• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
Potential acquisitions I could think of (that are all at least somewhat realistic)

Playdead
Ready at Dawn
Asobo
Crytek
Turtle Rock
IO
Double Fine
Splash Damage
Ruffian
Typhoon
Iron Galaxy
Piranha
DONTNOD
Moon
4A
Giant Sparrow
Night School
Odd Tales
Sumo Digital
Certain Affinity
Housemarque
Mistwalker
Aurora44
Capybara
Hazelight
Armature
Deck13
People Can Fly
Thatgamecompany
Studio MDHR
Relic
Techland
Bluepoint

If you could add 3 of these studios to Xbox Game Studios, which 3 would you choose?

Out of the ones you mentioned I would take Moon, DONTNOD, and IO because they are each very talented and could do amazing things with more resources. I'd add Asobo as a bonus.

Mistwalker would be great if they let Sakaguchi build out a multi-team studio, but I'm not even sure what he's doing these days.

All that said, I think we could get one acqusition tomorrow. I don't think MS wants to keep setting the expectation of multiple studio acquisitions for every E3.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I cannot wait for some Halo Infinite reveals

but you know what I also really really want?

a fucking Alien Isolation level of awesome Jurassic Park game

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
In regards to that "14 is the minimum, not the maximum", that comment is both confusing and interesting.

It could mean so many things:
1. They aren't counting DLC in that minimum number
2. They aren't counting updates in that minimum bumber
3. They aren't counting The Outer Worlds in that minimum
4. They aren't counting Wastelands 3 in that minimum
5. They aren't counting games by studios that they haven't acquired yet and are going to announce tomorrow

There is literally so many things that that can mean and I'm going to go insane thinking about it.
Is this confirmed?

Deleted member 38088

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Since the new app is an electron app, do y'all think they would release it on Mac and Linux? Even if it just streams the games via xCloud.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Phil Spencer and Major Nelson in the new podcast. Phil Spencer said "I tweeted that we had 14 first party games and-", Major Nelson replied "That's a minimum number too, are we allowed to say that?" and Phil said "Well I didn't want to say that 14 was a minimum on Twitter because then people would analyze it and say how many studios do they have, how many partnerships do they have, does this count as an XGS game, does that count as an XGS game, etc. but I'll just say we have a lot of first party games to show."
He sho did!

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, i hope MS DONT buy Sumo Digital, they're consistently mediocre.

Johnson

Jan 8, 2018
I cannot wait for some Halo Infinite reveals

but you know what I also really really want?

a fucking Alien Isolation level of awesome Jurassic Park game
3 of these have since been announced, so it's probably on the way!

jwe_leak_part_1.jpg

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA

This is where we'll get our Banjo if Shinobi is correct about Banjo being the next DLC character. Not in Microsoft's conference.

bdsams

Executive Editor of Petri.com and Thurrott.com
Verified
Apr 23, 2019
Only way you can redeem now is posting the anaconda specs yourself

Sorry, had to try

Ive heard several times that the absolute final specs are not locked down - clock speeds and other items are still in flux - this why when i see a definitive spec list dump, i have serious doubts.

Deleted member 38088

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
How do we know the app is electron? It's already out?

Also it's eating up so much ram that it just has to be. All new MS apps are electron nowadays, Skype, Teams, Xbox, etc. It's easier for cross platform development.

Edit: If anyone wants to get the app themselves, you can try this: https://store.rg-adguard.net/ Just paste the link to the app without the tab overflow thing at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.