• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
I guess it's possible that Motorsport 5 is far along enoigh to show if Forzatech has been in development the last few years and it's more just content and what not that has only been in the works for a year.

Jan 4, 2018
I was wondering, when (was gonna say "if" but let's trust Phil's Words hahah) FFXIV comes to Xbox, in what form will it be?

I mean, it'l be a "regular" release only? (On sale on the store + own subscription)
Will it come to Game Pass?
If so' how? Base game entirely free + paid expansions and sub?
Base+sub free, paid expansions?

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Saint Phil being nice and keeping VR in the news so people remember it exists.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Forza Horizon has got to have surpassed Motorsport in sales at this point, right? In terms of a game by game average, not totals

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
I was wondering, when (was gonna say "if" but let's trust Phil's Words hahah) FFXIV comes to Xbox, in what form will it be?

I mean, it'l be a "regular" release only? (On sale on the store + own subscription)
Will it come to Game Pass?
If so' how? Base game entirely free + paid expansions and sub?
Base+sub free, paid expansions?

I don't think it'll have anything to do with Game Pass at all. It's already free up to level 35, and then you need to buy+sub. I can't see Squenix wanting to have different offerings on different platforms, so it will be exactly as it currently is on PC and PS4.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Liam Robertson blocked me for not liking him trying to dunk on the accessibility controller accessories

Jan 4, 2018
I don't think it'll have anything to do with Game Pass at all. It's already free up to level 35, and then you need to buy+sub. I can't see Squenix wanting to have different offerings on different platforms, so it will be exactly as it currently is on PC and PS4.
Yes you're probably right, but with Phil using the "what bringing an MMO they've run for years" I though that, since all the other FF will be on GP they might want to include it somehow too.
It's also a game that anyone really wanting to get into it have already on other platforms, so on Xbox it'll have to reach "entirely new players" to put it someway and Game Pass can give that visibility as Black Desert currently and ESO before (I think it's not there, might be wrong) have made too

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
People forget too much that Microsoft has so innovated in the video game industry.

If we would have an XO or E3 exclusively on VR titles the majority of the fan base will be disappointed.

I'm sure that Microsoft is working on some great innovative stuff for the gaming.

predrag

Oct 27, 2017
When VR goes mainstream, MS will just buy some VR platform and that's it. Let the others do beta testing.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Good, good. Better to play catch-up if VR actually explodes as VR enthusiasts have been insisting it will for the past three years than to waste development resources on it imo. Sony's output of exclusives is already strong so they can spare the resources to invest in VR. Microsoft should get its console exclusive output in line before expanding to VR.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
People forget too much that Microsoft has so innovated in the video game industry.

If we would have an XO or E3 exclusively on VR titles the majority of the fan base will be disappointed.

I'm sure that Microsoft is working on some great innovative stuff for the gaming.
*patiently waits for Project Milo and Young Conker on xCloud Game Pass*

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Just let MS do their thing and Sony do their thing honestly. MS has brought/is bringing innovation with Xbox Game Pass and Project xCloud while Sony is going to to do similar innovative stuff with VR. Great for the industry and it's a shame that stuff like this is just being used as console wars fodder but oh well...

Aug 26, 2019
Just let MS do their thing and Sony do their thing honestly. MS has brought/is bringing innovation with Xbox Game Pass and Project xCloud while Sony is going to to do similar innovative stuff with VR. Great for the industry and it's a shame that stuff like this is just being used as console wars fodder but oh well...
I want traditionally good games from both parties and both look like they'll deliver. But I think VR is a waste just like I'm not fond of any of the AA games XGS puts out. I think they both need to focus on massive AAA system-sellers.

UshioRulz

Nov 30, 2017
I'm buying my first ever Xbox console tomorrow and therefore will finally try Halo or Gears!

My question is, should I play every game in order of those sagas? And why Mass Effect 2 and 3 arent on GamePass? :(

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I'm buying my first ever Xbox console tomorrow and therefore will finally try Halo or Gears!

My question is, should I play every game in order of those sagas? And why Mass Effect 2 and 3 arent on GamePass? :(
Mass Effect 2&3 were published by EA whereas the first game was originally published by Microsoft. But you can play Mass Effect 2&3 via EA Access instead.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Let's face it - they are using their experience with Kinect to gauge their involvement with Vr. A Ms/Xbox specific VR would not bring any value to the VR space as Xbox extends to Pc which is already involved with other Vr platforms.
That's how I see it.
There are other creators that will bring justice to VR. Just a different medium to play games.
Xbox,s next thing will be the involvement of hololens. That's when innovation will happen with the screen and can become a shared experience.

example: tv with game , two or more people with a hololens, both seeing the same things appear in front of them in the playroom where the tv can act as a mediator- think of family games.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
I want traditionally good games from both parties and both look like they'll deliver. But I think VR is a waste just like I'm not fond of any of the AA games XGS puts out. I think they both need to focus on massive AAA system-sellers.
Amen. I thought I'm the only one being meh in the face of all that AA cannon fodder.

Last edited:

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
Let's face it - they are using their experience with Kinect to gauge their involvement with Vr. A Ms/Xbox specific VR would not bring any value to the VR space as Xbox extends to Pc which is already involved with other Vr platforms.
That's how I see it.
There are other creators that will bring justice to VR. Just a different medium to play games.
Xbox,s next thing will be the involvement of hololens. That's when innovation will happen with the screen and can become a shared experience.

example: tv with game , two or more people with a hololens, both seeing the same things appear in front of them in the playroom where the tv can act as a mediator- think of family games.
Does Xbox make family games?

Oct 25, 2017

Amen. I thought I'm the only one being meh in the face of all that AA canon fodder.

yikes

a lot of these AA are far more interesting than the generic and samey AAA experiences that have been coming out in the last few years

This might be a controversial opinion, but I'd like to see a mixture of AA, AAA and yes, even A games from Xbox studios.

Clever interesting ideas aren't limited to a specific range of budget.

nah, it's not. It's the best opinion.

Only AAA is boring.

Last edited:

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

agree

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
This might be a controversial opinion, but I'd like to see a mixture of AA, AAA and yes, even A games from Xbox studios.

Clever interesting ideas aren't limited to a specific range of budget.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Keep the AAs coming! We're going to be swimming in unique AA games on Xbox next gen, it's going to be amazing.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
XGS needs to put out a decent quantity of smaller AA or indie-sized games because Game Pass needs a steady flow of Xbox exclusives to retain subscribers. Xbox is also making big AAA stuff like Halo Infinite, The Coalition's game, Fable 4 and Everwild(?) if you only play games that cost over $20 million to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.