• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
felt in the mood to work on some OT banners :)

IMQtV86.gif

7wWL0Az.gif

AkxKM8c.gif

gKM6p8U.gif

It's still a LONG way ahead before anyone can claim the OT since we have to wait until the release date announcment. I do want to share what i've been thinking off as my take on the Infinite banner :)

e9KCbO4.gif

Last edited:

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I really hope Halo Infinite will impress visually speaking, brand new engine and everything. The DF video should be interesting once E3 has happened. But next to visuals I'm also hoping that the animations will be great, do we know if they're working with a new animation system?

And of course next to that, most importantly I just hope the game is going to be awesome. They are going towards open worldish locations now, aren't they? That can be a tricky thing. Hope they pull it off.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
I think a thing they will showcase is with ray tracing on and with it off in scenes of games. Similar to how Minecraft showed that off.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Phil is online playing Puyo Puyo Champions right now, while in Japan. Maybe we'll finally get the English localized version of Puyo Puyo Tetris. :[

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I really hope Halo Infinite will impress visually speaking, brand new engine and everything. The DF video should be interesting once E3 has happened. But next to visuals I'm also hoping that the animations will be great, do we know if they're working with a new animation system?

And of course next to that, most importantly I just hope the game is going to be awesome. They are going towards open worldish locations now, aren't they? That can be a tricky thing. Hope they pull it off.

Well, new engine and all, it's a safe bet that they revamped the whole animation system.

About the open world, it's just speculation at this moment. We had some hints about being more open, but it might as well be just open linear sections, like older Halo titles. And visually, if they improve what was already shown: wow.

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND

IMQtV86.gif

7wWL0Az.gif

It's still a LONG way ahead before anyone can claim the OT since we have to wait until the release date announcment. I do want to share what i've been thinking off as my take on the Infinite banner :)

e9KCbO4.gif
Amazing as always! Great work!^.^

Phil is online playing Puyo Puyo Champions right now, while in Japan. Maybe we'll finally get the English localized version of Puyo Puyo Tetris. :[
I'll take anything at this point.

Sampo

Jan 23, 2019
So with all the rumors of a Japanese studio acquisition, who would you like to see added to XGS? With Platinum recently accepting an investment from Tencent and From Software already being owned by Kadokawa, who's still available?

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So with all the rumors of a Japanese studio acquisition, who would you like to see added to XGS? With Platinum recently accepting an investment from Tencent and From Software already being owned by Kadokawa, who's still available?
I wouldn't call it rumors but officially statements by Phil.

EMvNTFvX0AAHLKk

I think we can reduce "Asia" to South Korea + Japan, because this is where they'll be looking at.

There are quite a lot of options here.

Japanese Indie Studios:

- Platinum Games (but as you said unlikely)
- CyberConnect2
- Arc System Works
- Cave
- Tri-Ace (may be owned)
- Q Entertainment
- Mistwalker
- White Owls
- Acquire
- Comcept Inc (owned by Level-5 I think)
- Grounding Inc
- Experience Inc
- JP Games
- Nihon Falcom
- Kojima Productions (ha!)

There may also be a scenario in which you acquire a non-independent studio if the owner wants to do so as well, e.g. Comcept Inc from Level-5 or Team Ninja from Koei Tecmo, just as examples.

Not an easy task for the XGS team. But I expect to see something this year.

Last edited:

LevCortez

Jan 12, 2020
They've had 5 years to make Infinite. If it still won't be enough, then I wonder how many time will be enough for them to make Halo game that will be considered as good as Bungie stuff. It's now or never for 343i. If they are not doing it with Infinite, then I think that there is no way, Halo fanbase will ever believe them that they are capable of making such a good Halo game.
I'am pretty confident that they are on time. As they wanted to have the splipspace engine to be more flexible and artist friendly to iterate things faster. The 2018 Trailer was build in engine relativily quickly, as they mentioned the concepts stand in february. January last year Frank O'Connor stated he like the way the current multiplayer build plays. Bonnie Ross stated early 2019 how they iterate ideas in their sandbox mode all the time (in relation to the question if they consider BR). Forge mode also seems in a pretty advanced state. They have a over 100+ Team from skybox since 2018 atleast and finalizing support from sperasoft.
And the remaining job listings for the co-developer just focused on things you do for the round up. Animator, Rigger, Level Artist, 2D artist and Dev for Serversystems. They seemed to have alot of azure integration for the new engine, as it seems to be build around the idea having this quicker addition/iterations.
In the end we have to see. But with all the ressources they put into this i excpect their is a lot of quality testing even more as it is the launch title.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

IMQtV86.gif

7wWL0Az.gif

e9KCbO4.gif

I'm real curious to see what you turn that Infinite one into once we get some more footage

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
I think Microsoft only needs 4 more studios to round out their team to perfection (for my tastes).

1. Remedy (AAA story-driven action games)
  2. Dontnod (AA story-driven adventure/puzzle games)
  3. White Owls (AA quirky adventure/puzzle games)
  4. The Initiative-esque, built-from-the-ground-up, JRPG studio located in Japan

Their 1st party group would then look like:

1. 343 Industries
  2. Compulsion Games
  3. Dontnod Entertainment
  4. Double Fine
  5. inXile Entertainment
  6. JRPG Studio
  7. Mojang
  8. Ninja Theory
  9. Obsidian Entertainment
  10. Playground Games
  11. Rare
  12. Remedy Entertainment
  13. The Coalition
  14. The Initiative
  15. Turn10 Studios
  16. Undead Labs
  17. White Owls Inc.
  18. World's Edge
  19. Xbox Game Studios Publishing

LevCortez

Jan 12, 2020
I think Microsoft only needs 4 more studios to round out their team to perfection (for my tastes).

1. 343 Industries
  2. Compulsion Games
  3. Dontnod Entertainment
  4. Double Fine
  5. inXile Entertainment
  6. JRPG Studio
  7. Mojang
  8. Ninja Theory
  10. Playground Games
  11. Rare
  12. Remedy Entertainment
  13. The Coalition
  14. The Initiative
  15. Turn10 Studios
  16. Undead Labs
  17. White Owls Inc.
  18. World's Edge
If Relic don't screw Age of Empires up, they could be added as a AAA RTS Studio. (:
edit: Asobo to continue flight sim is also welcome, even more if the second team drops more of The Plague Tale.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018

1. 343 Industries
  2. Compulsion Games
  3. Dontnod Entertainment
  4. Double Fine
  5. inXile Entertainment
  6. JRPG Studio
  7. Mojang
  8. Ninja Theory
  10. Playground Games
  11. Rare
  12. Remedy Entertainment
  13. The Coalition
  14. The Initiative
  15. Turn10 Studios
  16. Undead Labs
  17. White Owls Inc.
  18. World's Edge
I would like to see them get more studios but they don't need more. They just need to focus on putting out quality titles/growing and feeding these ambitious teams. Anything more than that is gravy.

Redesigned83

Jul 9, 2018
I don't want to sound ignorant but when we're talking about an Asian studio, what style of game/story is being referenced? Is there anything specific Asian studio's are known for? As a BIG fan of Platinum and Kojima nothing particularly stands out to me.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I don't want to sound ignorant but when we're talking about an Asian studio, what style of game/story is being referenced? Is there anything specific Asian studio's are known for? As a BIG fan of Platinum and Kojima nothing particularly stands out to me.
Phil just wants to be their content for Xbox + Game Pass as diverse as possible. And for that, you need content creators that are diverse (worldwide) as well. I think the recent acquisitions and their first projects show that it's not even about the direction of a game - they are giving them all the freedom anyway (obviously everything to a certain extent) - but instead, it's about the creative content these studios can produce. Whether that is a J-RPG, an action- or a fighting-game, I don't think that's too relevant to Phil.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Bloodstained was a great game that obviously needed more resources. Would love to see Xbox partner with them on some level.

Last edited:

Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018
How hard would it be for MS to just start a New Studio in Japan an inviting the best talent in that country to work for them on their own game vs trying to Buy a already known studio ?

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How hard would it be for MS to just start a New Studio in Japan an inviting the best talent in that country to work for them on their own game vs trying to Buy a already known studio ?

i would have to imagine acquiring a studio with a preestablished culture, portfolio of games, and familiarity with any internal tech is easier than building that from the ground up.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Buying a studio with pre-established culture, talent and..
i would have to imagine acquiring a studio with a preestablished culture, portfolio of games, and familiarity with any internal tech is easier than building that from the ground up.
Beat me to it lol

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Didn't block the serial number. Someone's gonna be in trouble. (unless it was uncle Phil :P)

oipic

Oct 25, 2017
Might just be an odd perspective thing, but what's with the curved surface on the bottom of the unit (visible from both the front and rear)? It appears to protrude, resulting in a lack of flat surface for it to 'stand' on - just missing some little rubber feet to compensate for this hump, something like that?

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't call it rumors but officially statements by Phil.

EMvNTFvX0AAHLKk

I think we can reduce "Asia" to South Korea + Japan, because this is where they'll be looking at.

There are quite a lot of options here.

Japanese Indie Studios:

- Platinum Games (but as you said unlikely)
- CyberConnect2
- Arc System Works
- Cave
- Tri-Ace (may be owned)
- Q Entertainment
- Mistwalker
- White Owls
- Acquire
- Comcept Inc (owned by Level-5 I think)
- Grounding Inc
- Experience Inc
- JP Games
- Nihon Falcom
- Kojima Productions (ha!)

There may also be a scenario in which you acquire a non-independent studio if the owner wants to do so as well, e.g. Comcept Inc from Level-5 or Team Ninja from Koei Tecmo, just as examples.

Not an easy task for the XGS team. But I expect to see something this year.

Arc System works would be a huge deal for a number of reasons, but could you imagine an anime killer instinct though

Status
Not open for further replies.