• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
D9C-zzuXsAEBDAE

love it!

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Gears felt just like another gears and fans will love it, but for them it was pretty meh
How can you and they make this kind of statements? they showed NOTHING about campaign and Versus, if Escape looks the same for you... then... i don't know, maybe you are indeed a troll as a lot of us been saying, you just say something nice about other game trying to fix it.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I would fucking love it if Obsidian got some people from some of MS' combat-focused studios in there and built an RPG with really top shelf combat. Feels like we've moved away from even trying that after ME.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
How can you and they make this kind of statements? they showed NOTHING about campaign and Versus, if Escape looks the same for you... then... i don't know, maybe you are indeed a troll as a lot of us been saying, you just say something nice about other game trying to fix it.

Ehhh? Seriously what is your problem? I dont need to glorify everything Microsoft does and those aren't my impressions.

Deleted member 47654

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Ehhh? Seriously what is your problem? I dont need to glorify everything Microsoft does and those aren't my impressions.
Of course you don't need to, but you always trying to antagonize with someone praising a MS's game that you hate, just like earlier this morning when i said "if Gears 5 is a 90+ MC Game it Will be on NPD List" You went on detective mode with a bigass list of reasons for Gears 5 to fail sales wise.
Also, you say those arent you impressions, so ¿Why to share them in a thread where everyone agrees that Gears 5 looks fucking awesome?
THAT Is my problem with you pal, and don't worry, ill use the ignore button from now on.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Looking at the battletoads fan reaction (hint everyone hates it) i am trying to remember what the fan reaction for KI was like...

I feel like a lot thought it looked bad but now its seen as one of the best xbox one games and some cobsider it even the best KI game.

I was thinking maybe battletoads will be like this but im starting to doubt. It seems to me they are trying to make it an e for everyone game (maybe Im wrong but it seems that way from the artstyle and cartoony violence). More importantly though is the lack of online co op. I just dont get it... Didnt battletoads on rare replay have online co op?

Hopefully it is just a really well designed game and can make up for the lack of online co op...

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, no need to argue about whether KOTOR or Mass Effect is better. Both are pretty subpar in terms of gameplay.

*runs away*

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Of course you don't need to, but you always trying to antagonize with someone praising a MS's game that you hate, just like earlier this morning when i said "if Gears 5 is a 90+ MC Game it Will be on NPD List" You went on detective mode with a bigass list of reasons for Gears 5 to fail sales wise.
Also, you say those arent you impressions, so ¿Why to share them in a thread where everyone agrees that Gears 5 looks fucking awesome?
THAT Is my problem with you pal, and don't worry, ill use the ignore button from now on.

Because it won't be top10 in NPD. And sure just use it

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Welp, Killer Instinct is a 3D, high quality reimagination of of classic franchise, while Battletoads looks like a Flash game. If I remember correctly, KI announcement in 2013 was greeted with much enthusiasm.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Most people were super hyped about KI because it was a fresh take on the series but still retained the cooler aspects of the previous games. Throw in all the fan fave characters, the added seasons, the fleshed out storymode and also the damn amazing combat feel, it made sense that KI was received so well. Such a shame it was not around for Game Pass. Seriously MS, put it on Game Pass.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Battletoads looks great. I'm so happy it turned out as good as did. It's exactly how I was envisioning it in my head. If that's what a flash game looks like, give me more flash games lol. But also I'm an open minded person who enjoys a wide range of genres and aesthetics lol.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
I bet some of the OG xbox and maybe 360 games will be running at 8k on scarlett?

I am pretty damn excited that 4 gens of games will play on scarlett.

Roman Bellic

Banned
Jun 13, 2019
Peter Wyse is head (general manger) of Xbox Game Studios (Global) Publishing.

Karl Stricker is like under him and he's Director of Gaming Business Expansion. Whatever that means. Same for Nico Bihary, who is a Director of Microsoft Global Gaming Partnership & Development (GGPD) at Xbox for second party games. He shipped already Rise of the Tomb Raider, Dead Rising 4, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS and now he's working with Smilegate to bring CrossfireX (published by Xbox Game Studios) for console.

Nope! But we did consider that one... and over a hundred others. You'd be amazed (or really, not, in this day and age) how hard it is to find a name that some LLC or side business doesn't already use.
Will you share more details about this studio when it'll be legalized? Like, how it will look partnership work with Relic (Age of Empires IV) or Forgotten Empires (Definitive Editions), it will have own website and social profiles or it will use current ones, what devs will work with them, etc., etc.?

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I wish MS drop the green and go with Black themed + White text. So much more elegant.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Watched couple youtubers review for E3. Gears felt just like another gears and fans will love it, but for them it was pretty meh. Bleeding edge was fantastic and i am getting really hyped about that game.

They also said Xcloud feels really really good. There is lag, but it doesn't matter when playing SP games. Getting hyped up for Xcloud too!

I agree with the other guy, though. There's not enough info for anyone to say 'Gears 5 feels like just another Gears'. Especially in a year where the devs say they've made the biggest changes to the formula since inception.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Peter Wyse has a pretty solid record at WB, seems like he played a big part in the Shadow of Mordor series and the Akrham games. Good record for growing studios and letting them create pretty unique experiences within recognizable properties. Seems like an excellent fit for global publishing.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree with the other guy, though. There's not enough info for anyone to say 'Gears 5 feels like just another Gears'. Especially in a year where the devs say they've made the biggest changes to the formula since inception.

There's also nothing telling us it's gonna be crazy new, so it's easy to expect just more of the same

Apr 6, 2018
I think FH is bigger than Gears at this point.

FH3 outsold Gears 4 without Gamepass. Gears 5 seems to have lost some momentum after E3 with little hype post show ( Youtube views, big gamers talking about it, Escape mode impressions being mixed etc).

Coalition will deliver a very good game but will they produce a great game, I am still on the fence.
I won't be that sure, gears 4 was played by 8 mln people by e3 2018, just one less than fh3. And this time the gamepass is way bigger and there's steam.
And the game is a fucking huge pack.
Escape will 100% have its own community, since peaking records, speedrunning, crazy modifiers(ROd stated that you could even have melee only enemies) and topping the 8 difficulty levels searching the perfect build.
Man, that 20by2020 wasn't too far off.
especially if you considers that there are three extra studios under the same name
There is no better than Mass Effect. It's the pinnacle of sci fi video games.
I have a pretty low opinion of me as the start of rpgs death. Everything that TOW showed at e3 to me is superior to ME
LOL, Watchu talking about, Mass Effect 3 plays better than Gears 3
ROTFL
Welp, Killer Instinct is a 3D, high quality reimagination of of classic franchise, while Battletoads looks like a Flash game. If I remember correctly, KI announcement in 2013 was greeted with much enthusiasm.
Why 2.5d is considered "high quality"? Everyone hated Ki3 in 2013 and only after a few months gained traction.
You just had to watch it beyond the new look, which is well executed, it may not be your thing, but this a different thing, it's a dev choice

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
There's also nothing telling us it's gonna be crazy new, so it's easy to expect just more of the same
Last time I checked Escape wasn't in the previous Gears games. Beyond that, of course Gears 5 multiplayer was going to feel and play like Gears. What's exciting is that they've improved the gunplay, put a bigger emphasis on melee and straight up just improved what was already the best 3rd person shooter on the market.
You arent sad about no online?
Yea that's really disappointing, I hope that's added in at some point.

Jimmy1984

Banned
May 19, 2018
We do, it just hasn't cleared legal yet. Once that's done and the logo is in place, we'll show it off.

Hi Mr Isgreen. I'm really impressed by AOE2 definitive edition. You have done a really great job.
Do you think It would be a good idea prepare something about the AOE2DE 20th anniversary? (Similar to the Aoe show at Gamescom 2017)

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
People really do kind of take gears gunplay for granted.
It really is the best playing tps that I have played and it plays way better than comparable shooters on the market
But because its gameplay is almost all shooting it gets repetitive and people forget how above the rest it really is.

SpinierBlakeD

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
I like mass effect and all but I mean... Kotor is just better. The best part of mass effect is the conversation with soveriegn... Kotor had a moment like that in every world.
If you only like shooter gameplay I guess you might think mass effect is better.
I'm talking about Mass Effect more as a series not just the first game (though I'd argue the first game had many moments just as good as talking to sovereign). Idk, I tried playing Kotor last year and just couldn't get into it. For starters, I don't like Star Wars. But I also couldn't stand the gameplay. Game definitely feels it's age.

SpinierBlakeD

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
I have a pretty low opinion of me as the start of rpgs death. Everything that TOW showed at e3 to me is superior to ME
Different strokes I guess. I'm reeaaallllyyy not a fan of the BGS style first person simulation RPG. And Obsidian seems to follow that mold to a tee. I think RPG's like Mass Effect and The Witcher are superior in every conceivable way. It's why I'm much more excited to see what Playground does with Fable than I am about what Obsidian has next.

Status
Not open for further replies.