• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2018
That Ninja Theory looks like Dookie

I hope they also bring a singleplayer 3rd person narrative driven real GOTY Contender EXCLUSIVE to E3 along with this Bleeding Edgy

Okay, being honest now, the game looks bad because of the Rage + Fallout Aestethic, i was expecting some PVP action with an artstyle inspired on Mass Effect and Warframe, not this shit.
Didnt I warn you bout that Sci-Fi shit before
jk
I must admit I'm not a big fan of MS going all in on Game Pass. This new marketing that they just mention Game Pass instead of Xbox/Windows 10 like in the past few years seems pretty weird for me. I understand that Game Pass does really well and probably it is the only successful initiative for MS this gen that worked out but IMO this marketing can create confusion among those who don't follow gaming industry closely so they can get the wrong idea what you need to have subscription in order to play the game.
Yea it's weird, especially after this article last yr I believe
https://gamingbolt.com/xbox-game-pass-wont-replace-full-game-purchases-microsoft

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This E3 seems massive for Xbox. They are debuting a new console gen, a new streaming service of XCloud, a bunch of new games, some new IP, probably some new studios, and new games in their flagship IPs.

And they have all the spotlight, as other platform holders pulled out. I'm really excited!

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
You can cross that one off.
tenor.gif

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
No leaks in the past few hours. Does that mean they've been stopped? Or we getting slammed with the rest of the show tomorrow night?

I feel like if this was just for attention, we would've gotten the rest by now. If we get more tomorrow, then we know someone is trying to be a dick and nothing more than that.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
No leaks in the past few hours. Does that mean they've been stopped? Or we getting slammed with the rest of the show tomorrow night?

I feel like if this was just for attention, we would've gotten the rest by now. If we get more tomorrow, then we know someone is trying to be a dick and nothing more than that.
There will be more leaks tomorrow and then more leaks the morning of the conference. That's how it is every year, we just don't know the extent of the leaks.

I of course would prefer no more leaks to happen until the conference is over but it's very unrealistic to expect that based on history.

Also, it's like getting close to midnight in the USA. People are going to sleep and the press (which is normally what leakers want, exposure) aren't going to write articles about leaks at midnight. So from a leaker wanting attention standpoint it makes sense to wait until the morning.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise

The Banjo trailer keeps having audio desync issues. I'll have to upload it in the morning.

Redesigned83

Jul 9, 2018
I want to go dark but I don't even know what I'd do to take my mind off checking here and reddit every hour. I honestly feel like MS is going to have some amazing announcements but they won't be for me (and I guess that's ok).

I've had a list of about 6-7 things that if any one of them happened I'd be satisfied, the closer we've gotten to E3 the more things either got scratched off or appear to be very unlikely. Still excited, just find myself wishing on a lot of stars.

Joseph

Jul 7, 2018
The morning hours leading to the show are going to be what can potentially spoil everything just like in 2016. I know every year is hyped by Xbox as the best E3, but I truly feel like this is one of the most important ones with the new teams, services and peak into next gen.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I want to go dark but I don't even know what I'd do to take my mind off checking here and reddit every hour. I honestly feel like MS is going to have some amazing announcements but they won't be for me (and I guess that's ok).

I've had a list of about 6-7 things that if any one of them happened I'd be satisfied, the closer we've gotten to E3 the more things either got scratched off or appear to be very unlikely. Still excited, just find myself wishing on a lot of stars.

Out of curiosity what things are on your list?

I been a gamer for a long time and reading about Megatons being dropped at the MS conference is exciting, but honestly, I can't think of anything that would be a Megaton. I guess if MS bought Sega or another Major studio, but I really cant think of what would be a Megaton. Which leads me to ask what list you have to see if I am not thinking of something.

But not just aimed at you, what would anyone here consider a Megaton announcement/reveal etc?

willbsn

Oct 25, 2017

I been a gamer for a long time and reading about Megatons being dropped at the MS conference is exciting, but honestly, I can't think of anything that would be a Megaton. I guess if MS bought Sega or another Major studio, but I really cant think of what would be a Megaton. Which leads me to ask what list you have to see if I am not thinking of something.

But not just aimed at you, what would anyone here consider a Megaton announcement/reveal etc?

PGR Revival for me. I would go nuts

Redesigned83

Jul 9, 2018

1. Jade Raymond joining XGS
2. IO Interactive
3. Perfect Dark Reboot
4. ReCore 2 AAA budget
5. Ryse 2
6. Fable
7. Asobo

Ofcourse new IPs are exciting but that's not really something you can put on a wishlist. I know Gears is going to show well, Gears is the reason I stayed with Xbox but if I'm being honest it isn't as important to me currently as it was when this gen started, that may change with how "mind blowing" Gears 5 is supposedly.

As for your Megaton question, I don't even know if what MS thinks is a megaton is really a megaton to me anymore. I think buying an IP like they did Gears would be cool...idk how much it would cost to get Metal Gear from Konami but they should make the call or maybe EA would listen to calls about Mass Effect.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
2. IO Interactive
3. Perfect Dark Reboot
4. ReCore 2 AAA budget
5. Ryse 2
6. Fable
7. Asobo

Ofcourse new IPs are exciting but that's not really something you can put on a wishlist. I know Gears is going to show well, Gears is the reason I stayed with Xbox but if I'm being honest it isn't as important to me currently as it was when this gen started, that may change with how "mind blowing" Gears 5 is supposedly.

As for your Megaton question, I don't even know if what MS thinks is a megaton is really a megaton to me anymore. I think buying an IP like they did Gears would be cool...idk how much it would cost to get Metal Gear from Konami but they should make the call or maybe EA would listen to calls about Mass Effect.

Thanks! Some of those games on your list are ones that I would love to see like Ryse 2. MS is not advertising Megatons, but I know some have tweeted that there will be/is Megaton's that will drop. I just cant think of something personally that would be Megaton outside of MS buying Sega and all of the IP's they have. But I know for some, like a poster above mentioned PGR revival. That would be HUGE for me, but not something I would call Megaton.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
all these leaks will be on Xbox, play best on Xbox, while sony skips this E3, so no leaks from them, because they said themselves, they dont have enough to show. I hate the leaks, but come Monday, will it matter? I'm most excited we get a new great looking tales game.

Of all the leaks so far, isn't the Ninja Theory game the only one that isn't also on PS4?

And Sony isn't skipping because they have nothing to show (Death Stranding, TLOU II, Ghost of Tsushima are right around the corner). They just aren't ready to announce new games yet and don't want to keep showing the same stuff in press conferences.

Oct 27, 2017
The World
That only thing really leaked from Microsoft is Bleeding Edge which I mean we already know was coming.

Hoping for nothing more but Benji has basically said everything is out there.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The leaks so far weren't bad imho. Bleeding Edge is something we knew about, seeing its trailer already with the technical alpha so close does not bother me much. The Bandai Namco games are... well, not things I'll probably buy, so knowing about them doesn't change much to me. I probably am gonna stop looking at Era until after the presser though at one point.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

You know to not get your hopes up on that for even a nanosecond, right? She's a VP at Google and the studio head at Stadia Games and Entertainment, which you could consider to be Google's first party studio for Stadia. Not saying it would never happen, but don't let 2019 be the year you hold your breath in anticipation of it.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Somebody leak me the date when Age of Empires 2 DE is out. So that i can pre-order it, lol.

sucks for Microsoft that people are leaking Bamco's games. I'm gonna avoid anything i can from those (I mean I can't unsee titles, but a title on its own ain't much)

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What I find odd is how certain insiders are hoping/asking for others not to leak, then a title or a small screenshot gets leaked, and then they open the floodgates: yeah, this was gonna be at the MS conference, it's for these platforms, it's been developed since x, it plays like that, etc. etc.. Half the things we know about Bleeding Edge comes from the extra info dropped by insiders tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.