• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2018
Customer: "I'd like to buy the new Xbox"

Cashier: "Which one? The entry-level $299 Xbox or high-end $499 Xbox?"

Customer: "Oh wow, I didn't know there was a $299 one. I could use the leftover $200 to buy games."

Cashier:"Every 1st Party game, including Halo, is available on Xbox Game Pass for just $10/month."

Customer: 🤯
I doubt that the Cashier would say the last part, especially at gamestop

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
I can't be the only one that remembers threads bemoaning the death of AA games. Now it seems that it wasn't AA games being gone, it was AA games on platforms not called Xbox.
Whatever. So far as AAA games go they already announced a new AAA IP in Everwild. What is the current metric to determine AAAness? Is wasteland 3, is gears tactics, is Halo infinite? What qualifier is getting used?

I never thought I'd see this community become so closed-minded about games. Hopefully, it's more a function of console warring than actual distaste for games that aren't AAA narrative games where the camera trails behind the player, not that that's a much better thing for grown adults to be engaging in.

I doubt that the Cashier would say the last part, especially at gamestop

Yeah, that extra money should be carved out for upselling GameStop services, natch.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
ib17e0hiby541.png

buckle up!

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
The design team is just 10 people. Now, I don't know if that means only 10 people working on the game or if that doesn't include say programming and technical leads and stuff. Iono. But there are admin people for sure as well.

It generally wouldn't. Theres probably comparably sized programming and art teams, plus IT and like you said admin staff. There could be some cross over between design, programming and art, and then how flat the org is or isn't could make the lines fuzzier.

Dont give LinkedIn too much value. Anyone can make account and join Initiave or Naughty Dog there and not every employee might be there.

This is true, but the company can also put their size in the "about" section, and the Initiative says "11 - 50 employees". As far as I know that's a manual input, not something the site comes up with, I'm pretty sure I've seen companies with like 10 employees on LinkedIn have a size of 50 - 100 for example.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
The Chiefs Bears is the Sunday Night NFL game today. A teaser trailer dropping in the first quarter could be cool.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
If there was gonna be something. They for sure would have teased more today. Happy to be wrong tho.

tbassett

Jan 8, 2019
I can't be the only one that remembers threads bemoaning the death of AA games. Now it seems that it wasn't AA games being gone, it was AA games on platforms not called Xbox.
Whatever. So far as AAA games go they already announced a new AAA IP in Everwild. What is the current metric to determine AAAness? Is wasteland 3, is gears tactics, is Halo infinite? What qualifier is getting used?

This is a great post. If gamepass is how we can bring back interesting, not quite blockbuster games then it'sone of the best gifts Microsoft will have given to gaming. Some of my favorite games from the past are Jet Set Radio, Mad World in Wii, Lollipop Chainsaw, Vanquish, etc.

I would take those games in a heart beat over the all worshipped AAA 3rd person action/adventure game.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For the industry? Budget.
For this forum? Camera perspective.

I'm confused by your take. No one on this forum denies Halo is AAA, and the camera angle is first person. Production values are what make AAA.

The other consideration is far more about genre than camera perspective. People are asking for action adventure games with good stories. No one here denied Gears 5 being AAA either. But many were disappointed in the quality of its campaign.

Most of the XGS releases next year have smaller production values than what people would consider AAA. And/or their genres are more niche.

Last edited:

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
User Banned (5 days): Antagonising other members
I'm confused by your take. No one on this forum denies Halo is AAA, and the camera angle is first person. It's far more about genre than camera perspective. People are asking for action adventure games with good stories. No one here denied Gears 5 being AAA either. But many were disappointed in the quality of its campaign. Most of the XGS releases next year have smaller production values than what people would consider AAA.

lmao he hella triggered you

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's a demand for big budget blockbuster games on the most powerful consoles between Xbox and Sony. Just like there's a demand for big budget blockbuster movies in theaters.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
lmao he hella triggered you

I corrected him on the complaints that people have. Calling that "triggered" is about as immature as it gets and kinda fitting for someone with your user name.

There's a demand for big budget blockbuster games on the most powerful consoles between Xbox and Sony. Just like there's a demand for big budget blockbuster movies in theaters.

Exactly correct. It's no different than there being certain types of movies that audiences are far more interested in than others.

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
With Gears Tactics in the works, anyone else really want Halo Tactics now?

YES. So many possibilities. You could have it take place before the covenant invasion and fight insurectionists for the first act (one of my fervent wishes for halo.)

Or you could finally have a game that focuses on just the rank and file marines instead of Spartans. I mean I love spartans. But not everything has to be about them. I would love an xcom style setup where we lose like half our marines every mission.

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
I'm looking forward to the Yakuza and Kingdom Heart games in 2020.
Same! I'm not caring too much for KH3, but I'll get back around to it eventually. Sounds like that was the least liked of the three main games, so I don't want to base my feelings of 3 on the rest of the series.

Yakuza I'll be playing day one, can't wait. Really hope we get Persona soon.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Same! I'm not caring too much for KH3, but I'll get back around to it eventually. Sounds like that was the least liked of the three main games, so I don't want to base my feelings of 3 on the rest of the series.

Yakuza I'll be playing day one, can't wait. Really hope we get Persona soon.
I would've bought KH3 during this sale but with the upcoming DLC and the other games coming, I might as well wait and play them in order and buy KH3 much later in a bundled sale with DLC.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Me too. I've played all mainline Kingdom Hearts games in the past, so I didn't have any problem following the events on KH3, but having the Collection on Xbox is awesome.

Yakuza is a game I've been dreaming to play since the PC announcement and it's a sign that things are changing
Yep, I wouldn't be surprised if Persona 4 and 5 is announced on Xbox, PC, and Switch next year.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
YES. So many possibilities. You could have it take place before the covenant invasion and fight insurectionists for the first act (one of my fervent wishes for halo.)

Or you could finally have a game that focuses on just the rank and file marines instead of Spartans. I mean I love spartans. But not everything has to be about them. I would love an xcom style setup where we lose like half our marines every mission.
A Halo tactics with you playing as ODST troops would fit perfectly and be amazing. I cannot fing wait for gears tactics!!!!

Aug 26, 2019
It'll be interesting to see whether GameStop sells Lockhart. Lockhart is basically the grim reaper for them — an all digital next-gen console. Xbox One SADE launches very late in the gen, so it didn't really affect anything.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It'll be interesting to see whether GameStop sells Lockhart. Lockhart is basically the grim reaper for them — an all digital next-gen console. Xbox One SADE launches very late in the gen, so it didn't really affect anything.
Well they can continue living in the past and not sell Lockhart, or they can adapt to fully take advantage of the digital era.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
What kind of world are we living in if video game studios are no longer committed to the secret dates hidden in their trailers?

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
It will be interesting to see if GameStop sells anything this gen

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Does the rumor of Microsoft shopping around in Poland have any credence?

I'd believe the source but I'd also say it doesn't guarantee anything. Just because they're fishing doesn't mean anyone will bite, and they may yet throw back anyone that bites. I'd lay this up alongside when someone at Xbox France said they were always on the look out for studios they could send to Redmond as potential acquisitions, or however that was phrased. Xbox is definitely interested in Europe, and Poland is a really hot place, so let's so now we wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.