• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Why do you guys think reviewers are after Xbox. Gears 4 reviewed pretty well for how derivative it was
As a reviewer I found his comment to be very disrespectful. We don't go into games Xbox, Nintendo, PlayStation, third party, etc looking for reasons to give them a lower score. Any other reviewer will tell you the same thing.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
So we went from being "concerned" about Gears 5, to actively looking for things to be concerned about? lmao.

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
Oct 25, 2017
Some ppl...
I can't
giphy.gif

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Remedy it's over let's move on to something else.

Asobo or Ready at dawn which one would be best for you? I think that it is missing a last studio for a solo action/adventure experience with Ninja theory, Compulsion games,Double Fine Productions, The coalition and The initiative.

Realistic acquistions :

Asobo
Iron Galaxy - Killer instinct franchise turn to AAA
JP Games

Matt booty Masterclass.

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019

Asobo or Ready at dawn, I think that it is missing a last studio for a solo action/adventure experience with Ninja theory, Compulsion games,Double Fine Productions, The coalition and The initiative.

Realistic acquistions :

Asobo
JP Games

Matt booty Masterclass.
Asobo would be a good addition. Obviously they have history with them. A Plague Tale is one of my favorite games this year so it would be nice to see them get a bigger budget and continue to make games like this. I think they've already made future deals with Focus Home though.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I may be crazy but I feel the cold through his message ^^

It's no secret that their relationship is not good after the break-up. As I said on another thread, I don't expect Sony to buy Remedy. I expect Remedy to sign a multigames deal with 505 Games.

Only 7 versus maps will hurt the reviews. With a shooter franchise on Xbox reviewers are looking for anything to mark the game down.
Overwatch launched with less than 10 maps and had no additional modes and no campaign, and it was highly praised while winning award after award. They are gonna be the most cynical mofos if they go after Gears because of that.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
I am really sick of certain posters coming into this Xbox first party thread just to act "concerned" and post stupid crap. People need to just not reply to that type of junk so that maybe they scurry off to their Kojima worship or NPD sales threads.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Asobo would be a good addition. Obviously they have history with them. A Plague Tale is one of my favorite games this year so it would be nice to see them get a bigger budget and continue to make games like this. I think they've already made future deals with Focus Home though.

Bigben interactive has acquired Cyanide and Spiders, 2 big Focus home partner, I think Microsoft can do it.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished my full play through of Gears 1 through 4 in preparation for Gears 5, and man I am so hyped. I forgot how incredible the HDR was in Gears 4 (some of the best on any game this gen for me), and I have to think that it will be just as awesome on Gears 5. And replaying and watching the end of the game really works well now that we see how Kait looks to be in Gears 5.

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Bigben interactive has acquired Cyanide and Spiders, 2 big Focus home partner, I think Microsoft can do it.
I'm just saying that I'm pretty sure Asobo has already signed with Focus Home to do another game or two. Obviously if they were to be bought they could make Xbox exclusives after they fulfilled their agreement to Focus.

Oct 25, 2017

Asobo or Ready at dawn which one would be best for you? I think that it is missing a last studio for a solo action/adventure experience with Ninja theory, Compulsion games,Double Fine Productions, The coalition and The initiative.

Realistic acquistions :

Asobo
JP Games

Matt booty Masterclass.

Asobo is the only studio MS should acquire asap.
They're super talented.

Oct 25, 2017
Sony need Remedy for the ahh uhh... variety it will give.

PlayStation need Remedy more, they have to be consistent with the zero variety.

CONTROL is a pretty unique game. What the hell is going on here?

It's no secret that their relationship is not good after the break-up. As I said on another thread, I don't expect Sony to buy Remedy. I expect Remedy to sign a multigames deal with 505 Games.

what are you guys seeing in this tweet????

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
CONTROL is a pretty unique game. What the hell is going on here?

what are you guys seeing in this tweet????

Apparently MS fronting the cost for Sam Lake's crazy ass ideas with Quantam Break, the game having a mediocre reception and MS not publishing another Alan Wake means Remedy and MS hate each other.

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
Apparently MS fronting the cost for Sam Lake's crazy ass ideas with Quantam Break, the game having a mediocre reception and MS not publishing another Alan Wake means Remedy and MS hate each other.
No independent developer will keep grudges in the gaming industry. And if they did, they would be silly to make them public.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Being close with the whole JP industry is never a waste.

spencer can't talk with all devs when he goes to japan, it's physically impossible. It won't work, it's not working.. feels like it got even worse this year with less jp games.

Matter of fact ms only went to TGS once this gen, 1.. and it shows.
Phil doesn't have to have their first party games at TGS in order for him to talk to developers individually. Him doing it personally and playing Japanese devs games is probably a better look than just having a booth.
Exactly what I was going to say. If Phil and co are going to use TGS as a way to reach devs, they're not going to do it on stage or on the floor showing off Gears. How does that move the needle in the slightest. It's very likely that they will have some presence in a back room somewhere, that will be more effective than just showing up without a plan.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017

Realistic acquistions :

Asobo
JP Games

Matt booty Masterclass.

I'd say both.

Ready at Dawn have spades of potential, close proximity to some of their other studios too.
Asobo are just genius waiting to happen, every iteration of their work gets better and better, they seem to have a good relationship with MS already too.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
I really do hope we get a Quantum Break 2! I loved QB's story and time travel narrative. And hopefully it'll at least also be on Xbox because I hate having fragmented trophy/achievement lists lol.

Like if Remedy does get bought by Sony, and QB2 is a PS5 exclusive, it's gonna bother me so much that I have a QB1 100% list on Xbox and a Platinum for QB2 on PlayStation.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just finished my full play through of Gears 1 through 4 in preparation for Gears 5, and man I am so hyped.

Man, I don't understand how some of you guys do that. I would be completely burnt out on Gears by the time I started the 5th game. Much better to go in fresh (for me). I played Gears 2 in February and Gears 3 in June (first time), and even I am hoping I left enough time between games by the time I play Gears 5 next month.

Raider34

Banned
May 8, 2018
United States
I really do hope we get a Quantum Break 2! I loved QB's story and time travel narrative. And hopefully it'll at least also be on Xbox because I hate having fragmented trophy/achievement lists lol.

Like if Remedy does get bought by Sony, and QB2 is a PS5 exclusive, it's gonna bother me so much that I have a QB1 100% list on Xbox and a Platinum for QB2 on PlayStation.
QB owned by Microsoft

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I don't understand how some of you guys do that. I would be completely burnt out on Gears by the time I started the 5th game. Much better to go in fresh (for me). I played Gears 2 in February and Gears 3 in June (first time), and even I am hoping I left enough time between games by the time I play Gears 5 next month.

LOL, yeah I understand. I had to at least finish a little over a week out so that I can decompress a little and be ready to dive in on Gears 5 :) I plan to play Blair Witch on Game Pass to break things up in between a little.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I love Gears. I love the gameplay, the story and characters, the settings. I would play Gears until a cog was imprinted on the inside of my eyelids.

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
On a side note....I'm excited for Battletoads....was just watching the nine minute Gamescon demo and loved what I saw....it's growing on me. Oh and here's a tip, watch it at 1.25 speed on YouTube, Hopefully the devs see this and make the walk/atack speed faster. Plus, we need that delicious hit/stop fighting game design 101 in there.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I love Gears. I love the gameplay, the story and characters, the settings. I would play Gears until a cog was imprinted on the inside of my eyelids.

lol. I could never do that with any game, movie, or TV show no matter how much I like it. I would get sick of it and no longer enjoy it. I was starting to feel a bit fatigued of Gears 3 after playing Gears 2 a few months earlier. The Last of Us is my favorite game of all time, but I'm not re-playing it now because the sequel is coming Spring 2020 and I want it to feel as fresh as possible (to be fair, I've played TLOU 4 times over the past 6 years).

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Based on everything I've read and seen of Gears 5, I want this to be a 'Starship Troopers' kinda epic action/adventure, biggest campaign yet...we ready !

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
will i guess marketing doesn't matter with Steam player ( after regional prices) xD

in my region
p_1336od65y0.jpg

Global Top Sellers

store.steampowered.com

Steam Search

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
How would y'all feel about a Gears or Halo mmo?
or a Viva Piñata mmo 👀

I'd love another Viva Pinata so much.

I'd play another QB so long as they worked on the combat a bit and nixed the long live action segments.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I am kind of surprised at the file size for Gears 5. I am sure it will balloon when they add more MP maps etc. Can't wait for it to unlock.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Is this real? lol
It says "Worldwide Best Sellers" This is a lot for Gears, and we aren't even in launch day
80K+ players first weekend on steam? hope so.
Screenshot-146.png

Status
Not open for further replies.