• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Shinobi said in the next-gen thread that Playground's RPG is "very far along" but he doesn't expect it this year. Excellent news if that's next year already.
Playground Games, Ralph Fulton & team so far has been an guarantor for quality content across the board and from the whisperings I'm hearing left and right, the RPG project will continue that tradition.

I feel like many people are sometimes still forgetting this project is in the works since 2017 already and will have tons of outsourcing resources by now.

I totally expect Playground Games to deliver a precedent-setting quality game for XGS.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Playground Games, Ralph Fulton & team so far has been an guarantor for quality content across the board and from the whisperings I'm hearing left and right, the RPG project will continue that tradition.

I feel like many people are sometimes still forgetting this project is in the works since 2017 already and will have tons of outsourcing resources by now.

I totally expect Playground Games to deliver a precedent-setting quality game for XGS.
Yep, Forza Horizon is polished to perfection and I don't expect anything less from the Fable reboot aka RPG project aka 90+ MC score.

Paragraf

May 31, 2019
Russia
I remember reading that at first Playground were trying to find a big 3rd party publisher for RPG-project. I wonder is this rumor is true?

Last edited:

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Fable always felt more like a Dark Comedy to me. Yes but has childish fantasy elements with chicken chaser etc but it was also dark like sacrificing people to get your dark leaning higher.

A hyper realistic Fable akin to the recent character render stuff that appeared here is not what I want. Make it a new IP or something. Semi realistic/cartoony is what Fable should be. Just lean much more into the the good/evil elements and the passage of time stuff.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
that was from before they were a part of XGS that same RPG team is the one working on the RPG they are working on now, they were going to make one regardless if they found another publisher before Xbox came in.
I see, didn't know that.

Raide that's just a character artwork from one of the artists, doesn't indicate that the game will aim for hyper realism.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
Playing the Rare Replay again with my kids. MS should find someone in rare who can be like a Kevin Fiege to revive these IPs. Don't even give all of them the AAA treatment some would be fine as a proving ground for indie devs and gamepass would have a solid slate of games for the next decade

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Got a nice tip on Reddit just a few moments ago.

So I was having issues with the beta for Xbox Console Streaming. (the remote play one, stream from your own hardware).

Well my issue was that they make you go through a network test for both LAN and WAN. So if your internet upload is shit like mine, you can't even play via LAN only.

Well turns out if you let the test fail, move your cursor over to help or close then hold the buttons: L and R trigger, LB and RB buttons as well as the two joysticks you will get an additional menu to enable console streaming to bypass the mandatory test.

Of course if you have shit upload you still will have an awful experience outside your network but if you just want to play locally like me, you can.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018
Fable always felt more like a Dark Comedy to me. Yes but has childish fantasy elements with chicken chaser etc but it was also dark like sacrificing people to get your dark leaning higher.

A hyper realistic Fable akin to the recent character render stuff that appeared here is not what I want. Make it a new IP or something. Semi realistic/cartoony is what Fable should be. Just lean much more into the the good/evil elements and the passage of time stuff.
Yup, people seems to forget that also to sacrifice people you needed to make them be terrified by you or (even more villainous) love you, so they accept to follow you and that you spend a good portion of your time killing kidnapped children slowly turned into aberrations.
About the Evil/Good things though I'd like it to be more nuanced, not so black/white

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Of course if you have shit upload you still will have an awful experience outside your network but if you just want to play locally like me, you can.
Did you try it? Cause AFAIK (but I might be wrong and it could be smarter than I think), it stills goes over the internet even if you're playing locally, so your upload bandwidth still counts. If you want to use your LAN speeds, you should use OneCast as it masks as streaming to PC.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Did you try it? Cause AFAIK (but I might be wrong and it could be smarter than I think), it stills goes over the internet even if you're playing locally, so your upload bandwidth still counts. If you want to use your LAN speeds, you should use OneCast as it masks as streaming to PC.
I have used it. I don't know why it would go out to the internet. I am on the same network as my Xbox. As for streaming my Console outside my network? No I haven't tried that, but my upload is barely 1. So it would be awful anyway.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you know if I can redeem the key outside the USA? Dunno if XBox codes are region locked, if they are I won't enter the giveaway.
Like wallet credit is region locked.

Codes can be region locked, but if you redeem the code from redeem.microsoft.com all you need to do is change the region on the page itself, no need to mess around with console or account settings. I'm from Europe and the code may be made for European accounts, but I can assure I redeemed dozens of USA codes with that simple trick, as I often get review codes for games that aren't yet on the European store and as such are "completely" blocked from Europe.

Feel free to enter :)

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Codes can be region locked, but if you redeem the code from redeem.microsoft.com all you need to do is change the region on the page itself, no need to mess around with console or account settings. I'm from Europe and the code may be made for European accounts, but I can assure I redeemed dozens of USA codes with that simple trick, as I often get review codes for games that aren't yet on the European store and as such are "completely" blocked from Europe.

Feel free to enter :)
Ok, thanks a lot :)

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

Can't wait!

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
link to this comment pls.

Holy shit. That would mean we might actually get to see it at E3? And if it's indeed very far along....hopefully that increases the chances of seeing gameplay.

I really hope the game takes full advantage of the XSX, but did the team already know a few years ago and thus built the game with that in mind I wonder?

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
kdlduXP.gif

Such an outstanding looking game.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Playground have been working on their RPG since at least Autumn 2017, probably Summer. I'd imagine that this tweet from November 2017 would have been a decent chunk of time after doing initial work. They would, for example, not know their precise space needs for the new game until a decent amount of concept work had been done. They wouldn't be able to allocate office space for the job until they knew the scope of the game.

https://twitter.com/WeArePlayground...m/2017/11/23/playground-games-open-world-rpg/

So an announcement in 2020 for release in 2021 would easily give enough time for a proper AAA effort. I can see the game getting released somewhere in March/April 2021.

jikevgw

Jan 22, 2020
Games that I want for xb series X
Killer instinct 2
Recore 2
RYSE 2
Ninja gaiden 4
Fable 4
Gears 6
Halo infinity
Forza horizon 5 nyc or Tokyo
And since Sony got shenmue and ff7 remake Microsoft
Need to talk to Sega and make a panzer dragoon saga remake

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
link to this comment pls.

Playground's game is very far along, but I wouldn't expect it this year.

To be honest, I'm not surprised, with Matt's recent comments (I think it was him?) about how great the development is going on some projects and this, it seems obvious Fable is being revealed soon. I just hope Microsoft understands that we need to see gameplay. Last year at E3 the big games Halo and Gears had poor on-stage showings because, in a way, we had seen more from them the year before.

A game like Fable could be first announced without gameplay, in theory, because we know what gameplay is like, but this time it's a reboot by a new developer, so show me what this is all about.

I talked about it a little bit, but as cool and intriguing as Everwild's teaser was, I don't think a new IP should be shown without being clear on what to expect. When The Initiative announces their game, show gameplay!

It's a smaller game, but Grounded's trailer Is clear and straightforward. And a lot of features might still be hidden.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
To be completely honest, I'm not a huge fan of the Xbox Game Studios animation and hope they come up with something different than what's essentially a reskinned Marvel Studios intro.

Because they're both so similar, it didn't feel like "Here's this new, quality thing. Get excited!"
It's exciting. Much like the Avengers are the heroes of Marvel, these studios are the heroes of Xbox. They are avenging the Xbox brand from X1 launch. They will bring glory to Xbox.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
XBox Studios in my opinion should focus on providing something different froma mp based games.
We have Halo, Gears which are two military shooters focused on multiplayer, Sea of Thieves is again a mp title, I don't play racing games so I can't speak for Forza. But I'd like a Scalebound revival, very bummed Microsoft closed the project.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
XBox Studios in my opinion should focus on providing something different froma mp based games.
We have Halo, Gears which are two military shooters focused on multiplayer, Sea of Thieves is again a mp title, I don't play racing games so I can't speak for Forza. But I'd like a Scalebound revival, very bummed Microsoft closed the project.
They're going to provide a mix of content both single player and multiplayer. Don't worry.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Disagree that they have to show everything (why?). I don't expect to see Obsidian or inXile new AAA projects for instance. Certainly no Gears 6 teaser.

But I'm pretty we will see Fable :) And there are other wildcards like Compulsion and State of Decay 3. E3 speculation season should be fun!
I wasn't referring to those. Those are prob ages from today.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017

Man, I feel that this game is going to end up being epic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.