• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Ok, I repeat, how is that fair for people that buys MP games?
I'm ok with me paying for the game, you not, but both paying to play online.
If you get to play for free on top of not paying anything for the game while I do I'd feel aggravated and it's strange to me that there's not more people complaining how they're taken advantage of in comparison to F2P players.
As I said, the fair treatment is everybody plays by the same rules. We all pay or no one does. (That could be also applied to Console MP vs PC/Mobile MP too), and that's what I think we should be all asking for

It isn't fair. But everyone isn't getting free online playing because gold brings them so much money, so atleast let free to play games actually be free to play like your biggest competitor does.

Your latter point. Same with Gears.

But people here are constantly telling that multiplayer isn't taking anything away from singleplayer and when people asks for big singleplayer experiences they throw gears and halo as example.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But people here are constantly telling that multiplayer isn't taking anything away from singleplayer and when people asks for big singleplayer experiences they throw gears and halo as example.
LOL I like Halo and Gears and only play the singleplayer campaigns, but as a singleplayer only gamer I would prefer experiences like The Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, The Last of Us, Uncharterd, Tomb Raider, etc... AAA singleplayer only experiences.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Been reading the next gen thread a little and it seems the leaks we've had about PS5 are old, so it can still improve for PS5, if we decide to believe the rumors, that is. Depending on how close it gets to XSX, I do hope that in terms of price MS won't go 100 bucks higher.

The only scenario where I'd be ok and would understand it being 50-100 bucks more if it's more powerful than what the competitor offers. And MS then introducing the Lockhart to sit below PS5 in terms of lower price would be a very smart move.

Hopefully Sony soon has their event, I like clarity. And I hope MS doesn't "mess up" this time, as in charging much more than the competition while the system itself isn't that much more powerful, for a higher price the hardware should be better too.

I expect that if Sony gets close to 12tf as well, they'll price it accordingly too.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Been reading the next gen thread a little and it seems the leaks we've had about PS5 are old, so it can still improve for PS5, if we decide to believe the rumors, that is. Depending on how close it gets to XSX, I do hope that in terms of price MS won't go 100 bucks higher.

The only scenario where I'd be ok and would understand it being 50-100 bucks more if it's more powerful than what the competitor offers. And MS then introducing the Lockhart to sit below PS5 in terms of lower price would be a very smart move.

Hopefully Sony soon has their event, I like clarity. And I hope MS doesn't "mess up" this time, as in charging much more than the competition while the system itself isn't that much more powerful, for a higher price the hardware should be better too.

I expect that if Sony gets close to 12tf as well, they'll price it accordingly too.
I also feel that pricing will be crucial. If both consoles are essentially the same in terms of power, I can see people opting for the cheaper one. Heck, if it wasn't for Halo Infinite, I'd buy a 399$ PS5 over a 499$ Series X. Theoretically speaking of course, we know shit about the power and prices of both consoles.

predrag

Oct 27, 2017
Since you asked kindly...

RoAsdh9.png

And a little bonus.
1jhSG5r.png
Great work! I love how you used sharp blocks. And regarding artworks on the covers, it's clear that Xbox green works great with monochromatic or mono/duotone art. Once you go colorful, like Sunset Overdrive key artwork, it doesn't look good with green bar.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Halo also have heavily story driven SP experience so i dont understand that point. Or are you saying that Halo is focused on multiplayer and singleplayer is on second spot?

Ori at 11 is amazing surrounded by those big games.

Didn't we already go trough this? Money isn't the problem here. Read what Matt wrote about this subject on this thread. Sony isn't buying them and you can all chill.

What did Matt say?

It would only be good news if it's all nonsense. Zenimax is one of those companies I really don't want to be bought by anyone. Release all those games on all the platforms please. I don't mind smaller studios like Ninja Theory and Inxile to be acquired, it was needed apparently too but not a huge ass company that owns many different studios too. Would be like Sony buying Take Two. No please. Same as with MS, no please.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Here's the thing: Sony tries to buy Zenimax and MS bids higher and adds PC support to the mix. They are probably more inclined to go with MS, but honestly, it's crap if it goes to either. MS and Sony's acquisitions have been helping smaller firms survive, grow and thrive or purchasing existing second parties. This is not that. Still, I'll take Sony or MS over Amazon, Apple, Google, Facebook, Tencent, Alibaba or Disney.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
I'm not sure if this was posted here yet. It's about a day old and may not mean much.

I now expect to see Xbox Series X in some slides when they talk about features of Next Gen RDNA. I think there was confirmation from hmng that it isn't RNDA2 though so i dont expect to see it as a highlight during those specifics.
Will they talk about VRS Tier 2 that MS will be using though?
5 more hours until show time.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
User banned (6 months): misogyny, platform warring
If it was a AAA first party game, then I'd might agree with you, but not a 2d platformer/metroidvania that had it's first game already ported to Switch.
hopefully Ori one was just a one off. Xbox allowing their games to other platforms is equal to being a "strawberry " in the hood, fam. Dudes just come about to get a piece of ass and jet. It ain't about nothing - just a quick dip cause they know they can and they know she will. Xbox will be the "strawberry" of the gaming industry if they keep putting their games on competing platforms. They can't possibly want that kind of stigma after all the shit they've been through this gen about their 1st party IP.

Plus, they just bought a bunch of studios. That's like a strawberry changing her life, goes back to school, finds a stable job, cleans herself up, and still let's the dudes drop by to break her off proper and bounce. Shit ain't cool, my guy...

I know the metaphor is kinda extreme but thats how Microsoft appears to me by allowing their Ip's to go on competing platforms. Can't be giving up the goods because you don't know when to say, no. Fuck all that, bruv..

No offense but fuck Switch and PlayStation. They got their own games, devs etc.. Use em!

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Here's the thing: Sony tries to buy Zenimax and MS bids higher and adds PC support to the mix. They are probably more inclined to go with MS, but honestly, it's crap if it goes to either. MS and Sony's acquisitions have been helping smaller firms survive, grow and thrive or purchasing existing second parties. This is not that. Still, I'll take Sony or MS over Amazon, Apple, Google, Facebook, Tencent, Alibaba or Disney.

Sony could also say they do allow PC versions though, but not Xbox and not Switch.

Agreed, please let all this be bullshit. I don't believe the Reddit clown at all, but Kinda Funny did hear a rumor about it last year. Not to say that every single always is true, but still.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
hopefully Ori one was just a one off. Xbox allowing their games to other platforms is equal to being a "strawberry " in the hood, fam. Dudes just come about to get a piece of ass and jet. It ain't about nothing - just a quick dip cause they know they can and they know she will. Xbox will be the "strawberry" of the gaming industry if they keep putting their games on competing platforms. They can't possibly want that kind of stigma after all the shit they've been through this gen about their 1st party IP.

Plus, they just bought a bunch of studios. That's like a strawberry changing her life, goes back to school, finds a stable job, cleans herself up, and still let's the dudes drop by to break her off proper and bounce. Shit ain't cool, my guy...

I know the metaphor is kinda extreme but thats how Microsoft appears to me by allowing their Ip's to go on competing platforms. Can't be giving up the goods because you don't know when to say, no. Fuck all that, bruv..

No offense but fuck Switch and PlayStation. They got their own games, devs etc.. Use em!
LMAO. Switch is not as direct a competitor as PlayStation is. In general I agree with you, but making an exception for a cartoony mascot platformer/metroidvania years later after it's been on PC and Xbox is not that big of a deal and makes the IP and it's fanbase bigger as well as compensates and makes Moon Studios happy which can help in future first party games by the studio.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
LMAO. Switch is not as direct a competitor as PlayStation is. In general I agree with you, but making an exception for a cartoony mascot platformer/metroidvania years later after it's been on PC and Xbox is not that big of a deal and makes the IP and it's fanbase bigger as well as compensates and makes Moon Studios happy which can help in future first party games by the studio.
Bro... If I can get Shaniqua Jones to give up Ori, I can get her to drop me off Gears too. Trust me on that! (wink!)

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
I know some people prefer the quiet approach taken by Sony and they could certainly blow us away with a great launch line-up, but I much prefer.
I now expect to see Xbox Series X in some slides when they talk about features of Next Gen RDNA. I think there was confirmation from hmng that it isn't RNDA2 though so i dont expect to see it as a highlight during those specifics.
Will they talk about VRS Tier 2 that MS will be using though?
5 more hours until show time.

OOh. which keynote specifically should i tune into?

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
I desperately want to see an offroad racing game that takes full advantage of the Series X. I'm basically talking about Motorstorm but on 12 teraflops. My god would that be something.

Having said that I think the best I can hope for anytime soon is Forza Horizon 5 in 2021. I really hope they push harder into the offroad aspects on that one. The dirt track racing are my favorite events in FH4. :)

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
I know some people prefer the quiet approach taken by Sony and they could certainly blow us away with a great launch line-up, but I much prefer.

OOh. which keynote specifically should i tune into?
well, from the next-gen thread, it appears i should keep an eye on the AMD keynote. it's at 2pm PT/5pm ET. We should get more info on whatever enhancements are made with RNDA1, RNDA Next-Gen (powering Series X as rumor suggests) and RDNA2 for their next gen GPUs.

otherwise i'll wait for press releases on all of the TV goodness. 2020 is going to be crazy!

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bro... If I can get Shaniqua Jones to give up Ori, I can get her to drop me off Gears too. Trust me on that! (wink!)
I don't get how you're British, yet you're using African American hood mentality, vernacular English and names to try and prove your point about Ori console exclusivity on Xbox.

Apr 6, 2018
Unpopular opinion: I don't think Sea of Thieves is really different. Yes, it has more content which affect every journey, but I think the core mechanism of the game is still the same.

I really enjoy the game since launch, so it isn't a criticism, but I think it would be strange to give a very different score to the game now. If Sea of Thieves was a 8/10 when it released, it is a 8.5 (or maybe 9/10) now.
The core gameplay loop is heavily changed thanks to the rowboats, arpoons and fire, those are not "content" but layers of strategy
Halo need to have masterpiece game/level design before the emotional things.

That why I trust Chris lee. Game design First.

when he talks about the halo CE spiritual reboot I had tears in my eyes.

I hope they will take inspiration from BOTW.
Because chris lee has proven to be a fine game designer
Hopefully we don't need to wait until May. I would actually die.
Nah, Ori, Bleeding Edge, Minecraft Dungeon and gears tactics would be enough
I'm about 10 hrs into horizon zero dawn on my laptop(psnow). Truely phenomenal.

I remember hearing after it's success that playgrounds fable game had inspiration from it. Was that true? If so I'll be really excited. I would especially love to see a similar art style.
It was just a job description for enviromental artist, so maybe the recruiter searched for someone interested in natural enviroments

Apr 6, 2018
If they don't do another Killer Instinct then they are straight up fools.
As far we knows, Ken Lobb and Adam Isgreen moved onto something different, and I won't call someone fool for preferring AeO to KI
With DMCV doing way better financially and critically and Ninja Theory being a First Party Studio, a DmC sequel will definitely not happen. Thankfully, El Donte is in the past lol
One of the worst revaluations in history of games

It was likely BS if we don't see it soon (sooner than E3 2020) , so I'm sorry for spreading that if it is false.
So you heard something and interpretate it wrongly?

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Halo need to have masterpiece game/level design before the emotional things.

That why I trust Chris lee. Game design First.

when he talks about the halo CE spiritual reboot I had tears in my eyes.

I hope they will take inspiration from BOTW.
They've been "spiritually rebooting" CE for a while now lol. Halo 3 brought back the AR, H3 Pistol looked like the CE Pistol, some campaign nods too like the Warthog run, etc., ODST was the single weapon system and health, Bungie frequently mentioned CE throughout Reach's marketing as well. Bungie and 343 both liked to mention CE for new releases.

So you should likely dial back those tears a bit. Trust me, I've been there far too often when it comes to "It's going to hit the feels CE gave me."

I'm still waiting for Combat Evolved 2

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
so i wonder if they are going to show a game off today as they did mention that they couldnt see an even where they dont show a game

Oct 26, 2018
....idk if I should be offended, I'm from a pretty rough city where it's all ghetto ( Gary, In) and no one even comes close to talking like that.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX

ebfed650da19e73245ba85315f9f27df.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.