• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Bring it back, you cowards.

You see.. this is why they should get Panache Digital so that team can make Ancestors 2 which is basically B.C.

tenor.gif

Deleted member 53021

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 3, 2019
To be clear this is what I've seen on social media. None of it is from me. If you want to hear it from the source below. Timestamped so just press play and listen for a 2-3 minutes.

That is what I'm seeing in various forms on social Media from the guys XBOX engages with most frequently. I think it's a problem of their own making.

Note: That's the guy who writes for Windows Central. A guy who has featured heavily in era's XBOX OT's

i agree with you its a problem of xbox and their leaders making for making these guys feel relevant because in the eyes of some people these people have been given legitimacy by the xbxo executives who related with them...thats why people are constantly saying "even rand said,even jez,even A said, even B said"..none of them would matter if not for them being legitimized one way or the other...from that point i agree

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
User Banned (5 Days): Hostility towards another member, Accumulated infractions
If a nice guy like Rand upsets you, I think you're just an angry person to your core. Try doing some yoga or something, have a cup of tea. He's more consistent and reasonable than a lot of people here. No surprise this is coming from the the guy screeching about Sony every other comment. Honestly, your shit fits are just embarrassing. Don't bother dirtying my inbox with a reply. 🤢
I think youre reading too much into my post. Rand upset me? I could walk by the guy right now and not know it. He can still eat a hot 'n steamy bowl of d**** though.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i agree with you its a problem of xbox and their leaders making for making these guys feel relevant because in the eyes of some people these people have been given legitimacy by the xbxo executives who related with them...thats why people are constantly saying "even rand said,even jez,even A said, even B said"..none of them would matter if not for them being legitimized one way or the other...from that point i agree

Exactly.

There was a time early in Phil's tenure where he'd mainly only respond to a select few people and made these individuals personalities because it helped push the XBOX brand on social media. Now that those dudes have turned, started being negative about the XBOX direction on podcasts and such who is to blame? Phil Spencer, Aarron Greeberg, Mike etc etc They're the ones that built the platform by focusing on those specific individuals.

It is weird to see these guy frequently posted in the XBOX OTs. "Jez from windows central said" or something similar to that litters many a page of many XBOX OTs. Only to hear that now these dudes are trash and their opinions don't count.

Deleted member 53021

Banned
Feb 3, 2019
Exactly.

There was a time early in Phil's tenure where he'd mainly only respond to a select few people and made these individuals personalities because it helped push the XBOX brand on social media. Now that those dudes have turned, started being negative about the XBOX direction on podcasts and such who is to blame? Phil Spencer, Aarron Greeberg, Mike etc etc They're the ones that built the platform by focusing on those specific individuals.

It is weird to see these guy frequently posted in the XBOX OTs. "Jez from windows central said" or litters many a page of many XBOX OTs. Only to hear that now these dudes are trash and their opinions don't count.
this is so true...if they had treated everyone as equal none of this would happen...none of them would feel the games they like is more important than the game the other guy around the corner likes...its all pathetic and i get your point....these people would not have the audacity to even attack the xbox brand on even the techniques used for making games...none of them are professionals, none of them might not know even how budgeting for production is done but here we are with them acting like they know better than the executives who legitimized them...and i agree with everything you say there....by the xbox executives cozying upto these dudes they just centralized the power to control the narrative in their own community and most human beings are selfish so it was always going to be the case that these dudes people will try and control the narrative with the little legitimacy that has been given them by the xbox executives by putting their own personal preferences on the forefront whiles ignoring the bigger picture...that why now we have this dumb narrative that "hardcore gamers are those who want or play Triple A games" nothing else matters according to the clowns

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
Dude! I thought I was the only one. I used to love story cut scenes. During Ninja Gaiden on the NES I would always let the cut scenes play out. Over time I have grown weary of cut scenes in action games - especially cut scenes that go on for too long. One thing I like about the Zelda series is that Link does not talk. I am not opposed to narrative in games but I feel they need to be games first and foremost. It is annoying when I have 20 minutes free to play and then I am expected to sit through cut scene and tutorials. I have even seen comments from some indicating that gameplay was secondary to characters and story.

To each their own. I have no issue with people who prefer cinematic games. It just bothers me that games which are not cinematic are frequently disregarded. I have literally seen Forza Horizon and Halo Wars games dismissed from discussions because they are racing and RTS games respectively as if they do not count.
For me, RTS is way more hardcore than action or shooter games.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
Don't bother trying to define what is or isn't hardcore. There's no winning that argument; it could be any game.

I'd consider someone who plays Destiny 2 or some other MP game for 500+ hours in a year pretty hardcore. I'd also consider someone who buys 15 singleplayer games in a year pretty hardcore, too. Hell, someone who plays mobile games for hours on end can be considered hardcore. The type of game is really irrelevant.
I know, I thought "hardcore" was ascribed to the person not the genre. But now action adventure is necessary for hardcore. What did I miss?

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
What is wrong with you? Get this garbage out of here.
Wrong with me? Nothing is wrong with me. Its just my opinion. You don't share it, that's fine. Your prerogative. But I stand by mine.

Rand and crapgamer, among others are vultures, not journalists. And certainly not insiders. Far from it.

Last edited:

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I'm always amazed at how such fervor For remedy and games like scalebound never existed until either they were cancelled or about to be bought by Sony.

Man, that just brought back a ton of memories in regards to the cancellation of Scalebound. There were very few level headed people in some of those threads, but what a shit show. The game was more popular in death than any time during it's introduction and troubled development, but once it was cancelled it went to another level of posts and threads.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
Remedy under either platform is a good pickup. We're all fucked when Google starts grabbing studios, though.
See I don't think we are "all fucked". I really strain against the idea that there should be a single platform that has every game I want to play. It's a nice idea but it's not a healthy industry.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this is so true...if they had treated everyone as equal none of this would happen...none of them would feel the games they like is more important than the game the other guy around the corner likes...its all pathetic and i get your point....these people would not have the audacity to even attack the xbox brand on even the techniques used for making games...none of them are professionals, none of them might not know even how budgeting for production is done but here we are with them acting like they know better than the executives who legitimized them...and i agree with everything you say there....by the xbox executives cozying upto these dudes they just centralized the power to control the narrative in their own community and most human beings are selfish so it was always going to be the case that these dudes people will try and control the narrative with the little legitimacy that has been given them by the xbox executives by putting their own personal preferences on the forefront whiles ignoring the bigger picture...that why now we have this dumb narrative that "hardcore gamers are those who want or play Triple A games" nothing else matters according to the clowns

We here on Era particularly in the XBOX OT are partly to blame because we followed the direction of the leadership team. Sites like windows central and these youtubers have undoubtedly made a tidy sum from the clicks we've sent their way and the visibility we've given them over the course of several years.

Now they control a sizeable portion of the narrative on social media and are being negative who's fault is that. When they turn and start bashing the platform do we unfollow the same group of guys XBOX execs were just using as their mouth piece? Just recently Greenberg (the head of XBOX marketing) chose to highlight and praise one such individuals review of Crackdown 3 sending thousands of clicks his way. When he inevitably pivots and start criticizing like others before him...

I have long held the belief that XBOX needs a social media presence/team but it looks like they're in the process of letting go of a lot of talent that is best suited to said roles.

I think youre reading too much into my post. Rand upset me? I could walk by the guy right now and not know it. He can still eat a hot 'n steamy bowl of d**** though.

Is this really necessary?

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
Wrong with me? Nothing is wrong with me. Its just my opinion. You don't share it, that's fine. Your prerogative. But I stand by mine.

Rand and crapgamer, among others are vultures, not journalists. Far from it.
I don't have an issue with that you said. I have an issue with how you said it. I even think you saying, "they're vultures, not journalists" is a fair point to some degree.

Just leave the vulgar and gross comments (like your previous one) out of here. It's needlessly gross and you can make your point in other, more constructive ways.

It will both make your posts better to read and stop people from automatically dismissing you because you sound like you're 13 years old.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
I don't have an issue with that you said. I have an issue with how you said it. I even think you saying, "they're vultures, not journalists" is a fair point to some degree.

Just leave the vulgar and gross comments (like your previous one) out of here. It's needlessly gross and you can make your point in other, more constructive ways.

It will both make your posts better to read and stop people from automatically dismissing you because you sound like you're 13 years old.
Your opinion of my posts are just that. Perhaps mine is just a little more colorful than you prefer? I get it, but it depends on your perspective.

I think all the unnecessary Sony talks in this thread is a lot more than I'd like to read here, personally. Is that stopping anything? Will it suddenly end because I'd rather not read about Sony stuff here? Genuine question..

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I love Remedy and their games.
But putting them over Playgod Games, Ninja Theory, Double Fine and Obsidian? Nah...
Most of the people calling Remedy as perfect fit for Sony are the same people who said Alan Wake and Quantum Break are bad games.
Suddenly Remedy became the best studio in the world, a megaton.

What a joke.

Receipts, please.

Luckydog

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I love Remedy and their games.
But putting them over Playgod Games, Ninja Theory, Double Fine and Obsidian? Nah...
Most of the people calling Remedy as perfect fit for Sony are the same people who said Alan Wake and Quantum Break are bad games.
Suddenly Remedy became the best studio in the world, a megaton.
What a joke.

Not the best studio in the world at all. However, in recent years, Sony seems to have done a good job fostering very good third person action/adventure games that play well. Uncharted, Horizon Zero Dawn, The last of us, Spiderman, God of War. All of these are highly regarded games and all of these, especially the last of us, are similar to Remedy games such as Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. It is a fair discussion in my opinion to say that if Sony helped make all those other third persona A/A games great, perhaps they can help Remedy get to the next level as well.

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
AFAIK, yes all of them were private companies, so msft had only to talk and gave money to the right person

He was referring to escape

I don't agree with you on campaign, yet I had to agree that the pvp was the lowest point of the series, with the best ones being 1 and 4.
The fact that no one considered that point is a clear sign of how this echo camber is detached by the real gears community

Hardcore is a dumb word
Yeah that's super disappointing then. I'm not an escape hater, ign's interview made me a fan of it despite me not liking it at first, I love forge and it's essentially that so I can't complain but a large scale multiplayer gears with vehicles and such is soooooo slept on. Hordes are cool, that's fine, innovate and evolve it as much as you want but let's not act like the MP isn't the bread and butter of gears, arcade gives me some hope. Them always referring to it has me worried though, I'd really be disappointed if the new MP modes we get are like how 4 was with dodgeball and some others, yeah there fun but there just game modes, nothing more.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Not the best studio in the world at all. However, in recent years, Sony seems to have done a good job fostering very good third person action/adventure games that play well. Uncharted, Horizon Zero Dawn, The last of us, Spiderman, God of War. All of these are highly regarded games and all of these, especially the last of us, are similar to Remedy games such as Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. It is a fair discussion in my opinion to say that if Sony helped make all those other third persona A/A games great, perhaps they can help Remedy get to the next level as well.
What if Remedy was XGS? I dunno... They'd have all the resources they will ever need and be able to supply some amazing content for the brand - seeing as people keep saying XGS needs more SP games.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
What if Remedy was XGS? I dunno... They'd have all the resources they will ever need and be able to supply some amazing content for the brand - seeing as people keep saying XGS needs more SP games.
Hold up, people aren't saying they need more SP, they are saying they need more SP AAA critically acclaimed exclusive 3rd person action adventure games. None of the other games count.

Last edited:

Deleted member 53021

Banned
Feb 3, 2019
We here on Era particularly in the XBOX OT are partly to blame because we followed the direction of the leadership team. Sites like windows central and these youtubers have undoubtedly made a tidy sum from the clicks we've sent their way and the visibility we've given them over the course of several years.

Now they control a sizeable portion of the narrative on social media and are being negative who's fault is that. When they turn and start bashing the platform do we unfollow the same group of guys XBOX execs were just using as their mouth piece? Just recently Greenberg (the head of XBOX marketing) chose to highlight and praise one such individuals review of Crackdown 3 sending thousands of clicks his way. When he inevitably pivots and start criticizing like others before him...

I have long held the belief that XBOX needs a social media presence/team but it looks like they're in the process of letting go of a lot of talent that is best suited to said roles.
i agree....it is another flaw by the xbox leadership...no way in hell should they have banked their hopes on random youtubers or twitter accounts swaying public opinion for them....as you say they should have had a more engaging social media teams or whatever rather than banking their hopes on guys who are looking for clicks and popularity....from now anything that will further happen as a result of this mess will be their blame to take because believe you me, these dudes really control a sizeable portion of the narrative and it will only get worse from now....looking at the dumb assertions they have started putting up on their platforms now like "i cant wait anymore for games or hardcore gamers are those who like/want Triple A games" and all those childish crap...it will get worse and we will be here in this thread always from now on scratching our heads as to why microsoft is being lambasted for nothing because "rand,jez or whoever screeched about it"...thats the point we are at now...it will only get worse brace yourself for all the thrashing these people will give to games the new studios will release because they are not what they personally like and their weird followers will push that as a narrative and shove it under the throat of all of us and say "but but rand and jez said it so it must be true"

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The problem is they worked too long together and spent so much money with very little to show for it and very little success. They both needed a fresh start from each other.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
You do realize that new IP is something people WANT and have been asking for, right?
You realize we've all ready gotten them, with new ones on the way and people (especially fanboys from other platforms) roast what XGS has on tap now, right?

You realize theres this ridiculous narrative how XGS needs to make Sony-esque games now? And this new schtick about Remedy is comical at best. QB wasn't good enough and XGS would be better off with out Remedy but, suddenly its a great idea if they go over to Sony? And Control legit looks like a spiritual successor to QB if any game ever did. I'm sure you get the point.

Boy, please. Until the fanboy shenanigans and double standards cease, requests for what kind of games should be made under XGS by gamers can't and won't be taken seriously -- at least by me.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
There was a time early in Phil's tenure where he'd mainly only respond to a select few people and made these individuals personalities because it helped push the XBOX brand on social media.
"A select few people"? Phil Spencer would literally respond to just about anyone on Twitter. I'm pretty sure the last time he responded to Crapgamer (fuck that guy) was to call him out on complaining about Quantum Break going to PC.

Deleted member 53021

Banned
Feb 3, 2019
You do realize that new IP is something people WANT and have been asking for, right?
have you been living under a rock....none of these people said they want new ips they said what they want is PHOTOREALISTIC, CINEMATIC, ADVENTURE SHOOTER, SINGLE PLAYER, STORY DRIVEN, MEDIEVAL SETTING,TRIPPLE A, HIGH ADVERTISEMENT DRIVEN, HIGH METACRITIC SCORING, IGN ACCLAIMED GAMES or else whatever that game is sucks and no game dare miss any of these variables because that is what "hardcore gamers" want and they are "hardcore gamers"...where have you been lol new ips?...who told you thats enough for the people you talk of...

Luckydog

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

I agree with this. Both Sony and MS has money to spend helping first party devs. The difference is that Sony has proven repeatedly that can make those kind of games well, MS hasn't. That doesn't mean MS can't, just they have not shown they can yet. They probably need it more as it is a bit of a gap in MS's portfolio which is exacerbated by the fact that these games are popular now.

Conversely, MS benefited when FPS's were the most popular games around and they had Halo, one of the biggest FPS's in the world while Sony flopped around with Killzone and Resistance.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
The thing about the potential Rememedy acquisition is, it seems pretty obvious that if Microsoft wanted them they would have purchased them already. They've come up repeatedly here in acquisition discussions and the results are extremely polarizing (I personally love them). It isn't surprising to see people here not care that much. It isn't a major coup, it's like your competitor going for your ex.

On another note, I think we all need to chill. Yeah there is a bunch of hypocrisy out there, but that's just how people are. I've never played a Ninja Theory game (or even paid attention to them) but after acquisition am excited about what they may bring to the platform. Hell, i probably talked shit about Heavenly Sword back in my younger days. Maybe some of the Sony folks are in the same boat? Let them be excited like we were when Microsoft started making moves.

ft0263a

Alt account
Banned
May 30, 2019

Rand and crapgamer, among others are vultures, not journalists. And certainly not insiders. Far from it.
Yea there seems to be a group of people on YouTube that really push hard for Xbox and consider themselves insiders when it really isn't true.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
The problem is they worked too long together and spent so much money with very little to show for it and very little success. They both needed a fresh start from each other.

That's true. They took a very long time to make QB and it's a shame how short the game really is. I truly wish those live action episodes would have been playable chapters, but that would have delayed the game again I'm sure. It's kinda crazy how fast they are getting Control out of the door. But we discussed this yesterday, this time they had all the resources and tech from QB already and it really basically IS QB2.

I wonder if they were to make a second Alan Wake how long it would take them. People in the other thread like to blame MS for it all (what else is new huh? I mean jusr look at the comments jumping to conclusions about Scalebound, even when Kamiya AND Platinum both said what's up.) but the fact is that MS gave them plenty of time and money for both Alan Wake and QB. People seem to think Remedy will miraculously be able to release their games on time without any issues if they are under Sony... I say... Not so fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.