• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know what actually would be pretty sick? Global Publishing partnering with Platinum Games to reboot Phantom Dust. CCG based skill progression combined with big set-piece action scenes and high flying stylish combat.

Shit.

Now I want it. I want it bad.
I've always thought Platinum Games made the most sense in doing a Phantom Dust reboot, however I know recently Plantinum wanted to lean less on Publisher funded games and IP and focus on more self financed and self owned IP.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
I have a feeling Fable is going to be revealed tonight during TGAs. Wishful thinking? Jez tweeting that Xbox fans need to watch The Game Awards tonight and Phil Spencer appearing means there has to be a big announcement coming.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
I have a feeling Fable is going to be revealed tonight during TGAs. Wishful thinking? Jez tweeting that Xbox fans need to watch The Game Awards tonight and Phil Spencer appearing means there has to be a big announcement coming.
giphy.gif

I wish...

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, that's wishful thinking. I think revealing a bit more about Scarlett and/or announcing the reveal event is more likely.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
What a year for the service. Seems like MS is really going all-in on the service, at least third-party wise...
With nearly 10+ XGS projects presumably launching in 2020, we'll soon see a lot of in-house games join the service :)

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
It's time for Sekiro.

I think it's unlikely to see that joining XGP since Activision doesn't really seem on board with GP... yet.. Then again, i don't recall a (major) Activision title being GwG either...

I do think that Dark Souls (1/2/3) might be more likely to end up happening... maybe even Elden Ring ;)

damanfra

Jan 24, 2019
Brasil
I think I heard we can see something about Scarlett today on TGA. I just heard something on the Xbox Two podcast a few minutes ago, but I was driving I couldn't understand everything.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's unlikely to see that joining XGP since Activision doesn't really seem on board with GP... yet.. Then again, i don't recall a (major) Activision title being GwG either...

I do think that Dark Souls (1/2/3) might be more likely to end up happening... maybe even Elden Ring ;)

Acitivision has no game beside cod anyway. of course they wont put cod on there. That doesnt mean anything for sekiro.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

Frankly I'd be surprised to see a new game at all, and I'd be positively gobsmacked to see anything even close to that big. Unless we've all been misunderstanding the situation and the next Fable is an isometric top-down ARPG. Which honestly, I'm not outright against.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I think I heard we can see something about Scarlett today on TGA. I just heard something on the Xbox Two podcast a few minutes ago, but I was driving I couldn't understand everything.

Just that we might get a name for the console and date for the reveal event. They didn't seem particularly confident either.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Frankly I'd be surprised to see a new game at all, and I'd be positively gobsmacked to see anything even close to that big. Unless we've all been misunderstanding the situation and the next Fable is an isometric top-down ARPG. Which honestly, I'm not outright against.
I think we will see a new game, I'm not sure it will be Fable or on that level, but I think we will see something. Phil Spencer said at X019 that they will have a new game announcement during every major gaming show going forward due to how many projects they have in development. Matt Booty also said that there are more games in development they haven't talked about "yet in 2019" specifically from Xbox Game Studios.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think we will see a new game, I'm not sure it will be Fable or on that level, but I think we will see something. Phil Spencer said at X019 that they will have a new game announcement during every major gaming show going forward due to how many projects they have in development. Matt Booty also said that there are more games in development they haven't talked about "yet in 2019" specifically from Xbox Game Studios.
If they do announce a new game, I think it's also likely a XGS game with an independent studio.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
dunno if its fable, most likely not, but I think the chances of Xbox announcing a brand new game today are high
I think they're almost 100%. They mentioned at X0 that they couldn't envision not announcing a game at every major event going forward. It would be awfully weird if they said that and failed to deliver at the first opportunity.

I actually think there's a decent chance it's something big. If it's true that they're giving us any sort of Scarlett details, I think Xbox will try to cease the moment and attach it to a big, juicy trailer for next-gen. The sky is the limit, in my opinion. I think it's Banjo, not because I'm a fan or even because I'm excited for Banjo, it just makes the most sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.