• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

When did this get added? I'm really impressed with the amount of content they've continued to put out and the amount they've continued to improve on the worst parts of this game. I really need to go ahead and finish the DLCs sometime soon. Compulsion seems like they've learned and grown a lot just in the last year and I can't wait to see what the whip up next.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

When did this get added? I'm really impressed with the amount of content they've continued to put out and the amount they've continued to improve on the worst parts of this game. I really need to go ahead and finish the DLCs sometime soon. Compulsion seems like they've learned and grown a lot just in the last year and I can't wait to see what the whip up next.

Two days ago. The last expansion of the season pass. Happy Few is now "done"

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Two days ago. The last expansion of the season pass. Happy Few is now "done"
So excited to see what they work on next. Story was awesome but the gameplay just didn't do it for me. I suspect that it had to do with its survival sandbox origins. Hope compulsion does a really focus story oriented FPS ala bio shock next.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
pretty cool indeed, have they fixed the technical issues, tho? I'm still holding on playing because it was a mess last time I checked.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So excited to see what they work on next. Story was awesome but the gameplay just didn't do it for me. I suspect that it had to do with its survival sandbox origins. Hope compulsion does a really focus story oriented FPS ala bio shock next.
There is a gonna be a docu soon. There is a trailer already and already talks abit about the "bioshock thing

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Screw it: I'm throwing my hat in the ring.

Xbox Game Studios |OT7| The Scarlett Abettor

Xbox Game Studios |OT7| Satya and the Phil of the Booty

Xbox Game Studios |OT7| The Scarlett's Better

Xbox Game Studios |OT7| Whisps, Toads and Spiders, Oh My!

Xbox Game Studios |OT7| Layin' Waste to the Competition

Xbox Game Studios |OT7| Demolishing The Stadia

Xbox Game Studios |OT7| Head's Up in the XClouds

Xbox Game Studios |OT7| On the Bleeding Edge of Next-Gen

Xbox Game Studios |OT7| R.I.P. #TEAM20By20

Xbox Game Studios |OT7| A Cruel Ninja's Theory

Xbox Game Studios |OT7|A Rare Initiative was announced from The Coalition of 343 Undead Ninjas at the World's Edge to Craft Fine Playgrounds from Obsidian to Satiatiate the Compulsive Demands of Children Exiled of the 10th Turn on the Road.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
thanks for the nostalgia kick! I did not play the game but I got flash back reading the game informer with condemned on the cover!

511VEa9YmRL.jpg

I really want new game with survival horror like this ..

remember FEAR? Aaaah I miss that game x_x

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Due to the fear mongering: Xbox Game Studios |OT7| How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Game Pass
Due to the influx of Japanese games: Xbox Game Studios |OT7| Game-Pass Is About to E.X.P.L.O.D.E.

Ffog

Feb 5, 2018
OT7 has to be Spencer's Choice or Discover Your Next Favourite OT. Two great options.
I'm also a fan of Scarlett Letter, but maybe save that for close to reveal date?

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of the best games of the generation took upwards of seven years to make
That includes years of pre-pro and incubation, not actual production and usually for new IPs. CoD operates similarly and they get to carry less over, the team size, development time and outsourcing seems pretty typical for the AAA industry. I don't see why anyone would come to this conclusion : "That's what happens when you have rushed timelines and small team developed a huge game."

Nov 11, 2017
That includes years of pre-pro and incubation, not actual production and usually for new IPs. CoD operates similarly and they get to carry less over, the team size, development time and outsourcing seems pretty typical for the AAA industry. I don't see why anyone would come to this conclusion : "That's what happens when you have rushed timelines and small team developed a huge game."
Treyarch has damn near 700 devs this is a bad point. furthermore I wouldn't compare cod to gears anyway, all the studios assist each other

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Treyarch has damn near 700 devs this is a bad point.
Receipts, that is only one example. The Coalition also focused on the campaign, a separate studio developed the multi (splash damage.) I'm not saying the Coalition aren't clearly talented, Rod is obviously a best in the business producer. But they definitely aren't a "small" team and 3 years is a pretty typical AAA production time.

Last edited:

irrational

Nov 15, 2019
Sooo, quick question....With Game Pass is anyone else having a hard time actually finishing games? I've started and stopped so many games lately. Now my backlog is insane lol

I did however complete The Outer Worlds last weekend, but that's just because I love Parvati ❤

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Receipts, thats is also only one example. The Coalition also focused on the campaign, a separate studio developed the multi.

According to the world's foremost leader on business sizes, Wikipedia, Treyarch is sitting around 620 employees.

Didn't Coalition handle pretty much everything for 5 with support studios helping with assets and such while Gears 4 they focused on campaign while (insert studio) did multi?

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
According to the world's foremost leader on business sizes, Wikipedia, Treyarch is sitting around 620 employees.

Didn't Coalition handle pretty much everything for 5 with support studios helping with assets and such while Gears 4 they focused on campaign while (insert studio) did multi?
Spash Damage also did the multi for 5 as well. Coalition just has the multi design leads in house. According to a technical presentation, the Coalition had another 350 devs outside the studio working on the game.

I also updated my post:
Receipts, that is only one example. The Coalition also focused on the campaign, a separate studio developed the multi (splash damage.) I'm not saying the Coalition aren't clearly talented, Rod is obviously a best in the business producer. But they definitely aren't a "small" team and 3 years is a pretty typical AAA production time.

It seems Sledgehammer is smaller than the Coalition, Infinity Ward going by credits is smaller than the Coalition. Treyarch seems to be an outlier with 500+,

Last edited:

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.