• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Here you have.

uGYC0Kf.png

H1PpqHZ.png

OEoLlYK.png

GTGWaiJ.png

DUca6p9.png

Kj71Ow9.png

7GUWEKE.png

SLS59gr.png

vqbY1v8.png

qOlnAo8.png

H1PpqHZ.png

d7kig7A.png

OEoLlYK.png

GTGWaiJ.png

DUca6p9.png

SwgEW9q.png

XahEcR7.png

GrZ0QqQ.png

Kj71Ow9.png

7GUWEKE.png

XbCooPv.png

l9H1hHl.png

SLS59gr.png

Disclaimer: I know that Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Wasteland Remastered and Bleeding Edge technically aren't the last release of their respective studios. However, they will be on the market in less than two months and I think it's a nonsense to make three provisional banners. Please understand. :-)

I love your work! The only thing that bothers me is the green color. I may be the only one with the offset though.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Another day, another decision against jp games on xbox.

these games were released in japan for xbox.

Aksys pulled the same shit with Arcana Heart 3 on 360, saying that "uh well the fighting game community is on PS3" despite Gods Garden running their tournaments on 360 at the time, and even the EU publisher releasing the game on 360 in that territory. Never purchased any of their releases after that.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if either part of the issue is Microsoft's minimum physical print limit (tier rewards include physical copies of the game). After Final Fantasy Type-0 bombed physically, a lot of smaller and/or niche games are 100% digital on the Xbox platform.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Xbox throws some money at Platinum to also get the game on launch day, but to also have it on Game Pass (which I could also see causing drama for those that backed it on Kickstarter).

I'm also annoyed there is no stretch goal already for the platform, but I think they realize at this point they will need to release it on Xbox too, its just a matter of when they'll announce and release it.

That's a really good point, I didn't think of how game pass may effect Kickstarter rewards and that. That's also an underrated point for Japanese games in general, about the physical print limit. Physical sales are still big in Japan, I think Digital might have overtaken it by now but still.

I'll hold out hope of seeing this on Xbox, but I'll honestly probably end up just playing it on Switch.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
That's a really good point, I didn't think of how game pass may effect Kickstarter rewards and that. That's also an underrated point for Japanese games in general, about the physical print limit. Physical sales are still big in Japan, I think Digital might have overtaken it by now but still.

I'll hold out hope of seeing this on Xbox, but I'll honestly probably end up just playing it on Switch.

Has it ever been explained why MS have a minimum print run and the others don't (or have significantly lower minimums, maybe?)? I remember reading something years back about it being an issue because MS don't have their own facility for this, but do Sony really have their own facility for printing discs..?

Not expecting you to know the answer or anything, just kind of wondering out loud :D

Had the Lumia 920 and 640 XL, RIP.

I still have my Samsung Omnia 7 and Lumia 920 and 930 in a drawer. I still really miss the UI.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Has it ever been explained why MS have a minimum print run and the others don't (or have significantly lower minimums, maybe?)? I remember reading something years back about it being an issue because MS don't have their own facility for this, but do Sony really have their own facility for printing discs..?

Not expecting you to know the answer or anything, just kind of wondering out loud :D

Yeah I'm not sure, the only thing I can think of is maybe since Sony owns the blu-ray format, or at least used to / owns part of it, it's cheaper for them to print discs. Or Sony is just willing to eat more loss per disc, who knows? Not me.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
My 920 died, but I might have the 640 XL somewhere. Out of curiosity, what phone are you using now?

Galaxy S10. Had an S8 before this (which I managed to drop in the street in Kyoto D: ), and before that was my 930 - I held onto that for more than three years, as I was really looking forward to the rumoured Surface Phone :(

Yeah I'm not sure, the only thing I can think of is maybe since Sony owns the blu-ray format, or at least used to / owns part of it, it's cheaper for them to print discs. Or Sony is just willing to eat more loss per disc, who knows? Not me.

As I understand it, Sony, even as a member of the Blu Ray Disc Association, still pays license fees into it (which will then be distributed back out to the members of the assoc.).

At least that's what I've thought all these years, but now I can't seem to find anything to back that up :/

Maybe it just is as you say - Sony are more willing to eat a bit of the cost and MS just decided to set a higher limit.

Last edited:

LevCortez

Jan 12, 2020
Dr Pepper = Third person cinematic action adventure. :)
also can someone with experience in picture analysis zoom into the pic. we may be able to spot the game on Drews glasses.
I can't gues a character but the angle is sh*t... but i can see the white crosshair in the center. And maybe it's just me or does the left blue part looks like a pool table?! xD
2hBIAwY.png

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
I did enhance and it looks like a test room. Light source up top and minor placeholders below... or it's just blue, idk?

tIfqtkA.png

Status
Not open for further replies.