• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Oh my bad, didn't production just start? Maybe something quick.
If they do marketing blitz, like always for halo, we're going to see it everywhere.

So thinking about what they still need to talk about:

we still need our flights
E3 blow out
Halo show
Maybe another "hunt the truth" type of media before halo Infinite launches

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
If they do marketing blitz, like always for halo, we're going to see it everywhere.

So thinking about what they still need to talk about:

we still need our flights
E3 blow out
Halo show
Maybe another "hunt the truth" type of media before halo Infinite launches

Considering the Showtime Halo show is supposed to air Q1 2021, they should absolutely have something.

irrational

Nov 15, 2019
Xbox is the make, Series X is the model.

I really don't see how this is confusing. At the end of the day, people will get use to it with time. Once Microsoft starts running ads and I'm assuming announces Series S to go along with X it should clear things up.

Also, I see some people in the community getting de-hyped due to some of the negativity. Remember, the twitter trolls that literally talk to themselves under Xbox posts were never interested in the brand to begin with. They don't represent the larger population of consumers. Don't give it energy. I for one am extremely excited about the future of Xbox!

(speaking of Undead Labs, my community in SOD2 hate each other)

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think there are 10 exclusive games worth listing on Xbox One. It was a miserable gen for Microsoft.

1. Forza Horizon 3
2. Sunset Overdrive
3. Gears 5
4. Ori
5. Quantum Break

Jul 17, 2018
Anyone here just taking it in at how NIGHT AND DAY the reveal of an Xbox console in 2013 vs now? MS already delivered a nice jab and now with E3 2020 they need a GOOD haymaker.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
Felt like that since late 2016 for me. All thanks to garbage skill based matchmaking in social.

I only really have long wait times when there's a hot new thing out. 90% of the time, I get matched reasonably quickly.

Every now and then, though, there's a night like tonight.

It probably doesn't help that I'm playing Halo at 3am on a Monday 😅

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I'm watching the newest video made by WCGaming, and I must say that I never noticed how Halo 3 had amazing water effects. But I guess it's Bioshock fault, as after I finished it, I thought that nothing could be better than the water effects on it. Also our squirrel friend provided the footage used.

For me it's IG best game this gen.

So inventive, so stylish.

Fully agree with you. Sunset Overdrive was a blast, loved the Dev videos and voting mechanic.

Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't the creator of SO working on The Initiative now?

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Uh, will of the wisps is on gamepass? Installing now, lol

lAMC0VM.jpg

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone here just taking it in at how NIGHT AND DAY the reveal of an Xbox console in 2013 vs now? MS already delivered a nice jab and now with E3 2020 they need a GOOD haymaker.
They need something before E3. If the only thing we get was the Game Awards thing and nothing more from them until E3 that would be a disaster imho. I think they have things planned out so information/news/features are talked about throughout the time before E3. E3 will be the big blowout, pricing, release date and tons of games. Up until E3 I think we will get a tech centered presentation, perhaps some features and how BC works on the Series X.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
We're definitely going to need to see Halo Infinite before E3 if 343 has any intent of having a proper beta/flight for it.

Sampo

Jan 23, 2019
I tried to compile a complete list of what all the XGS teams are working on. The studios are listed in alphabetical order. "__" indicates presumed title of game.

- Halo Infinite

Compulsion
- Unannounced game

Double Fine
- Psychonauts 2
- Probably more projects as well given the studio has previously worked on multiple projects at a time ("Brütal Legend 2"?)

inXile
- Wasteland 3
- Unannounced action RPG

Mojang
- Minecraft Dungeons
- Minecraft continued support

Ninja Theory
- Bleeding Edge
- Senua's Saga: Hellblade II
- Unannounced game(s) (at E3 they said they have started work on, "a number of new games" implying more than 2)

Obsidian
- Grounded (Pillars team moved onto this right?)
- Unannounced game (the one Microsoft was supposedly high on pre-acquisition)
- "The Outer Worlds 2" (after Outer Worlds DLC)
- Maybe something else as well? (Feargus Urquhart said in a game informer interview they have, "two other teams starting things up" not counting TOW team or Pillars team. If he's counting Grounded as one of the two then scratch this one off the list, but I don't think so because I think the Pillars team is the small team that moved onto Grounded. Maybe I'm overthinking it idk)

Playground
- "Forza Horizon 5"
- Open world RPG: "Fable IV" (or some sort of reboot)

Rare
- Everwild
- Battletoads (with Dlala)
- Sea of Thieves continued support

The Coalition
- "Gears 6"
- Gears Tactics (with Splash Damage)

The Initiative
- Unannounced debut game (Xbox's ace in the hole)

Turn 10
- "Forza Motorsport 8"

Undead Labs
- "State of Decay 3"

World's Edge
- Age of Empires IV (with Relic)
- "Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition"?

XGS Global Publishing
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Moon)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (Asobo)
- CrossfireX (Smilegate+Remedy)
- Tell Me Why (DONTNOD)

Am I forgetting anything?

Last edited:

isaaccs

Banned
Apr 12, 2019

I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but look at the description:
Music from Senua's Saga: Hellblade II (2020) published by Xbox Game Studios.
The Xbox Game Studios OST YouTube channel might have gotten Hellblade II's release year a little wrong...

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Every Microsoft game since Crackdown 3 has had a similar preload. People complained that you couldn't preload game pass games before that, so with crackdown and later, they just added ability to put the game in your library whenever the store page goes up and the preorders go live. It will push down the bits automatically when its about to launch. Assuming you have auto updates / downloads enabled.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018
I think Inxile, Compulsion Games and Undead labs will be top studio next gen
And are going to make games with a really successful visual.

Undead Labs now has several tech director, Chief technology officer etc ...

Inxile have recruiting graphics engineer and tech director

Compulsion games he recruited several graphics engineers and Guillaume provost is a graphics programmer

The studio I'm most looking forward to is Undead Labs because Jeff strain is inspired by the culture of Rockstar Games, SOD 3 will shock more than one!

And I remember when Undead labs listed 30 jobs he said this in the job offer.
Wow I did not even know this! Tho the studio I am looking forward to the most is Obsidian Games. But it seems Undead Labs have been overlooked a lot.

Hubi

Nov 13, 2017
Obsidian making a Mass-Effect-like RPG in Halo Universe, Compulsion a Division-styled-Game in Halo Universe. I could live with that

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
I'd love a Destiny-like game for Halo. Doubt it'll ever really happen. Look at how Ghost Recon's community reacted when their franchise went all Destiny-like. I'd personally love it but I understand it's not what everyone wants.

august

Dec 24, 2018
I tried to compile a complete list of what all the XGS teams are working on. The studios are listed in alphabetical order. "__" indicates presumed title of game.

- Halo Infinite

Compulsion
- Unannounced game

Double Fine
- Psychonauts 2
- Probably more projects as well given the studio has previously worked on multiple projects at a time ("Brütal Legend 2"?)

inXile
- Wasteland 3
- Unannounced action RPG

Mojang
- Minecraft Dungeons

Ninja Theory
- Bleeding Edge
- Unannounced game(s) (at E3 they said they have started work on, "a number of new games" implying more than 2)

Obsidian
- Maybe something else as well? (Feargus Urquhart said in a game informer interview they have, "two other teams starting things up" not counting TOW team or Pillars team. If he's counting Grounded as one of the two then scratch this one off the list, but I don't think so because I think the Pillars team is the small team that moved onto Grounded. Maybe I'm overthinking it idk)

Playground
- "Forza Horizon 5"

Rare
- Everwild

The Coalition
- "Gears 6"

The Initiative

Turn 10
- "Forza Motorsport 8"

Undead Labs
- "State of Decay 3"

World's Edge

XGS Global Publishing
- Tell Me Why (DONTNOD)

You're forgetting the potential Perfect Dark game by The Coalition

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019

- Halo Infinite

Compulsion
- Unannounced game

Double Fine
- Psychonauts 2

inXile
- Wasteland 3
- Unannounced action RPG

Mojang
- Minecraft Dungeons

Ninja Theory
- Bleeding Edge

Obsidian

Playground
- "Forza Horizon 5"

Rare
- Everwild

The Coalition
- "Gears 6"

The Initiative

Turn 10
- "Forza Motorsport 8"

Undead Labs
- "State of Decay 3"

World's Edge

XGS Global Publishing
- Tell Me Why (DONTNOD)

InXile is also doing Wasteland 1 remastered, and mojang is developing minecraft earth

DaeJim

Founder LifeisXbox.eu
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think there are 10 exclusive games worth listing on Xbox One. It was a miserable gen for Microsoft.

1. Forza Horizon 3
2. Sunset Overdrive
3. Gears 5
4. Ori
5. Quantum Break

(In no specific order)
Forza 7, Forza Horizon 4, Gears 4, D4, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Zoo Tycoon, Rare Replay, Master Chief Collection and my personal favorite Ryse.

It wasnt that bad tbh.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018

- Halo Infinite

Compulsion
- Unannounced game

Double Fine
- Psychonauts 2

inXile
- Wasteland 3
- Unannounced action RPG

Mojang
- Minecraft Dungeons

Ninja Theory
- Bleeding Edge

Obsidian

Playground
- "Forza Horizon 5"

Rare
- Everwild

The Coalition
- "Gears 6"

The Initiative

Turn 10
- "Forza Motorsport 8"

Undead Labs
- "State of Decay 3"

World's Edge

XGS Global Publishing
- Tell Me Why (DONTNOD)

Though you didn't list all projects and teams (but almost), that means we actually don't have so many games left to be announced at E3, right? I bet we'll see some more Global Publishing partnerships next year.

Sampo

Jan 23, 2019
Wow that list was long as fuck and I was still missing a few games. I don't think Sony will be able to keep up with the quantity of Xbox's first party output next gen. Quality is what matters most, though, so we'll see how Xbox fares. I think having a large family of studios will allow for games to cook for longer, so I'm optimistic XGS will create incredible games in the future. We need some game of the year contenders out of XGS and I think the likes of The Initiative and Ninja Theory can deliver on that. And who knows, maybe Halo Infinite just blows everyone away and can compete for GOTY with TLOU2 and Cyberpunk next year. I think it's Cyberpunk's award to lose though.

Status
Not open for further replies.