• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
So two days ago, Showtime showed off Chief's suit for the upcoming Halo TV series, but it wasn't released to the public. However, on the IMDB page, I found this image. It's the only one existing from backwards image search, so it may be legit. Might also be a cosplay. Likely not fully painted as the suit is supposedly classic Halo green. Either way, Looks good.

MV5BMzgwY2UwYzktN2E5MC00NDY3LWI2YzYtNzk4ODM4NTQ1NjlhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,665,1000_AL_.jpg

/s, right..?

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Over analysing everything and worrying obsessively over nothing: the thread.

By all accounts, if you lot had insight into Bungie's development processes during Halos 1-3 (esp. Halo 2) you'd be shitting kittens.

It's possible 343 are having severe problems. It's also possible that, like almost any project ever, there are bumps and rougher bits, but the gap between 'this is fine' and 'this is a catastrophe' is fairly large.

Also, Pidgey, Halo 5 had a beta almost a year before. Infinite is much quieter.
Eh, I wouldn't have said that if these were normal issues.

But lots of rough development cycles have lead to fantastic games, and as you point out, Halo has been a prime example of this in the past.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
So two days ago, Showtime showed off Chief's suit for the upcoming Halo TV series, but it wasn't released to the public. However, on the IMDB page, I found this image. It's the only one existing from backwards image search, so it may be legit. Might also be a cosplay. Likely not fully painted as the suit is supposedly classic Halo green. Either way, Looks good.

MV5BMzgwY2UwYzktN2E5MC00NDY3LWI2YzYtNzk4ODM4NTQ1NjlhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,665,1000_AL_.jpg
23719454-funny-picture-of-excited-senior-man-with-big-head-over-dark-background.jpg

dDASTARDLY

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

That's clearly fan made my man lol

Nessii013

May 31, 2019

I thought they showed off Pablo in the suit specifically? This person is too small for it to be real, plus it doesn't look production-grade.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018

Pretty sure that's a cosplay, I mean the background looks like a convention center (that and the helmet looks a bit too big).

Nessii013

May 31, 2019
Oh, shit. How recent is that post from Matt?

Wonder what kind of issues. Creative differences? Engine problems? MP/SP or both? Hopefully nothing to bad. Guess we'll find out at E3 or once we finally play it ourselves.
I feel like every Halo has had troubled development though.

I suspect things are going roughly though given the sheer pressure involved in making a new Halo game that is ALSO launching on next gen consoles and PC, particularly when 343's games haven't had quite the success or nostalgia factor as Bungie's games, AND dealing with the massive amount of lore/story backlog in their world, thus needing to appease a HUGE variety of fans, similar to the Star Wars issue.

What I often find strange is people feeling like 343 doesn't listen to specific fans or things like that, but from what I can tell from people who work there, almost every fan sentiment can be found in some employee at 343.

Halo has to be one of the most difficult franchises to develop for.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

That's definitely cosplay, the people in the background are a dead give away. Any promotional image they showed the press would have at least been on a set. Unless there's a scene in this show where Chief goes to the mall to hit up all the sample stations during lunch, which is possible.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Matt is usually cool on Xbox in general. He's pretty reserved and is seldom excitable. Don't think he's out to get Xbox or anything he's just not overly excited by it.

Matt posted some time ago how he was super hyped about MS strategy going forward.

It's not a Matt thing. Xbox in general is weak sauce this gen. If it weren't for X hardware and Gamepass, this gen would have been the death of Xbox.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Two days ago, very recent

Oh fuck, so he recently heard about these issues? So few months before release? Damn, I don't like that.

I feel like every Halo has had troubled development though.

I suspect things are going roughly though given the sheer pressure involved in making a new Halo game that is ALSO launching on next gen consoles and PC, particularly when 343's games haven't had quite the success or nostalgia factor as Bungie's games, AND dealing with the massive amount of lore/story backlog in their world, thus needing to appease a HUGE variety of fans, similar to the Star Wars issue.

What I often find strange is people feeling like 343 doesn't listen to specific fans or things like that, but from what I can tell from people who work there, almost every fan sentiment can be found in some employee at 343.

Halo has to be one of the most difficult franchises to develop for.

That's absolutely true, there are many things they had to take into account for this game. But man, this is the big one, the system seller for XSX, arguably the biggest Xbox franchise, the one to show XSX off with.

However what Matt also says about other big franchises having had problems but turning out great does soften the worries a little. For all we know several Gears games, maybe also Forza, Uncharted, have had problems too. The question is, where those normal problems or the other?

Hope we hear some positivity soon, we damn need that for this big boy.

Deleted member 43

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Do you happen to have more details about what these problems were/are or nothing concrete?
Sort of like an Uncharted 4 situation. Continuing creative differences that lead to other issues.

But that's just what I've heard, and like I said, that's not unusual for Halo and it's generally worked out in the end.

And if it makes you feel any better, I've heard quite the opposite for a few other projects.

Last edited:

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
IIRC, Halo 2 was partly scrapped and restarted halfway through development.

I don't say this to say, "nothing to worry about!" or anything, just to add a bit more context to the fact that Halo development has rarely gone smoothly.

Oct 25, 2017
Sort of like an Uncharted 4 situation. Continuing creative differences that lead to other issues.

But that's just what I've heard, and like I said, that's not unusual for Halo and it's generally worked out in the end.

And if it makes you feel any better, I've heard quite the opposite for a few other projects.

that's TEASING i'm gonna ban you

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019

Uncharted 4? Well, I absolutely loved that game. Had no idea there had been issues like that.

What do you mean with other projects? Other Xbox projects or multiplatform? Sony?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Sounds like the fanbase of Halo within 343 haha.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017

Have you heard anything about Playground Games' next game? 👀

Deleted member 43

Banned
Oct 24, 2017

Noble

Oct 27, 2017

Could this be the reason Mary Olson left late last year?

Laver

Banned
Mar 30, 2018
Look at how "Bioware magic" worked out for Anthem. There's no Halo magic either, particularly when you consider it's a different developer than the one that barely stitched together the first two Halos for release.

That said, fingers crossed Infinite is a great game. Halo was such an important series for me back in 2004-10, and playing Reach again brought back a ton of memories. Can't wait for the rest of the MCC to hit PC.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
The idea to create universes that start from games is something that is exciting to me too.
when they dropped a clue about wanting to make characters/stories and such similar to how marvel has their characters, that's crazy. to extend a universe with all these branching stories and characters that could be endless. what an approach i never thought id see coming. granted, it wont be like that for every game but maybe a new IP they are world/universe building is why many artists/developers are attracted to what MS is doing moving forward.

maybe im thinking too much into it but i can see the next gears game (as rumored to not be a direct sequel to 5 but a tangent) to introduce us more into the universe/world of SERA.

Oh really, HORROR games in each universe? GEARS HORROR? Halo Flood Horror? (mona lisa please)

Laver

Banned
Mar 30, 2018
The idea to create universes that start from games is something that is exciting to me too.
when they dropped a clue about wanting to make characters/stories and such similar to how marvel has their characters, that's crazy. to extend a universe with all these branching stories and characters that could be endless. what an approach i never thought id see coming. granted, it wont be like that for every game but maybe a new IP they are world/universe building is why many artists/developers are attracted to what MS is doing moving forward.
LOL publishers tried to spin every other game into a cross-media universe back in the second half of 00's, eg. EA with Dead Space, Ubi with Assassin's Creed etc. It can only work semi-organially in a few selected cases I reckon.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Legitimately always puzzled when people use the word 'worried'. Water off a duck's back, baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.