• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
"Tell me why" was definitely a surprise that i don't see getting brought up in here despite it being a sort of mix that has been requested before multiple times. Dontnod working with the XGS Publishing team to make a LiS-like game (but this time all episodes available at launch) and also the fact that the game comes out day-one on XGP;

Jan 20, 2019
"Tell me why" was definitely a surprise that i don't see getting brought up in here despite it being a sort of mix that has been requested before multiple times. Dontnod working with the XGS Publishing team to make a LiS-like game (but this time all episodes available at launch) and also the fact that the game comes out day-one on XGP;

I love life is strange, im down to more of it.

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
Probably the game I'm most hyped for from the show, I'm playing through LiS2 right now, and I LOVED the 2 prior ones.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Not really. Looks at Giantbomb. These are plain rude. And then come up with that terrible title also wich he never says is crazy unprofessional.

While i agree that the headline is a bit click-baity, let's not go crazy. I mean even Aaron Greenberg retweeted that interview and even said to people, that that's the interview they should read although he had a lot of Interviews.

Do you really think he would do that, if he thought that the interviewer was unprofessionel? Also, the interview is edited so it is quite possible that the questions seem more direct (unpolite?) since they were shortened.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
While i agree that the headline is a bit click-baity, let's not go crazy. I mean even Aaron Greenberg retweeted that interview and even said to people, that that's the interview they should read although he had a lot of Interviews.

Do you really think he would do that, if he thought that the interviewer was unprofessionel? Also, the interview is edited so it is quite possible that the questions seem more direct (unpolite?) since they were shortened.
Well its because he nicely avoided the bullshit questions and gave some good answers.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Probably the game I'm most hyped for from the show, I'm playing through LiS2 right now, and I LOVED the 2 prior ones.
I love life is strange, im down to more of it.

I only started playing LiS (through Game Pass) this Summer and it was such an amazing experience. Immediately played Before the Storm shortly after i finished S1 and it was a blast as well. I'm so ready for TMW and hopefully i can help with building the OT for it :)

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Well its because he nicely avoided the bullshit questions and gave some good answers.

So basically the interviewer with the tough questions got the best answers and most informations out of all interviews? :p

But i guess, everyone has a different opinion on that matter. I rather read these kind of interviews compared to the boring ones where the PR person can just repeat the text they learned.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
User banned (5 days): Backseat moderation. Modwhining
Fresh back from my ban thanks to the X0 event thread.

It's ridiculous how pathetic some people are and in calling that out I get punished for it. Hell, I even saw a mod trying to diminish the damn event and arguing with a certified user in it to do so smh

I'd like to know how I was banned for calling that out but this is perfectly fine, still posted in the thread, with the user being untouched and commented on by several people in the thread...

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So basically the interviewer with the tough questions got the best answers and most informations out of all interviews? :p

But i guess, everyone has a different opinion on that matter. I rather read these kind of interviews compared to the boring ones where the PR person can just repeat the text they learned.
I rather people are polite even if you are a interviewer. But maybe thats just me.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
They are not going to hide Halo Infinite until E3. We are going to have a beta/flight like Halo 5 did. If not in December then early 2020.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
This is impression I have reading some posts in Xbox Game Pass threads:

uh16Vaq.jpg

lol

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
You're entitled to your opinion, but I wish you could see how your opinion is coloring your entire statement. I don't play many single player games. My fiance and I LOVED gears 5 because we had story to playthru completely together. Last of Us doesn't let us do that. Uncharted doesn't let us do that. Gears is better, in our opinion, *because* it's a co op story and world we can get lost in. If you're only interested in single player games, then sure, right now Sony's better. But their multiplayer and co op offerings are *paltry* compared.

Gears 5 was the best game for me by far this year :)

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Sea of Thieves is such an incredible game.

A friend stole another crew's ship, and me and another friend remained on the same island as the crew to pretend that our ship also got stolen by another crew. We actually convinced them of this, and agreed to meet on the same island after we took our ships back.

Fast forward a bit, we meet the same people on the sea near that island. They want to form an alliance so we agree. And then we go to do a quest. We were 3, they were 2. Me and one friend went with them on the island to do the quest, while the other friend sneak up on their ship and planted an explosive barrel. As soon as we were done with the quest, he fires at their barrel and their ship gets rekt. 😀

Fast forward a bit again, we meet the same crew and they start chasing us because we betrayed them. We run to an island and notice another ship parked there. Start screaming and quickly convince that 3rd ship to going us in an alliance, lying them that the other guys were PVP-ers only and that they wanted to destroy us both. And thus they joined in and opened fire. :D

IT WAS AMAZING. CRYING OF LAUGHTER FOR AN HOUR CONSTANTLY.

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018

A friend stole another crew's ship, and me and another friend remained on the same island as the crew to pretend that our ship also got stolen by another crew. We actually convinced them of this, and agreed to meet on the same island after we took our ships back.

Fast forward a bit, we meet the same people on the sea near that island. They want to form an alliance so we agree. And then we go to do a quest. We were 3, they were 2. Me and one friend went with them on the island to do the quest, while the other friend sneak up on their ship and planted an explosive barrel. As soon as we were done with the quest, he fires at their barrel and their ship gets rekt. 😀

Fast forward a bit again, we meet the same crew and they start chasing us because we betrayed them. We run to an island and notice another ship parked there. Start screaming and quickly convince that 3rd ship to going us in an alliance, lying them that the other guys were PVP-ers only and that they wanted to destroy us both. And thus they joined in and opened fire. :D

It's an incredible game, I find myself fishing in it for hours to relax while listening to podcasts.

TeaLeaf

Oct 11, 2018
Did they actually say all episodes will release at once? I believe it will be one episode releasing per summer month since it's confirmed as 3 episodes that still is all episodes releasing in Summer 2020.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Did they actually say all episodes will release at once? I believe it will be one episode releasing per summer month since it's confirmed as 3 episodes that still is all episodes releasing in Summer 2020.

It will. Peter Wyse (head of Publishing) explains why:
"We listened closely to fans of narrative adventure games, and we heard loud and clear how painful unpredictable gaps between episodes can be," said Peter Wyse, General Manager for Xbox Games Studios Publishing. "We're thrilled to announce that the entire Tell Me Why story will release in the Summer 2020."
news.xbox.com

X019: Announcing Tell Me Why, the Newest Narrative Adventure Game from DONTNOD Entertainment - Xbox Wire

This year at X019 in London, Xbox Games Studios was proud to unveil Tell Me Why, a gripping, true-to-life narrative adventure coming to Xbox One, Windows 10 PC, Xbox Game Pass and Steam starting Summer 2020. Tell Me Why is the next title from our partner, DONTNOD Entertainment, the studio behind...

TeaLeaf

Oct 11, 2018
It will. Peter Wyse (head of Publishing) explains why:

news.xbox.com

X019: Announcing Tell Me Why, the Newest Narrative Adventure Game from DONTNOD Entertainment - Xbox Wire

This year at X019 in London, Xbox Games Studios was proud to unveil Tell Me Why, a gripping, true-to-life narrative adventure coming to Xbox One, Windows 10 PC, Xbox Game Pass and Steam starting Summer 2020. Tell Me Why is the next title from our partner, DONTNOD Entertainment, the studio behind...
That doesn't confirm it will be all release at once just that it will all release in Summer 2020, You could get for example:
Epicsode 1 - June 14th
Episiode 2 - July 14th
Episode 3 - August 14th

That would still fit the "We're thrilled to announce that the entire Tell Me Why story will release in the Summer 2020."" as it would eliminate the "painful unpredictable gaps between episodes" knowing there is exactly one month per episode.

Edit: I just found on the official site - "Tell Me Why will consist of three episodic chapters releasing weeks apart on a clear, reliable schedule. The entire story will be available for Xbox Game Pass, Xbox One, Windows PC and Steam in the summer of 2020."

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
lol you got me for a second there. trixy trixy

I do wish they would be more transparent on what it really is though. What they show in the trailer intrigues me, the environment looks great, the creatures too and the whole vibe as well.

It does look very different from SoT, so that's nice for sure, something new. But if is meant for co op, is it shared world? Or actually meant for solo play after all, which I doubt. It's early, so I wonder if we can expect longer footage at E3?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Of course Everwild will be online (as well). The teaser literally shows three characters exploring the world together.
The joke, I believe, is that the warm words are being sent online, but because of subject confusion, it reads like the name of the game is Everwild Online, which is... a bad name.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
That doesn't confirm it will be all release at once just that it will all release in Summer 2020, You could get for example:
Epicsode 1 - June 14th
Episiode 2 - July 14th
Episode 3 - August 14th

That would still fit the "We're thrilled to announce that the entire Tell Me Why story will release in the Summer 2020."" as it would eliminate the "painful unpredictable gaps between episodes" knowing there is exactly one month per episode.

Edit: I just found on the official site - "Tell Me Why will consist of three episodic chapters releasing weeks apart on a clear, reliable schedule. The entire story will be available for Xbox Game Pass, Xbox One, Windows PC and Steam in the summer of 2020."

Ah, I see. Yeah, you definitely have a fair point. Nonetheless, it's great that they've seen the feedback that other communities (Telltale and ofc LiS) have given towards devs for these types of games.

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
That's the reason I can't be that hyped about Everwild, as a non Gold member using xbox (not PC), I only play single player stuff these days.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Halo 4 and 5's campaigns have been nowhere near the calibre of Sony's blockbuster single-player only games like God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, etc. Even just comparing scope to this year's Death Stranding and Days Gone - the Halo campaigns are like 10 hours. Sony's games are often 2 or 3 times longer and obviously a lot more acclaimed too in the case of their many GOTY winners and nominees over the past 10 years.

Gears 5 was a step in the right direction, but its campaign still wasn't anything special and wasn't very long either. The difference for single player fans is that Sony's games feel like large, impactful, filling experiences. Most of Microsoft's games have a single player campaign that just feels like a fun romp but that's about it.

I hear you. Even though I don't own a PS4, I can't deny that I'm a little jelly of games like Uncharted 4, TLOU2, God of War, Spidey. I love that they take a long time to finish (for me U4 didn't drag, I really loved it all the way) and ND already said TLOU2 will be a long ass game.

I bet Ghost won't be short either. For a very long time I've been wishing to get this on Xbox, a singleplayer experience that is long and great. The open world RPG by Playground in the future? That is definitely going to be something that can be filed under "long" titles and perhaps whatever The Initiative is working on? We can only guess.

NT's next game is probably like Hellblade, can't go expecting 20+ hours from that, but maybe some day they can make something like Enslaved again or DmC. But on a bigger scale maybe.

When I played through all the Halo games, especially 1 and 2, those felt like the perfect length to me. They never felt short to me and I really hope Infinite's campaign is full of epic moments and lasts long too. It's been said before but if TC is open to making something else than Gears (assuming they can, I don't know, I mean the name of the dev says it all it's Gears) that would be awesome. Have a great and long SP with maybe MP as well. Because, look at ND, they made two Uncharted games, then decided to try something else and boy what a game it was.

I cannot forget about Obsidian though, because it wouldn't surprise me if their next big game will be either a sequel to TOW or something similar. Those aren't short games either. But it seems like you would want a long action adventure from XGS, and I can only say, me too.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Everwild can easy be a Ashen situation also.

Good point.

I wonder if there's going to be combat, we don't really see weapons do we? And it seems the friendly creatures will just do their thing and be at peace, but what about the more unfriendly ones that we also see?

Honestly, if it does end up being more co op focused, but the world is actually very interesting to explore, quests are engaging, maybe different ways of exploration, that is fine too. But apparently there are God game elements? Man, so many questions.

E3 hopefully.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

:)

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Epicsode 1 - June 14th
Episiode 2 - July 14th
Episode 3 - August 14th

cool

Status
Not open for further replies.