• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
The Initiative - 16 New Positions:

- Senior Writer
- Senior Gameplay Animator
- Lead Technical Artist
- Senior concept Artist
- Lead Technical Designer
- Outsource Manager
- Senior Systems Designer
- Senior Environment Artist
- Studio Administrator
- Lead Producer
- Lead Online Services Engineer
- Lead Artist
- Lead UI/UX
- Senior Gameplay Engineer
- Art Director
- Senior Tools Engineer

Redesigned83

Jul 9, 2018

- Senior Writer
- Lead Technical Artist
- Senior concept Artist
- Outsource Manager
- Studio Administrator
- Lead Producer
- Lead Artist
- Lead UI/UX
- Art Director
- Senior Tools Engineer

I really need a CGI of what they're working on soon. Can they realistically close out E3 2020 and not even give us a hint at something?

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I really need a CGI of what they're working on soon. Can they realistically close out E3 2020 and not even give us a hint at something?

They can, and they will. Maybe.

In all seriousness, I feel like we're gonna see Xbox operating a lot more close to the chest next gen. At least for some titles I think we'll see announcement much closer to releases.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
They can, and they will. Maybe.

In all seriousness, I feel like we're gonna see Xbox operating a lot more close to the chest next gen. At least for some titles I think we'll see announcement much closer to releases.

It's the best way to do it - like with Borderlands 3 and Bethesda games usually. It's much better to say "today we are announcing [insert game here] which will be releasing this Fall!" as opposed to releasing a teaser trailer and the game not coming out for years and years. It also works best with the Game Pass model too if a steady stream of games were coming out with short announce to release windows.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Damn all this news about Gears being the biggest XGS launch this gen and leading to a huge amount of GP signups.

Just terrible terrible news. I am very concerned.

Aug 26, 2019
One thing that's weird to think about is that Gears 5 and Halo Infinite are possibly the last entries in their respective franchises that will hold as much weight as they do in Xbox's lineup. Soon Playground, Initiative, Ninja Theory, and Obsidian's IPs will take precedence. And those will become what defines Xbox. Not saying that Gears and Halo will lose popularity, just stating the obvious that they will no longer be "carrying the weight" for the lineup on their back.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
One thing that's weird to think about is that Gears 5 and Halo Infinite are possibly the last entries in their respective franchises that will hold as much weight as they do in Xbox's lineup. Soon Playground, Initiative, Ninja Theory, and Obsidian's IPs will take precedence. And those will become what defines Xbox. Not saying that Gears and Halo will lose popularity, just stating the obvious that they will no longer be "carrying the weight" for the lineup on their back.

I kind of already felt this way. I got back on the XGS bandwagon with the 2018 acquisitions, especially when Obsidian and inXile joined the club. Age of Empires, anything made by Obsidian, Wasteland 3, Forza Horizon series, Double Fine, Ninja Theory, Flight Simulator, the Fable reboot group - these are what XGS is about to me. Any distractions Gears or Halo can provide is gravy on top - like Gears 5 did while my attention is currently on The Outer Worlds and Age of Empires 2 DE. I imagine I'm a minority opinion on this.

Saci do PXB

Nov 12, 2017
I kind of already felt this way. I got back on the XGS bandwagon with the 2018 acquisitions, especially when Obsidian and inXile joined the club. Age of Empires, anything made by Obsidian, Wasteland 3, Forza Horizon series, Double Fine, Ninja Theory, Flight Simulator, the Fable reboot group - these are what XGS is about to me. Any distractions Gears or Halo can provide is gravy on top - like Gears 5 did while my attention is currently on The Outer Worlds and Age of Empires 2 DE. I imagine I'm a minority opinion on this.
I feel in a similar way, actually, but I like Halo. Gears 5 is a high point in the franchise for me, I'm really happy with the result.
But it's the RPGs studios that put fire in my hearth.

Oct 26, 2018
So I'm playing hellblade for the first time with my new headset and I just beat surtr......

Is this what we gonna expect from tameems team?

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
I love Gears of War but The Coalition cannot make a satisfying campaign for the life of them. Gears 4 had a terrible Act 1, a soso Act 2, but it started hitting it's stride as you went through Acts 3-5. Gears 5 starts amazingly in Act 1, Acts 2 and 3 are also great (but the openness does get in the way of pacing so it starts to drag a bit), but Act 4 just shits the bed and ends thing even worse than Gears 4 did.

The lack of an Act 5 in Gears 5 really killed the campaign, and it could have easily been about what they are teasing for Gears 6. The new main villain was shown for what seemed like a few seconds and confronting them should NOT have been saved for the next game when they were face to face with Kait already...

So they had some great ideas and really pushed the campaign forward with Gears 5, but also feels like they did not do enough during the campaign and padded it with the open world design. Its very strange when they were about to make one of the best games in Microsoft's first party history and easily the best Gears but fell short at the end.

I really hope Gears 6 comes faster than we think and Gears 7 can start a new, better thought out trilogy with a more developed story and cast of characters. I think Kait is great and JD started to seem a bit more interesting, but I can't say I care about this saga nearly as much as Gears 1-3.

Disagreed with almost everything you claimed here, outside of your thoughts on Gears 4. Gears 5 was handled well from beginning to end and Act 4 is probably the best overall chapter and in most comments about the campaign people say the same.

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
I mean as someone who has asked for years for Halo, Gears, and Forza to stop being the most noteworthy Xbox releases I welcome that coming change.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Halo should always be one of the most noteworthy Xbox games. Just like how there will always be a big Mario or Zelda game for Nintendo.

Now obviously there should be more to look forward to than Halo, Gears, Forza. I want Killer Instinct to be bigger. I want all the new studios to make great games.

I just hope Infinite is fantastic since I've been waiting for an all around good Halo game since 2010.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017

- Senior Writer
- Lead Technical Artist
- Senior concept Artist
- Outsource Manager
- Studio Administrator
- Lead Producer
- Lead Artist
- Lead UI/UX
- Art Director
- Senior Tools Engineer

Xbox 1P stepping it up. :) great times ahead.

Oct 25, 2017
Halo should always be one of the most noteworthy Xbox games. Just like how there will always be a big Mario or Zelda game for Nintendo.

Now obviously there should be more to look forward to than Halo, Gears, Forza. I want Killer Instinct to be bigger. I want all the new studios to make great games.

I just hope Infinite is fantastic since I've been waiting for an all around good Halo game since 2010.

Amen to that. I miss good Halo. It was such an incredible franchise. :(

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dont think we'll see what the other team(s) at Ninja Theory are working on at XO19, not with Bleeding Edge still in its early marketing stages.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
I really hope that we are going to see some games on gamepass pc that are already on xbox gamepass. I want to buy shadow of the tomb raider but i have the feeling it's going to be on gamepass pc when i m going to buy it. ( i want also outer wilds ! )

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
NT will reveal Kung Fu Chaos 2 at XO19.

BELIEVE!!!

latest

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm not sure what near future could mean, how did Phil talk about the PG team 2 again?
He said "later". Which basically means ... Later - an undefined point in time.

I wouldn't define "near future" as E3 20, especially not with the way they said it on stage, but maybe that's just me.

If anything, Ninja Theory announcing their new AAA singleplayer game would only give Bleeding Edge more room to breath and just be the game it wants to be: a multiplayer fighter. I think it's easier for some accepting & appreciating that when they know they'll get their singleplayer game on top of that.

Last edited:

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Any if you guys have an OLED TV?

I'm going to upgrade soon and was considering the C9 for its image quality and the fact it will support 2.1 hdmi for the next consoles. Any thoughts on this set for gaming?

Deleted member 8136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I'm going to upgrade soon and was considering the C9 for its image quality and the fact it will support 2.1 hdmi for the next consoles. Any thoughts on this set for gaming?

I am gaming on a 65" C6 - these are the best TVs you can hope for.
Make sure to properly calibrate your set, and you'll be save from burn in as well. You are in for a treat! :D

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Wholeheartedly recommend it. Even if money was no object, I'd get the C9. You have those unbelievable blacks and contrast, excellent HDR, decent brightness, great UI and incredibly low input latency (just 13ms).

It won best overall TV at HDTVtest's blind TV shoot out this year, as well as best HDR TV and best Gaming TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.