• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
whatever happened to sable?

Good question. This post prompted me to look into another game coming to Xbox that had fallen off the radar, Grim Dawn. This was posted to Facebook recently:

A quick heads up on the Xbox Port, as that has been a topic of some discussion in the comments section of late.
As you may have guessed by it now being 2020, our original estimate of releasing the port in 2019 may have been a tad ambitious.

But the good news is: the Xbox port is 100% still coming and the extra time it's had in development is only going to result in a better experience for you as all of the PC version's major content updates will now be included right away!

In the process of working on certification requirements, we felt that additional optimization would ensure that the game you will be seeing on console will look and feel as awesome as it does on PC, without compromising on visuals and gameplay by removing objects from playable scenes.

The upside of going above and beyond on the engine work is that performance will be even better on both console and PC!
Stay tuned in the coming months as we approach the finish line and the Xbox port is in your hands!

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
Ryan McCaffrey from IGN just stated on the latest podcast Unlocked that IGN first for Feb is huge and he's been away all month with footage and couldn't wait to announce it. Could it be Halo Infinite?? Also seems there's hints to a IX for Feb 12th?

Related tweet made weeks ago

Jan 4, 2018
I'm a relatively new Xbox One X owner and I was wondering where is the best place to get Xbox news?

I always checked the PS Blog to get playstation news on upcoming games / sales, not sure what would be similar for Xbox.

Any links to xbox youtube channels that you enjoy would be cool as well.
If it's mainly sales you're interested in then follow Major Nelson on Twitter, Youtube or his blog majornelson.com

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Firima

Oct 27, 2017

ProPain Launcher Gang where u at?

B4wBRzg.png

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Ryan McCaffrey from IGN just stated on the latest podcast Unlocked that IGN first for Feb is huge and he's been away all month with footage and couldn't wait to announce it. Could it be Halo Infinite?? Also seems there's hints to a IX for Feb 12th?

perhaps infinite multiplayer for the upcoming, *soon, flighting?

stinkles pls!

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020
I will be so disappointed if the Initiative turns out to be working on a Perfect Dark reboot. That's the perfect title to hand to your established studio's second team, or even to farm out to a third party, but creating a brand new "AAAA" studio just to revive an old franchise feels like a complete misallocation of resources. You've got a brand new team with a blank slate, no weight of expectations, nothing weighing them down. The sky is the limit here, do something new.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I will be so disappointed if the Initiative turns out to be working on a Perfect Dark reboot. That's the perfect title to hand to your established studio's second team, or even to farm out to a third party, but creating a brand new "AAAA" studio just to revive an old franchise feels like a complete misallocation of resources. You've got a brand new team with a blank slate, no weight of expectations, nothing weighing them down. The sky is the limit here, do something new.
Yep I hope this will be the case. The team they've put together is capable of incredible things. Let them do something crazy and new.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I would stan a new Brutal Legend but more of an ARPG or something. I'm not a big RTS person. Basically a heavy metal Fable

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Here are the handful of gaming related items from the Microsoft quarterly earnings today. The bottom line is that they really want next generation to start soon with the new hardware console(s), but they do mention investments in first-party content, subscriptions growth and the decline is in line or even a little lower than their prior quarter forward looking guidance.

• Gaming revenue declined 21% overall, but this was not out of line with their own expectations as stated in their prior quarter forward looking guidance that stated "And in Gaming, we expect revenue to decline in the mid-20 percent range driven by lower console sales as we near the end of this generation as well as the most challenging quarterly comparable in third party titles from last year."
  • Xbox content and services revenue decreased 11% against a high prior year comparable, primarily from a third-party title, partially offset by subscriptions growth
  • Under the overall 'More Personal Computing' segment it stated that Operating expenses declined 5% driven by the redeployment of engineering resources, partially offset by Gaming investments primarily in first-party content

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

I don't know if it's true, probably not

Also can confirm, Fable II, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, and Brutal Legend all exist and have existed for several years. I've also heard rumors that both Fable II and Banjo Kazooie may get sequels.

*also, can't wait to see the articles spawned by this joke.

Last edited:

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017

Will be funny if after all the PS5 event rumors, we end up getting Xbox Series X(and S) event at Feb.

TE4M GREENE

Sep 23, 2019
What's the difference between working on a new IP VS working on a new IP while also working on an established franchise? Phil's tweet mentioned both new things and old, suggesting a new IP and an already established one, which many believe to be Perfect Dark. I can understand wanting to see something new, but does it really matter if they're working on something new AND working on Perfect Dark?

NippleViking

May 2, 2018

God I wish. But seems crazy unlikely that Infinite's first gameplay blowout would be on IGN first. Though in this day and age who knows - Halo is probably one of the few IP where you can pull a Rockstar or Nintendo and go "Hey, Come back in 3 days time for the first look at Halo:I", without any ceremony over Twitter.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Once again all that matters is execution. New IP's fail all the time with poor execution. It doesn't matter whether it's an OLD or NEW IP.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
You know what is important. That the devs make the game they want to make. New IP or old IP. What is the difference.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
God I wish. But seems crazy unlikely that Infinite's first gameplay blowout would be on IGN first. Though in this day and age who knows - Halo is probably one of the few IP where you can pull a Rockstar or Nintendo and go "Hey, Come back in 3 days time for the first look at Halo:I", without any ceremony over Twitter.

A sudden reveal would be ace. Don't care where or how.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Perfect Dark could be a variety of things. It's so old you practically have no baggage.

The Initiative could basically do future spies in future world, starring a female character. That's very loosely Perfect Dark. I think that's what they would do instead of you know aliens. More dry Cyberpunk than Bond.

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020
I see your (generic your) arguments, they all make logical sense, I'd just like to see this brand new studio do what Bungie or Epic did for the original Xbox and deliver a brand new franchise which became the new hotness on the block. As I say, there are dozens of studios around the world that could resurrect PD, and frankly, if you've created a brand new team who you're investing all of this time and money into, and they've decided that they would rather work on someone else's franchise than creating their own, then I can't help but feel that maybe you've chosen the wrong people to head up your brand new AAAA studio. This is the team who should be producing the flagship, the standard-bearer, the thing that pushes videogames as a whole forwards. I want to see that team bursting with ideas, eager to do something that hasn't been done before, champing at the bit to express their vision to the world. Rebooting an old franchise will never feel like that, not to me at least.

Apr 6, 2018
I see your (generic your) arguments, they all make logical sense, I'd just like to see this brand new studio do what Bungie or Epic did for the original Xbox and deliver a brand new franchise which became the new hotness on the block. As I say, there are dozens of studios around the world that could resurrect PD, and frankly, if you've created a brand new team who you're investing all of this time and money into, and they've decided that they would rather work on someone else's franchise than creating their own, then I can't help but feel that maybe you've chosen the wrong people to head up your brand new AAAA studio. This is the team who should be producing the flagship, the standard-bearer, the thing that pushes videogames as a whole forwards. I want to see that team bursting with ideas, eager to do something that hasn't been done before, champing at the bit to express their vision to the world. Rebooting an old franchise will never feel like that, not to me at least.
despite already having other studios tied to perfect dark among the msft team

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

If it's just Doom Eternal stuff I'm going to laugh.

Oct 25, 2017

It could be Ori and the Will of the Wisps. The game's coming out in March.

If it's just Doom Eternal stuff I'm going to laugh.

That too.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I think that the biggest thing that would get me to jump back into SoT would be the ability to change ship size in game. It'd be great to be able to start off in a sloop then switch it out for a brigantine or a galleon without losing cannonballs and so forth when friends come online.
Definitely. And I'd accept some sort of balance to how you change ship size mid-session to avoid its trolling potential (similar to how you can only change ship cosmetics at an Outpost).

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any major titles releasing this year that we haven't seen gameplay for besides Halo Infinite?

Status
Not open for further replies.