• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Cliffy B it's Barlog Level.

Writer/Creative director/World builder/Genius Multiplayer désigner.

I think he has matured, and he can not do shooters like old school.

Give him the key he will build you a world class team of 100 people to make us a new innovative experience.

I want to see him doing a Third Person Fantasy Action / Adventure with dragons and epic Characters,Gameplay and Story.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Cliffy imo would make more sense in the role as someone at Global Publishing. Handing over the keys to a wildcard studio feels like an "unnecessary step".

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018

giphy.gif

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
He's also one of the best shooter designers of all time. Twitter rants and creepy age gap romances aren't really a problem he has anymore.

He would be a boon to whatever project he joins, even in a purely producorial role.
He's one of the best shooter designers of all time, who insulted his previous audience, made two games no one wanted to play, and immediately shuttered his personal studio.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Cliffy B is a highly creative guy, he just needs a whole team and PR to reign him in constantly. I think he has certainly deserved the chance to impress people again but when it comes to talking up the project, it should be someone else that is the face and voice of it.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Xbox needs a lot of things, but a person with a track record of making great multiplayer FPS games isn't one of them. If Bleszinski isn't done making games, then maybe send him a muffin basket or something to try and make sure his next game isn't a PlayStation exclusive. Maybe with some Game Pass branded croissants, just to put the idea in his head. Other than that, doesn't seem like he's worth the trouble, not unless he plans to bring a bunch of Broadway talent in to his next game and make some kind of musical bullet opera.

I enjoyed Lawbreakers. I remember talking to some people at Nexon at the time and they were really disheartened by how it was received, they thought it should have done better just based on the pedigree, but honestly, being a multi-player FPS exclusive to PlayStation and going up against Overwatch, I don't know that it would have been successful even with better PR. It was also kind of confusing to play, Titanfall did some of the same stuff better in my opinion.

And then Radical Heights.... Radical Heights was a choice for sure. Like I get following trends, but he decided to throw his hands up against Epic while also live across the street from them. Bold if nothing else.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017

...I mean, yes. I don't get where the insult is. There's no insult, just an explanation as to why his latest video game didn't make it to the Xbox. There's nothing unreasonable about what he's saying. Perhaps him using the word fanboy was a little too honest? Is what what we're talking about? Or the playful comment about it being called the Xbox XOXO?

I'm not seeing it either.

Prioritizing the PS4 because of its bigger install base is a smart business move. Doesn't mean it's an insult to us Xbox fans.

Yeah, he literally says they could only afford to pick one platform at their team size to start with, so they picked the one with the biggest install base. If a video game not coming to your platform for perfectly logical reasons is an insult to someone, that person very much needs to reevaluate some things.

Like, as someone living in Canada, I often see threads about great deals happening in the US. Then I might check that same retailer's Canadian branch and see they don't have the same deal here, because it would be logistically impossible for them to offer it here, for various reasons including demographics. It would be ridiculous of me to say those companies are just insulting Canadians.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
...I mean, yes. I don't get where the insult is. There's no insult, just an explanation as to why his latest video game didn't make it to the Xbox. There's nothing unreasonable about what he's saying. Perhaps him using the word fanboy was a little too honest? Is what what we're talking about? Or the playful comment about it being called the Xbox XOXO?
Think its quite childish. Maybe not a crazy insult. Just maybe abit lack of respect also.
But kinda makes my point i made that Cliffy B is a walking PR disaster. And you better keep him away from MS. Even more like giving him keys to a new studio lol.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Think its quite childish. Maybe not a crazy insult. Just maybe abit lack of respect also.
But kinda makes my point i made that Cliffy B is a walking PR disaster. And you better keep him away from MS. Even more like giving him keys to a new studio lol.

Yeah, he's not exactly a PR master, that's for sure. But it's nothing that can't be fixed by putting him in the right role, imo.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
Cliffy is a walking PR disaster. Hope MS stays away from him.
I agree with this. The only way I think it makes sense is if he's the writer/creative on a team with a strong director. If they feel they absolutely have to have him ((X) Doubt), the obvious answer is creating a second team at The Coalition, make Cliff's biggest and brightest idea with some veteran talent who won't be afraid to keep him in check and list Rod as the director and give him final say. It seems like Cliff has a lot of respect for Rod. That being said, I can't imagine Microsoft is interested in going down that road and I don't think Cliff is the genius he maybe once was. I think for one reason or another (ego refuses to let him deviate from his vision or not staying plugged in enough to accurately survey the current landscape), it's just not going to happen for him again.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
The guy gave us Gears of War, show some damn respect

gn5reP.gif

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Would love to see a new Cliffy B game on Xbox. He is very creative and has some neat ideas. Needs a solid team and budget.

When he was posting old concepts on Twitter, I remember several being pretty awesome. Would love to see what he could do with MS backing again.

Apr 6, 2018
I'm glad that neither will be underpowered. Seems like the Jaguar CPU really prevented any interesting innovations in physics/AI this generation.
The AI is hold back by debugging and that smarter AI =/= funnier AI
I'm more excited to see The Initiative's game revealed than any other Xbox game for sure. It's supposed to be high budget action/adventure, narrative focused right?
We don't know, they hired a lot of people with a gaas and first person pedegree
Yeah, am just curious what new maps they added for Ranking Mode.
The gladiators arena and the remake of pit, plus the two smaller ones for 2v2
Wow, that was unexpected. Excited to try it out.

Looking at how much they are supporting FH4, wondering if we get FH5 as a Launch Title or FM8?
And if it was a FH4 deluxe? Or even no forza at launch to leave space for infinite and cover another month?
I think Clif still has it in him to make new and great games. Lawbreakers wasn't actually a bad game, it just lacked marketing, was PS console exclusive etc. now granted I don't know if he has a team or anything but your gonna need games 3-4 years from now that fill that action itch unless MS is going to make fears 7, halo 8 etc
The problem with cliffy is that he has great ideas, but he's terrible at developing them without dudes on par with him covering his ass like Rod, or Chirs Easki.
Gears 1 was in development hell 18 months before release before Rod stepped in from msft global publishin
Cliffy B it's Barlog Level.

Writer/Creative director/World builder/Genius Multiplayer désigner.

I think he has matured, and he can not do shooters like old school.

Give him the key he will build you a world class team of 100 people to make us a new innovative experience.

I want to see him doing a Third Person Fantasy Action / Adventure with dragons and epic Characters,Gameplay and Story.
No. He's in cory balrog level because they are both over rated as fuck.
Writer and world builder? Please no, the parts in which he was involved are the worst in that department of gears, he received a LOT of help from people like Joushua Ortega, another dude who wrote parts of 2, judgement, maybe 4 and 5 of which I can't recall the name right now, Karen Traviss with gears 3 and the books. All of them are way more skilled than him in those department.
Plus his genius include the genius of Rod, Chris Eisaki and many others who saved the first gears which was in development hell 18 months before release.
He's like Stan Lee with Jack Kirby, one was the genious , the other took most of the merits because he was famous.
I'm not saying that he's not able to deliver, but when he was at epic he was in the condition of delivering because there was a team full of professionist with big balls around him
Rod is more production guy.

Cliffy is more writer/Creative guy.
Cliffy is not a writer, or at least, he shouldn't be a writer, what he wrote in the past isn't that good, because as I stated above, there were other writers in the previous gears
And Rod heavily impacted the narrative of gears

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
I don't disagree that he has made and still can make great games. I just don't think multi-player shooters is an area where Xbox needs help.

Now again, if he wants to make Unreal Musical, I'm here for it.

That would be funny lol

Why does everyone think he'll make a MP shooter btw? I mean, I get it but he said he wants to create again, do we think other genres are outside of his possibilities?

el_galvon

Jun 13, 2019
Just bought a XBO S All digital, to enjoy with Game Pass and some retro games, I would like to add 360 and OG Xbox to my wishlist for when they eventually get a discount, but this seems not possible.

Is there any place to check discounts for 360 and OG Xbox games? Like psprices.com (with has a Xbox One section, but does not include backward compatible games).

Status
Not open for further replies.