

Didnt visit that Xbox Series X thread for a couple of days but i see it turned out being a second next gen thread lol.

Last time I dipped in, I was unsurprised to see that it had turned into the PS5 speculation thread.

Jan 4, 2018
Yeah these big news threads are fun for max 2 days. I mean i got my info about it and the starting fun but i have been here to long to know thats the max haha.
Yup, usually those threads are fun for a short time.
After that there's no more "cool, can't see what they come up with." "They seem to be doing all that was asked from them" etc... and there's only those who don't want people to believe it discussing it

Aug 26, 2018
I think Microsoft should do just one Forza Motorsport next gen and use it as a live service game with frequent expansions and improvements. It doesn't feel satisfying to restart from scratch and do basically the same thing over and over with each new entry in my opinion. Forza Horizon works being bi-annual or whatever since it's a fresh new setting every time.

Completely agree, great point.

Even remove the numbered titles for the franchise. Just Forza Motorsport.

Just like Minecraft, Sea of Thieves too don't need sequels.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Completely agree, great point.

Even remove the numbered titles for the franchise. Just Forza Motorsport.

Just like Minecraft, Sea of Thieves too don't need sequels.
I think one new game per gen in Forza, Sea of Thieves and maybe Minecraft could lead to significant improvements and an elevated baseline for scope and performance but they are great fits for live service and I'd argue harmed by resetting everything every two years.

2020 - Forza Motorsport: Series X (Xbox Four).
2027: Forza Motorsport: Xbox Five.
Something like that, assuming a gen is 7 years-ish. Instead of a new Forza every two years we could have one at the start of each gen and the next one at the start of next gen.

Aug 26, 2018

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys think we see resurgence of single player DLC or expansions from XGS going into next gen thanks to gamepass?

Felt like a few times this gen we've seen publishers test out expansions that can be sold as apart of a season pass but also be sold standalone. Infamous First Light, AC Freedom Cry, Xenoblade Torna.

Gamepass seems prime to be able to explore that with XGS titles. Usually the issue with expansions is they cost money but aren't played that much, however gamepass alleviates that some.

Imagine if after Gears 5 we got an expansion that told a stand-alone tale of how the Queen escaped and started the locust. it could be offered for players of Gears 5 but also be listed as a stand-alone tale on Xbox live and gampass.

seems like something that could help fill the colander year for gamepass releases.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You guys think we see resurgence of single player DLC or expansions from XGS going into next gen thanks to gamepass?

Felt like a few times this gen we've seen publishers test out expansions that can be sold as apart of a season pass but also be sold standalone. Infamous First Light, AC Freedom Cry, Xenoblade Torna.

Gamepass seems prime to be able to explore that with XGS titles. Usually the issue with expansions is they cost money but aren't played that much, however gamepass alleviates that some.

Imagine if after Gears 5 we got an expansion that told a stand-alone tale of how the Queen escaped and started the locust. it could be offered for players of Gears 5 but also be listed as a stand-alone tale on Xbox live and gampass.

seems like something that could help fill the colander year for gamepass releases.
State of Decay 2 has gotten single player DLC/expansions.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017

If anything Game Pass is the ideal place to have DLC and expansions. I can't speak for others but I'd be waay more inclined to buy thanks to the low cost of Game Pass, as opposed to these ridiculous Gold Edition deals.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If anything Game Pass is the ideal place to have DLC and expansions. I can't speak for others but I'd be waay more inclined to buy thanks to the low cost of Game Pass, as opposed to these ridiculous Gold Edition deals.
Yeah, and you see publishers capitalizing like Square Enix putting Kingdom Hearts 3 on Game Pass as soon as the Major DLC was made available on Xbox. I wouldn't be shocked if that's when Control comes to Game Pass, once the first expansion is made available on Xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.