• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
-Phil come on stage, and talk a little bit about xbox and apologize indirectly about the xbox one generation.

I enjoyed a lot of what you said outside of this. This is counterintuitive and serves no one.

Phil and the team have indirectly and directly addressed missteps in the past and they've course corrected heavy since then giving us tons of pro-consumer value in the Xbox ecosystem so beating a dead horse when they're doing well now would make him and the Xbox look weak.

Jan 4, 2018
Frostpunk is a city builder, right?
Hmm... yes but not just a city builder.
The "base" is a city builder, but it also has a strong narrative component and decisions that go further than "this zone will be comercial and it'll connect with the residential with a 4 lane highway"

I'd say it's a city builder/rpg/survival sim mix
It's great

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Hmm... yes but not just a city builder.
The "base" is a city builder, but it also has a strong narrative component and decisions that go further than "this zone will be comercial and it'll connect with the residential with a 4 lane highway"

I'd say it's a city builder/rpg/survival sim mix
It's great
Cool, sounds like my gf will have a new obsession.

Laver

Banned
Mar 30, 2018
Ya, from now on I'll be here in the Xbox thread, easily the best thread on the forum and I'll check some other stuff but leave the next gen thread for what it is.
Many people in the next gen speculation thread have an obvious agenda. They're emotionally invested in a console ecosystem, and they desperately want their preferred successor to be the most powerful console to have the confirmation they they're choosing the best possible option. So every leak/rumour that suggests contrary to their personal wishes gets instantly dismissed as unreliable.

And yeah, it seems to me that it's mostly Playstation fans who are insecure. Two reasons for that would be:
a) XSX is literally twice as big as One X; assuming its cooling system is as efficient, it has to be in order to house really powerful processors. It shows that MS intends to build a platform that pushes the boundaries of what's expected of console hardware at release. It's unknown whether Sony is similarly committed to releasing such a high end product or they're more interested in a traditional, more compact and mass market device
b) even if Microsoft underdelivers with their hardware, any fan of Microsoft games has an option build a PC that would suit their needs. Early Geforce 30 series rumours promise a decent leap over the GF20 series and the next-gen consoles themselves. Sony fans are stuck with whatever platform Sony puts on the market.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
I think Klo and Brad's tweets are likely because they've seen a full spec sheet for Xbox Series X. CES was about the time we started getting concrete console information last time and Phil and other people talking about the finalized hardware yesterday likely means they hit some kind of milestone and are sharing new information with certain partners.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I think Klo and Brad's tweets are likely because they've seen a full spec sheet for Xbox Series X. CES was about the time we started getting concrete console information last time and Phil and other people talking about the finalized hardware yesterday likely means they hit some kind of milestone and are sharing new information with certain partners.
Yeah think so to. Like they tweeted as almost the same time. Like something was released.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019

Aaaah, has nothing to do with squirrels then? Hmmm.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
I think every AAA game from MS is going to have some kind of online component.
Bummer if true. I just want a big awesome new Fable game please. No multiplayer, just Fable.

They have all the proof they need that single player focused games still work today. Witcher 3, Spiderman, God of War... just give me quality role playing experiences.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
We had this discussion already. Like many games a game has online components. Doesnt mean its like right away MP.
Its used for analytics and data also. But if we look at games. Dark Souls has a online component, Death Stranding also. We dont see those are MP games.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
We had this discussion already. Like many games a game has online components. Doesnt mean its like right away MP.
Its used for analytics and data also. But if we look at games. Dark Souls has a online component, Death Stranding also. We dont see those are MP games.

Yep. With Darrell going on about "building the next big thing", I could see them try to elevate the Soulslike/Stranding online interaction to a new/different level. Anyhow, it seems like we'll get our answer sometime this year :)

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I just hope going forward MS' developers don't feel pressured to fit in MP or SP components to their games. If they have a vision for a great MP only game, make a great MP only game. If they have a vision for a great SP only game, make a great SP only game.

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Bummer if true. I just want a big awesome new Fable game please. No multiplayer, just Fable.

They have all the proof they need that single player focused games still work today. Witcher 3, Spiderman, God of War... just give me quality role playing experiences.

Fable is being made by Playground.

The Initiative seems like a new IP.

And even so, if a game has MP mode, the singleplayer is trash?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Lead online doesnt mean it cant be a SP only game.

AndyMc1888

Jul 16, 2019
If it's there and not at the expense of the single player I don't see the issue , halo and gears (with different levels of quality ) have great single player campaigns but also multiplayer choice is a good thing.

the best game of last gen had a multiplayer mode in the last of us , big difference between modes and every game being a service game

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
I'm always in when it comes to co-op. Even in Fable. Just imagine exploring the vast world of Playground's next-gen RPG with a friend or two. Sounds like a fuckton of fun to me.

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
If every game will be on Xcloud they will have online/network devs&engineers to deploy and maintain, regardless of the presence of MP 🤷‍♂️

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
The real rear ports according to Brad Sams. No usb c. One HDMI

xbob-1536x960.png

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just hope going forward MS' developers don't feel pressured to fit in MP or SP components to their games. If they have a vision for a great MP only game, make a great MP only game. If they have a vision for a great SP only game, make a great SP only game.
This is already the case. I don't get these worries after Xbox changed how they manage studios.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019

"Mid-size studio" now? Guess they're not planning to stay small and lean. Cool.

Yep. Last of Us and Doom 2016 were absolute garbage cuz of their multiplayer modes. Imagine how quality they could be if they just focused on single player. .... ...........

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Hellblade 2 is a SP only title. Grounded is a game made by 8 developers inside Obsidian that received full backing of MS to keep developing it, the same can be said of Bleeding Edge.

All of this shows that Microsoft is giving them freedom and resources to develop whatever they want

Deleted member 51306

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
The last 2 main fable games had some form of multiplayer in them. Why is it a big deal if the next one does as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.