• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2019
It's a good thing they've got 11 more months and multiple events to go then, eh?
11 months? Let's assume November release. Now we're down to 9 months. 9 months to release a console that I assume they want to perform better (commercially) than the Xbox One. They need to keep the hype train moving. Keep their foot on the gas. I liked their aggressiveness at the end of last year, announcing Everwild at X019 and Hellblade 2 with Series X at TGAs. But it want more.

Jul 17, 2018
Booty has stated that they don't necessarily go out looking for studios that "check certain boxes". They care about building out plentiful diverse and quality content for their GP/first party lineup. I'd prefer they acquire the right studio at the right time (for both parties) regardless of region, rather than just acquiring any JP studio because they don't already.

Techland is 300-400 devs and has multiple projects "on hold" (https://www.gamesradar.com/au/techland-studio-profile/). They seem to be a talented bunch and own multiple IP. As mentioned earlier, the cost of doing business in Poland is far cheaper than US/UK (and Japan), making it an attractive purchase for MS. If MS were to buy Techland, I don't think you should view it as a negative toward their view on Japanese games and developers. They can and will still partner with JP devs on publishing deals until a deal that makes sense comes along
This and THIS...

tbassett

Jan 8, 2019
Looks like the Vanquish/Bayonetta Anniversary edition is coming to gamepass. Sweet. I was going to pre order that bad boy

coma

Oct 28, 2017
That doesn't mention Game Pass, just that the games are releasing on Xbox this month.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Speaking of, who is publishing the Vanquish / Bayonetta remasters? I'm assuming SEGA, but I don't really know.

Aug 23, 2018
I want Scarlett info. Price, launch date, specs etc.

Me too, but I'm not expecting anything before E3 to avoid disappointment. That and I don't want to lose my mind like some people around here are waiting for the February Sony event that will never come.

They will come.

It's not like the moment MS publicise all this stuff everyone will go 'eh, you didn't keep me interested for about 3 weeks earlier in the year, nah'. This constant appetite doesn't need constant sating.

Yup. MS will spend most of their marketing budget on E3 and then the months leading up to launch. We shouldn't expect an evenly spread amount of information through out 2020

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I want Scarlett info. Price, launch date, specs etc.

We'll get hardware info prior to E3 and price/launch date at E3. MS has leaned really heavily into the idea that E3 is for games and I believe we'll have a hardware event prior to E3 that shows off the console in more depth, demos some games and details some improvements/enhancements to the controller while also showing off the UI.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Does anyone else think halo should have its own yearly event. A Halo-con. I think they definitely should. Halo is big enough that they could do it even when there isn't a new game coming out.

This year I for one would love to see an hr of gameplay at the reveal but that obviously wouldn't work at e3 or xsx reveal.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
We'll get hardware info prior to E3 and price/launch date at E3. MS has leaned really heavily into the idea that E3 is for games and I believe we'll have a hardware event prior to E3 that shows off the console in more depth, demos some games and details some improvements/enhancements to the controller while also showing off the UI.
Right,. they can show off the console, specs and price.. then have maybe 3-5 select games to show off the power/capability and then end the show with, "just wait till you see what we show at e3 ;)"

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else think halo should have its own yearly event. A Halo-con. I think they definitely should. Halo is big enough that they could do it even when there isn't a new game coming out.

This year I for one would love to see an hr of gameplay at the reveal but that obviously wouldn't work at e3 or xsx reveal.

Outpost Discovery started last year.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States

Yep I think this is right. Might also get a little bit at GDC if we're lucky (xCloud news?)

coma

Oct 28, 2017
If their Kickstarter raises more than $500,000, maybe they'll port their game no one gave a shit about 7 years ago to Xbox.

Cory Arnold (Gematsu): Considering The Wonderful 101 was originally published by Nintendo and released for Wii U, is it safe to assume The Wonderful 101 Remastered will only release for Switch, or will it be possible to bring to other platforms?

Hideki Kamiya (Platinum Games): "The initial goal is Switch. Depending on stretch goals, we will be porting it to more and more consoles like PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam. That is the goal right now."

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Why is The Wonderful 101: Remastered only being released on Switch, PlayStation 4, and Steam?

Of course, we absolutely want to release The Wonderful 101: Remastered on platforms other than Nintendo Switch, Steam, and PS4 so that fans everywhere can play, but this is a challenging endeavor for our first foray into self-publishing. That's why we wanted to concentrate on these three initial hardware platforms.
However, we are absolutely listening, and if this campaign is successful enough to allow us the flexibility to port the game on additional platforms, we'd love to make it happen.

Yeah, isn't better to just say "Why are you skipping Xbox?"

Yeah, I'll wait before I back this

LevCortez

Jan 12, 2020
That's what i would also see happen, shorty before E3 or after. I mean i understand there is alot of intrest from a lot of people for more info. But in the end you have to get the hype that attracts the casuals with a new console generation. And the casual's attention span today is shorter than ever. Even more when your competitor also getting ready to aim for the same target.
And let's not forget, Microsoft has shoot themself so many times in the foot this generation. They will be cautious. Crackdown destruction, endless delays and never delivered on it's promise, content lack for Sea of Thieves at launch. Missing polish on SoD2 and We happy Few, canceling of Scalebound, closing of studios, cancelation of VR and a overall lack in comparrison to previous generation and competitor. That stigma sticks at the brand still in many minds. Like the xbox have no Games, they buyed studios and now changed to xbox only got AA Studios/Games etc.

It was important for them rebranding themself over the last years as a game company again and not a company on their way to the exit. But i can understand that as a company they just go with the speed of the other (sony). Because now you have that game between xbox and playstation were they got the same cards to play from AMD. That will also play a role into the silence from both in regards to details. Because these details makes the diffrents.
For GDC i would gues Micorsoft just gives more info on Gamestack and their Developer Ecosystem they build out strongly, one from microsoft has also a talk about matchmaking ai. In the end that's the audience at the conference. Maybe something prior to E3 for the hardware, but i would say in a 1 month windows around E3. Because even AMD is super quite with ray tracing and big navi and they have Nvidia infront of them that are about to make their next move this year.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I don't usually donate to game Kickstarters unless I really want to show that the support exists, and if the Wonderful 101 remaster actually commits to an Xbox One version in its stretch goals I'll probably pitch in. But considering the Ps4 release isn't until half a million, I'd be pretty surprised if it happened even if they did commit.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Phil will have to personally donate the remainder just so people don't complain to him about it.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Always hilarious when companies ask consumers for money to fund their products

This is more for gauging interest then actually funding the game. I think regardless of how the Kickstarter went, the game would we be coming to Switch and Steam. The Kickstarter is just a barometer if they should bring it to anything else.

Unless you think it would only cost $50,000 to Port the game to Switch.

Aug 26, 2019
This is more for gauging interest then actually funding the game. I think regardless of how the Kickstarter went, the game would we be coming to Switch and Steam. The Kickstarter is just a barometer if they should bring it to anything else.

Unless you think it would only cost $50,000 to Port the game to Switch.
Okay. So if it's just for gauging interest then I'm assuming they'll give the money back afterwards?

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
What are they doing with that $500K for the PS4 version if not for funding the game? There are other ways to gauge interest than begging for money from consumers.
You do know that backing games on Kickstarter basically works as a preorder system, right? If you pay the required amount, you will get the game when it launches.

Yes they are begging consumers for money, but it's not like we're not getting anything in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.