• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Game Pass can free them from the criticism of dropping modes. It would be like Crackdown 3 where you can download either the campaign or multiplayer, or both if you wanted.

And they can release immersive sim games like Prey, or create a Cyberpunk RPG like game. They don't have to be cinematic 3rd person games, just great engaging games.

MP games with great communities are great, but how many of them can Microsoft realistically create and maintain? The competition for MP games is fierce, and they face strong headwinds in regaining ground in that area of gaming.

I honestly think they've a way better chance than trying to capture the market by doing what Sony do but better...

That's just madness because the perception is set now. Xbox entered the console market doing thing differently - offering an FPS as their big entry game - an FPS that captured a huge playerbase - previously unseen on a console FPS. They then launched online and MP on console and made it a key part of the experience. They formed communities around their games - something that other console makers did not really embrace till later.

I think they need to find a point of difference - be different. Trying to copy Sony is just foolish. PS is the stronger brand - so MS need to find games that people "CANNOT MISS". I can't think of many SP examples this gen beyond the Sony obvious ones. Whereas the community or MP focussed games - well - there is a huge list.

Dec 21, 2018
I honestly think they've a way better chance than trying to capture the market by doing what Sony do but better...

That's just madness because the perception is set now. Xbox entered the console market doing thing differently - offering an FPS as their big entry game - an FPS that captured a huge playerbase - previously unseen on a console FPS. They then launched online and MP on console and made it a key part of the experience. They formed communities around their games - something that other console makers did not really embrace till later.

I think they need to find a point of difference - be different. Trying to copy Sony is just foolish. PS is the stronger brand - so MS need to find games that people "CANNOT MISS". I can't think of many SP examples this gen beyond the Sony obvious ones. Whereas the community or MP focussed games - well - there is a huge list.

If anything will do it Halo: Infinite might be that "CANNOT MISS" game. I agree they do need to differentiate themselves in some way, so they would need to go bigger and bolder in their MP games than the 3rd party competition. If they made an MP game without any sort of MTX that would be a huge differentiator as well.

As an aside thinking of Halo: Infinite MP I hope they go for large scale 50 vs 50 battles with seamless space to ground big team battles.

Paragraf

May 31, 2019
Russia
Fun fact: Ensemble actually wanted to do something else besides RTS in their final years according to Blood, Sweat, and Pixels and that wa some idea they tossed around. They had gotten fucking sick of RTS but MS refused to let them make anything else. You guys have dug your heels in that the current IP factory set up studios like the Coalition have are how they want to be, but if those studios get tired of churning out the same franchise games I hope Spencer will be smarter than his predecessors and let them do so instead of shutting them down.
In that case I think studios like 343, TC or T10 will remain,with big changes in leadership and creative teams. I agree that if someone like Rod wants to make a new IP, you give him whatever he needs, because there is very big chance it'll be worth it.
Ensemble making something other than RTS would be fantastic, such a shame. With Bungie hating just the idea of Halo game made by other studio + Ensemble being sick of making RTS, it's surprising that Halo Wars is so good, both as a console RTS AND a stand alone story in Halo universe.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
Flight Simulator is the kind of generational leap I was expecting, like, what the fuck, not just graphics but the entire package, everything feels next-gen and impressive, no game available or set to launch touches what MFS is doing, holy shit.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Microsoft should reach out to Ikumi Nakamura to be a creative lead on a new exclusive horror game and contract Asobo for the development.

They can call it, Microsoft Fright Simulator.

Last one, I promise.

Sep 14, 2019

That's just madness because the perception is set now. Xbox entered the console market doing thing differently - offering an FPS as their big entry game - an FPS that captured a huge playerbase - previously unseen on a console FPS.
Goldeneye sold more than Halo 1 (8.09 mil vs 6.4 mil)

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
Asobo must be in the first list for Microsoft. If they don't announce it at XO, they will never announce it,; it would mean that asobo want to be independant or being bought from someone else.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
A couple of shots of Halo Infinite I haven't seen floating around. From here, nice lil read on the work behind the trailer and the story beats that happen. http://danchosich.com/halo-infinite-discover-hope

HI_E319_BSPK_Reboot.jpg

HI_E319_BSPK_PelicanDashboard.jpg

wow theses are cool shots.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
What game do we think will use the MSFS engine with Azure AI learning next?

Horizon? State of Decay? Crimson Skies? MechAssault?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What game do we think will use the MSFS engine with Azure AI learning next?

Horizon? State of Decay? Crimson Skies? MechAssault?
The A.I. learning stuff in Flight Sim seems to be generating the world from the Bing Map images. I guess it could lend itself to generate something in State of Decay where you could enter your hometown and the learning makes it for you. Really not sure what else it could be used for but the tech applications are exciting.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox Game Studios Bordeaux?

That sure fits!

I think it would be a great move. A team that worked with Xbox on many levels before, that sure has talent but seems to be missing just a little more push and investment on their original games.

A Plague Tale was good, but to me it was rough in some spots and a game that was longer than it needed to be, resulting in some pretty generic ending for a game that had so many cool new ideas on its first chapters

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Did anyone else notice the extremely popular Halo Wars 2 "insurance is for suckers" videos have been delisted? They are no longer on the official Xbox Youtube channel. They were in the top 5 most viewed of all time.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Neither updated Book or Go are expected. Tom Warren has a good what to expect article from this morning: https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/30/...o-7-event-leaks-rumors-products-announcements
Surface Book 3 is unlikely. New Pro stuff and their foldable device is rumored.

That's upsetting. I've been holding out since dropping $2499 on a 1060 just sounds unappealing at this point. Wondering how much longer that GPU can hang on with next gen approaching.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Weird, this option is not available to me yet and I'm on Alpha Skip Ahead and have the new dashboard already, maybe it is region-locked for now, I assume you are from US or UK? (I'm from Brazil)

Yeah, I'm on Alpha Skip Ahead as well and I'm from Glasgow, Scotland.

Hopefully they can roll out the test regions pretty quickly!

Status
Not open for further replies.