• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
What do you guys think is gonna be the box tagline for Lockhart if real?
For Series X its Fastest. Most powerful. (wich is btw another hint imo to Lockhart as it is not a hint to PS5 power. They wont do that this early and use the tagline already)

Most accessible? I'm surprised Phil didn't mention anything about accessibility during TGA's.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Most accessible? I'm surprised Phil didn't mention anything about being the most accessible during TGA's.
With series X yeah.
Its a difficult tagline to create. You dont want Series X look bad with "best deal" kinda line or Lockhart look bad without sounding it alot underpowered then Series X.

Aug 26, 2019
What do you guys think is gonna be the box tagline for Lockhart if real?
For Series X its Fastest. Most powerful. (wich is btw another hint imo to Lockhart as it is not a hint to PS5 power. They wont do that this early and use the tagline already)
The 360 Arcade's was "Go Play!"

I like that because it suggests not caring about power or performance, just the games.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
14 XGS games for 2020, fantastic number.

Battletoads
Bleeding Edge
Age of empires 3
Ori
Flight Simulator
Psychonauts 2
Wasteland 3
Wasteland remaster
Minecraft dungeons
Grounded
New Forza
Halo infinite
Tell me Why
Gears tatics

Edit: Hellblade is not from 2020, I had forgotten about Grounded
  1. February: Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  2. March: Bleeding Edge
  3. April: Minecraft Dungeons (also on Switch and PS4)
  4. April: Gears Tactics (PC)
  5. May: Wasteland 3 (published by Deep Silver)
  6. Spring 2020: Grounded
  7. Summer 2020: Tell me Why
  8. Holiday 2020: Halo Infinite
  9. TBA 2020: Psychonauts 2
  10. TBA 2020: Microsoft Flight Simulator
  11. TBA 2020: Wasteland Remaster
  12. TBA 2020: Battletoads

Nov 23, 2018
  1. February: Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  2. March: Bleeding Edge
  3. April: Minecraft Dungeons (also on Switch and PS4)
  4. April: Gears Tactics (PC)
  5. May: Wasteland 3 (published by Deep Silver)
  6. Spring 2020: Grounded
  7. Summer 2020: Tell me Why
  8. Holiday 2020: Halo Infinite
  9. TBA 2020: Psychonauts 2
  10. TBA 2020: Microsoft Flight Simulator
  11. TBA 2020: Wasteland Remaster
  12. TBA 2020: Battletoads
Ori is March now.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
So how many next gen games do you guya think will be on Game Pass when the XSX launch next year? Game Pass is amazing right now mainly because we're deep into the generation so the pool of games is big but do you guys think it will become pretty barebonesfor next gen only games? Can't see many third party publishers/devs put their new shiny games on there, at least for the firat couple of months.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
So how many next gen games do you guya think will be on Game Pass when the XSX launch next year? Game Pass is amazing right now mainly because we're deep into the generation so the pool of games is big but do you guys think it will become pretty barebonesfor next gen only games? Can't see many third party publishers/devs put their new shiny games on there, at least for the firat couple of months.

If backwards compatibility is a given from day 1, probably the catalogue won't see a significant reduction if you're using it on a next gen Xbox.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MS first party launch games for a sec and then gradually more third party. This gen will be compatible for next gen, so you'll still see a good amount of third party games that can be played on XSX.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
i just realized that i'm going to have to buy a physical copy of halo infinite. there is just no way i'm getting XSX day one then sitting and waiting for 24+ hours for a single game to download. oh well, sales +1

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
i just realized that i'm going to have to buy a physical copy of halo infinite. there is just no way i'm getting XSX day one then sitting and waiting for 24+ hours for a single game to download. oh well, sales +1
I would bet good money you'll be able to download the game to a drive prior to launch and just dock it via USB to your new Series X to play straight away.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
I would bet good money you'll be able to download the game to a drive prior to launch and just dock it via USB to your new Series X to play straight away.
100%

Also...don't forget that you will probably be downloading a day one patch. Sooooooooo

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017

I think it depends on if Microsoft stays true to their tradition of going heavy with 2nd party games early in their console's life cycle or not.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Game Pass should and will be stacked with a nice collection of Series X games. Can't imagine Microsoft launching a console without a lineup of exclusive games day 1 on GP.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Halo Infinite + Global Publishing game (something different than KI, not a new IP) in addition to enhancements to already existing games such as Gears, FH4, Ori, etc. I could see Tactics coming out on consoles very closely after launch or even as one of the launch titles.

Like I've said before, with Game Pass it's gonna be way more important to have a steady year-one lineup than a steady day-one lineup. And if there would be like 3-4 games available day-one, people in here would then start arguing that "MS is sending them off to die to launch against a major AAAA game that's gonna steal all the attention". Like we're still talking about Halo which is quite possibly going to be the equivalent of BOTW on Switch. Xbox does have the benefit that all XB1 (and a huge chunk of 360 titles) are available when playing on XSX which was the biggest complaint for the Switch since that launched with like less than 10 titles AFAIK.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Killer Instinct is a Top 3 Xbox series for me, but it pains me how MS and Iron Galaxy do pretty much nothing with the characters. I'd like to see MS show off Jago or Sabrewulf more for Game Pass or general platform marketing. And IG freaking needs to make an arcade mode with character episodes that bring these cool character designs to life. SF, Tekken, and MK are very popular not only for the gameplay but they have characters that become iconic to the fans. KI this gen did a very poor job in that regard because it cared little about developing the actual identities of all the fighters.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dunno mate, maybe 5? And I'm talking about games taking full advantage of the new hardware.
Sure, but only first party Series X games on going to be on Game Pass at first.
FIFA, CoD, AC, NFS and Halo Infinite are pretty much guaranteed. I think Forza 8 and a platformer/fighting game can launch alongside
Yeah, I see Halo Infinite, Forza game, and another XGS game at launch for first party.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
FIFA, CoD, AC, NFS and Halo Infinite are pretty much guaranteed. I think Forza 8 and a platformer/fighting game can launch alongside
Apart of 3rd party games, there will be a hefty lineup of titles available via Game Pass. Microsoft have always had a good selection of exclusives during launch.

Last edited:

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
If Halo Infinite had graphics like Hellbalde 2 I would have considered buying Sex at launch

Heretic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like the direction the studios have been taking and I hope it's a template for all XGS.

1 AAA and 1 AA game. per Studio. Let the teams release a smaller game while the big game is being developed.

If Halo Infinite had graphics like Hellbalde 2 I would have considered buying Sex at launch
It'll be close but remember, Halo Infinite is an Open World-like game. I fully believe Halo Infinite will melt our eyeballs in its own epic way.

mecaguendeu

Oct 16, 2019
Killer Instinct is a Top 3 Xbox series for me, but it pains me how MS and Iron Galaxy do pretty much nothing with the characters. I'd like to see MS show off Jago or Sabrewulf more for Game Pass or general platform marketing. And IG freaking needs to make an arcade mode with character episodes that bring these cool character designs to life. SF, Tekken, and MK are very popular not only for the gameplay but they have characters that become iconic to the fans. KI this gen did a very poor job in that regard because it cared little about developing the actual identities of all the fighters.

Most of new characters were great. I love Hisako, both artistically and her moveset. Her character song is awesome too. Aganos, Sadira and Kan-Ra were cool too.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most of new characters were great. I love Hisako, both artistically and her moveset. Her character song is awesome too. Aganos, Sadira and Kan-Ra were cool too.
I always thought they should make spin off games using KI characters. You could make a survival horror game with Hisako as the main antagonist haunting Ultratech corporation, while you play as an employee trying to survive and make it out of the building.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018

I generally like the roster of KI a lot, but the series doesn't have much personality is what I'm saying. And that is largely because the characters don't really interact and do not have proper development. It wouldn't hurt if MS used them more either. It still is mind boggling how Spinal didn't make a cameo in Sea of Thieves or wasn't part of some quest/event. Especially since he is a Rare character...

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I would be surprised if it doesn't.

Sorry to say, but if the trailer last year is an indication of how it will look.....that's nowhere near as impressive as the environments we saw in the Hellblade trailer. The Halo E3 2018 trailer really doesn't blow me away all that much anymore.

When it comes to the visuals I'm not gonna expect crazy things just yet. Hopefully they'll blow us away at E3. Halo 4 sure as hell did, 5 not nearly as much. And with them insisting on 60fps and also open world now....hopefully that's where the Series X will do some magic. Hopefully I'll be the first game to benefit from Raytracing.

Last edited:

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
I generally like the roster of KI a lot, but the series doesn't have much personality is what I'm saying. And that is largely because the characters don't really interact and do not have proper development. It wouldn't hurt if MS used them more either. It still is mind boggling how Spinal didn't make a cameo in Sea of Thieves or wasn't part of some quest/event. Especially since he is a Rare character...

ooxnugb_1557216515.jpg

1571244019_killer.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.