• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
I will continue to be baffled as to why Halo and Gears get lumped with GAAS when both have compelling and featured Single Player components.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA

They are ripping the keynote videos? How do you directly rip videos from a keynote? They would have to be an employee wouldn't they?

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
I will continue to be baffled as to why Halo and Gears get lumped with GAAS when both have compelling and featured Single Player components.
GAAS is about continous content delivery, not if the game has single player or not. A lot of people treat "GAAS" as a derogatory term, but it really doesn't have to be.

Reminds me of how a lot of people used to be against the mere idea of DLC back in the day.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017

GaaS is not limited to MP. Hitman, The Witcher 3, Skyrim, Rage 2, Hitman 2, etc are all GaaS games in their own way as well, despite being SP. They all featured a stream of free content (of varying sizes) and bigger expansions to pay for, released over a significant amount of time to help foster an audience.

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to brad Sams I'll have to bow out. I didn't mind BE being leaked but if the whole conference is gonna be shown, I'll have to go on blackout

roly82

Apr 2, 2019
So based on that video, do we think Ninja Theory will continue work as multiple teams? The guy said "imagine what we can accomplish with our full team". Sounds like after they get Bleeding Edge out (and whatever else they have) they are going to merge back into one big team and take on the AAA scene.

They were against AAA traditional model, I'm sure they still having that philosophy.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
I don't think the Bleed Edge game will be for me but the people in the other thread hating on it because they think evil Microsoft forced them to make a multiplayer game are just silly to say the least. Era is gonna Era I guess.

Oh, most people know they weren't forced into making an MP game. It's largely subtle console warring.

Listen too hard to the hecklers and you'd think MP games are deeply unpopular.

MP games have been among the biggest drivers of console sales this gen.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I dont know i feel that Sams post is only related to Bleeding Edge.

Btw days since MS announced a new IP. 0 days.

:P

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
I dont know i feel that Sams post is only related to Bleeding Edge.

Btw days since MS announced a new IP. 0 days.

:P
I don't think so. Brad Sams is claiming that the leaker is "ripping videos from the keynote".

Videos is plural and from the keynote implies that this is what's actually going to be shown at the conference, so it can't just be some Ninja Theory insider or something.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think the Bleed Edge game will be for me but the people in the other thread hating on it because they think evil Microsoft forced them to make a multiplayer game are just silly to say the least. Era is gonna Era I guess.
Let the haters think whatever they want. MS acquired them and gave them creative freedom.. It hurts them so bad that NT isn't making games for their preferred platform anymore.

Last edited:

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
I think I am bowing out now, don't want to have anything else spoiled and this is the only gaming site that I frequent, so I will be safe if I stay away from here.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
They were against AAA traditional model, I'm sure they still having that philosophy.

I think their their studio's design is more a byproduct of necessity and survival, than one developed out of an organically developed philosophy. They were a mid sized studio living contracted AAA project to contracted AAA project, who was one misstep away from potential ruin if continuing on that trajectory. Now that they Microsoft pumping money into the studio to build up personnel, and have access to a consistent big budget - should they want it - I imagine they'll slowly transition back into AAA development as their current smaller projects release.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
I think their their studio's design is more a byproduct of necessity and survival, than one developed out of an organically developed philosophy. They were a mid sized studio living contracted AAA project to contracted AAA project, who was one misstep away from potential ruin if continuing on that trajectory. Now that they Microsoft pumping money into the studio to build up personnel, and have access to a consistent big budget - should they want it - I imagine they'll slowly transition back into AAA development as their current smaller projects release.
I think they would prefer to create more games and release more games than spend half of a generation on one big AAA game.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I think someone must have just been recording a rehearsal run or something.
Yes.
Or media/site breaking NDA.
Hope Microsoft smash those ppl.

It's probably an influencer or some non-industry person that's part of the presentation and was recording the rehearsal. I don't there's any easy way for Microsoft to figure out who it is, unless someone flat out saw them recording. Al though, if this person leaks the entire conference piece by piece, except for the part that they're on stage during, they'll probably be easier to pick out of a crowd.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Iam more shocked that people didn't know the game was multiplayer than I am of the fact a full trailer leaked

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
This just feels like the Splatoon in many ways for Xbox. Not one particular element, but the overall feel to it being something that is a genre that hasn't been really delved into yet the individual parts like "arena mp" or hack and slash have been explored in many ways.
It has crazy potential and i definitely see it doing well. That's me basing stuff off from what we saw, the potential of a game's success on game pass and just the overall push for mp games that ms has done ever since they entered console gaming.

That's it. Now i'm gonna go to my Sims 4 underground bunker. See ya guys four hours before the conference :D

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Days since MS have unveiled a new IP: 0
I wish it was that simple but you know people are gonna say "well that's a multiplayer game no one cares about that Microsoft forced Ninja Theory against their will to make, let them make single player cinematic narrative new IPs not Overwatch clones" and that BS.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
This just feels like the Splatoon in many ways for Xbox. Not one particular element, but the overall feel to it being something that is a genre that hasn't been really delved into yet the individual parts like "arena mp" or hack and slash have been explored in many ways.
It has crazy potential and i definitely see it doing well. That's me basing stuff off from what we saw, the potential of a game's success on game pass and just the overall push for mp games that ms has done ever since they entered console gaming.
Definitely get Splatoon/ARMS vibes from what can be seen. I'm into it and I'm all for more games in genres we don't see a lot of.

Technically, no. Xbox hasn't unveiled it yet. :P
Days since MS have unveiled a new IP: -3

MrDeveus

Apr 26, 2019
I didn't write this, but I feel the same way

"Imagine Microsoft buys Ninja Theory, sees their passion project & says we're canceling this game. People would destroy MS, Instead they allowed them to finish Bleeding Edge & hiring 100+ more people to work on another IP. Everyone cries for creative freedom but not really, smh."

Feel really bad for Ninja Theory, they make a game they been making for years.....something they actually want to make!! (MS didn't force them) and people crap all over it and spoil it.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Why Only MS conference is leaked every year from the Big 3 that can't be right

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017

They are ripping the keynote videos? How do you directly rip videos from a keynote? They would have to be an employee wouldn't they?

I'm more curious why Klobrille cares about leaks. I'm pretty sure the people who worked on the strategy documents he claimed to leak (albeit partially redacted) felt similarly unhappy about it when he put that out. Don't mean to have a go, but that comes off a bit funny.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think I've ever really seen this much empathy for developers when it comes to leaks. Usually it's just other platform warriors gloating about how the enemy's press conference was spoiled as if that matters at all in comparison to the hard work people are doing to put on a show.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
This is exactly my thoughts. I include AOE4, Gears Tactics and Gears POP and now Bleeding edge. So while nothing is guaranteed, it feels like the slots for new things is slim. Its unreasonable to expect 5+ megaton surprises. but if we have 2-3 and one is bleeding edge, hopefully the other two are SP focused. At least to me.

EDIT: Cant forget minecraft as a possibility.

I just read the post people are referring to about AOE 2 DE being at the show, and it only specifies that they will be on the show floor, not guarantees that they will be on stage for the conference. So the updated list becomes
- Guaranteed -
  1. Halo Infinite
  2. Gears 5
  3. Ori 2
  4. Bleeding Edge
  5. Forza Horizon 4
  6. Battletoads
  7. The Outer Worlds
  8. Wasteland III
  9. UNKNOWN
  10. UNKNOWN
  11. UNKNOWN
  12. UNKNOWN
  13. UNKNOWN
  14. UNKNOWN
- Will probably appear on a stage or in a live stream sometime between the conference and X019, but not guaranteed to be seen on Sunday -
  1. Age of Empires 4
  2. Age of Empires 2 DE
  3. Gears Tactics
  4. Gears POP
  5. Bards Tale IV

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Bards Tale IV was recently rated on ESRB so it's gotta be close to release

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
I just read the post people are referring to about AOE 2 DE being at the show, and it only specifies that they will be on the show floor, not guarantees that they will be on stage for the conference. So the updated list becomes
- Guaranteed -
  1. Halo Infinite
  2. Gears 5
  3. Ori 2
  4. Bleeding Edge
  5. Forza Horizon 4
  6. Battletoads
  7. The Outer Worlds
  8. Wasteland III
  9. UNKNOWN
  10. UNKNOWN
  11. UNKNOWN
  12. UNKNOWN
  13. UNKNOWN
  14. UNKNOWN
- Will probably appear on a stage or in a live stream sometime between the conference and X019, but not guaranteed to be seen on Sunday -
  1. Age of Empires 4
  2. Age of Empires 2 DE
  3. Gears Tactics
  4. Gears POP
  5. Bards Tale IV

They tweeted from Age of Empires's Twitter account to watch the keynote thought.

Also

I think something for Age of Empires must be on the stage.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
Outer Worlds may not count towards the total because it's Private Division

Also why is wasteland in the guaranteed pile? We know they were working on other things

Status
Not open for further replies.