• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Tekken 7 is coming to GP? I missed that. Almost bought it the other day.

Yeah, it was announced at X019.

Here's the full list of 2020 GamePass Games that was announced at X019. Definitely it isn't the final list, more games will be added (as GTA V showed that) and it's also missing the XGS games releasing in 2020.

• Carrion (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Cris Tales (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Cyber Shadow (console & PC)
  • Double Kick Heroes (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Edge of Eternity (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Final Fantasy franchise (console & PC)
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Final Fantasy VIII: Remastered
  • Final Fantasy IX
  • Final Fantasy X: HD Remastered
  • Final Fantasy X-2: HD Remastered
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Forager (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Haven (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • It Lurks Below (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Levelhead (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Life Is Strange 2: Episodes 4 & 5 (console)
  • PHOGS (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • She Dreams Elsewhere (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • SkateBIRD (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Streets of Rage 4 (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Scourge Bringer (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Supraland (console) – ID@Xbox
  • Tekken 7 (console)
  • Touhou Luna Nights (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • The Escapists 2 (console)
  • The Red Lantern (console) – ID@Xbox
  • The Red Strings Club (PC)
  • Vambrace: Cold Soul (console & PC)
  • West of Dead (console & PC)
  • Yakuza franchise (console & PC)
  • Yakuza 0
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Sony absolutely has the money to buy Zenimax. I don't think they will, but they do have it.
. Zenimax was valued at 2.5 billion usd a couple years ago. Should be in the 3-6 billion range now. Looks to me like Sony has 8.5 billion in cash on hand. For Sony to spend half their cash on one company would be pretty crazy.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Happy New Year! I know I haven't been my best and I apologize for a lot of my behavior.
I'm excited for 2020 and all of the amazing things gaming will bring us. Bring on Series X!

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Finally finished the 9th tale with my friends in Sea of Thieves.

I feel so sad now that the journey is over. Was incredible seeing this through.
We've had so many laughs, so much stress and tense moments, such wonderful and bonding times. :)

Haven't felt this way about a multiplayer game since WoW.

Deleted member 51306

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
Yeah, it was announced at X019.

Here's the full list of 2020 GamePass Games that was announced at X019. Definitely it isn't the final list, more games will be added (as GTA V showed that) and it's also missing the XGS games releasing in 2020.

• Carrion (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Cris Tales (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Cyber Shadow (console & PC)
  • Double Kick Heroes (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Edge of Eternity (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Final Fantasy franchise (console & PC)
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Final Fantasy VIII: Remastered
  • Final Fantasy IX
  • Final Fantasy X: HD Remastered
  • Final Fantasy X-2: HD Remastered
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Forager (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Haven (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • It Lurks Below (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Levelhead (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Life Is Strange 2: Episodes 4 & 5 (console)
  • PHOGS (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • She Dreams Elsewhere (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • SkateBIRD (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Streets of Rage 4 (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Scourge Bringer (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Supraland (console) – ID@Xbox
  • Tekken 7 (console)
  • Touhou Luna Nights (console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • The Escapists 2 (console)
  • The Red Lantern (console) – ID@Xbox
  • The Red Strings Club (PC)
  • Vambrace: Cold Soul (console & PC)
  • West of Dead (console & PC)
  • Yakuza franchise (console & PC)
  • Yakuza 0
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2
Thanks I missed some of them! I wonder when we will get the January line up.

HgS

Dec 13, 2019
. Zenimax was valued at 2.5 billion usd a couple years ago. Should be in the 3-6 billion range now. Looks to me like Sony has 8.5 billion in cash on hand. For Sony to spend half their cash on one company would be pretty crazy.

Sony has a decent to good corporate credit rating depending on what agency you'd use. They also have a good debt to income ratio so their ability to service debt isn't in doubt either even if rates climb. They'd never buy the company in cash considering how historically low interest rates have remained that would be shockingly uncommon for a large company like that.

They're still not buying Zenimax simply because if for no other reason Zenimax shareholders would want compensation for all the lost PC/Xbox/Switch revenue they'd lose out on. All those big IPs like Fallout and Elder Scrolls are worth way more to Zenimax then they are to Sony. That's plenty enough reason.

Putfire

May 12, 2018
I'm for it, those kind of infos get lost during the show

What kind of bioms could brazil offers?
City like rio, beaches, forests and ?

Oh god what I've done...

to being able to reboot something you need to want to reboot it.
Gears 5 had full three years of development, and they definitely didn't suffer any shortage
Pantanal (flooded area) Cerrado (savannah-like), Caatinga (desert-like). There are also waterfalls, cold places, mountains and various types of architecture..

S3V8

alt account
Banned
Dec 25, 2019
🇬🇧
Oh god what I've done...
What have you done? 😳​
Forgive me if I'm wrong. When I was lurking to the thread I noticed you have big knowledge about Gears of War in-house, at least with Gears 5, like you'd developer or some friend of them. I don't get into it. But do you think there are some chance to come back to Perfect Dark with some help from The Coalition or something like that?​

They'll not change the art style of a complete game over night.
Of course they won't change whole game, but they could change or/and improve some details 🙂

Some innovations for Halo would be nice but ultimately I'm looking for a good Halo game that shows off the power of the Series X really well. I really hope raytracing is in the next-gen version.
I would really like to see 3rd person spin-off. If I remember well It was supossed to have with episodic Halo: Chronicles from Peter Jackson.

Tekken 7 is coming to GP? I missed that. Almost bought it the other day.
Yes, it is.

M3IHF55.jpg

We've had so many laughs, so much stress and tense moments, such wonderful and bonding times. :)

Sea of Thieves should really true single-player mode for this Tales 🙄

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Would you say that RTX really elevates the graphics?
I think it add's a lot more realism to games. The lighting is just better and more realistic. When in a room and the sun or a light source comes in through a window, it lights up only certain parts of the room versus it casting un-realistic light. It is pretty impressive...but damn is it a resource hog and it takes a ton of horsepower to run.

Skedaddle

May 3, 2019
Europe

Was great to see SoT recognised by PC Gamer, throughly deserved :)

12Danny123

Jan 31, 2018
Sony has a decent to good corporate credit rating depending on what agency you'd use. They also have a good debt to income ratio so their ability to service debt isn't in doubt either even if rates climb. They'd never buy the company in cash considering how historically low interest rates have remained that would be shockingly uncommon for a large company like that.

They're still not buying Zenimax simply because if for no other reason Zenimax shareholders would want compensation for all the lost PC/Xbox/Switch revenue they'd lose out on. All those big IPs like Fallout and Elder Scrolls are worth way more to Zenimax then they are to Sony. That's plenty enough reason.

TBH if Microsoft placed an offer I think Zenimax will agree to sell. Imo the reason is because MS has a presence on PC Xbox and also in Cloud gaming.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018

Well zenimax is a private company. But even if it was public I don't see what compensation the shareholders would get beyond the initial purchasing.

Microsoft or anyone else says "here's 5 billion usd". If it's a private company the guy in charge gets all the money unless they have some employees owner structure. If it's a public company it gets divided by the shareholders. But that's it the people being bought wouldn't care beyond making sure their check cashed and they are paid.

S3V8

alt account
Banned
Dec 25, 2019
🇬🇧
Was great to see SoT recognised by PC Gamer, throughly deserved :)

In my opinion, Sea of Thieves – among many others "game as a service" titles – should be obligatory re-reviewed with new scoring after some time. Like this one, it should be when Anniversary Update was released. This is a completely different game when it was originally released and when we look at it now.​

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
he's better than josh holmes

Why do any of us think we know anything about either person and their leadership qualities? How is Chris Lee 'better', other than you wanting it to be true? Games are massive team efforts. Yes, leaders are leaders, but to talk as tho it's as simple as 'trust' or 'better than' is reductive, simplistic, insulting and missing the point. It also implies H5 was some terrible game, which is bullshit.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Why do any of us think we know anything about either person and their leadership qualities? How is Chris Lee 'better', other than you wanting it to be true? Games are massive team efforts. Yes, leaders are leaders, but to talk as tho it's as simple as 'trust' or 'better than' is reductive, simplistic, insulting and missing the point. It also implies H5 was some terrible game, which is bullshit.

Halo Infinite Discover hope Trailer has better character development than halo 5 campaign.

#InChrisLeeWeTrust

Skedaddle

May 3, 2019
Europe
In my opinion, Sea of Thieves – among many others "game as a service" titles – should be obligatory re-reviewed with new scoring after some time. Like this one, it should be when Anniversary Update was released. This is a completely different game when it was originally released and when we look at it now.​

Agree. Unfortunately there are many people that still judge the likes of SoT and No Man's Sky by their reputation on release. Really disheartening seeing comments by people that have not played SoT laugh about the game and anyone that plays it. Feel sorry for these people as they are going to miss out on the most fun game of the generation.

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
Unpopular opinion: I don't think Sea of Thieves is really different. Yes, it has more content which affect every journey, but I think the core mechanism of the game is still the same.

I really enjoy the game since launch, so it isn't a criticism, but I think it would be strange to give a very different score to the game now. If Sea of Thieves was a 8/10 when it released, it is a 8.5 (or maybe 9/10) now.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Unpopular opinion: I don't think Sea of Thieves is really different. Yes, it has more content which affect every journey, but I think the core mechanism of the game is still the same.

I really enjoy the game since launch, so it isn't a criticism, but I think it would be strange to give a very different score to the game now. If Sea of Thieves was a 8/10 when it released, it is a 8.5 (or maybe 9/10) now.

This is what I've always said. The core philosophy is the same. It's stronger with more content, but if you didn't like it back then, you won't now, probably. This isn't a bad thing imo: I've always admired its dedication to that gameplay style, right from the start. It's why I think the launch game was nowhere near as bad as the story now makes out, and as people constantly parrot around here.

Hilbert

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific Northwest!

I don't play Sea of Thieves, but the overwhelming criticism I heard of it was the lack of content.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Yeah. I just think that if MS wants a AAA game day one and has to pay through the nose for it, it'll go through Global Publishing so will be de facto 1st party.

AAA third party will usually want their day in the sun, sales-wise, before jumping into the subscription service.
To return to an earlier question of whether any AAA third party games will launch on game pass: Yes, I think some will this year. BUT. Consider what type of game would most benefit.

Publishers don't want game pass to cannibalize sales on the Xbox or on other platforms, since they make more money through those routes. Game Pass allows this, but the impact will likely be larger for games that would normally have huge followings to begin with - meaning that the biggest AAA games that would be expected to do well on Xbox will tend not to come to game pass quickly.

Still leaves a lot of games. For example, what about games that are unknown quantities - hard to market, maybe new IP. Something like Outer Wilds. Many people won't buy this game. But they'll happily try it out - and then tell their friends to play it.

This goes doubly true if there's a MP component, where having a big MP player pool is critical to success and survival of the game. Bleeding Edge may not have survived as a 3rd party without something like this. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a new battle Royale-type game launch into game pass (if they're still being made) OR even a new fighting game - something like DragonBall FighterZ.

Finally, which third party games currently have absolutely no foothold on Xbox? That's right! JAPANESE GAMES!! Not only are there no sales to cannibalize, but there's a huge mindshare gap where players simply don't expect or look for games on the Xbox platform. Game Pass changes that proposition for publishers in a couple ways. One: it's free marketing. Two: it's free word of mouth from the hardcore crowd, who are also the loudest and most enthusiastic. Three: it's up front, guaranteed money - which makes the porting (or dual development) process much less of a gamble. If this move is successful in drumming up interest, it could even help improve sales on other platforms. You could argue this is why Yakuza is launching (on Xbox) into game pass.

So yes, I do expect to see third party AAAs come to game pass this year. But in specific situations where the game pass proposition fits the needs of the publisher in a win - win. I don't think MS could play enough money to CDPR for cyberpunk.

Skedaddle

May 3, 2019
Europe
This goes doubly true if there's a MP component, where having a big MP player pool is critical to success and survival of the game. Bleeding Edge may not have survived as a 3rd party without something like this. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a new battle Royale-type game launch into game pass (if they're still being made) OR even a new fighting game - something like DragonBall FighterZ.
I have the feeling CrossfireX coming to Game Pass is going to be the next big thing. Believe this could be a system seller and get people signing up to Game Pass in droves!

Bleeding Edge and Grounded not so sure about. Think they are perfect games for Game Pass as this ensures they will always have a player pool but don't feel they will come anywhere close to CrossfireX in popularity.

MrAlderson

Apr 19, 2018
I have the feeling CrossfireX coming to Game Pass is going to be the next big thing. Believe this could be a system seller and get people signing up to Game Pass in droves!

Bleeding Edge and Grounded not so sure about. Think they are perfect games for Game Pass as this ensures they will always have a player pool but don't feel they will come anywhere close to CrossfireX in popularity.
CrossfireX is a Free to play game

Last edited:

S3V8

alt account
Banned
Dec 25, 2019
🇬🇧

It also depends how overall gameplay, gunplay, monetization system, balance, etc. will work. As we know it'll be free-to-play game it could be worrisome. Also, we don't know if Remedy's campaign will be paid (and included in Xbox Game Pass) or free as well. Talking about campaign, it will be something new for Remedy. For the first time something in first person and they're hired as a additional developer, not for an original project. Anyway, I'm looking forward for this game. Maybe it won't be direct competition for Call of Duty or Battlefield but if the whole game will be done well and Microsoft will provide some huge marketing and support then we're alright.​
One little thing. Would be nice to see Xbox Game Studios and Remedy Entertainment together again in splash screen, credits, etc. 😊​

MrAlderson

Apr 19, 2018
Even with Remedy Entertainment working on a single player campaign for the game?
The wording is very funny
" CrossfireX will be the first Crossfire game to come to console, launching on Xbox One in 2020, with unique content for Xbox Game Pass subscribers."
I'll assume the campaign is paid and free to GamePass subscribers the multiplayer and battle royale are the FTP portion

Status
Not open for further replies.