• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
I remember i read Sony going to bought Rockstar in last year.
And guess what, some of people in Era think it's going to happen lmao.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
There was a rumour that MS were going to buy Bethesda not all that long ago. I wouldn't pay any of this too much attention.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I remember i read Sony going to bought Rockstar in last year.
And guess what, some of people in Era think it's going to happen lmao.

It's probably because MS has been so busy getting new studios that we're getting these kinds of crazy rumors. Then again, how many of these smaller devs are even available left to acquire for Sony? They did they they weren't done acquiring studios after Insomniac.

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
GTA V being added to GamePass catalogue right in the first week of the new year?

thats totally expected.

We already know a lot of the games that will be added to the service in 2020, but starting with GTA V is mind-blowing. And then you have the Yakuza Trilogy, all Final Fantasy titles, Tekken 7, Ori, Battletoads... Halo Infinite.

2020 hype train just keeps growing!

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GTA V being added to GamePass catalogue right in the first week of the new year?

thats totally expected.

We already know a lot of the games that will be added to the service in 2020, but starting with GTA V is mind-blowing. And then you have the Yakuza Trilogy, all Final Fantasy titles, Tekken 7, Ori, Battletoads... Halo Infinite.

I think Phil Spencer accidentally let loose Control coming soon to Game Pass too.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
If be surprised if Sony even had the capital to buy all of Zenimax, that'd be a pretty huge deal. Maybe if Zenimax was folding and selling off studios piecemeal.

Even if some crazy series of events led to Zenimax folding, I'd think Bethesda would spin off before being sold. People like Todd Howard and Pete Hines likely wouldn't have a huge amount of trouble rounding up investment and making publishing agreements for Elder Scrolls and Fallout, assuming Zenimax folded completely and the IP returned to their respective studios.

I could even see Id and maybe Machine Games mustering up the support to buy themselves back, there would at least be a bidding war for them between major publishers.

Tango and Arkane would be the really interesting ones, not as hot ticket as Bethesda or Id, but both are great studios and have a lot of potential. There the only two Zenimax studios I'd be okay with getting scooped up by Sony or Microsoft, because I'm afraid they'd just disappear otherwise.

Raider34

Banned
May 8, 2018
United States
If be surprised if Sony even had the capital to buy all of Zenimax, that'd be a pretty huge deal. Maybe if Zenimax was folding and selling off studios piecemeal.

Even if some crazy series of events led to Zenimax folding, I'd think Bethesda would spin off before being sold. People like Todd Howard and Pete Hines likely wouldn't have a huge amount of trouble rounding up investment and making publishing agreements for Elder Scrolls and Fallout, assuming Zenimax folded completely and the IP returned to their respective studios.

I could even see Id and maybe Machine Games mustering up the support to buy themselves back, there would at least be a bidding war for them between major publishers.

Tango and Arkane would be the really interesting ones, not as hot ticket as Bethesda or Id, but both are great studios and have a lot of potential. There the only two Zenimax studios I'd be okay with getting scooped up by Sony or Microsoft, because I'm afraid they'd just disappear otherwise.
Just look at the net figures of Sony stock for last year even with their highest grossing year they only had a net income of 8.6 billion buying zenimax would be more believable if it was Tencent or one of the tech firms buying them I highly doubt Sony would or could take on more overhead debt on while making zenimax available to only one platform that sort of investment would make zero sense

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Sony absolutely has the money to buy Zenimax. I don't think they will, but they do have it.
it's not about the money (they will pay more then what Beth deserve now) but for the return of investment since they will pay more then +6b and they will have so many employees to pay for and so a lot will lost their Jobs....

and that will be the Same for MS

Aug 26, 2019
I really like Arkane. Dishonored and Prey were great. Are there any rumors on what they're up to?

Laver

Banned
Mar 30, 2018
I mentioned them as an example of a big, independent studio with AAA capabilities. I didn't mention them in a "OMG I HOPE MICROSOFT BUYS THEM GUYS" kinda way. It was the first name that came to mind as an example. Maybe Platinum or FROM were better examples.
That didn't stop devs like From Software, Tecmo, Platinum, Square and others to do 3rd party deals with Nintendo or Sony.

CDPR is a very consumer friendly dev, that's true, but they're still a dev that needs money. If any of the Big 3 (Microsoft Sony or Nintendo) comes in offering to fully fund a exclusive game, they definitely will have, at least, talks about accepting the deal.
I think FROM is at this point in the same place as CDPR... They won't sign an exclusive deal with Sony or MS, they'd simply leave too much money on the table. They have an established, dedicated audience on all platforms. Bloodborne did great numbers, but my suspicion is Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro did way better. There must be a reason we haven't seen Bloodborne 2...

Platinum is in a different spot as they've just been accepting contracts from wherever to keep the studio afloat. I believe Nier Automata was their first really successful games commercially.

Tecmo and Square are publishers, they're in a bit different spot then those studios.

Aug 26, 2019
Didn't they just announce a new game? Think it was at E3. Some kind of funky groundhogs day meets Mr and Mrs Smith? Can't remember the name.
I just looked it up, it's called Deathloop. I can't believe I missed that, or maybe I just forgot about it. But we haven't seen gameplay yet so maybe they're saving it for this E3 or at a next-gen console reveal.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think FROM is at this point in the same place as CDPR... They won't sign an exclusive deal with Sony or MS, they'd simply leave too much money on the table. They have an established, dedicated audience on all platforms. Bloodborne did great numbers, but my suspicion is Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro did way better. There must be a reason we haven't seen Bloodborne 2...

Platinum is in a different spot as they've just been accepting contracts from wherever to keep the studio afloat. I believe Nier Automata was their first really successful games commercially.

Tecmo and Square are publishers, they're in a bit different spot then those studios.
From my understanding, Matt suggested Bloodborne was payback to Sony for allowing Dark Souls to exist without any lawsuit claims from Sony for Demon's Souls. I could be remembering it wrong, so somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

LalouiXIX

Dec 28, 2018
From my understanding, Matt suggested Bloodborne was payback to Sony for allowing Dark Souls to exist without any lawsuit claims from Sony for Demon's Souls. I could be remembering it wrong, so somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.
Yeah but Dark Souls is a Bandai Namco IP & not FromSoft's!
So BN are the ones who should provide Bloodborne to Sony & not FromSoft!

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Just look at the net figures of Sony stock for last year even with their highest grossing year they only had a net income of 8.6 billion buying zenimax would be more believable if it was Tencent or one of the tech firms buying them I highly doubt Sony would or could take on more overhead debt on while making zenimax available to only one platform that sort of investment would make zero sense
Of course they could, that's not in question.
it's not about the money (they will pay more then what Beth deserve now) but for the return of investment since they will pay more then +6b and they will have so many employees to pay for and so a lot will lost their Jobs....

This is correct.
I don't think I said that exactly, more that would be an example of the kind of deal that would be made if Sony had right of first refusal for a Demon's Souls sequel, but From wanted to take it multi platform or work with another partner. I don't know specifically that was the situation.

It was in response to that idea that a dev can just create a sequel to a game in all but name to get around right of first refusal. That generally won't fly without an mutual agreement between both parties.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I said that exactly, more that would be an example of the kind of deal that would be made if Sony had right of first refusal for a Demon's Souls sequel, but From wanted to take it multi platform or work with another partner. I don't know specifically that was the situation.

It was in response to that idea that a dev can just create a sequel to a game in all but name to get around right of first refusal. That generally won't fly without an mutual agreement between both parties.
Yeah, that was it. Sorry, I thought you were using that as an example because you knew that's what happened.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Of course they could, that's not in question.

This is correct.

Matt PS5 or XSX more powerful :) ?

Oct 25, 2017

I know. I don't think they will buy them, but the notion that they don't have "money" (which was posted above my post) is absurd.

Apr 6, 2018
I am still not sure about a console reveal before E3. Personally i find them boring. Because games will show what you say. But its close to E3 and then you have showed some stuff already.
So you have like the PS4 and Xbox One reveals. Tech talk with. Wait for E3 to see all of it. Then better dont do a reveal and save everything for E3.
I'm for it, those kind of infos get lost during the show
It's a strong franchise, but I don't see such a strong appeal like Mexico. I currently see Forza primarily Horizon as Microsoft's strongest franchise in Brazil. FM7 had the Rio track as a highlight, I hope that at some point will come out a Horizon in Brazil. I think it would be one of the most diverse maps in the franchise.
What kind of bioms could brazil offers?
City like rio, beaches, forests and ?
If we're talking about new Perfect Dark, that's my take – DYSTOPIAN PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER with deep story; brutal finishers, a bit of sex and sneak elements in the perspective of a third person.
Oh god what I've done...
BOTW innovation vibe for infinite.

Gears 5 was unable to reboot because it only had 2.5 years of development.

But Infinite is another story
to being able to reboot something you need to want to reboot it.
Gears 5 had full three years of development, and they definitely didn't suffer any shortage

S3V8

alt account
Banned
Dec 25, 2019
🇬🇧
Sony and ZeniMax? Yes, yes… Same as they were going to buy Take-Two Interactive, Remedy Entertainment or Microsoft was going to buy EA, VALVE, PUBG Corporation or even CD PROJEKT. Don't waste your time on that bullshits 😉​

The executive producer of Sunset Overdrive is becoming EP again since Jan 2018.
Do you have any confirmation of this and that?

Prediction: Battletoads will launch with Series X and run at 8K/120fps
Prediction: Battleloads will be delayed again, until 2021.

Quite some people don't like the art style, but that's okay.
Actually lot of people don't like that art style and that's NOT okay. Hopefully that's why we don't hear anything new and we don't have any updates because they're working hard on this and they really would like to improve that. Of course only if feedback from gamers is important for the studio.​

qUV41n3.png

Money talks, bullshit walks. He also said he's not in favor of doing Epic Store exclusives, then did them anyway with The Outer Worlds and Borderlands 3. Besides, Rockstar games are MTX dystopias, so he's probably happy to get more people on board.
That's why I like much less Rockstar Games than before for their shitty policy about focusing more on online gaming and MTXs. 7th generation was the best for them. Current one is the worst.​

PS. The Outer Worlds is not Epic Games Store timed exclusive.​

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
I'm for it, those kind of infos get lost during the show

What kind of bioms could brazil offers?
City like rio, beaches, forests and ?

Oh god what I've done...

to being able to reboot something you need to want to reboot it.
Gears 5 had full three years of development, and they definitely didn't suffer any shortage

Even three years It is not enough.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Sony and ZeniMax? Yes, yes… Same as they were going to buy Take-Two Interactive, Remedy Entertainment or Microsoft was going to buy EA, VALVE, PUBG Corporation or even CD PROJEKT. Don't waste your time on that bullshits 😉​

Do you have any confirmation of this and that?

Prediction: Battleloads will be delayed again, until 2021.

Actually lot of people don't like that art style and that's NOT okay. Hopefully that's why we don't hear anything new and we don't have any updates because they're working hard on this and they really would like to improve that. Of course only if feedback from gamers is important for the studio.​

qUV41n3.png

That's why I like much less Rockstar Games than before for their shitty policy about focusing more on online gaming and MTXs. 7th generation was the best for them. Current one is the worst.​

PS. The Outer Worlds is not Epic Games Store timed exclusive.​
They'll not change the art style of a complete game over night.

Aug 26, 2019
Some innovations for Halo would be nice but ultimately I'm looking for a good Halo game that shows off the power of the Series X really well. I really hope raytracing is in the next-gen version.

Deleted member 51306

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 27, 2018

thats totally expected.

Tekken 7 is coming to GP? I missed that. Almost bought it the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.