• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I was talking about Jez tweets and defending dealer. That's why people won't wanna support him here

I'll support him. Jez is a good dude. He was a regular attender in this forum until he got shit-piled on last year by Jason from Kotaku and then this forum did what they do and jumped in like they were the zombie apocalypse. So the forum as a whole left a bad taste in his mouth. Can happen to a human being.

Dealer also isn't a homophobe. He used homophobic slang a few years back, apologized for it and to my knowledge didn't repeat. If Era is going to give everyone a life sentence for mistakes, are we looking for change and results or just someone to take our aggressions out on?

That's all I'll say about these matters. If people here don't like someone fine...but constantly slandering individuals publicly is a bad look and sets a bad tone for this community.

Back to videogames.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
User banned (5 days): inappropriate stereotype and antagonizing other users over multiple posts
Why are you patrolling the Xbox anyway??

Patrolling what? Calling out limp-wristed posts like that isn't patrolling anything. It's the sad us vs them mentality that I find especially annoying in threads like these. As if Xbox is this kicked dog that's being unfairly treated by the 'mainstream media' but in the meanwhile signalboosting trash people like Timdog.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Patrolling what? Calling out limp-wristed posts like that isn't patrolling anything. It's the sad us vs them mentality that I find especially annoying in threads like these. As if Xbox is this kicked dog that's being unfairly treated by the 'mainstream media' but in the meanwhile signalboosting trash people like Timdog.
That's funny because you said that.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017

You know mostly people in this thread talk about games, studios and what Xbox is doing. You come in here looking for a fight. It's not your job to moderate this OT.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Holy shit at your post history.
Pretty much why I made that 'No positive tweets allowed" joke. I don't know who Timdog is, and I take Jez' opinion with a grain of salt, but this guy has been shitting on Gears so much that it's funny to seem him dismiss two positive tweets about it immediately.

Oct 27, 2017
Calling out timdog is a good thing. But at the same time being a known troll...

Two wrongs don't make a right. Why don't you stick to the Sony threads? Honest question.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Yall should just laugh at the people who try to stir the conversation away from the games (yall know who they are) from XGS. Laugh and move on.

Mixer starting to give some love to Game Pass and partners. Looking forward to its future personally. Gonna be interesting to see the Gears 5 campaign impressions (and studio impressions). Still gotta find time to beat Gears 2 and 3 so I can understand more of what happened in 4 and remember what happened in 1. Gears 5 MP test for Arcade really made me like what I played. Never really was a gears guy.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Do you do this in any other thread on this forum, call out limp wristed posts? I mean this forum is fucking bonkers at the best of times so if you only call out folk in this thread it may be conceived you have some sort of agenda or ulterior motive. I suppose post history is a thing so we could see for ourselves how often you you act in this noble way, saving us from ourselves.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yall should just laugh at the people who try to stir the conversation away from the games (yall know who they are) from XGS. Laugh and move on.

Mixer starting to give some love to Game Pass and partners. Looking forward to its future personally. Gonna be interesting to see the Gears 5 campaign impressions (and studio impressions). Still gotta find time to beat Gears 2 and 3 so I can understand more of what happened in 4 and remember what happened in 1. Gears 5 MP test for Arcade really made me like what I played. Never really was a gears guy.

I barely touched the multiplayer for Gears 1- 4, but I couldn't stop thinking about Arcade when the MP test was around. I am very excited to play more of that. It comes out the same day as Iceborne, so it'll be a nice palette cleanser for me.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018

Yea I've always loved Gears' multiplayer, but by the end of the beta I found myself playing Arcade more than ranked.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Calling out timdog is a good thing. But at the same time being a known troll...

Two wrongs don't make a right. Why don't you stick to the Sony threads? Honest question.

Because i'm still an Xbox customer, like it or not. And I used to think calling out Timdog for being trash was pretty par for the course, really. But that sentiment apparently changes from day to day.

Anyway, back to where people left off.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Pretty much why I made that 'No positive tweets allowed" joke. I don't know who Timdog is, and I take Jez' opinion with a grain of salt, but this guy has been shitting on Gears so much that it's funny to seem him dismiss two positive tweets about it immediately.
Not only that.
He tried to fight with me so much in a thread where i dared to say that GTA V was 2013 GOTY and not TLOU.
Then when he saw that i didnt give a shit about his screams he just said "Oh, i see your avatar, that explains a lot"
Seems like Gears triggers him so much.
You know, thats how you identify console warriors (BTW i didnt downplay TLOU success, i just gave a fact, the GOTY for Spanish speakers is the one from TGA (Geoff's show) we have big sites giving GOTYs but thats all, and they always recognize Geoff's as the one above all, just giving context)
So yeah, he Is toxic as shit, i forgot to put him in the ignore list, but this reminded me to do so.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
I don't know what you mean guys, TimDog is the most wholesome person...

Last edited:

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Not only that.
He tried to fight with me so much in a thread where i dared to say that GTA V was 2013 GOTY and not TLOU.
Then when he saw that i didnt give a shit about his screams he just said "Oh, i see your avatar, that explains a lot"
You know, thats how you identify console warriors (BTW i didnt downplay TLOU success, i just gave a fact, the GOTY in my country is the one from TGA (Geoff's show)
So yeah, he Is toxic as shit, i forgot to put him in the ignore list, but this reminded me to do so.
Yea, that's not surprising.

Jan 4, 2018
Kinda weird to see not Gears 5 with that Fortnite crossover event. I mean its even more perfect then Borderlands.
To be fair, 80-90% of Fortnite audience would be legally forbidden to buy Gears hahah
I have to agree that TimDog, Jez, and Brad are folks that I just like to plain ignore. I worked at a Microsoft store for a bit and found that Xbox and the MS brand in general just create some weird fanatics that I want nothing to do with. They certainly fall into that category.
I won't put Brad and Jez in the same basket that TimDog.
One is a fanboy that thinks he's super important and the paladin of Xbox because some higher-ups answered some of his tweets (for all we know he could've been bombarding them until they answer).
The other 2 are journalists with legitimate sources inside the company that also happen to be fans, so sometimes they get caught up in the hype, but that have also heavily critizised said company when they made something they felt had to be called out.
You can like them or not of course, but to me they're not the same at all

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
Does The Coalition have any plans for more Terminator DLC down the line when the movie comes out, or any other properties?

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
Deep down I am still hoping for a Terminator Horde mode but I think its just Sarah Conner.
There's also the T-800 Model, so it's not impossible, especially when we start thinking months or years down the line.

Oh, you know what would be cool too? Getting to play as Captain America, Bucky, or Black Widow in MP.

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Not only that.
You know, thats how you identify console warriors (BTW i didnt downplay TLOU success, i just gave a fact, the GOTY for Spanish speakers is the one from TGA (Geoff's show) we have big sites giving GOTYs but thats all, and they always recognize Geoff's as the one above all, just giving context)
You know it's funny when people go to a different thread and tell a story different to what really went on. I never once said anything about your avatar and you can go check post history if you think I did. I was also far from the only one calling you out about the whole "GTAV vs TLOU" thing. You were acting like the TGA's was the show that mattered more than any other outlet and multiple people called you out on that. Don't even try to spin in it to direct attacks at me Regis.

Regarding Gears I don't get "triggered" by anything regarding that franchise. I liked the first 3 games, was critical of 4 and have been critical of how they handled showing the campaign of 5. I actually enjoyed my time with the technical test outside of when the servers were bad at the start.

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
What the hell did TimDog ever do anyway? I know he's a diehard Xbox fan but that's really it isn't it? People act like he goes around kicking puppy's. He's a fanboy sure, but he doesn't seem so bad.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
If you've played any previous Gears game, the word Character may mean a lot of different things. Before we go further, we want to define what the words means in Gears 5.

In Gears 5, a Character is their identity – for example, Fahz, RAAM or Swarm Sniper are all considered Characters.

A Character Skin is a version of that Character that looks different from their usual look – for example, Gilded Marcus is a Character Skin for Marcus.

In the menus, the customization system is organized by Character, with their skins available when you dive into the Character customization options. Skins are used in all multiplayer modes.

COG TEAM – HEROES
Our most gameplay rich Characters are found on the COG Team and are referred to as Heroes.

COG Heroes come with their own Ultimate Abilities, Passives and Skills all of which give them a unique playstyle for both Horde and Escape. This creates continually new gameplay experiences for both modes through the eyes of your favorite characters, themed to their distinct personality within the Gearsiverse.

In Arcade, Heroes have their own loadout, passive and weapon trees. You can also use them as a cosmetic only choice in all other Versus modes.

SWARM TEAM
While the Swarm team characters are not playable in Horde and Escape, they do get their own Arcade loadout, and bring passive and weapon trees into battle.

As you would expect, you can also use your favorite Swarm characters to represent you in the rest of Versus.

EARNABLE THROUGH GAMEPLAY
With the exclusion of the Halo: Reach Ultimate Edition and Terminator Characters, all future Characters – both COG Heroes and Swarm Characters – will be earned either through gameplay or purchased directly – whatever you choose to do!

Characters will be earnable forever once they are introduced, so even if you miss an Operation, you can always go back and earn the characters that matter most to you.

Select Character Skins will be available via Tour of Duty unlocks (directly earnable only), Supply Drop content (earnable only) and the Gears 5 Store (purchase only).

POST-LAUNCH SUPPORT
If you didn't catch it earlier, we'll be continually releasing more characters for free post-launch via Operations (more on those soon) to continually grow your roster and provide more ways to play.

While some of your old favorites may not be there day one, you can bet we'll be bringing them back and better than ever with unique playstyles that really make them pop. The wait will be worth it.

Look out for more information on our post-launch plans coming soon.

TC

Jan 4, 2018
You know it's funny when people go to a different thread and tell a story different to what really went on. I never once said anything about your avatar and you can go check post history if you think I did. I was also far from the only one calling you out about the whole "GTAV vs TLOU" thing. You were acting like the TGA's was the show that mattered more than any other outlet and multiple people called you out on that. Don't even try to spin in it to direct attacks at me Regis.
To be fair, TGA's GOTY is chosen by the industry consensus, it's not a single outlet but the aggregate of all of them.
It's kinda like considering the Metacritic aggregate as THE score of a game disregarding each individual review, be it better or worse.
It's not how it should ideally be, but we all do it because if you start weighting each opinion sepparately you'll never end, as there's as many opinions as people (well, unfortunately not that many, but quite a lot regardless hahah)

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Lol he is a member on here but got treated like shit era style. Cant blame him not liking it here anymore. Luckily he joins discord quite often.
This
If you want to discuss Twitter folk then take it to PM or simply ignore it and move on.
This. we are allowed to post stuff as long as era has no rules stating otherwise about the content being posted or person it's coming from. guys just report people who are trying to derail the thread and move on. The report system here actually works.

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
To be fair, TGA's GOTY is chosen by the industry consensus, it's not a single outlet but the aggregate of all of them.
It's kinda like considering the Metacritic aggregate as THE score of a game disregarding each individual review, be it better or worse.
It's not how it should ideally be, but we all do it because if you start weighting each opinion sepparately you'll never end, as there's as many opinions as people (well, unfortunately not that many, but quite a lot regardless hahah)
GDC Awards, Baftas, and Dice awards also have similar judges to the TGA's so they aren't the go to by default. Regardless when you word your opinion like this he shouldn't be surprised that myself and others called him out on it. He didn't even say anything about the TGA's, he decided to add that later. TLOU won 250+ GOTY awards so it shouldn't be a surprise to him when myself and others mention that. Has nothing to do with being a "console fanboy."
GTA V was GOTY, TLOU and Boringshock Infinite werent.

Last edited:

Heretic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
I'm personally really excited to see how often we receive post launch content/characters/maps/etc. and how well the Tour of Duty system works. I'm also hoping they don't charge more than $5 for a character skin, but that's just my opinion on the matter.
Really hope that my boy is available near launch!
8r5ZP0S.jpg

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Savage Kantus is so baller. Personally I hope they bring back Thrashball Drone.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
I'm personally really excited to see how often we receive post launch content/characters/maps/etc. and how well the Tour of Duty system works. I'm also hoping they don't charge more than $5 for a character skin, but that's just my opinion on the matter.
Really hope that my boy is available near launch!
8r5ZP0S.jpg
I would take a Gears 4 style lootbox system over what they did with characters like Aaron Griffin and RTJ. Let me earn the shit, even if it's indirectly through spending funbux on a gambling system.

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
I would take a Gears 4 style lootbox system over what they did with characters like Aaron Griffin and RTJ. Let me earn the shit, even if it's indirectly through spending funbux on a gambling system.
I mean, they're planning on making each character earn able and purchasable, so you got your wish!
Savage Kantus is so baller. Personally I hope they bring back Thrashball Drone.
Ah! A fellow cultured Gears player! I remember pre-ordering the Gears 3 special edition on Amazon just to get SK. lol
I'd expect Trashball Drone and Cole Train around Super Bowl season this or next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.