• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jobbe1978

Jan 18, 2018
Italy
i would be too if there was such a thing as 2nd anniversary?? Is there?!

Well, since it's MS it's a thing that's expected (cit. Klobrille) :D

To be honest, I really think they are going to amaze us once again around March - April, it would be excellent to expand the lore with another 9 tall tales, for example.

Let's wait and see ;)

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
I know this will probably sound like an unpopular opinion but....I'm more excited for Sea of Thieves 2nd Anniversary update in April rather than for Halo or other games...sorry guys :D

Not quite in the same boat, but there are a lot of other 2020 games by XGS studios that interest me more than Halo does (Psychonauts 2, Flight Simulator, Wasteland 3, AOE3DE, Ori, Tell Me Why, and Gears Tactics). It's great that XGS can actually cater to all sorts of players now.

Oct 25, 2017
Game of the Year has gone gold:

giphy.gif

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Also, in another thread they said they're considering a 120fps patch for Series X:

Would anyone be interested in Ori and the Will of the Wisps in 120hz on Xbox?
Don't think it'd be possible on X1X, we're CPU bound and there's just not enough horsepower. XSX should do the trick and there's plenty of TVs now that can also do 120hz. I doubt that a ton of games will support 120hz on XSX (at least not big AAA releases), so we've been thinking about that feature.

Apr 6, 2018
You're concern trolling yourself man.

The cost has gone up because it took longer to develop. It took longer do develop because they needed to build a future proof engine for it. That's good investment.

Now, at first thought, one might assume that the best way to recoup those costs would be to target gamers who aren't necessarily Halo fans. But 343 has over a decade of experience trying to adjust Halos gameplay to appeal to the broader shooter market and the series appeal has done nothing but contract over that timeframe. If the art direction is any indication, it appears that they want to make a game that is uniquely "Halo" so that it can standout in the market, rather than one that fits in. THAT'S the path to recouping costs. I think they've learned their lessons.

Chris Lee has been around for some of my least favorite Halo games, but he's also been around in the Bungie days. Hopefully he puts all of this perspective to good use.
He has been around for the worst halo and the best IMHO, until now everything they showed was clueless without soul, and mediocre, and his word sound as empty as cory balrog's one to me: "this man has no ideas", the vision they trasmit is so dull and empty

But maybe I'm just a really messed up dude with paranoid behaviour, depression problems, anxiety and I'm just doom and glooming.
But I'm genuinely concerned for infinite.
I hope he's right, but man I've such a bad feeling
Well, sure. But they still had to be signed off by the leadership at MS/XGS.

That could be one of them too.

Sea of Thieves will continue as long as people continue to play it. Right now it seems to be doing great, at least.

I do wonder what they're going to do as the gulf between the OG XBO and high end Xboxes and PCs continues to expand though.
But they didn't pass through XGP
I thought insiders have said there have been pretty big shakeups on the project as recent as 2019. Seems like development hasn't been the smoothest.
I think that the developers are so divided as the fanbase on what it's the best for halo
Chris Lee is our guy.

Game director of Doom reboot is the former concept artist with no design experience before.

Chris Lee is Lead producer since Halo 3
Chris Lee is no one guy, he's a free man.
And maybe it's YOUR guy, everything he has said until now it's absolute mediocre and empty.
He is the producer of too human too
I know this will probably sound like an unpopular opinion but....I'm more excited for Sea of Thieves 2nd Anniversary update in April rather than for Halo or other games...sorry guys :D
I think if they are going to do an "aniversary" mega update it will be after XsX release

HBC_XL

Apr 19, 2018
Vancouver
So - because I've been thinking about it, here's my theory (without specific dates) of how an XsS/XsX future may go:

• MS has a full blow-out for XsX (final hardware, services, controller, and details on known games) in spring
  • During that conference, they introduce the XsS and explains the reduced GPU and RAM solutions to keep the games functioning the same at a reduced graphical fidelity (max checkerboard 4K in some cases, no RT)
    • After revealing XsS they announce a price drop for One X, a price drop for One SAD, and a price drop for the standard One S. Both the One X and One S cease manufacturing and the SAD will continue to be a very budget solution (think PSONE after the PS2 was out)
    • The prices for XsS or XsX aren't revealed, but a ballpark can be guessed based on the other product's reduced pricing structure.
  • The release window is in early November. Retail boxes (for both) will look very different, and MS will encourage retailers to sell through their remaining One X and One S stock before the launch. This will help with market confusion (3 active products vs 5)
  • Matt Booty speaks to the software side of things and reiterates his "no exclusives" comments to make a more explicit statement about what he means. Bonnie Ross joins to show the differences the XsX makes to a game "held back" by the Xbox One. Booty ends by reassuring that full-blown exclusives are indeed in the works and that two of them are from two new studios who just joined the MS family (and then formally announces a JP company and a Polish company who have agreed to be acquired)
  • "More to come at E3" which translates into wall-to-wall games

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, but we were talking about the exclusives Phil signed in 2017. He didn't say anything about whether or not they were signed through MSGP. Just that he had signed some new exclusives that we wouldn't hear anything about for 2-3 years. Which would line up nicely with the announcements of the games Alandring and I mentioned.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
He has been around for the worst halo and the best IMHO, until now everything they showed was clueless without soul, and mediocre, and his word sound as empty as cory balrog's one to me: "this man has no ideas", the vision they trasmit is so dull and empty

But maybe I'm just a really messed up dude with paranoid behaviour, depression problems, anxiety and I'm just doom and glooming.
But I'm genuinely concerned for infinite.

I hope he's right, but man I've such a bad feeling

I think that the developers are so divided as the fanbase on what it's the best for halo

Chris Lee is no one guy, he's a free man.
And maybe it's YOUR guy, everything he has said until now it's absolute mediocre and empty.
He is the producer of too human too

I think if they are going to do an "aniversary" mega update it will be after XsX release

I think it would already be fired if the vision of Halo infinite was not exciting for xbox exec.

And in Stinkles we trust.

And also Paul Crocker for the storytelling, Batman Arkham Asylum and City is world class games and storytelling.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019

Super fucking sweet! This means no more delays and I was kinda afraid after all these other games that got delayed! Oh man I can't wait.

The first one was so good and I bet this one is bigger, longer etc. If it has the same kind of emotional feel as the first one......oh my!

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London

As my name here is that of a ship from Halo, I feel it is my responsibility to offer you a full and unconditional pardon for your crimes.

In all seriousness, there's no need to feel bad about it, diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks and all that. We all like different things, and it's going to be the sheer breadth of experiences that defines XGS going forward.

Man, I can't wait. Very tempted by that physical collectors edition, despite it hitting GP on day one.

Nice, gonna go check some UK retailers in a sec, as none of them were listing it last I checked.

jobbe1978

Jan 18, 2018
Italy
As my name here is that of a ship from Halo, I feel it is my responsibility to offer you a full and unconditional pardon for your crimes.

In all seriousness, there's no need to feel bad about it, diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks and all that. We all like different things, and it's going to be the sheer breadth of experiences that defines XGS going forward.

Man, I can't wait. Very tempted by that physical collectors edition, despite it hitting GP on day one.

Haha, well said Sir, well said!

There may be a slight chance to change Good ol' Phil sentence into "when everybody plays different games, we all win" :)

Oct 27, 2017
The World
I think that halo infinite is an extremely dangerous project for two reason
1) Chris lee curriculum is really weak, I don't think he is the right man and everything he says something I'm scared by his ideas of doing a game of the last decade
2)It cost twice the previous ones, they can't jus aim to the halo fans
I'm sure it will be not as good as we hope for 1 and a bad financial hit for 2

Agree on the Chris Lee part, let's see nothing else to do than wait for the proper reveal.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
Haha, well said Sir, well said!

There may be a slight chance to change Good ol' Phil sentence into "when everybody plays different games, we all win" :)

When everyone plays a game they love, we all win :)

One of those games you definitely want to have digital to quickly play a few matches now and then imo.

Agree completely with this, but it's cheap enough that I'd kind of like a hard copy as kind of a commemorative thing - it being NT's first new game under XGS, and all.

Apr 6, 2018
User Warned: Hostility
How is that even a question? :P Do people really doubt Halo Infinite will be a big, huge game with content left and right (which will obviously apply to campaign as well)?

What do people think 400+ people are working on for 5 years?
I'm not worried by the quantity, but by the quality, and the budget could be a double edge sword if they did it wrong
I think it would already be fired if the vision of Halo infinite was not exciting for xbox exec.

And in Stinkles we trust.

And also Paul Crocker for the storytelling, Batman Arkham Asylum and City is world class games and storytelling.
Ah yes, you omitt Knight, the game based on a plot twist everyone called since the trailer, and arkham city, the one wih the most dumb and pretentious plot batman ever saw since hush.
Asylum it's really good tho, if you forgot the part with poison Ivy and the troll joker
Agree on the Chris Lee part, let's see nothing else to do than wait for the proper reveal.
Nah, I'm just paranoid
5min vid of Halo infinite the character is already better developed than all Halo 5 story.

In Chris Lee and Matt Booty Leadership we trust.
Oh no I want to see my kids, please big green man save me.
Fuck off

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
I think that halo infinite is an extremely dangerous project for two reason
1) Chris lee curriculum is really weak, I don't think he is the right man and everything he says something I'm scared by his ideas of doing a game of the last decade
2)It cost twice the previous ones, they can't jus aim to the halo fans
I'm sure it will be not as good as we hope for 1 and a bad financial hit for 2

This Chris Lee bullshit needs to stop.

Yes, he's part of the leadership too look at regarding Halo 4 and 5 mistakes, but there's no such thing as "one guilty guy" when something goes wrong in game development anymore.

There is a completely new leadership leading the game now, and we must be positive about that.

New narrative and art leadership have already proved themselves with a 5 minute trailer that generated more hype than the entirety of Halo 5.

Apr 6, 2018
This Chris Lee bullshit needs to stop.

Yes, he's part of the leadership too look at regarding Halo 4 and 5 mistakes, but there's no such thing as "one guilty guy" when something goes wrong in game development anymore.

There is a completely new leadership leading the game now, and we must be positive about that.

New narrative and art leadership have already proved themselves with a 5 minute trailer that generated more hype than the entirety of Halo 5.
I'm not worried by that, I'm worried by what I saw and his work on 3, odst and reach.

The art of h.:i is by a mile the worst I ever saw in AAA, the assets are divine, yet overall it looks way worse due to "something" in the art direction, maybe in the coloro choice

coma

Oct 28, 2017

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not worried by that, I'm worried by what I saw and his work on 3, odst and reach.

The art of h.:i is by a mile the worst I ever saw in AAA, the assets are divine, yet overall it looks way worse due to "something" in the art direction, maybe in the coloro choice

The art direction is sublime and sleek. MC looks awesome, his design has weight, proportions are finally right, and the Cartographer part looked really unique and Halo-like.

Besides that, all we have seen are some environments (2018) and the insides of a Pelican.

Like sure if you want to rate Halo 5 based on the insides of a Pelican it won't look very interesting.

The art cover looks more interesting and I'm sure once we see all come together it will be mind-blowing.

halo-infinite.jpg

hi_e319_concept_stinger_environment_v2-0261351e739249bd9946197e2171dc00.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what? What kind of tease is this, Phil???
Sure. I have no desire to get into a dumb conversation about something that is going to be subjective and filled with more hyperbolic nonsense though, so I'll stick with: lol.

There's zero reason for him to tease that if they weren't going to be showing off their game this year....right?
I don't want to read too much into it, because he could be talking about game design as opposed to game IP.

(The Perfect Dark dream still lives though...!)

perfect-dark-perfect-dark-n64-joannadark-gif-12930596.gif

Apr 6, 2018
Shitty art style ?
kolby-jukes-a62ac44c-70c8-4992-a5fa-bfb19fed7e9e.gif

kolby-jukes-4b81f894-c984-4ab2-80ce-9b25a263244c.jpg

Hope this helps.
I've no problem with the art in se, outside being generic and anonymous, but something doesn't look right with it. Like I had to watch the df video to cknowledge that the assets are god tier
The art direction is sublime and sleek. MC looks awesome, his design has weight, proportions are finally right, and the Cartographer part looked really unique and Halo-like.

Besides that, all we have seen are some environments (2018) and the insides of a Pelican.

Like sure if you want to rate Halo 5 based on the insides of a Pelican it won't look very interesting.

The art cover looks more interesting and I'm sure once we see all come together it will be mind-blowing.
I wasn't talking about that, but just that something in the art direction is making the game textures and model looking worst than they are
Ambitious Perfect Dark Reboot you love to see it 👀
Right now we are lucky if there's half the interest in perfect dark compared to september 2019 inside TC

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't talking about that, but just that something in the art direction is making the game textures and model looking worst than they are

I've no problem with the art in se, outside being generic and anonymous, but something doesn't look right with it. Like I had to watch the df video to cknowledge that the assets are god tier

well you are not making any sense to me so lets leave this conversation aside.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Right now we are lucky if there's half the interest in perfect dark compared to september 2019 inside TC

I think it's clarity, you are seeing things more clear than they've ever been so while it looks similar it's just super clear and sharp like a dirty window being wiped clean.

I love the physics in the trailer, the subtle movement of his leg and armour walking up to hologram is ace.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
Btw the guy who worked on the design of the H:I MC together with other artists and Sparth, and who modeled it for the E3 trailer is no longer at 343 (now at Epic)

Apr 6, 2018
I think it's clarity, you are seeing things more clear than they've ever been.

I love the physics in the trailer, the subtle movement of his leg and armour walking up to hologram is ace.
Oh yeah the physics looks divine, look the cable moved by the marine foot during the booting chief sequence. But then why everything looks not as good as DMCV, Gears 5, rdr2 or the tlou 2 trailers even if the actuals models and the texture are as good or even better?

Status
Not open for further replies.