• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
If you are GPU you can just switch to new zealand and play tomorrow at 11:00 in the morning.

Oh shit! I had no idea about that. Hopefully I have the time for it tomorrow, else I'll wait until Friday.

Yup, I'm still excited but it's good to have an idea of what to expect from those sections rather than going in blind and ended up frustrated or annoyed.

Detective Pidgey There's footage from the red desert area floating around and it looks like it was reworked. No sign of that iconic moment where Kait is walking towards the hole in the wall and the light is shining through. Also no sign of the melee combat in that area, hopefully both are there and the footage was captured earlier on, but might want to keep expectations there in check.

Also worth noting, Kait's armour is different in that area compared to the 2018 trailer.

Hmm I see. I haven't seen any of the new footage, definitely waiting until I play it myself. But the four pics DF posted on their Twitter looked really sweet! So graphically speaking it should be fine. Hopefully same resolution as 4 or close to. And hopefully mostly a smooth 60fps.

Did they not? Good lord, from the way Era is you'd never know. How ironic.

Exactly! I was very surprised too, never knew those two games weren't 90 games.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
All the best games score in the 80s. Titanfall represent!

I mean so many people praise spiderman yet it's in the 80s as well. When you're an established series you can't be completely different from past iterations in core gameplay. Love that Gears 5 add so much though and yet it's still the perfect tps core gameplay to date

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
GEARS 5 graphics are blowing me away right now. Just that launch trailer got me shook.

60fps glory with colors. PRAISE THE COALITION!!!!

Aug 26, 2018
I mean so many people praise spiderman yet it's in the 80s as well. When you're an established series you can't be completely different from past iterations in core gameplay. Love that Gears 5 add so much though and yet it's still the perfect tps core gameplay to date

Seems like a good evolution over Gears 4.

Most excited to play the Campaign on my 1X.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
How surprising, almost every Hispanic outlier gave Gears 5 above 9, thats fucking good and its all i care about, couldnt give a fuck about IGN, Kotaku, etc.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hmm. This game is 5 points away from being a 90% which is the minimum percentage that is allowed to grace my Xbox. I haven't been able to play a Gears game since 2011

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Why are reviews threads always a shit show??

Because humanity sucks and shows its true colors online where there are (usually) no consequences for people being themselves :P

Anyways, great scores! I think Gears will shape up to be really good. I'm a bit sad that launching the game with so much content and all those different modes doesn't elevate the scores by a bit more. Seems those more open environments, RPG and stealth elements are a mixed bag. I also wished to have learned a bit more about the (perhaps?) changed style of narration from the reviews but I'll just have to find out for myself! I do hope Gears 5 can climb a bit higher on the MC average score towards that 90, but we'll see.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
like the 6.0 because he found the horde chaotic
Of course, have you seen majority of game reviewers play? They suck, thats why they only centered around the campaign.
It Will be fun to see how this will be the most played Gears game depsite some trash reviews.
And whoever saying that Escape mode is there just to fill a spot doesnt deserve the attention

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017

Can't forget about the other XGS efforts. Wasteland 3 is shaping up to be inXile's best game, I think.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Some people see the battle between different console manufacturer as watching sports, it's all a competition and they love seeing their team win a match and love seeing the other team lose a match. Don't waste your energy thinking much about it.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Some people see the battle between different console manufacturer as watching sports, it's all a competition and they love seeing their team win a match and love seeing the other team lose a match. Don't waste your energy thinking much about it.
yep, its very amusing to seeing the parallel to sports discussion and some of these threads. (sorry to say this is one of them, you guys talk about game studios like free agent signings or trades. Its a good laugh.)

danrbg

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
FFWarriors and Nib95 are ban. Then they will come here to this thread with their "impartial" opinion.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
We already talked a lot about this.
Xbox 360 was the best selling console in a lot of LATAM's key markets, Top notch dubs, violence in campaign and multiplayer, i don't know what else to add.
Im Mexican, i just played Gears 4 once and i became a Fanboy,

That and Dom is still a fan favorite among the Latin American Gears fans, his voice actor is still a regular at the various conventions and comic cons.

Aug 23, 2018

This one was filled with the usual console warriors who no doubt were suited up and ready to fight the good fight! But in all seriousness it's embarrassing. The amount of posts made in the first 10 minutes trying to rain on a fan bases parade was pretty sad. I feel like I need to leave work and take a shower after spending more than 30 minutes in that thread

Because humanity sucks and shows its true colors online where there are (usually) no consequences for people being themselves :P

Anyways, great scores! I think Gears will shape up to be really good. I'm a bit sad that launching the game with so much content and all those different modes doesn't elevate the scores by a bit more. Seems those more open environments, RPG and stealth elements are a mixed bag. I also wished to have learned a bit more about the (perhaps?) changed style of narration from the reviews but I'll just have to find out for myself! I do hope Gears 5 can climb a bit higher on the MC average score towards that 90, but we'll see.

Yep, it's not going to come close to my 93 prediction, but guessing the numbers game is just a fun activity for degenerate gamblers like myself. Scores get skewed for a variety of reasons, and Gears 5 is no exception. Some of the less flowing reviews fault it for being "more of Gears", which shouldn't be a bad thing when you're the premiere 3rd person shooter franchise. I'm more excited that the reviewers I know that are actual Gears and shooter fans seem to really like it, and the new direction the series is heading. And I was already in for Horde and Escape, which a lot of outlets didn't seem to cover to much.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I don't think the review thread is much of a shitshow at all. It seems like most people are acknowledging that it's getting great scores.

It'll be interesting to see what The Coalition does next.

FFWarriors and Nib95 are ban. Then they will come here to this thread with their "impartial" opinion.
Not surprising lol. Do they seriously not see how transparent they are?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.