• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
They said they are trying to cut out as much of the talking out of the conference as they can and get it down to 90 minutes which is the sweet spot. Phil said he knows gamers don't want to see him talking and just want to see games.
I see now he really was just talking about himself. Alright then.

Johnson

Jan 8, 2018
The store listing for the new app has got this in the background, these are all PC games except for Halo 5. Halo 5: Forge, the free version, has different box art - so is the full Halo 5 coming to PC?

newxboxapp.jpg

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it has a huge fanbase both on pc and console...if XGS gets io interactive that becomes first party ip too...fingers crossed...whatever happens tomorrow interms of studio acquisitions i think we will all be satisfied

Really? i'm surprised folks still remember or that a fan base has stuck around for so long. I mean i'd love for MS to get IO just to get a sequel or a reboot for next gen, now that would be unrivaled.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
The store listing for the new app has got this in the background, these are all PC games except for Halo 5. Halo 5: Forge, the free version, has different box art - so is the full Halo 5 coming to PC?

newxboxapp.jpg
There's always a wall between marketing and the devs. I wouldn't get too excited just yet.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
In regards to that "14 is the minimum, not the maximum", that comment is both confusing and interesting.

It could mean so many things:
1. They aren't counting DLC in that minimum number
2. They aren't counting updates in that minimum bumber
3. They aren't counting The Outer Worlds in that minimum
4. They aren't counting Wastelands 3 in that minimum
5. They aren't counting games by studios that they haven't acquired yet and are going to announce tomorrow

There is literally so many things that that can mean and I'm going to go insane thinking about it.

Sampo

Jan 23, 2019
Potential acquisitions I could think of (that are all at least somewhat realistic)

Playdead
Ready at Dawn
Asobo
Crytek
Turtle Rock
IO
Double Fine
Splash Damage
Ruffian
Typhoon
Iron Galaxy
Piranha
DONTNOD
Moon
4A
Giant Sparrow
Night School
Odd Tales
Sumo Digital
Certain Affinity
Housemarque
Mistwalker
Aurora44
Capybara
Hazelight
Armature
Deck13
People Can Fly
Thatgamecompany
Studio MDHR
Relic
Techland
Bluepoint

If you could add 3 of these studios to Xbox Game Studios, which 3 would you choose?

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Potential acquisitions I could think of (that are all at least somewhat realistic)

Playdead
Ready at Dawn
Asobo
Crytek
Turtle Rock
IO
Double Fine
Splash Damage
Ruffian
Typhoon
Iron Galaxy
Piranha
DONTNOD
Moon
4A
Giant Sparrow
Night School
Odd Tales
Sumo Digital
Certain Affinity
Housemarque
Mistwalker
Aurora44
Capybara
Hazelight
Armature
Deck13
People Can Fly
Thatgamecompany
Studio MDHR
Relic
Techland
Bluepoint

If you could add 3 of these studios to Xbox Game Studios, which 3 would you choose?
Crytek for the engine, Double Fine for the uniqueness of their games, RaD for them to have a footprint in VR on PC.

Nov 14, 2017
I can't say whether or not it is accurate, but you can't really compare teraflops across architectures as teraflops aren't the only factor that affects performance. So, being higher TFs than the Nvidia card doesn't necessarily mean it will provide better graphics output.

Agreed, but the devs do more perf work on console. So 15 Teraflop console would be a beasty machine.

Rockstar achieved 4k native resolution on the x with inferior GPU and CPU.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Phil Spencer and Major Nelson in the new podcast. Phil Spencer said "I tweeted that we had 14 first party games and-", Major Nelson replied "That's a minimum number too, are we allowed to say that?" and Phil said "Well I didn't want to say that 14 was a minimum on Twitter because then people would analyze it and say how many studios do they have, how many partnerships do they have, does this count as an XGS game, does that count as an XGS game, etc. but I'll just say we have a lot of first party games to show."

grosbard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phil Spencer and Major Nelson in the new podcast. Phil Spencer said "I tweeted that we had 14 first party games and-", Major Nelson replied "That's a minimum number too, are we allowed to say that?" and Phil said "Well I didn't want to say that 14 was a minimum on Twitter because then people would analyze it and say how many studios do they have, how many partnerships do they have, does this count as an XGS game, does that count as an XGS game, etc. but I'll just say we have a lot of first party games to show."

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.