• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
image0.png

The Outer Worlds ad on that article is cosmically funny
Wow, back then it sounds like Microsoft had zero clue what Obsidian's strengths were!

Also reminds me of that thousand-player battle royale idea Harrison brought up in the Stadia reveal event.

Jan 4, 2018
Nice. So i guess we see a ToW 2 for sure and i think Pillars will continue for a while or atleast games in that genre and the third team bringing something new. Pff so good.
A 3rd person RPG team, an isometric RPG team and likely a 1st person RPG team
With inXile doing tactical RPGs (in addition to 1st person too with Bard's Tale and who know what else they have in store) all bases are covered
Edit: or almost! Forgot JRPG :p
Focus isn't a very big publisher from my understanding. I'm sure buying publishing rights wouldnt be to difficult to negotiate.
They may be small but they don't seem to be easy to work with as far as transferring the rights of games comes https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...ulled-after-split-with-focus-home-interactive

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Started the outer worlds and I'm pretty impressed so far. Really refreshing to play an rpg with deep and meaningful rpg mechanics.

Obsidian are masters of this genre.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
I think all we know is from a job listing asking for experience in developing first person melee combat.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
No, that's just my small office in Vienna and I'm the only person working from there - By now we have 80 developers that work globally across 43 different countries. Multicultural game development :D
Thats a nice little office then for one person haha. I like the Moon studio logo and the awards on the shelf. :)

knuckles

Oct 29, 2017
What a great year it's been to have xbox game pass. Fh4, crackdown 3 (I liked it), gears 5 and now the outer worlds. Game pass is great value for the first party games alone. I probably would have bought most of these for full price in the past. And it's only going to get better.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Didn't Klobrille also more or less tease a Japanese studio or am I thinking of something else or sometime else?

I'd hesitate to call anything Klob has done regarding Japanese studios lately a tease. He basically just quoted Phil on the subject and then we kind of ran with it. Really seems like a personal belief from him right now, not a leak or a tease.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
7 hours in, The Outer Worlds is incredible. Can't even imagine what the teams at Obsidian can achieve without these budget constraints for Xbox.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
No, that's just my small office in Vienna and I'm the only person working from there - By now we have 80 developers that work globally across 43 different countries. Multicultural game development :D

Wow, 80 developers ?

it's a big upgrade since the first one.

Anyway I can not wait to put my hands on this masterpiece 🙌

What is the Skyrim-like game?

Team 1:
The outer worlds franchise leaded by : Tim Cain & Boyarsky.

Team 2 :
Pillars of Eternity 3 Action RPG leaded by : Chris Parker & Adam Brennecke

Team 3 :
New IP iso RPG leaded by : Josh Sawyer

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
I know everyone has been playing the big releases, but I've been playing Lonely Mountain: Downhill all day with my 5 year old and it's great fun.

Thank you Game Pass.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Wow, 80 developers ?

it's a big upgrade since the first one.

Anyway I can not wait to put my hands on this masterpiece 🙌

Team 1:
The outer worlds franchise leaded by : Tim Cain & Boyarsky.

Team 2 :
Pillars of Eternity 3 Action RPG leaded by : Chris Parker & Adam Brennecke

Team 3 :
New IP iso RPG leaded by : Josh Sawyer

So they are currently working on two isometric games? Hmmm. I could swear I read somewhere that TOW wasn't their only first person RPG in the making, a while ago.

Jan 4, 2018
No One.

The outer worlds 2 and Pillars of Eternity 3 First person Action RPG.

the isometric game is the game of josh sawyer the smallest team.
I think the other 1st person game is not PoE.
I don't see how could they make PoE work in 1st person unless they completely change the game, as PoE's combat is squad based, real time with pause. And that would be confusing as hell to play in 1st person.
If anything I could see it being 3rd person (which will pretty much give you Dragon Age)
The other 1st person game they were making if I remember correctly was supposed to be historically based (so more like Kingdom Come: Deliverance, which I'd be pretty happy with as I've been enjoying it A LOT)

Status
Not open for further replies.