• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 8, 2019
Spencer: 2x more than One X
People: It could be 12GCN tf

Xbox: "12 RDNA 2 tf"
People: Where's the news? we know it

Next-Gen will be nuts 😍

Last edited:

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Hopefully Sony don't drop the ball and also come out strong. It'd be great to see a proper neck and neck race this gen.

Why? Why do you want other company to fail and/or ne worse? Sony being strong doesn't mean Series X wouldn't be strong.

Like literally everything Microsoft is doing now is great. They have studios, they have awesome hardware and great services. Those aren't being taken away from you if Sony comes out strong. That is just pure console War mentality.

And holy moly that 12 tflops! Phil Spencer is just freaking awesome.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Why? Why do you want other company to fail and/or ne worse? Sony being strong doesn't mean Series X wouldn't be strong.

Like literally everything Microsoft is doing now is great. They have studios, they have awesome hardware and great services. Those aren't being taken away from you if Sony comes out strong. That is just pure console War mentality.

Er..I think you need to re-read what I wrote. I said the opposite of what you seem to think I meant.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018

Umm I think he said hopefully it also does well

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
Next gen is going to be amazing for Xbox.

Outstanding next gen hardware, gamer focused ecosytem, and the best first party they've ever had.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Wasn't there some discussion not to long ago about whether the series X would have RDNA 2 or not? I know several "leaks" have said it wouldn't or that PS5 would and Xbox would not. This post shuts down anyone saying Series X wouldn't have RDNA 2, or at least means their info is out of date.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Agreed, just dreaming lol...even though I have GPU for like the next 2 years thinks to that deal.

I think packing in GP is a no brainer, and not for 2 weeks...
Yeah it's like not only are we giving you the Series X but every MS game that came out for the past 2-3 years + a bunch of awesome 3rd party games.

Aug 26, 2018
Next gen is going to be amazing for Xbox.

Outstanding next gen hardware, gamer focused ecosytem, and the best first party they've ever had.

Agree!

I really think Xcloud is the dark horse..by 2022-23, we might even see millions of Xcloud users with the wide adoption of 5G.

Imagine a tie up with Samsung to bundle in xCloud on all Galaxy devices. You may see a 100x fold in new users.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Agree!

I really think Xcloud is the dark horse..by 2022-23, we might even see millions of Xcloud users with the wide adoption of 5G.

Imagine a tie up with Samsung to bundle in xCloud on all Galaxy devices. You may see a 100x fold in new users.

It's such a no brainer. A free month of Gamepass Ultimate with a new Samsung phone. This is inevitable I think. Samsung/MS are already in bed together and this deal makes too much sense.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Woah, didn't expect Xbox to have this type of specs post just now. Series X will be a beast. I think they're also very confident in their product with regards to their competition, otherwise they wouldn't have such a headstart with everything.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2018
It's such a no brainer. A free month of Gamepass Ultimate with a new Samsung phone. This is inevitable I think. Samsung/MS are already in bed together and this deal makes too much sense.

Yes. Definitely.

Samsung already bundles Office and other MS apps out of the box to avoid paying royalties to MS.

So bundling in xCloud may not be such a big deal after all. Although Samsung will demand some sort of commission.

For MS, they save on manufacturing and hardware, its going to be very profitable if they can guarantee a good playing experience and good accessories to help them along.

A deal with all gaming phones like Asus, Xiaomi, Nubia etc may also make sense.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
What is smart delivery?
Smart Delivery:
This technology empowers you to buy a game once and know that – whether you are playing it on Xbox One or Xbox Series X – you are getting the right version of that game on whatever Xbox you're playing on. We're making the commitment to use Smart Delivery on all our exclusive Xbox Game Studios titles, including
Halo Infinite
, ensuring you only have to purchase a title once in order to play the best available version for whichever Xbox console they choose to play on. This technology is available for all developers and publishers, and they can choose to use it for titles that will be release on Xbox One first and come to the Xbox Series X later.

edit:
because i love it;
120 fps Support:
With support for up to 120 fps, Xbox Series X allows developers to exceed standard 60 fps output in favor of heightened realism or fast-paced action.
HDMI 2.1 Innovation:
We've partnered with the HDMI forum and TV manufacturers to enable the best gaming experience through features such as Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and Variable Refresh Rate (VRR). ALLM allows Xbox One and Xbox Series X to automatically set the connected display to its lowest latency mode. VRR synchronizes the display's refresh rate to the game's frame rate, maintaining smooth visuals without tearing. Ensuring minimal lag and the most responsive gaming experience.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
If they're still doing Lockhart, they kinda need to do a dedicated event before, since Phil wants E3 to be about games. Explaining the two different consoles would take up a lot of time.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I don't know about ya'll, but after Series X was introduced at Game Awards last year I thought Sony would be the one to make the next move. What are they waiting for? Except for CPU and SSD info I believe MS has now fully revealed what their next gen console will be all about, specs wise.

This seems like a very different Sony than in 2013, and I just wonder why. I mean even if they were to end up with a inferior system, sooner or later they are gonna have to reveal it and I doubt it will be a big deal anyway.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I don't know about ya'll, but after Series X was introduced at Game Awards last year I thought Sony would be the one to make the next move. What are they waiting for? Except for CPU and SSD info I believe MS has now fully revealed what their next gen console will be all about, specs wise.

This seems like a very different Sony than in 2013, and I just wonder why. I mean even if they were to end up with a inferior system, sooner or later they are gonna have to reveal it and I doubt it will be a big deal anyway.

Just my opinion, I think there's a lot going on behind the scenes at Sony and maybe the PS5 plan isn't coming together quite like they thought it would and it's just not a concise plan on how to roll it out...I don't know.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
My 2 cents on the lockhart;

Announce it in 2021 as a cheaper entry into next-gen with launch bundles because the price point will be favorable for both parties. this one is pacific for market penetration and to sell more than the series X eventually over the lifetime.

Early adopter's preference are different than the casual market which buys stuff 9+ months or even a year+ later. 2021 would be a perfect opportunity to launch a new Sku that's hundreds cheaper and gives the "same" experience as Series X, albeit the raw power of 12tf vs whatever lockhart would be.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Just my opinion, I think there's a lot going on behind the scenes at Sony and maybe the PS5 plan isn't coming together quite like they thought it would and it's just not a concise plan on how to roll it out...I don't know.

That's definitely possible. On one hand just because of the fact that they revealed PS4 in February years ago doesn't necessarily mean they do it again with PS5. But the silence is just odd. And their message of not yet ready to reveal the PS5.

Status
Not open for further replies.