• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
They'll make it to next-gen launch. But I don't see them lasting much longer.
They can pivot to another model but they're losing half their stores. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind. It will be tough for rural areas here where I live but internet is pretty widely available even in my very very unpopulated state

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been saving my reward points and will just but the XSX directly from Microsoft.

I've got 60k+ just now and want to see how much more I can get before next Fall.

THE_W1TCHER

Oct 28, 2017
So I decided to complete fh3 and it's dlcs before I started fh4. As I was completing hot wheels I kept thinking how are they gonna improve this, it's perfect , im gonna be burned for fh4 and boy, was I wrong. It is improved in every aspect and it's so fun and even more addictive.
Playground is definitely up there with the best studios around the world. It's hard to innovate in racing genre but they keep making fun games. I can't wait for theire rpg game.

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
They'll make it to next-gen launch. But I don't see them lasting much longer.
I've honestly been telling friends to avoid pre-ordering their consoles from GameStop, especially since our local store isn't very high traffic and we have no idea if they'll be closing within the next year.

I'll probably buy mine through Microsoft or one off the big retailers (not Amazon).

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really wish MS could find a Japanese studio to build into making Triple A JRPGs. It would fill so many Japanese game and JRPG fans, plus there aren't any of the Triple A kind besides Final Fantasy.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Damn

EMRIv8WUYAAWcP_

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
Really wish MS could find a Japanese studio to build into making Triple A JRPGs. It would fill so many Japanese game and JRPG fans, plus there aren't any of the Triple A kind besides Final Fantasy.
Honestly if its too difficult to buy a Japanese studio they should just find a well known japanese director and start a studio for him

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
So I decided to complete fh3 and it's dlcs before I started fh4. As I was completing hot wheels I kept thinking how are they gonna improve this, it's perfect , im gonna be burned for fh4 and boy, was I wrong. It is improved in every aspect and it's so fun and even more addictive.
Playground is definitely up there with the best studios around the world. It's hard to innovate in racing genre but they keep making fun games. I can't wait for theire rpg game.
Yes, they won't be given their due though until they do something that's not a racing game. It is BS but it's how it is.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly if its too difficult to buy a Japanese studio they should just find a well known japanese director and start a studio for him
Yes, that would work also. Tabata quit Square Enix and started his own company. MS should see if he's interested to get bought out by them and giving them massive support to make big budget, blockbuster JRPGS.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Just now on Xbox Reddit I saw that Moon Studios' new IP will be an action RPG? Also the page mentions PS4, so it seems it won't be exclusive to Xbox.

Probably nothing new for this thread though, or is it?

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
No, it was already announced to be multiplat.
I mean, it's nice, but not XGS. Now more people can experience Moon's games!
It has been presumed to be multiplat around here.

Agreed. It's always a good thing if more folks get to enjoy it.

Oh also, the post talked about how Moon had been receiving multiple acquisition offers but currently are not interested, partly because they are so confident that this game is going to be a hit.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Hot take: while I love AAA games like the last of us, Gears, Halo, Uncharted, etc., Ori and the Blind Forest has stuck with me for a lot longer and I'm more looking forward to Will of the Wisps than anything else short term. Easily one of my games of the decade.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Hot take: while I love AAA games like the last of us, Gears, Halo, Uncharted, etc., Ori and the Blind Forest has stuck with me for a lot longer and I'm more looking forward to Will of the Wisps than anything else short term. Easily one of my games of the decade.

Yep, same here. I pre-ordered the Will of the Wisps collector's edition from Best Buy even though I have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
I corrected him on the complaints that people have. Calling that "triggered" is about as immature as it gets and kinda fitting for someone with your user name.

Exactly correct. It's no different than there being certain types of movies that audiences are far more interested in than others.
What people are saying on this particular topic is that there's room for more than just cinematic third person narrative story driven one and done spectacles. Sure there's room for those on the Xbox platform, but I know many enjoy AA and Indie games that are just as/ moreseo enjoyable. Not to mention incredible multi player and co op games which the Xbox platform excels at. It's rather tiring reading posts that attempt to throw other genres of games under the radar because they arent Sony-type games, which all seem to resemble each other if Im being honest. Not to say third person narrative games are bad. They aren't! I enjoy them just as well. But holy shit!, gimme something else to wet my pallet with.

I much prefer diversity in my gaming collection.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018

First Ori is best Microsoft exclusive with FH4.

Steverulez

Oct 27, 2017
Ms got plenty of AAA games coming but ms have only one AAAA game coming out in 2020 and that is GOTY 2020 Gears Tactics. Fight me!

BackToKitchen10

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 14, 2019
Gears 5 was fine, but it didn't share the earth for me. Most of the XGS titles next year will be AA fodder, which doesn't excite me much. The thing is, Xbox lacks really big releases. Halo Infinite? Probably will launch with Series X next to PS5 and its collection of exclusive AAA games.

Gears 5 didn't shake the Earth for you but you're excited for another open world game? OK then...

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Even after playing Gears 5, Halo 5, God of War and Spiderman, Outer Wilds is still my game of the gen. I want more games like that.

BackToKitchen10

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 14, 2019
?

If you don't like one FPS game it doesn't mean you can't like other one as example.

Besides Gears 5 isn't really openworld game like Witcher 3 as example.

I was talking about that dude excited for Ghost of Tsushima...but dismissing Gears 5 hence why I said "you're exicited for another open world game" ?

"edit" dude got banned anyway so its moot now

ronabs

Mar 15, 2018
Ori and the Blind Forests is one of those 10/10 games that I don't know anything I'd change, everything fits perfectly for me.

Can't wait for Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
I was talking about that dude excited for Ghost of Tsushima...but dismissing Gears 5 hence why I said "you're exicited for another open world game" ?

"edit" dude got banned anyway so its moot now

Yeah my point still stands? Why couldn't he be exicited about another open world game even If he didn't like gears 5? There are pretty many people who like open world games, but didn't like gears 5 open world segments

Deleted member 45460

Banned
Jun 27, 2018
Going back through Halo, 5's soundtrack is so good but 4's is some of my favorite music of all time. I'm excited for 6 after finding out who would be doing it. My god I cannot wait for Infinite. if I had a top 10 list of most anticipated games it would take up the top 50 spots at this point.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Going back through Halo, 5's soundtrack is so good but 4's is some of my favorite music of all time. I'm excited for 6 after finding out who would be doing it. My god I cannot wait for Infinite. if I had a top 10 list of most anticipated games it would take up the top 50 spots at this point.

Neil Davidge and the sound team at 343i did an amazing job with Halo 4. Shame that it wasn't as well received by fans but I'm starting to see more and more people appreciate what Halo 4 (campaign in particular) did.

Halo Infinite so far used several tracks that sound very similar to the first Halo game. I'm so ready for a new Halo experience :D

Deleted member 45460

Banned
Jun 27, 2018
Neil Davidge and the sound team at 343i did an amazing job with Halo 4. Shame that it wasn't as well received by fans but I'm starting to see more and more people appreciate what Halo 4 (campaign in particular) did.

Halo Infinite so far used several tracks that sound very similar to the first Halo game. I'm so ready for a new Halo experience :D

Yeah the composer working on it made very Halo sounding music before and is incredibly talented. I can't wait to hear his take on the game world.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
I've been thinking about this but would people on this site be interested in a pre-release discussion thread for Halo Infinite? I could get a thread up by January 1st with all the stuff and info (official + rumors) ;)

I wanted to do one for Gears 5 but felt that the place wasn't as interested in Gears as i thought it was :/

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking about this but would people on this site be interested in a pre-release discussion thread for Halo Infinite? I could get a thread up by January 1st with all the stuff and info (official + rumors) ;)

I wanted to do one for Gears 5 but felt that the place wasn't as interested in Gears as i thought it was :/

I think once we get a gameplay reveal then a pre-release discussion would make sense. Right now we really don't have much to go on.

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
I still think halo 4s campaign is the best in the series in terms of story and pacing.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
I still think halo 4s campaign is the best in the series in terms of story and pacing.
Lol, Halo 4's campaign is dumb, i find inconsistencies in every scene, theres always something off about every single scene, just take the intro with Halsey for example, it doesn't feel right, i don't know. I won't say that it feels like fanfic, but is not far from there.
Reach the GOAT

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
Lol, Halo 4's campaign is dumb, i find inconsistencies in every scene, theres always something off about every single scene, just take the intro with Halsey for example, it doesn't feel right, i don't know. I won't say that it feels like fanfic, but is not far from there.
Reach the GOAT
Something off about every scene? Are you flaming/trolling me?

Status
Not open for further replies.