• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffog

Feb 5, 2018
Yep, I'm in Melbourne, and couldn't get over that 125ms hurdle, whatever I tried... until a kind soul on Whirlpool pointed out this trick: when on the failed test results screen, press all four shoulder buttons and triggers together - this should present an additional button with which to enable streaming, overriding the test result.

Have found streaming to work very well, despite not legitimately passing the test benchmark, so the test itself is a little flawed and unrepresentative of real-world performance, it seems (no doubt due to the geographical shenanigans at play for those of us on the other side of the world).

I hope this works for you!
Oh brilliant! I will try that for sure. Thanks mate. Yeah seems super weird to keep getting such high results when I get way lower latency on literally every other test I do, including to Azure servers.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Oh brilliant! I will try that for sure. Thanks mate. Yeah seems super weird to keep getting such high results when I get way lower latency on literally every other test I do, including to Azure servers.

I wonder if they haven't deployed Xbox blades in the data centers for the region and they're using the Korean servers or something so they can get the preview out without having to physically deploy, which leads the benchmark to think the latency will be too high. Someone on here probably has a map of their coverage that proves me wrong.

Mar 18, 2018
This is excellent news.

Speaking of console streaming, has anyone else (specifically Australians) had any issues with too high latency? Is there an idea where the server it tests from is located?

No matter what I do, I get 129ms latency when doing the console streaming test. Way higher than what I get when actually playing a game. I guess if the test runs to Seattle (a casual 12,000kms from me) then I guess that would explain it.
Yep, I'm in Melbourne, and couldn't get over that 125ms hurdle, whatever I tried... until a kind soul on Whirlpool pointed out this trick: when on the failed test results screen, press all four shoulder buttons and triggers together - this should present an additional button with which to enable streaming, overriding the test result.

Have found streaming to work very well, despite not legitimately passing the test benchmark, so the test itself is a little flawed and unrepresentative of real-world performance, it seems (no doubt due to the geographical shenanigans at play for those of us on the other side of the world).

Same here. Brisbane resident here. Used the triggers trick to set up. Both my wife and I are using console streaming from our home xbox one x consoles on FTTN internet. 100 up, 40 down. She is playing diablo 3 at work while I finished up dishonored 2 high chaos run yesterday.

In home set up is great. 5ghz wireless to phone and Android tablet is brilliant.

Out of home support is good. It takes about 30 seconds for the macroblocking to clear up and have the stream run clean. This is running on our 4G phone mobile data. I believe 5G is a few months away from rolling out in our area so I will be trying that out on my Note 10+

Give it a shot and see how it goes and let me know.

Ffog

Feb 5, 2018
Same here. Brisbane resident here. Used the triggers trick to set up. Both my wife and I are using console streaming from our home xbox one x consoles on FTTN internet. 100 up, 40 down. She is playing diablo 3 at work while I finished up dishonored 2 high chaos run yesterday.

In home set up is great. 5ghz wireless to phone and Android tablet is brilliant.

Out of home support is good. It takes about 30 seconds for the macroblocking to clear up and have the stream run clean. This is running on our 4G phone mobile data. I believe 5G is a few months away from rolling out in our area so I will be trying that out on my Note 10+

I'm in Brissy too, glad to hear it's working well. I've tried the Windows 10 streaming recently and it's brilliant - I tried it years ago and it was a disaster for me, but that could have been a crap PC or network. But keen to give out of home a try. I'm interested in seeing how it goes for input sensitive games.

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017

There are still so many indy's that never made it to the console for weird reasons:

Invisible Inc.
Runner 3
Transister
Pyre
The Messenger
Nuclear Throne
Katana Zero
Galak-Z
Jamestown+

I guess either some of these devs were soured by the time there was the "parity clause" or they had deals with Playstation but I feel like with exception of Katana Zero it's been long enough that these games should be on Xbox One already given that Gamepass is another way to promote your game with Xcloud being in the wings.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Transistor and Pyre is weird, since it seemed like Bastion did pretty well on 360.

Seems like Iconoclasts is finally coming to Xbox soon too, so maybe we'll get a bunch of random shit that skipped it as the gen ends.

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
Transistor and Pyre is weird, since it seemed like Bastion did pretty well on 360.

Seems like Iconoclasts is finally coming to Xbox soon too, so maybe we'll get a bunch of random shit that skipped it as the gen ends.
Interestingly Bastion is the only one that got ported to Xbox One and it was by a different studio.

Glad Iconoclasts is coming to Xbox though, was interested in buying that one on PS4 when there was a sale but I just never got around to checking. I do own all those other games I mentioned on PS4 which is why i thought them not being on XBox One years later stuck out to me as bizarre when they're practically everywhere else.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Bastion had WB backing. At least on PC it's credited as published by WB (GOG version).

Everything else SuperGiant did was self-published.

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
Bastion had WB backing. At least on PC it's credited as published by WB (GOG version).

Everything else SuperGiant did was self-published.
That makes sense as to why it was able to be ported to Xbox, still it sucks Transistor and Pyre never made it.

I think Greg Kasavin mentioned it was because they wanted to move onto other games and they didn't have the bandwidth to port those to Xbox but I've seen plenty of indy's support multiple consoles even if it was at a later date so I don't like how they just excluded the platform altogether since Xbox owners miss out on 2 cool games.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That makes sense as to why it was able to be ported to Xbox, still it sucks Transistor and Pyre never made it.

I think Greg Kasavin mentioned it was because they wanted to move onto other games and they didn't have the bandwidth to port those to Xbox but I've seen plenty of indy's support multiple consoles even if it was at a later date so I don't like how they just excluded the platform altogether since Xbox owners miss out on 2 cool games.

Yeah really loved Bastion and while I have Transistor and Pyre on PC I still would love to see them on Xbox.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Some minor Rare news with potentially huge implications: Mike Chapman has become a creative director on Sea of Thieves. His former role on SoT was as the design director.

What makes this interesting is that Gregg Mayles was the original creative director on SoT. Now, it's possible that both Gregg and Mike are creative directors on Sea of Thieves. ...but it's also possible that Gregg has moved on to his next new project. If he was working on Everwild, we would have known about it by now. Plus, Simon Woodroffe is the creative director on EW.

Interesting find. How big does a live service team typically need to be compared to the full dev team for Sea of Thieves, anyone know?

While it may not seem long ago, remember that MS at the beginning of E3 2018 was very different than the MS of today. They were trying to show their commitment to Xbox by revealing their hand a bit. Recall that Phil also brought up Playground's new IP, and Project Scarlett (though, not by name) at E3 2018. A teaser for the next Halo game, which is to be the biggest yet, was fitting. In addition to the all-new engine that will power it. E3 2020 will be the blowout of information for all of these things.

Yep, agreed. They were coming off some very weak years and needed to show commitment. Probably would have preferred to hold Halo until 2019.

There was a tweet by the German PR girl earlier today where she was playing Rainbow 6 via Xbox console streaming on iOS.

1854fcde-78a0-4fac-8askxj.jpeg

Well, guess what. Tweet got deleted.

Seems like this was just an internal preview. Good to see it's already running on iOS though.

Sorry, I didn't save the attached video of her playing. Looked great though

Wouldn't be surprised to see iOS preview go live soon then!

A Plague Tale: Innocence is up on console game pass now, I almost bought it about 300 times haha.

I gave in two weeks ago :( I'll tell myself it's good to support the devs...

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Interesting find. How big does a live service team typically need to be compared to the full dev team for Sea of Thieves, anyone know?

Yep, agreed. They were coming off some very weak years and needed to show commitment. Probably would have preferred to hold Halo until 2019.

Wouldn't be surprised to see iOS preview go live soon then!

I gave in two weeks ago :( I'll tell myself it's good to support the devs...
TBF it will leave gamepass sooner or later so now you have it permanently.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
They're within 30% of each other, in general if you can get a game to run at 1080p on PS4, you can get it to run on XB1 at 900p with the same framerate. Meanwhile PC gamers have been running those same games at 1440p at 100fps and at much higher detail settings. You have to look at those platforms with a 2013 console warrior mentality to consider differenes between them to be significant from today's vantage point.

Difference is bigger as it has been said many times in next gen thread. GPU alone is 50% better in PS4 than Xbox One and then there is memory too that heavily favors PS4.

The difference is pretty big.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
Ah tekken. I absolutely adored that game back in the PS1/2 days. Booted up Tekken6 from GWG and found it utterly banal. As I do with all 1on1 fighting games, nowadays - Marvel vs Capcom included. Perhaps it's because i no longer have the reflexes, nor the time to (re)learn any combos. I don't know how you reinvent these games for people like me.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018

Might not be a big deal but here.

Assuming they release a podcast every 3 days it should be February 6th.

Last edited:

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
Is there free beta for bleeding Edge or something, because i can download it on gamepass?
Preload for full game I believe

Edit: i lied?

• Access to the Bleeding Edge Closed Beta in 2020:
  • Closed Beta 1 on February 14th
  • Closed Beta 2 on March 13th
Be the first to play Bleeding Edge before it launches on March 24th!

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
There was a tweet by the German PR girl earlier today where she was playing Rainbow 6 via Xbox console streaming on iOS.

1854fcde-78a0-4fac-8askxj.jpeg

Well, guess what. Tweet got deleted.

Seems like this was just an internal preview. Good to see it's already running on iOS though.

Sorry, I didn't save the attached video of her playing. Looked great though

can't wait!

Ffog

Feb 5, 2018

Thanks for the help team. This worked a treat. For some reason it took ages to actually work. I was tapping all triggers and bumpers, holding them in, turning them on in various orders. All to no result. And then all of a sudden I tried and it just worked.

So far I've only tried streaming about three metres from the console itself and it worked brilliantly. I tried Hollow Knight, something that needed pretty precise controls and it seemed great. Maybe not perfect, could be a touch slow (like the whole thing not input) but it may have just been my imagination. Looking forward to giving it a crack outside the house tomorrow.

Mar 18, 2018
Thanks for the help team. This worked a treat. For some reason it took ages to actually work. I was tapping all triggers and bumpers, holding them in, turning them on in various orders. All to no result. And then all of a sudden I tried and it just worked.

So far I've only tried streaming about three metres from the console itself and it worked brilliantly. I tried Hollow Knight, something that needed pretty precise controls and it seemed great. Maybe not perfect, could be a touch slow (like the whole thing not input) but it may have just been my imagination. Looking forward to giving it a crack outside the house tomorrow.

I had the same issue when inputting the trigger code. I should have mentioned that it takes a bit to work. I hear you on the slight delay. Once you start playing and go past about 5 or 10 minutes, it just melts away when the game suits. My wife just started playing battlechasers again to finish it. Perfect game in her mind for streaming. Turn based battle system.

I hope you have as good an experience out and about.

Status
Not open for further replies.