• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Undead Labs sure is hiring quite a lot of people from ArenaNet. I'm really hoping that they're able to knock it out of the park with their next game which could be the big MMO-like State of Decay game and past hires/talks seem to really point in that direction.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Why am I not surprised the Fiona Cherbak joining XGS thread turned to shit? Seems like gaming staff moving from one company to another is only relevant and important news if it goes to a beloved company, not if it goes to Microsoft, EA or Activision.

All of those threads turn to shit. No matter who moves and where they move.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
In theory I would agree. Practically that's simply not the case though. See the example above.

Huh clearly not as bad. Didn't even know about those :D

But i was also referring to Sony/Xbox threads i general. But i agree i was wrong about those hiring threads. My bad.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Huh clearly not as bad. Didn't even know about those :D

But i was also referring to Sony/Xbox threads i general. But i agree i was wrong about those hiring threads. My bad.
I'll say that inconsistency in moderation is part of the problem (not on a personal level of course, it just seems that the guidelines that are there get executed pretty random). The first page of that XGS hire thread is full of complaints about the existence of the thread (aka "threadwhining") without any moderation, while the Naughty Dog thread has exactly one of these exactly the same posts - and this one of course got a warning.

I think there are multiple other reasons why many from the Xbox community see this thread right here as the only place they participate in. It can be exhausting to discuss in other threads, and the situation displayed here is a perfect example.

Last edited:

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
Lobo: The Video Game would be a potential killer if properly executed.
This. There is so much variety that a developer could put into this character. It would also break the cycle where we have games that are mainly centered around heroes and not villains.

Other promising characters might be Bane, or make a game around Constatine.

Apr 6, 2018
I know that this isn't a MS thing, of course. I get that there are probably internal reasons and all that. I get it. As a huge Xbox fan, it's just very frustrating and disappointing to look at the graveyard of IP this gen. Some gems in there.

Anyhoo, just sad seeing that Alan Wake 2 wasn't secretly in the works for a surprise reveal E3 2020...
Gamepass is like Apocalypse in this (awesome) scene(in a bad movie).
Potential publishers is quite different from "every publisher around". There's no evidence that they actually pitched the game to those publishers, too, since they began developing Quantum Break quite quickly after Alan Wake's American Nightmare.
Yes but they could have showed to other publisher, sign that they had the opportunity but not the money,
About the other publisher thing, my memory got tricked on that part, but I was not too far, simply two sentences are not enough to clear that
It was pitched to MS as they surely would have 1st option on the game based on their publishing right. Xbox wanted a new IP, just like their fan base had been asking for. So they past on that pitch. Wasn't Control's publishing rights around $8-10 million which Sony and MS passed on?
From that pitch QB was born(I assume that Control too was born from QB2's pitch). IDK about the publishing rights of Control.
I thought it was pretty cool that Microsoft bought Psychonauts publishing rights like that. I realize it's a special situation since Starbreeze is on such thin ice, so not only were they more likely to sell but Microsoft had more reason to buy the rights. It's also a special because it's a game that's actively being made, so Doublefine would be really passionate about the control.

It'd be cool to see them pick up some of the other rights for older IP from the new acquisitions or some of the second party sleepers this gen like Ryse. I don't know what's really of any value that's still out of their control that anyone would actually sell, just a thought. Maybe Enslaved, but that's all I can think of off the cuff
I don't see MSFT buying Ryse, basically it's an action set during a fantasy version of the roman empire.
They used the Bootynaccci Sequence.
This comment should be a Threadmark

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
I'll say that inconsistency in moderation is part of the problem (not on a personal level of course, it just seems that the guidelines that are there get executed pretty random). The first page of that XGS hire thread is full of complaints about the existence of the thread (aka "threadwhining") without any moderation, while the Naughty Dog thread has exactly one of these exactly the same posts - and this one of course got a warning.

I think there are multiple other reasons why many from the Xbox community see this thread right here as the only place they participate in. It can be exhausting to discuss in other threads, and the situation displayed here is a perfect example.

Agree on that.

predrag

Oct 27, 2017
I am happy for future XGS output, only thing that Xbox is lacking is some kind of surprise IP or unexpected collaboration. Big or small, doesn't matter, just give us spark that goes beyound expected.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Having a 'safe space' doesn't help the situation. Report the posts. There are tons of positive threads on Xbox. The response to Gamepass as just one example. Don't play into this persecution complex. It plays into console wars.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Well, this is not a disaster, but Alan Wake 2 on PS4 (even more if its only on) would be like FFXIII on Xbox 360, even worse, because MS backed Alan Wake, unlike Sony with the Final Fantasy saga, Alan Wake was one of their most important exclusives of 2010, alongside with giants like Mass Effect 2 and Halo Reach, and the game was hyped for years, from that to a Sony exclusive or full multiplatform, well.
Edit: missquote

But where is this coming from? This only on PS4/5 thing? Nobody wanted to pick up Alan Wake 2, so why would a potential sequel be Sony exclusive? Control could have been exclusive but it isn't. I'm fine with Alan Wake possibly coming to Sony consoles, Switch etc, but if there's a real remaster/remake or a proper sequel it would make no sense to not come to Xbox. I would find it extremely shitty, that's for sure.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
But where is this coming from? This only on PS4/5 thing? Nobody wanted to pick up Alan Wake 2, so why would a potential sequel be Sony exclusive? Control could have been exclusive but it isn't. I'm fine with Alan Wake possibly coming to Sony consoles, Switch etc, but if there's a real remaster/remake or a proper sequel it would make no sense to not come to Xbox. I would find it extremely shitty, that's for sure.

Cos the story is more important than the likely reality. Gamers do this allllll the time.

Deleted member 53021

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 3, 2019
Having a 'safe space' doesn't help the situation. Report the posts. There are tons of positive threads on Xbox. The response to Gamepass as just one example. Don't play into this persecution complex. It plays into console wars.
how does that play into the console wars...he is stating the obvious and all you could say that what he is obviously saying which is obvious is playing into the console wars because there are 1 or 2 positive xbox thread...smh i dont know why sometimes some people try so hard to deflect the reality of the situation...what do you gain in doing that...its not like in doing that the issue at hand will get solve...it only leaves it unsolved for it to brew and graduate into something worse...time to face the reality and stop all these deflections...what klobrille said is the truth..he even tried to be moderate with his wording..for me its worse than that on this platform

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
how does that play into the console wars...he is stating the obvious and all you could say that what he is obviously saying which is obvious is playing into the console wars because there are 1 or 2 positive xbox thread...smh i dont know why sometimes some people try so hard to deflect the reality of the situation...what do you gain in doing that...its not like in doing that the issue at hand will get solve...it only leaves it unsolved for it to brew and graduate into something worse...time to face the reality and stop all these deflections...what klobrille said is the truth..he even tried to be moderate with his wording..for me its worse than that on this platform

This is what I'm talking about. This doesn't help. You say things like "all you could say", that's not all I said. Over the past year as Sony has stumbled with PR issue after PR issue until more recently, and this forum has rightfully criticized them. I really don't know what else to say besides if you want it to change, hiding out in here isn't going to fix it.

Luckydog

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
This is what I'm talking about. This doesn't help. You say things like "all you could say", that's not all I said. Over the past year as Sony has stumbled with PR issue after PR issue until more recently, and this forum has rightfully criticized them. I really don't know what else to say besides if you want it to change, hiding out in here isn't going to fix it.

Honestly, that doesn't accurately reflect the real world situation.... and throwing around *persecution complex* at anybody who points out the BS that is done to MS positive threads doesn't help you "cause". There is a world of difference between a negative Sony PR thread with a handful of pages, most of which are downplay, "return of the king" etc vs. a MS thread filled for dozens of pages with hyperbole and distraction. Look at something as simple as the Alan Wake publishing rights. A minor story about a contract coming to an end and publishing rights reverting back to the dev turns into PR DISASTER FOR MICROSOFT!

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, that doesn't accurately reflect the real world situation.... and throwing around *persecution complex* at anybody who points out the BS that is done to MS positive threads doesn't help you "cause". There is a world of difference between a negative Sony PR thread with a handful of pages, most of which are downplay, "return of the king" etc vs. a MS thread filled for dozens of pages with hyperbole and distraction. Look at something as simple as the Alan Wake publishing rights. A minor story about a contract coming to an end and publishing rights reverting back to the dev turns into PR DISASTER FOR MICROSOFT!

I could post a few threads which contradict your "handful of pages", something like a Sony crossplay that had 7500+ replies, but I feel like this will fall on deaf ears. I'll take a different approach, if some of you feel this strongly about having to post ONLY in here, there's something wrong and we should fix it.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
I don't get this fascination over Remedy. Alan wake and Quantum Break bombed so hard. I can understand why no publisher wanted to touch an AW sequel. I mean Control is being published by 505 games which is a meh publisher. I think Remedy would actually benefit from a Sony support

Oct 27, 2017
Well, this is not a disaster, but Alan Wake 2 on PS4 (even more if its only on) would be like FFXIII on Xbox 360, even worse, because MS backed Alan Wake, unlike Sony with the Final Fantasy saga, Alan Wake was one of their most important exclusives of 2010, alongside with giants like Mass Effect 2 and Halo Reach, and the game was hyped for years, from that to a Sony exclusive or full multiplatform, well.
Edit: missquote

If aw2 comes out, it will be well over a decade since the first one. It will have zero impact on anything....

Did you forget the sarcasm bit? Honest question

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
img_20190702_143736owk1p.jpg

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
Was playing Gears 2 last night in the cave level.....my goodness it looks current gen the amount of details and scale of the whole thing. I would love to see it revisited in Gears 5 with nextgen power O.o

Parker Petrov

Nov 1, 2017
Undead Labs sure is hiring quite a lot of people from ArenaNet. I'm really hoping that they're able to knock it out of the park with their next game which could be the big MMO-like State of Decay game and past hires/talks seem to really point in that direction.

I would like to see them nail the standard game before they move on to an mmo. The jump between SOD 1 and SOD 2 isn't really much of a difference. What make SOD special is the base building features and expanding those and centering it around making and culitivating a community is important. I don't think those features could be maintained in an mmo. i also don't hitnk they have the staff to maintain an MMO.

bdsams

Executive Editor of Petri.com and Thurrott.com
Verified
Apr 23, 2019

Anthem was the code name for xCloud based on the One S hardware, if I remember correctly, according to bdsams . Is Yarnell the Scarlett variant?

Yes, Yarnell is an update for xCloud - I wrote or did a video about it somewhere but i dont think it's the full Scarlett rollout for xcloud -

And this confirms my video earlier this year that Anthem is the internal codename for some of the xCloud platform - https://youtu.be/kvVp5cXZGlM?t=143

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
That thread with Brad's video got locked, for lack of effort by the OP.

Step up your game, Theorry lol
Lol i could care less to be fair. Its always been a discussion even with DF threads. People watching the vid is the content creator their income and putting a breakdown in the OP will result in less views.
If people cant watch it because they are at work they can watch it later then. Or if someone else makes breakdown thats fine also thats their choice. I tend to stick my principle. Most of the time its fine btw. Never got a warning for it. Guess depends who is online that day or who reports.

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He got a *warning* for that? What the fuck? Is this a joke lol?

Crazy, huh lol.

Lol i could care less to be fair. Its always been a discussion even with DF threads. People watching the vid is the content creator their income and putting a breakdown in the OP will result in less views.
If people cant watch it because they are at work they can watch it later then. Or if someone else makes breakdown thats fine also thats their choice. I tend to stick my principle. Most of the time its fine btw. Never got a warning for it. Guess depends who is online that day or who reports.

Oh I know, was just yanking your chain :).

I've never seen anyone get warned for having an OP with just a video before. New standards have been set I am sure.....

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Come on now, the rules for content creation have always been transparent and simple; put effort into the OP

"
Show Some Effort

Being the Original Poster (OP) of a thread means that it's up to you to provide the foundation for good discussion. When you create a thread, you should include more than just one or two short sentences; make sure that there is enough substance to sustain an interesting conversation. Write as clearly and articulately as possible. Consider whether you're presenting the subject in a way that will generate good discussion. Make sure you are posting the thread in the correct section of the forum, and use the preview feature to double check your work before posting. After creating your thread, consider adding a Cover Image to spruce up its presentation. Do not make provocative threads only to bail on them after the first post. All of the rules outlined in other parts of this document also apply to thread creation."

"putting a breakdown in the OP will result in less views"...I'm pretty sure it will get more views than it would if it otherwise wasn't posted. No one is saying to have a detailed write up on the video, but provide some frame for discussion.

Just linking a video isn't good enough. What do you want people discuss? Give people a synopsis. As the creator, what do you want people to discuss? What's your thoughts on the video?Otherwise, anyone can go to YouTube or twitter and find that video themselves

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Come on now, the rules for content creation have always been transparent and simple; put effort into the OP

"
Show Some Effort

Being the Original Poster (OP) of a thread means that it's up to you to provide the foundation for good discussion. When you create a thread, you should include more than just one or two short sentences; make sure that there is enough substance to sustain an interesting conversation. Write as clearly and articulately as possible. Consider whether you're presenting the subject in a way that will generate good discussion. Make sure you are posting the thread in the correct section of the forum, and use the preview feature to double check your work before posting. After creating your thread, consider adding a Cover Image to spruce up its presentation. Do not make provocative threads only to bail on them after the first post. All of the rules outlined in other parts of this document also apply to thread creation."

Just linking a video isn't good enough. What do you want people discuss? Give people a synopsis. As the creator, what do you want people to discuss? What's your thoughts on the video?Otherwise, anyone can go to YouTube or twitter and find that video themselves

Thats acting like every thread is made with a personal opinion. Lots of threads (mostly) vid threads are news threads.
Why is this thread fine then?

I dont want to get the OP in trouble. Because i agree with such a OP also as that results in people clicking the vid and then discuss the content of the vid. Thats part of the "What do you want people discuss?"

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like I said, I'll expect to see warnings dished out regularly for any thread that just has a video in it.

Funny thing was that there was four mods posting in that thread and only one mentioned the sparse OP lol.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Was playing Gears 2 last night in the cave level.....my goodness it looks current gen the amount of details and scale of the whole thing. I would love to see it revisited in Gears 5 with nextgen power O.o

Gears 2 in general looks good in 4K. I stopped playing Gears on the 360 about 20% of the way through Gears 2. Think I quit when I met the rockworms. The 4K update for the X got me curious so I gave it another go. It's in my top 15 gaming experiences of this gen. Best Gears game. Holds up very well.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Thats acting like every thread is made with a personal opinion. Lots of threads (mostly) vid threads are news threads.
Why is this thread fine then?

I dont want to get the OP in trouble. Because i agree with such a OP also as that results in people clicking the vid and then discuss the content of the vid. Thats part of the "What do you want people discuss?"
A Moderator kindly asked you in the thread to add a little more information to the OP, and 45minutes passed and the OP was not updated. To me I can see why the decision was made to close the OP.

The thread you just linked at least has a brief synopsis.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

"
Show Some Effort

"putting a breakdown in the OP will result in less views"...I'm pretty sure it will get more views than it would if it otherwise wasn't posted. No one is saying to have a detailed write up on the video, but provide some frame for discussion.

The problem isn't the guideline. The problem is that these guidelines gets executed completely random and selective, just like the thread whining examples given on the previous page.

I mean sorry, but Theorry is a known quality poster here and definitely not someone who intents low-effort posts that deserve a warning lol. That's just a big fucking joke, sorry.

The XGS hiring thread is filled with thread whining and nothing happens. Theorry posts news based on a YouTube video like many do and gets a warning. Okay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.