• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
No its not. Remedy announced yonks ago they were transitioning to Discord their discord channel invite is still live on their website. Some people think smoke equals fire, sometimes its just someone with a bowel of liquid nitrogen.

So basically all it is, is a PSVR dev (confirmed dev?) saying something about a private event and something about Remedies for anxieties. Whatever it is, it could be a partnership too for an exclusive or maybe like someone else said a Control RT demo maybe.

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
No its not. Remedy announced yonks ago they were transitioning to Discord their discord channel invite is still live on their website. Some people think smoke equals fire, sometimes its just someone with a bowel of liquid nitrogen.

Didn't know that. Made some good friends there, good times talking about Alan Wake and following it's development, everyone was so excited about it. Last time I accessed it, it was July 2019, it was empty and lifeless.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna lie, it would fucking suck if Sony acquired Remedy.
It shouldn't especially when the decision could be the best for the studios future. MS is acquiring devs too and with Sony bringing more of their games to PC , you could probably play Remedy games on PC or even PS now someday and next gen MS will have more than enough games to keep fans occupied, they will probably get a talented studio to fill the third person cinematic void if need be.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
It shouldn't especially when the decision could be the best for the studios future. MS is acquiring devs too and with Sony bringing more of their games to PC , you could probably play Remedy games on PC or even PS now someday and next gen MS will have more than enough games to keep fans occupied, they will probably get a talented studio to fill the third person cinematic void if need be.

Remedy would have been perfect to fill that void though, especially because it's a established studio and has history with MS. But who knows, maybe MS tried and they said no, maybe they aren't interested in being picked up at all.

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Yeah, if its indeed happening, best of luck to Remedy and may they find success. But it sucks for me on a personal level, as I've been a supporter of Remedy for a long long time. I've always wanted them to become a multi developer because they deserve success.

And right now, buying another console just because of one developer / franchise is nonsense.

Linkified

Dec 24, 2017
So basically all it is, is a PSVR dev (confirmed dev?) saying something about a private event and something about Remedies for anxieties. Whatever it is, it could be a partnership too for an exclusive or maybe like someone else said a Control RT demo maybe.

Pretty much if anything its probably a VR game, a limited time pack in RTX enhanced version of Control and possibly an exclusive. Or possibly all 3, if they were purchasing a public company they would have to make investors aware of their intentions publicly. Even after that the Finnish government may block the deal if it were to break competition law.

LevCortez

Jan 12, 2020
Did just i missed that weird job listings from 343... Senior Producer (Dec 18, 2019):
343 Industries is looking for a Senior Producer to work with our Core Services team to help develop a new project in the Halo universe.
Senior Character Artist (17.01) or/ Lead Character Technical Artist
Build great HALO experiences. 343 Industries, part of Microsoft Studios, is home to the game industries top talent and we are dedicated to the HALO universe.
to help develop new character experiences in the Halo universe.​

for reference of other/older job listings
343 Industries is looking for a Senior Producer to work on the Halo Wars franchise.
or
the studio developing Halo Infinite, is looking for a talented, motivated, effective Producer to join the team building the Slipspace engine to power Halo Infinite.

So they already all in on the next? Or an Content Update with just a Story?

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
You are right, but being a first party developer changes what can or can not be greenlit quite radically.

This is... Tough to say right now. Having to find a publisher also limits what you can get greenlit, if it's risky you have to find a publisher that will take the risk, and self publishing is hard.

Microsoft has shown they're willing to take some more risks with their first parties recently, we'll probably never know how much more UNLESS Tim Schaefer comes out and says "I tried to make a Brutal Legend X Day of the Tentacle mech battle dating sim, but Xbox said it was too weird". And we don't know how Sonys first party will change going forward, whether they'll be open, or how open they'll be, to some weird shit.

To be fair, Sony has proven they're open to some weird stuff already, say what you will about all of Sonys big games looking the same, but they've approved and invested in some pretty surprising stuff, even not counting the odd Japanese stuff.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remedy would have been perfect to fill that void though, especially because it's a established studio and has history with MS. But who knows, maybe MS tried and they said no, maybe they aren't interested in being picked up at all.
It's obvious MS was no longer interested in partnering with Remedy after Quantum Break yet alone wanting to acquire them. There is no mystery behind this.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yet they are partnering with them on CrossFire X - after all Remedy is doing the single player component.
What a terrible response. They partnered with Smilegate specifically for a game that was so popular in Asia that it became the most played game in the world by player count to help bring to the west. Smilegate partnered with Remedy to develop the single player campaign. This is in no way anything remotely close to MS partnering with Remedy to publish one of their games.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
It's obvious MS was no longer interested in partnering with Remedy after Quantum Break yet alone wanting to acquire them. There is no mystery behind this.

QB, understandable but with Control they showed they CAN get games out in time without too many issues and delays. So who knows, it's possible that MS did offer it.

Anyway, let's say it is true, Xbox will still get Crossfire X SP and MP, right? MS didn't can Wasteland, didn't can We Happy Few. Sony has to let Crossfire weapon, no matter what, correct?

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Compulsion is the biggest wild card out of all of the recent studio acquisitions. I'm very curious what their first game ends u[ being.
QB, understandable but with Control they showed they CAN get games out in time without too many issues and delays. So who knows, it's possible that MS did offer it.

Anyway, let's say it is true, Xbox will still get Crossfire X SP and MP, right? MS didn't can Wasteland, didn't can We Happy Few. Sony has to let Crossfire weapon, no matter what, correct?
Crossfire X is a deal between MS and Smilegate. Remedy has to complete their deal with Smilegate and finish their end of the single player campaign no matter if they get bought out.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Compulsion is the biggest wild card out of all of the recent studio acquisitions. I'm very curious what their first game ends u[ being.
Crossfire X is a deal between MS and Smilegate. Remedy has to complete their deal with Smilegate and finish their end of the single player campaign no matter if they get bought out.

That's good to hear. The MP footage looked surprisingly great! Very, very curious about the first SP footage.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Was talking to my buddies about how awesome it was to see Yakuza at the XO19 last year, the element of surprise was huge for all of us. That for me is the perfect example of how it fucking sucks when a E3 show or another event gets leaked before it happens. Never underestimate the element of surprise.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was talking to my buddies about how awesome it was to see Yakuza at the XO19 last year, the element of surprise was huge for all of us. That for me is the perfect example of how it fucking sucks when a E3 show or another event gets leaked before it happens. Never underestimate the element of surprise.
I remember predicting Yakuza and other past Japanese games getting Xbox ports like Kingdom Hearts collection. I predict a mainline Persona game will be announced for Xbox this year.

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
All I'm going to say is, no matter which developers are acquired whichever company and which ones stay independent, this generation is going to be crazy.
So much potential and creativity out there right now, indie games are bigger than ever, rejuvenated first party teams at both Xbox and Playstation, CAPCOM is back, etc.

I'm excited, to say at the very least.

LevCortez

Jan 12, 2020
All I'm going to say is, no matter which developers are acquired whichever company and which ones stay independent, this generation is going to be crazy.
So much potential and creativity out there right now, indie games are bigger than ever, rejuvenated first party teams at both Xbox and Playstation, CAPCOM is back, etc.

I'm excited, to say at the very least.
Me too. Even more intresting is the availablitiy of the advanced tools (unity, ue4) for even small teams to make awesome games.

Status
Not open for further replies.